It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We fabricated drug charges against innocent people to meet arrest quotas, former detective testifies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Drug laws are a waste of time. There would be no innocent people in jail if we got rid of the drug laws & there would be no cops meeting quotas if there were no drug laws. All the drug laws do is persecute the poor. Fascism, Classism Collapse System.

Peace Out

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
I want to pick my words very carefully here.
I agree, corruption is blatant and gross..Doesn't help anyone with anything. But, consider not as an excuse but as a reason, some jerkoff's do it...

Scenario: [...]

Not buying his B.S...knowing

The cop doesn't "know" anything he hasn't witnessed. Fact.

full well he was directly involved in narcotic use, possession, SADLY, the available evidence wasn't much...
Why is it sad that a cop can't abuse a citizen who is engaged in no harm to anyone but himself, on lack of evidence?

There really is no reason to detain him any longer. The decision was made to release him, pay closer attention to him in the future.
Why, are people who can't manage to adjust to this insane society and thus choose alternative self-medication methods dangerous? If so, would they continue to be dangerous if left unmolested for victimless corporate rule "violations"? Are they bad? Are they evil? Or do they just want relief from the insanity of this world? I'm talking end-users here. Forget the supply chain.

This greatly angers the "concerned citizen". Who then lodges another complaint, that cops aren't doing their jobs.
And the cops need to DO their jobs and tell "concerned citizen" to mind his own frickin business.

I understand, this is no excuse at all, to plant anything on anybody. Ever. No one is above the law. (Except the criminals.hardy har)
But I can see this as a reason some crooked a$$holes do it. Not just for a quota.

Quotas are for production of product, not protection, or prevention of crime..

There is no such thing as prevention of crime. A crime that has not been committed is not a crime at all. Maybe you were looking for the word "determent"?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I want to believe that somewhere there is a town where the police chief is just a good old boy, a good person at heart, that would never harm a soul. And would never stand for ANYTHING of this sort in his district. Well there isn't one.

Now I want to know what the people that have spent time in prison over this are going to do to the cops that were just meeting quota. ANY kind of quota like this should be illegal, immediately. Because you see what the outcome is. Corruption. Abuse. And innocent people in jail or prison while a bad cop laughs his way to the bank. Death to such cops. Very bad, cut their heads off with chainsaws, type deaths. No mercy. None. Lots of pain.

Friggin sickening.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Prohibition is an evil concept and doomed to failure every time it is thrust upon a nation by special interests and religious zealots who link substance use with morality in order to demonize the users as well as the substance.

Narcotics cops by nature tell falsehoods all day as part of their " jobs" and see no problem with lying to finiah the process that began with lies and deception. To them, a " criminal " should not get off because of some legal issue that can be cured with false testimony. Narcs are dirty, lowdown liars who have no moral compass and no conscience about abusing his fellow man.

Since drug offenses have NO VICTIMS to complain, the narcs act for the state as victim...imagine that! They act as if they are friends, and then betray. They coerce and badger and threaten those they have caught to betray their own friends, to make more busts and make more money and get more headlines. They often plant drugs or lie to cover up for other cops or for actions that would cost the case in court, they steal money and drugs and every month we read about some cops getting busted for the same acts they condemn others for.

Destroying lives for the sin of wanting to use substances that are not ' state approved" is a morally repugnant reality that cops cannot hide from...like a cockroach, narcs slither around in the dark world of deception and lies..betrayal and violence..intimidation and coercion..spitting on the Constitution and stomping on the Bill on Rights with their jackboots..kicking in doors of grannies and shooting pets and humans alike for no reason..SWAT murder teams set up for pot users..this nation needs a revolution..and for one I know what side I will be on..what about you?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

There is no such thing as prevention of crime. A crime that has not been committed is not a crime at all. Maybe you were looking for the word "determent"?

Nope. That wasn't the word I was looking for.
Keep your own words in your own mouth and don't stretch for meanings in mine..

edit on 14-10-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What happened to protect and serve? innocent until proven guilty? really, last time i checked they lock you up until you can post a bond, that dont even go towards your fines and court costs if found guilty, then if its a moving violation your license are suspened that second. I had no idea the cop's were judges as well now. The police system is so screwed up, and twisted it makes me sick. What happened to the cop's that were there to help you? Im 24 years old, and i can be walking down the street doing nothing wrong at all, see a cop and be scared. They sure in hell dont comfort me, i actually feel more safe around bad people, gang bangers, whatever cause that way i know im safe from the cops, thats pretty sad. I was just talking about the whole "quota" thing to a buddy of mine, and what happen's if you become a cop in beverly hills, i could only imagine the tickets they write you up for there, its a sad sad world when Americas cops part of the middle class (99%), can get away with almost murder, besides there money issue they might as well be in the (1%). America is falling fast, since 1984 california has built one college, and twenty-one state prisons. "The United States has less than 5 percent of the world’s population. But it has almost a quarter of the world’s prisoners." Its a sick world out there when the people you were brought up as a kid to trust, try anyway possible to write you a ticket....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wait, what ?

"... to meet a quota..." ?!

What are these guys, car salesmen that have to meet a certain quota every month ?!

Since when did law enforcement become a profitable enterprise in need of "arrest quotas" ?!

Did I miss the memo or have I just been living under a rock all these years ?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paddz420
Drug laws are a waste of time. There would be no innocent people in jail if we got rid of the drug laws & there would be no cops meeting quotas if there were no drug laws. All the drug laws do is persecute the poor. Fascism, Classism Collapse System.

Peace Out

I like what you had to say in this post, I dont condone drug use but alot of marijuana offenses should be swept under the rug, there are many marijuana drug cases that go to trial and are found guilty and subsequently go to prison where its overcrowded, id rather a pothead go free and a viloent offender such as murderer or sex offender sit and rot in prison.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

I totally agree, I wish that the God knows how many "illions" of tax dollars that are poured into busting folks for growing/selling/smoking marijuana were instead used to better police our streets, and support our young defenseless children out there. Just imagine how much money could go back into the system to give these guys actually out there fighting and investigating horrific, raper/murder/molestation cases a better pay wage? OR the manpower we could use to track follow and keep up with sex offenders (back out on the streets) or actually police the areas where schools are located as well as high crime areas?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Wait, what ?

"... to meet a quota..." ?!

What are these guys, car salesmen that have to meet a certain quota every month ?!

Since when did law enforcement become a profitable enterprise in need of "arrest quotas" ?!

Did I miss the memo or have I just been living under a rock all these years ?

It's always been about the money.

Dept heads need funding...highcrime rates GET funding.
If there are no High crime rates in a given area, the create the illusion of such by ordering officers to fabricate criminal activity by offering promotions and bonuses for cops with higher arrest records.
The cops are hired because they have a certain "outlook" and are willing to tow the dept line.

It's all really quite simple.

More arrests = high crime rate = funding for bigger paychecks, new cars, equipment, more hiring...

Rinse..... repeat.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

If you don't make the quota most likely you will be shunned and take a pay cut or be demoted if it continues its how it works...thats why cops towards the end of the month are out to get everyone. Always be careful around the end of the month

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Prohibition by its nature corrupts. There is no good way to enforce a bad law. Quota only compounds the injustice foisted onto society by these laws.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this, I'm not racist, But i would like to take a Donkey D*&@, and beat most all cops, Black, White, Asian, ETC. Communities should rule communities, Law enforcement is, if its not already a military Take over, we are headed to a police state,in all 50, if WE do not stand up and raise against to protect out Constitutional Rights, day after day they are taken from us, Praise all and myself to protest their ways and stand for our rights.

One of my neighbors is a Cop, and I try to be nice, but his gut instinct is to piss off all his close neighbors off, he gave me a threat the other day, because he was in wrong, told me that he will get me even if I'm in the wrong sometime soon, wow! I'm sure glad I pay him to protect me......

I have law enforcement in my family, and none of them I keep contact with. On the other hand, I have a few close friends that are State troopers only for the fact I get away with most unlawful stuff(minor), which have let me off inane amounts of charges just because.... well, let your imagination decide..

This Trooper G. that pulled me over, and was a Jerk to me, I put the phone on the dash, out of his reach and told him I had started the recording, quoted my C. Rights, he growled, told me to Eff off and get out of his face, NOW, never got the ticket I had coming.. I dated the lieutentant's( I won't bother with spelling) nieces from Palmer, AK station, you wouldn't believe me all the charges I got off, just for getting some of a State Troopers family's KITTYKAT, I guess once your in, your in.

99% of all local cops and State Troopers are DIRTY

Also, for any law enforcement on this site, I say, "Get a more productive jobs you corrupt Bastards."
I know this should be in the Rant Forum, but this does fit....THANK YOU

Hear, Hear to the Citizens New Revolution coming soon to your nearest community....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
what's wrong is arrest quotas. if the police didn't have that policy there wouldn't be pressure to go flaking.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what's wrong is arrest quotas. if the police didn't have that policy there wouldn't be pressure to go flaking.

Regardless of policy, police officers took an oath of office to uphold the law and defend and protect the Constitution. That oath necessarily demands that police officers refuse to acquiesce to a policy such as arrest quotas. In order to comply with the policy, police officers must necessarily break their oath of office to do so. That is the problem. People willing to take an oath of office (apparently with their fingers crossed behind their backs), and then break that oath just to keep a job.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

Originally posted by mademyself1984
There are bad cops. Nobody denies that. Most cops however are just like you. Honest people who want to make an honest living and help people. You can make stories up all you want I suppose. Whatever will get you starred and flagged right? I'm a cop. I'm a good cop.

1. typical cop attitude. Of course my story Can't be true right? made up story?.. You wish.
It's very true and 100% accurate. The guy is my brother.

2. Good cop?
so in yuour carreer, you have never seen a single cop break a single law?
and every single trime you did, you arrested him/her just like you would a citizen?
BullS***T.
If you've been on the force for over a day, you have seen a bad cop in action... now did you do anything? No or you wouldn't be a cop. ( unless you work for the Internal Alibi Department)
According to law, if you see have knowledge of a crime.. you are guilty conspiracy unless you report it.
Bad cop, not good cop.

The cop in question is ALLEGEDLY a horrendous cop. And the people he worked with and for were horrendous cops. That doesn't make a blanket that covers all of law enforcement however. Also, I wanted to mention the powder that we use to lift latent prints is magnetic, and does not harm carpet. Good story though. Really adds to the laundry list of reasons why you hate, and don't need law enforcement.

again, very true story. the dust was graphite powder..not magnetic... leaves a residue like charcoal.. and ruine the beige carpet.

That and the "I'm better trained" line. I work in a small town, in a small department, and the amount of annual, monthly, and even weekly training myself and the other officers I work with go through is unknown to basically everyone in the world outside of close family and friends.

Ignorance abounds here.
I worked with instructors at FLETC ( Fle-tec to the locals) in Georgia. your PDA training is like kindergarten compared to what we did at Fletc.
After that I worked with a company that markets and trains breaching tools and techs to LEO.
Just like a cop to assume a citizen is weaker and less informed.
In My case you are sadly mistaken.
again, typical cop response.

Yup after 12 years of working with LEO, I do not trust any of you.

Again, I say....people can feel free to tell whatever stories they want. People can continue to boldly make up lies and speak it as truth, and people can continue to talk about us like we are some sort of elite trampling on everyone's rights.

if the shoe fits..

you know, if all these so called GOOD COPS would actually do something about the BAD cops we wouldnt be in this situation now would we?
Quit sticking up for your co working crooks and do your damn job!

I find it funny that I spent my day and night off spending time with my son, and upon taking him back to his mother's, attending night class (in Criminal Justice, that I don't HAVE to attend, I do it to gain a better understanding of how to be a better officer) and then going out with a few friends to drink beer and play darts. I'm not any different than you.

Trust this... you are nothing like me. I walked away from the corruption I saw in every police dept I ever worked with. It made me sick.
I could tell you stories about crooked small town cops that would make you throw up.

I eat. I sleep. I wake up. I get dressed. I have a family. I go to school. I work. I just happen to clock in at a police station...there are #ty cops. There are also #ty lawyers. There are #ty doctors. There are #ty school teachers. There are #ty pastors. There are #ty Easter Bunnies at the mall. There are #ty burger flippers....some people suck at their jobs. The difference between you and I is I acknowledge that in every walk of life some people just don't care, or try, or get it, and others do. I associate myself with the ones that get it. And I recognize those that don't as scum.

The difference is, those other prpofessions:
1. dont carry a gun's nightsticks, and badges.
2. don't kill people with handguns on the job
3 dont abide by a different set of rules ( this craps all over the laws of this nation )

Now Mr Good cop.. how many bad cops have you seen in your carreer?

How many of them did you arrest?
be honest for once.

Good cop? or accessory to the crime?

I bet you don't answer those last 4 questions.

edit on 10/14/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

I can honestly say that I have never seen another cop break the law. Could be the fact that our department only has 2 full time officers and a police chief, could be the fact that....gasp....not all cops are bad cops. Most cops are in fact good people who happen to be cops.

edit on 10/15/2011 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Just the other day I was in the park with my girlfriend and we were laying down on a sleeping bag we brought and had a ice cooler and picnic basket. We ate, and after a while we both dozed off. We were awoken by two police officers. They told us we were "illegally camping". To their great dismay they had no idea who they were accusing of committing a crime and wound up walking away pretty flabbergasted.

However, before they walked away not sure what just happened, one of the police officers, in a misguided attempt to justify their criminality, said this:

"First, just let me say that it is always the few who make it bad for everyone. Because we have such a homeless problem in this city, and because the homeless are taking advantage..."

I interrupted him and told him he didn't want to go down the "it's always the few who make it bad for everyone" road just to justify trampling all over our rights.

He asked; "Why not?"

I told him: "First of all, we are not "one of the few"..."

He interrupted me and said; "I don't know that. I don't know you."

I responded; "That's exactly my point. I don't know you either, and I don't know if you are one of those cops who likes to beat up and kill innocents, or if you are more civilized."

He tried to interrupt, but I kept talking:

"For all I know you could be just like one of the Fullerton Six" (We live in Los Angeles only an hour away from Fullerton). This outraged the police officer and his voice rose as he said:

"I don't want to argue about it."

I said that I didn't want to argue about it either, and was just pointing out that it is always the few who make it bad for everyone.

In your estimation of why you have never seen a cop break the law, it didn't seem to occur to you that another option might be that even you break the law on a regular basis and in spite of your oath of office you agree to insane policies where you wind up grossly misapplying ordinances and legislative acts in a misguided attempt to expand your jurisdiction where none exists.

I once, years ago, was living in Chicago and one night I was with some friends and we were walking home, but I had to pee really, really bad. I kept stopping in establishments to use a bathroom, but no one would let me unless I bought something. I was broke and so were my friends. I couldn't buy anything, so was denied access to any bathroom. Finally, out of frustration, I went into an alleyway and hid behind a dumpster to pee. My friends stood watch while I was doing this. A cop cruiser pulled up, and since my two friends were on lookout and I was hiding behind a dumpster, it made sense why they became interested in what we were doing.

I explained to them that I was just peeing. They arrested me. When they got back to the station, it took them forever to charge me. I kept pressing the matter, and finally they explained that they couldn't figure out what to charge me with. They ultimately charged me with "indecent exposure".

When I went to court, I refused to plea. The judge was annoyed but when I explained to him the circumstances, at first he seemed to side with the police until I asked him candidly if he derived sexual pleasure from urination. The courtroom burst out laughing, and he used his gave to call for order, considered what I had just argued and looked at the arresting officer and asked him point blank why he charged me with a sexual offense.

The police officer answered that there was nothing else to charge me with. The judge was furious and ripped that police officer a new one, explaining through his seething anger that police cannot just arbitrarily and indiscriminately apply whatever ordinance or statute they please in order to justify a bad arrest. The case was dismissed.

Have you ever done such a thing? I don't know. Have the few police you work with ever done such a thing? I don't know. Does it happen all to often? This I know, and the answer is emphatically yes! That Chicago incident was my first lesson in Subject Matter Jurisdiction. That case was dismissed for a want of subject matter jurisdiction, and the other day when those two police officers were so intent on convincing me and my girlfriend that we were criminals, I assured them that if cited us that I would have the case dismissed for lack of subject matter jurisdiction.

"Whatever" He said.

"Not whatever, you should understand that if I am right about this, that dismissal becomes proof of your criminality."

He didn't know what to say to this, and finally told us that he wasn't going to cite us..."this time".

I suppose he was trying to save face. I don't know. I just know this, we live in a day and age where officers who took an oath to protect and defend my rights, have no regard for that, and would rather find some reason to threaten, coerce and mess with me.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Go to the 1:00-1:20 mark. "Flaking" lol.
edit on 15-10-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

There are good cops out there, I can attest to that. There are also bad cops out there that do not serve and protect the community and you know it.

Again...make crimes of corruption punishable by death and the bull# will stop.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Traffic police have quotas for sure. Quotas for drug arrests do not makes sense but anything is possible in this mad world.

The root cause for most of the problems in the society is "money". A society which glorifies money is bound to end up like this as EVERYBODY is in a race to get rich by hook or by crook. The morals and justice fall by the wayside.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join