It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to the USA from Queen Elizabeth II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In these dark times of troubles, depression, lies, chaos and days of darkness glooming, sometimes you need a bit of a laugh and a giggle...

I came across this on the net today and brought a smile to my face.....

Thought that some of you Americans out there could do with a laugh just as much as us Brits do....

First click here....desmond.imageshack.us...

Now read from here....

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II:

In light of your immediate failure to financially manage yourselves and also in recent years your tendency to elect incompetent Presidents of the USA and therefore not able to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas , which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

by: Diana Christova
edit on 13-10-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

The origins of this particular piece have a long sordid history of revisions as do many things floating around on the net and emails. However it is very important to always cite sources to the best of your abilities. Given the details on this one, snopes is as good as any other source and includes the evolution of the article.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Ahabstar because: proper formatting of cited material

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This. Made. My. Day.

It's my birthday today too but this is even better xD

Thank you!

God Shave The Queen!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It's about time that the queen came over here and straightened things out.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
This. Made. My. Day.

It's my birthday today too but this is even better xD

Thank you!

God Shave The Queen!

Dog shave the Queen and all who sail in her.........

Happy birthday.............

edit on 13-10-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think they should be allowed to keep baseball, but with some minor changes, first it will be called rounders, second, their two handed bats will be replaced by a small wooded bat, held by one hand only. And when the team gets a home run (now called a rounder) The crowd must chant "rounder, rounder" in unison. There sorted that one out.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

That was wonderful! Best thing I've read so far. And it's funny, the more I think about it, the more I feel that it may be a valid solution to our problems over here. Especially the beer part! (being a brewer myself)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I think they should be allowed to keep baseball, but with some minor changes, first it will be called rounders, second, their two handed bats will be replaced by a small wooded bat, held by one hand only. And when the team gets a home run (now called a rounder) The crowd must chant "rounder, rounder" in unison. There sorted that one out.

"Rounder, rounder, rounder."................Haha......like that....haha

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Gordon Bennett, that's brilliant!!
Every line game me a larf; maybe because I'm from the east side of the pond
I hope those from our soon to be colony find it equally amusing.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by davethebear

That was wonderful! Best thing I've read so far. And it's funny, the more I think about it, the more I feel that it may be a valid solution to our problems over here. Especially the beer part! (being a brewer myself)

Yeah, when I was over there trying to have a night on the beer with the hope of being drunk like a true englishman, I may as well have saved my money and just drank water, it had the same affect............

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Color - Wiki

From Latin color, via Anglo-Norman colour (Early Anglo-Norman culur). The US spelling, which excludes the u, was chosen to conform to the word's Latin origin, and to make all derivatives consistent (colorimeter, colorize, colorless, etc; see below).

Funny joke but it doesn't respect the history of our language.

It originally had no u.

So let's at least make our jokes factual next time. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Color - Wiki

From Latin color, via Anglo-Norman colour (Early Anglo-Norman culur). The US spelling, which excludes the u, was chosen to conform to the word's Latin origin, and to make all derivatives consistent (colorimeter, colorize, colorless, etc; see below).

Funny joke but it doesn't respect the history of our language.

It originally had no u.

So let's at least make our jokes factual next time. Thanks.

Oooh, handbags at dawn...............haha

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Fantastic! I love it!

YAY QUEENY!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
Gordon Bennett, that's brilliant!!
Every line game me a larf; maybe because I'm from the east side of the pond
I hope those from our soon to be colony find it equally amusing.

Me too, it's just a bit of fun.....

That's what we need today in these crappy times................

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Also it appears "ize" was the original Greek.

From French -iser < Latin -izare < Ancient Greek -ιζειν (-izein).

wiki ise

That Greek letter is Zeta.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also it appears "ize" was the original Greek.

From French -iser < Latin -izare < Ancient Greek -ιζειν (-izein).

wiki ise

That Greek letter is Zeta.

Steady on old boy, you may take our "u's" and "Ize's" but you'll never take our tea and biscuits.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
After all those laws are enacted, the US can then call themselves Australia as well.
Wouldnt be any different than us here, now.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boony
After all those laws are enacted, the US can then call themselves Australia as well.
Wouldnt be any different than us here, now.

Too right there mate...I have just returned back to the UK after 4 years away in Australia and personally I couldn't see the difference between Oz and the US. I came home to wit and proper beer in a real pub.......Oh, and tea and biscuits which aren't Arnotts, and no TV ads every 7 minutes, pure bliss..................

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Happy Birthday Swizzy.

And God save the Queen!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

by: Diana Christova

Or John Cleese.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

And God save the Queen!

Have you seen how old she is?

Her Diamond Jubilee is next year. It's quite a big deal historically considering she is the second longest reigning monarch after Victoria. Also considering that Victoria was the longest reigning female monarch known to current history...

I wonder if you folks repeating that phrase all of the time actually makes someone live longer?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join