It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most vulnerable suffer when fluoride is taken from water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The difference is whether fluoride is topical and ingested. Topical is fine. Ingested is not.

How do you think flouride strenthens the teeth?

Of the 95 residents in areas where the concentration of fluoride in drinking water was high (area A: 1.0-3.2 ppm and area B: 2.0-13 ppm), 19 subjects were diagnosed as possible cases of osteofluorosis and one case of definite osteofluorosis (corresponding to the second phase of the Roholm's classification) was found. In the latter case, the subject had drunk highly contaminated (12ppm) water for 26 years; a high serum fluoride concentrations (0.427ppm) and high levels of ALP and osteocalcin were found

link

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

How do you think flouride strenthens the teeth?

*Ahem*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

I am one of those stupid Americans that my fellow Americans feel the need to spent all their time creating stupid laws to control me because I am to stupid to take care of myself.
I try to hide from HOA's and everything Democratic as I still believe we live in a Republic but I am still called stupid for my undemocratic believe of the law.
What was your question?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Ok, you just mentioned bones among a host of other things. I actualy posted a scientific study as to why.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I will have you know, that my TIN FOIL hat is top of the line in it's model and make. Nothing can penetrate my brain. And I havent lived in my moms basement for at least a year. I got upgraded to the attic.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Hey you, pathetic wanna be noob troll.

The fact that humans can still reproduce does not mean that:
1) it was comfortable
2) they didnt die at young ages
3) that having constant dental problems is a joy
4) you had no teeth by 30
5) high infant mortality rates

And a lot of people are on here saying they don't want forced flouridation....so that means,
Americans don't want the state to medicate them.

Trolling 101:

if your gonna attack an entire population, at least choose a reason that makes sense. And don't use a statement that is contrary to what everyone is saying.
But your just another low rent troll. How sad for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ok, you just mentioned bones among a host of other things.

Did you Avoid reading the part where fluoride is Toxic to the *TEETH* on purpose?

I actualy posted a scientific study as to why.

The Material Safety Data Sheet is the Correlation of scientific facts about the material properties of the Flouride.

You don't get much more scientific than that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I prefer to be called stupid American, Troll offends me.
So describe the pain and suffering and how coming to America to get away from a controlling country of origin was so bad.
So I can warn all future immigrants to this country.

So you don't respect your elders?
edit on 12-10-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: No respect your elders

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NecroDjinn

LOL! You sir owe me a new keyboard as my old one now has Mt. Dew all over it from me taking a drink while reading your post.....Well done!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I have ten bucks that says that your not even American.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

My post

From 'How stuff works' website series 'Stuff they don't want you to know'.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thanks, I'll read it!

Place second line here................................................................................

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I have ten bucks that says that your not even American.

How do you want me to prove it, just remember the T and C no personal info...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Why is it some people read ONE article and think they are an authority on a subject? So you read this and now want to show everyone else the error in our ways? I thank you for your insight and tireless work you put into reading that one article.

So Fluoride is good for you huh?
"Warning: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, get medical help or contact Poison Control Center right away."

That is on TOOTHPASTE, tell me something if fluoride is so good for you why put it in the water supply? If you aren't suppose to swallow it why is it in the water supply?

If that doesn't do it for ya', ever hear of Edward Bernays?

Probably not so I'll fill you in. He was an American pioneer in the field of public relations and propaganda. Why is that important?

He also helped the Aluminum Company of America (Alcoa) and other special interest groups to convince the American public that water fluoridation was safe and beneficial to human health. This was achieved by using the American Dental Association in a highly successful media campaign.

Now why would the public need to be convinced this was good for teeth? I mean if it was so good for you people would be clamoring to get it into their water supply...I mean toothpaste.

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society" - Edward Bernays

en.wikipedia.org...

Now let's talk about what it is:

Sodium Fluoride (NaF) was the first compound used and is the reference standard. It is a white, odorless powder or crystal; the crystalline form is preferred if manual handling is used, as it minimizes dust. It is more expensive than the other compounds, but is easily handled and is usually used by smaller utility companies. It is the byproduct of the production of superphosphate fertilizer.
www.hpa.org.uk...

Fluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6) is an inexpensive liquid by-product of phosphate fertilizer manufacture. It comes in varying strengths, typically 23–25%; because it contains so much water, shipping can be expensive. It is also known as hexafluorosilicic, hexafluosilicic, hydrofluosilicic, and silicofluoric acid.
www.solvaychemicals.us...

Sodium fluorosilicate (Na2SiF6) is a powder or very fine crystal that is easier to ship than fluorosilicic acid. It is also known as sodium silicofluoride.
fluoridedetective.com...

These compounds were chosen for their solubility, safety, availability, and low cost. A 1992 census found that, for U.S. public water supply systems reporting the type of compound used, 63% of the population received water fluoridated with fluorosilicic acid, 28% with sodium fluorosilicate, and 9% with sodium fluoride.

63% of fluoride in water is a byproduct of the production of superphosphate fertilizer. That sounds awesome doesn't it?
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and I bet no one told you nobody knows how much Fluoride you receive via water because it is dumped in and not regulated after it is dumped in. And Fluoride is a food additive and just about everything we cook uses tap water so you are most likely getting exposed somewhere, somehow.

So it may not be a conspiracy but it sure as hell shouldn't be in our water...and you might be better served being slightly more informed before posting threads.

Links the uninformed might find useful before posting their next thread:

"Engineering Consent": Edward Bernays & Water Fluoridation
video.google.com...

Journalist Christopher Bryson claims in his new book "The Fluoride Deception"
www.democracynow.org...

In 2002, Adam Curtis and the BBC released a four-part series called "The Century of the Self."
www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

considering I tested water for flouride for 8 years, I know all about MSDS sheets, which I hope you never confuse with a medical study in the future.

MSDS sheets are for workers and transporters and the necessary handling of said substance or chemcial. Most chemcials come with them if they are transported in any amount.

Even windex comes with a MSDS sheet and warning placards on tanker trucks when it is transported.

Citric acid comes with an MSDS.

Flouride is toxic to ingest, not to put on teeth. Everyone has nice solid teeth, flouride works. That is not what is being debated here. It is the problem of ingesting said flouride and the effects on the body which you have already mentioned.

that all being said. what is really bad for your inside and out? That truley comes with a pretty MSDS sheet?

chlorine.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yeah the only problem i have with that is that life expectancy is higher than it was before fluoride was put in the water. A person will die from water poisoning before any effects from the fluoride added to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
on the 'directions for use' on the back of fluoridated toothpaste says if you swallow ANY of it you should call poison control asap..............hmmmm I wonder why? *sarcasm*

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Like I stated eariler in the thread. The MSDS for fluoride is in its purest form. Fluoride is mixed at around one part per million.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

edit on 12-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
dblepost
edit on 12-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join