It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe to destroy traditional family and sexual identity

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Or maybe they could get rid of the term "marriage" and call them opposite-sex partners, and same-sex partners... That sounds much better.

Are you kidding me? No, it does not sound better. Why do people like yourself get your panties in a bunch over mere terms used to describe a certain union? It's pathetic to say the least.

In order to prevent discrimination, put yourself in the place of the person being discriminated against. If it feels unfair or unpleasant, it's probably discrimination.

I could never fathom finding the words 'mother', 'father', or 'marriage' unpleasant. How do you people even make it through the day? You're CONSTANTLY seeking things that to be offended by. You think everyone should make little changes here and there as to not make you feel 'unpleasant'. Grow a thicker skin, PLEASE. There's times when I'm glad that Western culture is dying out.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

You mean "caregiver" don't you? I don't even do that professionally, but I know the term. I didn't know "carer" was a word.

Maybe not in New Atlantis, but it is round these parts, whereas Ive never come across the term caregiver in all my life until you just used it. Im guessing we're from different countries

edit on 12-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by GringoViejo

Originally posted by Walkers
Not in my name. A marriage = one man and one woman. A relationship = one man and one woman. A family = one man and one woman + their children. I will never change my views, no matter how hard they try and force them down our throats.

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter.

It actually does. If you think otherwise, I'm afraid you've made a serious strategic mistake in the promotion of your fundamental values and that mistake will eat you.

No it doesn't. And mistakes can't digest, let alone eat me.

I'll concede this, his opinion may matter to him. But that's all. If its ignorant and obviously under educated, the opinion doesn't matter.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

If you think that the opinion of the majority, or even the opinion of a large minority, can be deemed unnecessary and ignored you are doomed to failure. That you don't realize this is surely the largest indicator of your eventual relegation to a historical footnote.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'll take parent 1 or 2.

I do not like your labels.

I know what you mean, they took me a long time to get used to, not particularly nice at all. sadly the nature of my work makes them necessary so that confusion is avoided.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So wait...you post something from 1920 and then simply claim that's happening today? Really??

Women’s work is becoming less useful to the community as a whole. It is becoming unproductive.

In the 1920s, people thought like that...not anymore, at least not in most parts in the US.

The individual household is dying. It is giving way in our society to collective housekeeping. Instead of the working woman cleaning her flat, the communist society can arrange for men and women whose job it is to go round in the morning cleaning rooms.

Wait, is the real reason you are against all this because you're afraid you'd have to clean your own room in the future instead of your wife???

Communism liberates worm from her domestic slavery and makes her life richer and happier.

As in...it allows women happier lives? THOSE BASTARDS!!!
(communism didn't achieve that by the way, so I'm not sure why you post this at all)

The state is responsible for the upbringing of children

How on earth is that the case today??? Last I checked it's parents (no pun intended) raising children...but who cares about facts, right?

Do you have any real stuff to support your claims, or is an article talking about communism in 1920 (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!) all you got?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So it's OK to discriminate NORMAL people in a NORMAL relationship in favour of homosexuals, by removing their heavily warranted Mother and Father tag and replacing it with "Parent 1" and "Parent 2"!

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but isn't it a MALE and a FEMALE who create a child, not two men or two women?

Forget changing the rule book, we shouldn't be allowing homosexual couples to harvest their disgusting habits onto the children of the future, a child should be raised by a mother and a father only.

As a proud new Father myself, I think it's completely out of order to be named the obvious "Parent 2" tag, because granted....most, if not all Mother's will jump at the "Parent 1" bragging rights.

Why should I have to sacrifice my well earned "Father" name tag just so that GAY couples don't get offended when they start to idiotically think they ever have a chance of adopting a child in the first place!?

Make's me sick to be British some times, it really does!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

The only reason that comes to my mind immediately is that they are trying to erase the traditional family unit. I think these gay people want the right to be able to raise their children up to be gay, in which case it seems like prejudice. I am sorry, if you cannot be comfortable with the fact that the child you raised may grow up to be heterosexual then maybe you shouldn't adopt them. Nature clearly dictates the natural order of man and woman by requiring egg and sperm from 2 different genders in order to make a child. This is nature, not nurture taking place. If nature intended 2 men or 2 women to be able to reproduce with eachother we would all be hermaphrodites with both genitalia designed to be fully functional parts.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

As a proud new Father myself, I think it's completely out of order to be named the obvious "Parent 2" tag, because granted....most, if not all Mother's will jump at the "Parent 1" bragging rights.

Why should I have to sacrifice my well earned "Father" name tag just so that GAY couples don't get offended when they start to idiotically think they ever have a chance of adopting a child in the first place!?

Pissed at not being no1 vs your wife much?
And what do you mean by gays spreading their stuff? It's not as if they run around spraying some weird gay fairy dust on people to make them gay

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I really dont see the big issue with this.
At home, heterosexual couples will still teach their children to call them mum or dad and gay couples also, I cant see a gay couple making their child call them parent 1 and parent 2.
But for documents and that, I dont see the problem.
Although, people getting upset cos of mum and dad is just stupid also.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Just Chris

Pissed at not being no1 vs your wife much?
And what do you mean by gays spreading their stuff? It's not as if they run around spraying some weird gay fairy dust on people to make them gay

Women tend to fill out the forms.

You probably don't want to complain too much. As they get older you cannot imagine how damn many forms you have to fill out. She puts her name in the first slot, but then she's probably also going to be filling out the kabillion or so forms. Weigh your options carefully.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
this is utterly ridiculous and you wonder why we fled from there its because of this nonsense hey a mother and a father make up the parents one of those things is not like the other for a reason.

cant stand political correctness making a one size fits all that fits none when a government seeks to dehumanize a label as innocent as mother and father because they deem it offensive to others thats ridiculous.

talk about orwellian this is poster 2342323455435454 leaving the thread cause neo might be offensive to other people for crying outloud.

give it time and the idiocy will spread here to america.
edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
So it's OK to discriminate NORMAL people in a NORMAL relationship in favour of homosexuals, by removing their heavily warranted Mother and Father tag and replacing it with "Parent 1" and "Parent 2"!

Well, it would be wrong yes, which is why THATS NOT HAPPENING.

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but isn't it a MALE and a FEMALE who create a child, not two men or two women?

Yes, but it is not always the same combination that ends up caring for and raising the child, for a myriad of reasons.

Forget changing the rule book, we shouldn't be allowing homosexual couples to harvest their disgusting habits onto the children of the future, a child should be raised by a mother and a father only.

The pure ignorance in that statement is remarkable, tell me, how do straight parents harvest disgusting gay habits to their children to make them gay? Does that question make your head hurt?

Make's me sick to be British some times, it really does!

Er, you havent understood what this is about at all, have you. Ooops, Dont worry, this thread is proof that you are not the only knuckle dragger who cant understand a simple administrative choice.

And to all the people that gave you a star for your post I can think of only one suitable reply, BAAA!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I learned in school (20+ years ago) that the family is the cornerstone of society.
Ordo ab Chao.

And I suppose "It takes a village to raise a child" should be that family, yes?
Because it does, it takes so much more than 2 or 1 persons to raise a child, it takes friends, strangers, people they see across the street, so much more than 1 or 2 parents.

This news is biased but clear. The terms will be used on official forms within government offices like the Passport office/schools etc, when signing something for a child it will ask for the signature of Parent 1 and Parent 2, I'm guessing this will also go for birth certificates where it's now legal for 2 lesbian partners to not HAVE to put the male's donor name down.

In families where the child has 2 dads/mothers or 1 father and mother, the child will either call mom/dad when they want attention, that or refer to the elder by their first name.

I think people need to take this news with a pinch of salt and remember it probably won't affect you, and your child won't be forced in to call you parent 1 or 2 if this does affect you.

edit on 12-10-2011 by voidla because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Blessed be all,
Here in the Netherlands we already have forms that are formatted in this way with tick boxes with titles for each parent, which I find a decent way to fill out the form!
I am not appalled or offended by it, I find it proof of the fact that the government has moved into the next century and recognizes that couples can comprise of same/ opposite sexes!!
I am glad that the UK has moved forward also!

Namasté
At what C$$T
edit on 12-10-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by neo96

give it time and the idiocy will spread here to america.
edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

America did this first, but you obviously missed your chance to rant about it then

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I thought of another great idea, why not change the symbols on bathroom doors to a unisex style of clothing so we do not leave out cross dressers. I was going to say replace with a simple male and female typeface but then females will get an extra two letter which is just as unfair. Ladies and Gentleman we have a problem on our hands.

Or should I say 0 and 1. Hmmm this is tricky to make fair, maybe this is not a very logical way of thinking.

Just some light hearted thoughts on why this is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
3.8% of Americans are gay. I wonder WHO will be paying the majority of tax dollars to change all the paper work? And at what cost will that be?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Bravo Britain!. I don't get why people are so upset about this. The way i see it, Britain took a step closer to social equality and human rights.
I also think they should use "Offspring 1, 2, 3 etc." instead of using "son" or "daughter", After all, we need to be sensible about the little children whom never figured out their sexuality yet.
I mean, COME ON! it's a violation of human rights to determine the sex of newly born just by looking at their genitals, How do you know he or she wouldn't grow up and decide to chop off his reproductive organ or grow a new one? That is so inconsiderate and politically incorrect!! not mention dictatorial. Who are they to decide Male or Female just because they came into this world with a particular sex organ they haven't signed up for?
I personally think newly born should be enlisted like this:

Offspring # : Name
Parent 1: Name
Parent 2: Name
Sex: Undecided

A one step towards social equality, one giant leap towards a better life.

P.S: I also think they should use Numbers to identify humans instead of names ( like a tattoo on the forehead or the back of the neck) But i don't think humanity is ready for that kind of Freedom.
edit on 12-10-2011 by deanx because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Guessing you didn't actually read the news then?
The terms will be used on official documentation, parents won't be forced to be called Parent 1 and Parent 2 by their children.

link   

Originally posted by Walkers
Not in my name. A marriage = one man and one woman. A relationship = one man and one woman. A family = one man and one woman + their children. I will never change my views, no matter how hard they try and force them down our throats.

I totally agree with you Walkers. I will never recognize this same sex stuff as legitimate. It's wrong, destructive and abhorrent. That's not my religious beliefs either, it's just common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join