It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We fabricated drug charges against innocent people to meet arrest quotas, former detective testifies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Exactly. Why in the world would they miss their quota, which generates a bad review, which means No Promotion or Raise!? The entire concept of law enforcement meeting quotas should be reviewed by the Supreme Court...oh, wait, they will rule against anything that would benefit the People, so...I dunno, but I think it's kinda spelled out in the Declaration of Independence.

You people understand that "quotas" are a department to department thing right? MOST police departments do NOT work to meet a quote unquote quota. That is a fact. Quit lumping one sheisty police officer from one sheisty police department in with all of the rest of the cops and departments in this country that do their jobs the right way. I'm not condoning "quotas" and in most cases (call me hypocritical if you wish) quotas DO exist in terms of traffic stops, meaning you can't let every swinging dick who goes 5 MPH over the speed limit off with a warning, eventually you DO have to write those people a ticket, as they ARE breaking posted traffic laws. I know, I know, traffic laws and handing out warnings until the end of the month are apples and oranges compared to planting narcotics on innocent people...I'm just saying. MOST departments do not operate on a "quota" outside of traffic law enforcement. And in the case of traffic law enforcement, MOST departments let minor things slide as long as possible. If you get hemmed up on the 30th of the month for a bad tail light, or driving with your high beams on into oncoming traffic, or going 4 mph over the posted speed limit, as nitpicky as it might seem, it is in fact a traffic violation that most of the time will not result in a citation, and sorry for your luck, you got caught at the wrong time. All I am saying, is a #ty police officer, or a #ty police department, or 100 #ty police officers or 100 #ty police departments, does not make up the entirety of this country's police. Not even close. Hate us all you want, but nearly every police officer I have ever known has done their job as fairly and leniently as they possibly could have given any number of circumstances. The situation is a pretty sad one, I'm not debating that. It's disgusting that happened, but keeping that in mind, it is extremely important to recognize that this is a problem attached to ONE police department. The people chiming in with quips about how all departments or police operate on these "quotas" are simply misinformed. What would I know though...I'm only a police officer...who happens to be an American Citizen, who likes drinking too much beer, smoking too many cigarettes, cursing at sporting events on the television, listening to music ranging from The Beatles to Marilyn Manson, playing video games, reading books, and discussing conspiracies on ATS. I'm a "pig"....and I'm just like all of you.
edit on 10/14/2011 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
The first thing that comes to mind is why in the heck is there a "quota" for putting people in jail. I would think they would aim for a quota more along the lines of a crime free city.

One would think, would one not? No crime yes brings no funding and no fun toys courtesy the DHS.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
This happens in every city with a high % of minorities.

Planting hard drugs on someone innocent should be punishable by death.

See....again...I'm not condoning anything that ALLEGEDLY happened in this story. I am however pointing out that saying this happens in "every city with........insert whatever made up thought you wish here........." is flat out incorrect.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68
There are corrupt cops that break the law..
and there are cops that turn their heads and allow other cops to break the law

Both are just as guilty.
There are no good cops.

These NYPD cops are scumbags, and should be sent to Riker's and put in GP.

They are Gutless Cowards who would rather fram harmelss innocents than actually arrest a criminal.

LEO depts are the biggest most powerful criminal enterprise/gang on the planet.

Aside from the obvious tampering with evidence, the cops are also guilty of:

Felony possesion of drugs, Distrubution of drugs, possession of a fiream in the commission of a Felony,
Possession of a fiream while in possession of felony narcotics, abuse of power, Felony kidnapping, false imprisonment, Assault, ( if the drew their firearms on any innocent they framed, you can add assault with a deadly weapon)

any one of these crimes commited by a civilian while holding a pistol would get us 20-life in a state prison.

Still support LEO?
They have a different set of laws.. they are above the laws we have to obey, and they know it.
They have the power to kill you and walk scott free... with pay.

Before any loser tells me " one day you'll need a cop"..
No I won't.
I ask.. "For what?" Their guns? protection? Im more equipped, better prepared, and better trained than any cop.
I was burglarized many years ago.. cops did nothing... laughed at my broken home, and wasted 2 hours stomping all over my lawn, dumped black fingerprint powder everywhere.. then said they couldnt get a print because it was a "used home with many prints". ( they why even bother if you knew that? the powder ruined the carpet and cost me a $900 deposit when I moved.. thanks boys in blue.

I almost got burglarized again..( keyword: ALMOST)....... this time, I must admit they did litterally carry the burglar away, but the EMT's took over for them at the street.

Cops wit6h high arrest records get promoted faster.
There is a TON of incentive to pad your arrest record.

Oh, BTW.. I worked for many years training LEO officers on situation specific tools, and selling said tools to LEO departments.
From experience: I would NEVER trust a cop.. any cop.

Yes one bad apple that gets ignored by the rest will spoil the entire bushel

edit on 10/13/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

There are bad cops. Nobody denies that. Most cops however are just like you. Honest people who want to make an honest living and help people. You can make stories up all you want I suppose. Whatever will get you starred and flagged right? I'm a cop. I'm a good cop. The cop in question is ALLEGEDLY a horrendous cop. And the people he worked with and for were horrendous cops. That doesn't make a blanket that covers all of law enforcement however. Also, I wanted to mention the powder that we use to lift latent prints is magnetic, and does not harm carpet. Good story though. Really adds to the laundry list of reasons why you hate, and don't need law enforcement.That and the "I'm better trained" line. I work in a small town, in a small department, and the amount of annual, monthly, and even weekly training myself and the other officers I work with go through is unknown to basically everyone in the world outside of close family and friends. Again, I say....people can feel free to tell whatever stories they want. People can continue to boldly make up lies and speak it as truth, and people can continue to talk about us like we are some sort of elite trampling on everyone's rights. I find it funny that I spent my day and night off spending time with my son, and upon taking him back to his mother's, attending night class (in Criminal Justice, that I don't HAVE to attend, I do it to gain a better understanding of how to be a better officer) and then going out with a few friends to drink beer and play darts. I'm not any different than you. I eat. I sleep. I wake up. I get dressed. I have a family. I go to school. I work. I just happen to clock in at a police station...there are #ty cops. There are also #ty lawyers. There are #ty doctors. There are #ty school teachers. There are #ty pastors. There are #ty Easter Bunnies at the mall. There are #ty burger flippers....some people suck at their jobs. The difference between you and I is I acknowledge that in every walk of life some people just don't care, or try, or get it, and others do. I associate myself with the ones that get it. And I recognize those that don't as scum.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Especially appalling this is another incident of Drug War justice. Argue that it could happen with most any type of crime? What is more easily perpetrated, stigmatizes more thoroughly, carries a potentially longer sentence, and more difficult to convincingly deny than to have drugs planted?

A person can be stopped, searched, arrested, convicted, incarcerated, and stigamatized for the rest of their life because they look like a drug user. When it comes down to the citizens word against the law enforcement officer's that damning piece of evidence that is so easily planted is all that is necessary. The officer earns his brownie point for the day, the court gets a conviction, the prison gets another hand for cheap labor, and the innocent victim is scarred for life. Enough of this insanity already.

Nobody can be stopped, searched, arrested, convicted, incarcerated and stigmatized for the rest of their life for looking like a drug user. Fact. I can stop you. I can search you. But I can't convict you, I can't incarcerate you, and I can't stigmatize you if I am in fact wrong. Actually, regardless of whether or not I arrest you, I can't convict you nor incarcerate you. The court handles that. And the burden of proof is on me, or the state.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I do not support what these cops did and I don't support the idea of police having to meet quotas while performing their duties. But besides the obvious fact of revenue I think the quotas are in place to ensure that they do their job.

If they didn't have to meet certain expectations (quotas) while doing their job, the they could just hang out at the doughnut shops all day and avoid the rough neighborhoods that put them at risk.

I can say that this kind of corruption does happen a lot in larger cities and the surrounding areas. I can think of three recent cases in my area just off the top of my head.

In San Francisco narcotics agents were caught on film raiding a known drug dealer and in a sense doing a shakedown. They stole money and drugs and it was a large number of officers and detectives involved.

www.sfexaminer.com...

Also in San Francisco there was recently a crime lab technician who was in charge of testing the drugs that were confiscated by police. They were stealing the drugs from the lab and using it themselves. They were caught and all the cases that involved this technician were thrown out.

www.sfexaminer.com...

Last case was another set of officers in Contra Costa County, CA. Who were setting people up using female decoys. They are also charged with stealing drugs with the intention to sell them
Contra Costa Narcotics Officers arrested
Narcotics Officer pleads not guilty
Another clip and article regarding the same case

Thought I would add this clip from the movie training day

edit on 14-10-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add video

edit on 14-10-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: fix link

edit on 14-10-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add link

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

I thank you for sharing your perspective as someone on the " front lines". You have made some good points.

My problem is that you seem more defensive than outraged. As a good police officer you should not feel threatened by this story, and criticism of this police officer should not offend you.

I have seen some comments by a few member that were in poor taste towards LEO's, but most the comments I have seen were respectful and should expected once a story like this goes public.

You knew when you decided to become a LEO that they have a bad reputation in general. Many occupations come with this stigma...politicians, bankers, lawyers...etc.

I hope this comment of mine did not seem like a personal attack. I respect all the good cops who actually risk their safety to help the general population. My hat goes off to you

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Also interesting, where did they get the drugs from to plant that would not be noticed missing?

Sounds like the gang has got the baked cake and gets to eat it too...

Just a gang in uniform, nothing more....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Just a gang in uniform, nothing more....

These individuals involved in the story from the OP are thugs with badges, nothing more. I hope they do fed time somewhere. Chances are they will get protective custody, we all know what happens to crooked cops in the general prison population.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I thank you for sharing your perspective as someone on the " front lines". You have made some good points.

My problem is that you seem more defensive than outraged. As a good police officer you should not feel threatened by this story, and criticism of this police officer should not offend you.

I have seen some comments by a few member that were in poor taste towards LEO's, but most the comments I have seen were respectful and should expected once a story like this goes public.

You knew when you decided to become a LEO that they have a bad reputation in general. Many occupations come with this stigma...politicians, bankers, lawyers...etc.

I hope this comment of mine did not seem like a personal attack. I respect all the good cops who actually risk their safety to help the general population. My hat goes off to you

Your comment was fantastic, no offense taken and I understand the stigma that comes with the job. My only gripe with threads such as this one is that people are always so quick (and it really is no other's fault but the media) to throw a story on a webpage, or in a newspaper or magazine, or on the evening news, highlighting shoddy, and in cases such as this one, absolutely horrendous, pathetic, and disgusting "police work". For every one bad police officer, what people fail to realize, is there are hundreds, maybe thousands or more, who do things the way they are supposed to do them. I guess I shouldn't "place blame" on the media. There is no reason to report on the officers doing their jobs the right way, that isn't news worthy. Everyone should be expected to do their jobs respectively and serve some sort of good and purpose. It just "grinds my gears" when one story (which I believe in this instance has not been substantiated other than allegations) suddenly encompasses all of us. I also serve in the United States Army Reserve, and while doing my most recent tour of duty in Iraq, I posted in a thread in which somebody was literally blanketing all military personnel as monsters, or killers, or murderers, when that is simply not even close to being accurate. Most soldiers, and most police officers, no matter how #ty the circumstance, do their jobs to the best of their ability and do it within reason. I've said countless times that I agree, there are bad police officers, and there are bad soldiers, and there are situations in law enforcement that are certainly discouraging to others in the profession. Just as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, have always been somewhat discouraging to me. I have volunteered to deploy twice, and both times I've done my job and done it within reason. I never have fully endorsed either conflict. But having been to Iraq twice since 2005, and spending nearly two full years there, regardless of whether or not we "should or should not" be there, I can say with certainty that the majority of soldiers were doing great things for people who truly did not "hate" us. By the end of my first tour many of the citizens we interacted with on a regular basis were people I would consider friends, and still think about to this day. MOST soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines went to that country trying to make the best out of a poor situation (both in our foreign policy and the way of life which many of those people had been subjected to) and we did fantastic things for them, and they did fantastic things for us. I know going over there I truly thought they were my "enemy". I didn't trust a nare one of "them". And to be quite honest, it was still hard (over there) to automatically put good faith and trust into every citizen I encountered. However, the one thing I certainly learned from them, was regardless our differences, regardless of if I didn't want to be there anymore than they wanted me there, was that most of them DID understand it wasn't MY decision to be there. It wasn't MY decision when a handful of marines, or soldiers, or whoever did something horrific. They were people, just like you or myself, who due to that fact, certainly have bad apples of their own. The one lesson I know I left that place with was that I did good things, not because I had to, but because it made the piss poor reasons that we were there take a rear seat to forming meaningful relationships with people I will never see again. And I learned they were really no different than you are I. The insurgency was a bad, bad thing. And good soldiers did things the best they could to differentiate that from the good people of that country we were occupying as if it were our own. Most police officers are the same way. Sure, there are bad ones. But most of us are good ones who want to do people a service that takes even just a little bit of the resentment that most have towards Law Enforcement away. We are all alike.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My little brother just had something similar happen to him by a crooked piece of # calling himself an "officer of the law". I wonder what "law" it is that he follows... There are too many of these pigs on the streets, waging war against the American citizenry. I blame all of you cowards who don't stand up and fight in the courtroom when you are charged unlawfully, instead taking plea bargains because you are so easily intimidated. The fear and complacency of the average American is going to force non-violent men like myself to seek another recourse to fight back against this tyranny.

I tried to fight trumped up charges in court once. Disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, BOTH were made up as I was asking the cops more questions than they wanted me to, as they hassled my loud mate.. ironically, he wasn't charged when they diverted attention to me. Notoriously they were the 79 division, which has since been disbanded.

Cost me near a grand in lawyer fees and court costs, AND the only way I was going to get off on anything was to plead guilty to disorderly conduct, and they'd drop the resisting arrest. There was neither... but adding the resisting arrest charge was common practice with young offenders, and they magistrate never took the offenders word - and no one in the area was willing to testify.

So that was the advice of the lawyer, and even that took months with court dates being rescheduled. Had I opted to fight, I was told I'd be facing a very hefty fine - and I was only 19 at the time, paying what I did still had to be paid off over time, garnered from my pay from my then retarded and useless paying job.. Then they threatened me with a restraining order from the city where I live..... pfft.

It's a pathetic system and it's made that way. Pigs like this are just lapping up the luxury - disgusting...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
there are good cops out there, but they are vastly outnumbered by the bullying bad cops that think they have immunity to everything. sadly this seems to be the way that the world's police forces are going, and we are all aware of it yet without a major news story breaking we tend to be ridiculed for our beliefs.

i've been a dj in my life, and in the course of that i've seen plenty of corrupt cops on the job, hiding their badges, hitting pregnant women and children, false accusations, destruction of property, the shooting and killing of family pets.

i also used to run a website called 'rat on a pig' after the police's 'rat on a rat' campaign in the uk. the very first post on there was from somebody that alleged that the police/lawyers/judges have a paedophile ring that he knew all about but valued his life too much to speak out about more. whilst i have no evidence for this, and following subsequent discussion with the poster involved, i have no doubt that what he said was 100% true.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
there are good cops out there, but they are vastly outnumbered by the bullying bad cops that think they have immunity to everything. sadly this seems to be the way that the world's police forces are going, and we are all aware of it yet without a major news story breaking we tend to be ridiculed for our beliefs.

i've been a dj in my life, and in the course of that i've seen plenty of corrupt cops on the job, hiding their badges, hitting pregnant women and children, false accusations, destruction of property, the shooting and killing of family pets.

i also used to run a website called 'rat on a pig' after the police's 'rat on a rat' campaign in the uk. the very first post on there was from somebody that alleged that the police/lawyers/judges have a paedophile ring that he knew all about but valued his life too much to speak out about more. whilst i have no evidence for this, and following subsequent discussion with the poster involved, i have no doubt that what he said was 100% true.

I have been all over the state, the country, and the world, and I have never in my life been anywhere where it was even close to apparent that bad cops "outnumbered" good ones...In fact I've always noticed the complete opposite of that to be true. The reason bad cops "outnumber" good cops, in most people's view, is because you won't ever notice the cops doing things they way they are supposed to be doing them. Again, hand in hand with the "America's military is full of monsters" train of thought. When was the last time you turned on the news and heard about some transportation unit, that was running convoy security throughout Iraq, taking time out of their days off of mission to organize clothing, toy, sports equipment, school equipment, etc. drives for Iraqi children. Hell, both of my tours, when my unit left Iraq, the televisions, dvd players, stereos, chairs, card tables, microwaves, any food items that were still good to be used, etc., that we weren't taking home with us, were donated to local nationals who lived and worked on post. For every ONE terrible story I've heard about a police officer or group of them, or soldier, or group of them, I have personally seen hundreds of fantastic stories that nobody will ever know outside of those that were present. But still, continue with the rhetoric that because good deeds generally go unnoticed, and bad deeds receive the most publicity, that the majority of people in this world, especially soldiers and police officers, are bad. When again, in most realities, they are normal people, with normal lives, just like you. The only difference is when they go to work they wear a badge or a uniform.

Edited to add, I am fully aware of not only the allegations aforementioned by the police officer in question within this thread, but also the antics of the lunatic fringe of all of the police officers on duty during the OWS circus. How many instances of "pigs" running around pepper spraying and antagonizing the public REALLY happened? How many officers do you suppose at some point in time were assigned to work OWS? There is a piece of work in every crowd. I've seen youtube videos of fast food employees flipping out and attacking customers. I'm not convinced that every guy taking orders in America is out to harm me.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

Originally posted by ladyteeny

I have been all over the state, the country, and the world, and I have never in my life been anywhere where it was even close to apparent that bad cops "outnumbered" good ones...In fact I've always noticed the complete opposite of that to be true. The reason bad cops "outnumber" good cops, in most people's view, is because you won't ever notice the cops doing things they way they are supposed to be doing them. Again, hand in hand with the "America's military is full of monsters" train of thought. When was the last time you turned on the news and heard about some transportation unit, that was running convoy security throughout Iraq, taking time out of their days off of mission to organize clothing, toy, sports equipment, school equipment, etc. drives for Iraqi children. Hell, both of my tours, when my unit left Iraq, the televisions, dvd players, stereos, chairs, card tables, microwaves, any food items that were still good to be used, etc., that we weren't taking home with us, were donated to local nationals who lived and worked on post. For every ONE terrible story I've heard about a police officer or group of them, or soldier, or group of them, I have personally seen hundreds of fantastic stories that nobody will ever know outside of those that were present. But still, continue with the rhetoric that because good deeds generally go unnoticed, and bad deeds receive the most publicity, that the majority of people in this world, especially soldiers and police officers, are bad. When again, in most realities, they are normal people, with normal lives, just like you. The only difference is when they go to work they wear a badge or a uniform.

Edited to add, I am fully aware of not only the allegations aforementioned by the police officer in question within this thread, but also the antics of the lunatic fringe of all of the police officers on duty during the OWS circus. How many instances of "pigs" running around pepper spraying and antagonizing the public REALLY happened? How many officers do you suppose at some point in time were assigned to work OWS? There is a piece of work in every crowd. I've seen youtube videos of fast food employees flipping out and attacking customers. I'm not convinced that every guy taking orders in America is out to harm me.

you're entirely right. good deeds do go unnoticed. the police are supposed to be good so therefore we do give more publicity to the wronguns.

i'm very good friends with an armed response unit officer in london, he's one of the good ones. i applaud and respect those of you that do your jobs with impunity and honour. however the bad ones are ruining your reputation worldwide. and yes, there's good and bad in all professions, but the police are supposed to be the ones above all that.

i understand your defensiveness, but if you'd seen what i've seen you'd be just as disgusted and outraged by their corrupt behaviour.

keep up the good work though, there's not enough of you out there

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I'm not condoning "quotas" and in most cases (call me hypocritical if you wish) quotas DO exist in terms of traffic stops, meaning you can't let every swinging dick who goes 5 MPH over the speed limit off with a warning, eventually you DO have to write those people a ticket, as they ARE breaking posted traffic laws. I know, I know, traffic laws and handing out warnings until the end of the month are apples and oranges compared to planting narcotics on innocent people...I'm just saying. MOST departments do not operate on a "quota" outside of traffic law enforcement.
I pretty much knew about the traffic ticket quotas, but the fact is enough people are speeding to where it's not necessary to falsely accuse anyone.

But the quotas for narcotics and planting those is mind boggling. I didn't know they could go so low, even if it's a geographically isolated case. It doesn't appear to be isolated in time, since it's been happening for some time, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Whatever makes you sleep at night…

You can defend your gang all you like by all over the world people are growing angry over police enforcing unjust laws not to mention the abuses of power. People have every right to kick up a storm every time a police overseer messes up. One day if there is a revolution in your country I hope you have your baton and pepper spray ready for those protesters.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Nobody can be stopped, searched, arrested, convicted, incarcerated and stigmatized for the rest of their life for looking like a drug user. Fact. I can stop you. I can search you. But I can't convict you, I can't incarcerate you, and I can't stigmatize you if I am in fact wrong. Actually, regardless of whether or not I arrest you, I can't convict you nor incarcerate you. The court handles that. And the burden of proof is on me, or the state.

You are saying that cannot happen?? Yes, it can and does.

If you are a LEO I am well aware of what part you play in this. You have the power and authority to put this all in play. It starts, or ENDS, with YOU. And if you are crooked, have a quota, have a vendetta, or just have a bug up your shorts you can start the process that makes it ALL happen. And if you plant evidence, which is all too easy to do with a small amout of drugs, you could put a third-striker away forever - such a person has almost no credibility before a judge, but you do.

I am highly opposed to the runaway powers of the Drug War, it is eroding the rights and privacies of everyone. And one crooked cop in the street looking to "clean up the streets" of his community or just to pad his reputation and make promotion can wreak havok on the justice system and American way of life, what remains of that dream. Chances are this crooked cop knows many of those in the courts will back his play for the whole trip. It happens, and it starts with you in the street. I am well aware of how it works, and so are you.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
will this revelation be the catalyst that causes the masses to revolt? what about the innocent ones that are behind bars because of status quo's that had to be met? when will this madness end? who is in charge ? who is to blame?
the police chief, the Governor, the president. who takes the fall? this truth leaves me with endless questions and more proof we live on prison planet terra.......................truly disgusting

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by boncho
Does anyone else think there is something fundamentally wrong with there being "quotas" on things like this?

Police, ideal wise, should be meant to protect the public and make society more civil through public mediation. Not meet their monthly arrest targets....

The reason there's an arrest quota in the first place, is because many police departments need a way to justify their existence. If the city is crime-free, what do we need cops for? Basically the more crime there is, the more cops are needed, the more funding they receive. There are quotas for traffic tickets as well.

As we know, cops have a certain protective 'brotherhood' among them. They don't rat each other out, they cover up each other's mistakes or intentional breach of law, and they basically disown any cop who comes out with the truth. Certain police departments that have these quotas in place will do unethical things in order to keep their jobs safe from elimination.

I'll give you an example. If you have a cop in the family, you might be the recipient of a certain sticker you place on your drivers license. When you break the law (let's say you were speeding or talking on your phone) and you are pulled over, you hand the cop your license, and when he sees the sticker on your license he will not give you a ticket. I know someone with this sticker. He was pulled over by a cop and handed him his license. When the cop saw the sticker, he almost flipped. It was obvious the cop REALLY wanted to nail him for speeding, and the frustration was very apparent. He started yelling and questioning him about who he knew in what police department, and wanted to know the other cop's name. In the end the cop didn't give him a ticket. He let him go, but believe you me.... had that sticker not been on his license, he was gonna get fined pretty good. This cop from a completely different police department 80 miles away wasn't willing to break this secret cop code of conduct!!!
edit on 13-10-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)
Right!

This post should have a hundred stars! They rely on high crime statistics to get funding.
Just think, when you see a news report saying how high the crime rate is in the area where you live, some chief of police is rubbing his hands together and salivating over the fresh funding that will be coming in to his department. Kind of completely backwards and sad, eh????

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
As it stands today, the whole Law Enforcement apparatus is nothing but a system of revenue collection. Its a corporation. As such, they have to balance their books and hopefully make a large profit. What better way to earn money than to forcefully and legally extract it from a citizen? Sure they will arrest the odd real criminal that they happen to come across if and when necessary but law enforcement is "all about the money". All they are interested in is protecting each other and getting back to base as quickly as possible. They have multiple toys that can kill you and they are free to use these toys at their own discretion. In the eyes of The Law, my word means nothing and that one Revenue Collection Agent's word is everything. If I say I didn't and a cop says I did, then I did. I do not pass go. I do not collect 200 dollars. I go directly to jail. Jails make money too, lots of tax dollars that go to a corporation for "services provided". The "cost" was something like 30,000 dollars a year to lock someone up. That's a bit more than many people earn a year.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join