It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most vulnerable suffer when fluoride is taken from water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The most vulnerable suffer when fluoride is taken from water

vitals.msnbc.msn.com

Aside from some tooth discoloration, which may be able to be fixed by lowering the amount of fluoride used, there is no health risk. In January, in response to the cosmetic issue, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced a proposal to change the recommended fluoride level to 0.7 milligrams per liter of water. That’s down from a range of 0.7 to 1.2 milligrams per liter, the standard since 1962, reported the Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've never been clear on what the big hubbub is about fluoride in the water. We've had it there for decades and life expectancy and tooth retention has steadily increased. However you've got this faction of people, most of whom still live in their mom's basement wearing tin foil hats, want everyone to think the government is poisoning us. All I can do is stare at the screen and shake my head in bewilderment.

vitals.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+107 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Skeptics are like tits on a bull. Useless.

Fertilizer byproducts fed to you intravenously no big deal?

Just close your mind and don't worry, nothing to fear here, move along.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Joking aside, good on you. There's too many insensible panicky ladies running around all hands up in the air like Chicken Little, worrying about their fragile little snowflake selves when they should be out doors exercising their bodies and minds instead of jumping at every little imagined shadow.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I can't find any proof of a tea party
no primaries for tea party, no ballot listing
is there going to be an imaginary OWS party now also?
The story did not offer any proof of a tea party signed petition.
Could we move this to the hoax bin?
MSNBC Hoaxed Readers.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There has been fluoride in water for a lot longer than a few decades - remember that the reason it was cottoned onto in the first place is that some places around the world had better dental health than others..........and hte only relevant factor was determined to be NATURAL FLUORIDE IN WATER!

In hte USA attention was drwn to fluoride because of the "Colorado brown stain" phenomenum seen around Pikes Peak - we now know this as fluorosis. Despite the visibe staining and even cracking, children in the area had significantly fewer cavities than those elsewhere.

Subsequent studies of dental helath in fluoridated and non-fluoridated water supply areas have, AFAIK, universally found fluoridation to be a significant factor in improved health.

+67 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Fluoride in the water system was created by Hitler. Welcome to America.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Brave person
Flouride is safe of course. I think most of the stuff we see is from people suffering from various levels of paranoid delusions.

You really want to upset them, point out each generation lives longer and is healthier which is true. That really pisses them off because it's true. People want to believe their MD's and the medical community is out to get them.

I've thought about doing an extensive thread on these irrational ideas and products of paranoid delusions, but never had the courage.

Strangely enough the same people bankrupt themselves buying fake stuff sold to them by the confidence people who take advantage of their paranoia. Spend fortunes on innocuous plant material shoved into gelatine capsules and sold for a premium. Believe obvious confidence persons over real medical experts.

Telling the truth is never wrong. I imagine you will be severely attacked by those who see you as a threat to their own con-games and income from it along with their victims.

I have one working for me now. He keeps himself broke buying expensive, worthless crap like a $3,000 water ionizer when he could not even cover his property taxes. The confindence person who sold him that forgot to tell him the ionization is gone by the time he tilts the glass to his lips, but he got his money and cheated him. I ended up paying them for him that year. He falls for everything. I expect soon to see his skin turn blue from that worthless, very expensive colloidal silver nonsense.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If I want to use fluoride to increase the strength of my teeth, it should be an option, not forced on everybody equally. There is research out there that shows many negative effects on fluoride, and if people want to choose to opt out of consuming it, they should be able to do so without spending $1.25 for a gallon of water.

reply to post by supermanning

So, anybody want to take any bets on how long until an inflammatory comment is made personally against Alex Jones without debunking any of the information presented in the article?

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You say this:

I've never been clear on what the big hubbub is about fluoride in the water

..... then provide a link to MSNBC.......LLLMMMMAAAAAOOOO!!!

That just about says it all.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

You say this:

I've never been clear on what the big hubbub is about fluoride in the water

..... then provide a link to MSNBC.......LLLMMMMAAAAAOOOO!!!

That just about says it all.....

That just about says nothing at all. SMH

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If the vulnerable suffer, then give them fluoride, topically like it's supposed to be given, and not through the water, and leave the NOT vulnerable to drink clean water.

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
All I can do is stare at the screen and shake my head in bewilderment.

That's the flouride speaking.

edit on 12-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

+56 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Fluoride is dangerous!

Material Safety Data Sheet Sodium fluoride MSD

Section 3: Hazards Identification

Potential Acute Health Effects:
Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant, corrosive), of ingestion, of inhalation. Slightly hazardous incase of skin contact (corrosive). Severe over-exposure can result in death

Potential Chronic Health Effects:
CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: A4 (Not classifiable for human or animal.) by ACGIH, 3 (Not classifiable for human.) by IARC.
MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Mutagenic for mammalian somatic cells. Mutagenic for bacteria and/or yeast. TERATOGENIC
EFFECTS: Not available. DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available. The substance may be toxic to kidneys, lungs,
the nervous system, heart, gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system, bones, teeth. Repeated or prolonged exposure
to the substance can produce target organs damage. Repeated exposure to a highly toxic material may produce general
deterioration of health by an accumulation in one or many human organs

Come on guys, get with it! I can't believe people are still defending the use of fluoride.

Sodium fluoride is a chemical byproduct. Calcium fluoride is not bad for you and occurs naturally in nature. Go ahead, take a guess which one they put in our water...

edit on 12-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: type fail

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Fluoride has been known to lower your IQ and have negative effects on the pineal gland. You just have to ask yourself if the dental benefits are worth it.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You don't want yellow teeth>?

BRUSH THEM. simple as that use topical
fluoride if you want!

NO ONE should be FORCED to ingest
anything.... Some people do not even KNOW
fluoride is in the water..

Even if it is harmless or does not do any harm
is beside the fact that if people want to use fluoride
they can do it on their OWN terms, not FORCED!!

This has nothing to do with ALEX JONES.

Alex Jones just uses it as a talking point
he did not come up with the research
or idea that fluoride is bad.

Forget Alex Jones this is a issue with
being FORCED to ingest something..
Like FORCING a vaccine..
Not right at all.
edit on 12-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
There has been fluoride in water for a lot longer than a few decades - remember that the reason it was cottoned onto in the first place is that some places around the world had better dental health than others..........and hte only relevant factor was determined to be NATURAL FLUORIDE IN WATER!

In hte USA attention was drwn to fluoride because of the "Colorado brown stain" phenomenum seen around Pikes Peak - we now know this as fluorosis. Despite the visibe staining and even cracking, children in the area had significantly fewer cavities than those elsewhere.

Subsequent studies of dental helath in fluoridated and non-fluoridated water supply areas have, AFAIK, universally found fluoridation to be a significant factor in improved health.

Oh, no you don't! I'm not letting you get away with this one, my little chicken friend! Don't make me post links!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They already put flouride in toothpaste, it makes little scence to add it to water, most of it goes down into your stomache and other organs. I think having it in toothpaste is good enough and if you don' want it then you can buy toothpaste with out it. I read that it is also in rat poison and rats have really good teeth.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is going to be a great thread!

Americans are to stupid to take care of themselves so the State needs to do it!

Part I like is they forgot, how did their ancestors survive without this forced medication and were able to reproduce,
so they would be able to defend, the state needs to take care of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join