It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe to destroy traditional family and sexual identity

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Definition parent : Wikipedia
(I believe that this definition should now have to be changed as well)
“A parent is a caretaker of the offspring in their own species. In humans, a parent is of a child (where "child" refers to offspring, not necessarily age). Children can have one or more parents, but they must have two biological parents. Biological parents consist of the male who sired the child and the female who gave birth to the child. In all human societies, the biological mother and father are both responsible for raising their young. However, some parents may not be biologically related to their children. An adoptive parent is one who nurtures and raises the offspring of the biological parents but is not actually biologically related to the child. Children without adoptive parents can be raised by their grandparents or other family members.”

So, now the definition for the term "parent" should need to be changed as well

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

that's #ing sorcery! black magic! i'm telling you.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB6699
“A parent is a caretaker of the offspring in their own species. In humans, a parent is of a child (where "child" refers to offspring, not necessarily age). Children can have one or more parents, but they must have two biological parents. Biological parents consist of the male who sired the child and the female who gave birth to the child. In all human societies, the biological mother and father are both responsible for raising their young. However, some parents may not be biologically related to their children. An adoptive parent is one who nurtures and raises the offspring of the biological parents but is not actually biologically related to the child. Children without adoptive parents can be raised by their grandparents or other family members.”

I don't mean to be a jerk, but using Wikipedia as a primary source for anything is ridiculous. It is a website whose articles are readily editable by anyone without regard for their level of expertise.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by voidla
Paper gets printed every day, I think it takes a second longer to delete Father/Mother and edit it to Parent 1/2, copy and paste and you're done.

Just so everyone knows, the word Parent is not going to REPLACE mother and Father. The word Parent will be ALONGSIDE Mother and/or Father.

The original link is a bit "slanted" (they lied) so have a look at the BBC link from this post

Just so you all know what you're arguing about.

well that in my opinion is fine then. it only bugs me when one section of society are considered more important than the other and others are forced into pandering to the others with no choice or say.

if it is alongside then all parties are catered for, i have no issue with that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We used to call my parents the "parental units" but it was because of the Coneheads.

edit on 2011/10/12 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by voidla
reply to post by OwenGP185

I wouldn't call it news either, but news doesn't mean what you see at 10PM every night, news can be your friend Mary telling you if you heard about the barker down the street finding a rat in the flour!

Ok fair enough, to be honest I feel like I can’t add much positive to this thread but on a more serious note. If there are same sex couples out there who just adopted a baby and there major worry is to have the title changed than I worry for them. I'm not a parent yet but I would have thought they could invest that time into more constructive activities like lobbying to make the streets safer, better education or worrying about bringing their child up to not worry about meaningless titles. If the dad can’t cope with these titles how will the sun cope with worse in school?

People can say how this supports equality but in reality it’s just making them feel a bit better insider at the expense of the rest. Like I said, how many of the supporters also agree that bathroom symbols should become unisex to accommodate for cross dress. Yeah it sounds silly I know same principle though.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB6699

I'm glad to report you won't have to lose any sleep, the official definition makes that very clear

a : one that begets or brings forth offspring
b : a person who brings up and cares for another

LINK

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

sorry i do not know what your talking about, i never said anything along the lines that you are saying, my post simply stated, that the term mother and farther should not be a problem for gay people, and then went on to point out everybody has a mother a farther regardless of the method gay couples use to raise children.

i was pointing out children will always have a mother and farther, therefore getting rid of it, is stupid.

however i have since learned they are not getting rid of it.

edit to add: i reread a few times and now understand your point, and agree.

i am obviously not in the right frame of mind today, thats two posts i misunderstood today, it's been stressful, i think it is a sign i need some sleep.
edit on 12-10-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by voidla

Oh, i just thought of the usual reference 'LGBT" ( Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transsexual). I just thought that Transsexuals were left out, someone had to stand up for them.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
why is it that we humans are the only ones that are confused when it comes to mating ??? i dont see male lions mating with other male lions or male birds mating with male birds or female reptiles with other female reptiles. God created things perfect PERFECT but we try to manipulate and change from his way.

Did you know that the atom is the simplest form of life ? whats in an atom you ask ? electrons and protons !
what is the scientific law behind these two charges ? LIKE CHARGES REPEL AND OPPOSITE CHARGES ATTRACT EACHOTHER. That my friends is how God created things to be from the simplest form of life.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Propulsion

you assume alot and accuse, i have nothing against gay people, i have an issue with a section of society forcing their view on others.

unbealivable the way you assume that from my post, it says alot.
I wasn't against you. I was agreeing with you! Sorry for the miscommunication...

oh i see, my mistake, sorry. this part threw me.........

Get over your gay insecurity issues and move on....

i thought you were refering to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Originally posted by grahag

Or maybe they could get rid of the term "marriage" and call them opposite-sex partners, and same-sex partners... That sounds much better.

Are you kidding me? No, it does not sound better. Why do people like yourself get your panties in a bunch over mere terms used to describe a certain union? It's pathetic to say the least.

In order to prevent discrimination, put yourself in the place of the person being discriminated against. If it feels unfair or unpleasant, it's probably discrimination.

I could never fathom finding the words 'mother', 'father', or 'marriage' unpleasant. How do you people even make it through the day? You're CONSTANTLY seeking things that to be offended by. You think everyone should make little changes here and there as to not make you feel 'unpleasant'. Grow a thicker skin, PLEASE. There's times when I'm glad that Western culture is dying out.

Like I said, just swap places with the person being discriminated against and it rears it's head. Your argument is actually making my point.

Seems like you're making the big deal here.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CB6699

You got it from Wikipedia which can be altered by the public?

Well done.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
So it's OK to discriminate NORMAL people in a NORMAL relationship in favour of homosexuals, by removing their heavily warranted Mother and Father tag and replacing it with "Parent 1" and "Parent 2"!

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but isn't it a MALE and a FEMALE who create a child, not two men or two women?

Forget changing the rule book, we shouldn't be allowing homosexual couples to harvest their disgusting habits onto the children of the future, a child should be raised by a mother and a father only.

As a proud new Father myself, I think it's completely out of order to be named the obvious "Parent 2" tag, because granted....most, if not all Mother's will jump at the "Parent 1" bragging rights.

Why should I have to sacrifice my well earned "Father" name tag just so that GAY couples don't get offended when they start to idiotically think they ever have a chance of adopting a child in the first place!?

Make's me sick to be British some times, it really does!

I know, I feel that same way about bigots... They make me so sick!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deanx

Definitely! Just, they're not a sexuality, they're a gender! Of sorts, I mean technically they're changing genders, but I suppose for technical terms they'd be classed as transgendered because they transitioned from one to another.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I believe you are right, definitions of words, that once were one thing, are now another.
The whole world is changing around us, so are words, rules, behaviors, thoughts, actions … and so on.

Don’t misunderstand me please, but being “reduced” from the definition mother/father to simply Parent1/Parent2 reflects on today’s society and I personally don’t like this.

This has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of a person, by the way, but simply the fact that by all this “political correctness”, rights are given to one group by taking away rights from other groups.

This only causes friction and bad blood.
There have got to be better solutions than that!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

There is a big assumption throughout this thread that same sex couples are concerned about this to the point where they have demanded it, and that has then been used to try and say their priorities are wrong. Except that is not the case, this is an administrative change that was decided internally in order to cater for diverse situations, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
3.8% of Americans are gay. I wonder WHO will be paying the majority of tax dollars to change all the paper work? And at what cost will that be?

Your "estimate" is a little low.

www.gallup.com...

In any case, this is not an ala carte tax system that we use in America. You don't get to decide what your taxes go to outside of your representation.

if that were the case, should I direct my money away from schools and parks because I don't have kids to use them?

Being in a civilized society means that you sometimes ending up paying for things that you may not use or may not agree with. If you don't like that, then change the laws or move to some country where you can be the dictator.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by joshuaislord

Then you are not looking very hard, it is common throughout nature, so that argument is as dead as a gay Dodo

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Yes yes, finally someone gets it. Bangs my head on the table. Thank you!

Star for you!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join