It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

same here, no ads

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Mayor is going to try to talk some sense into this bunch.

So, this is a small victory for the protesters... A huge victory (politically) for the Mayor if he can bring this to an end without violence or arrests.

It's amazing watching how this movement is being exploited politically... You can almost see the local headlines coming from this.

Likely the Mayor has ordered the police back for now... He sees the opportunity,

link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I agree

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well he is the mayor. For all we know he could come down there and give the same spiel that all these other politicians are giving. Something like this, "Protestors, I commend your valiant efforts to stad up for what you believe in I've made it so there is no official closing time for this park now, so stay out here and freeze your butts off while I go home and sleep in my huge bed."

link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
reply to post by watcher3339

Well that makes feel even more remorse towards these dumb "Movements". If these people can't even get they're priorities straight then what chance do they have of even making some kind of difference to this country. They need clear and precise demands so that people know what they're doing this for. Sorry for jumping down your throat about the illegal immigration thing, didn't hear one of those protestors mention the issue so I guess it's fair game now on this thread, so please exercise your first amendment.
Also, lighten up the terrible grammar was supposed to be reference to South Park, and clearly it was a terrible one. So, you don't think immigrants should enter this country legally, so we're all given an equal chance at succeeding in this country? To the question about the cops, I don't know them but I would imagine if they're anything like the cops I've encountered in Chicago and the city that I live in, then the majority of them probably have the terrible mentality that I've witnessed time and time again out here. Just my two cents.

South Park. Okay, cool. No problem. I am ALL in favor of legal immigration. It is legal immigrants who end up suffering most of the social stigma and backlash brought on by those who come here illegally and that just seems unfair to people who did the right thing.
On cops, I know some are power hungry little dictators. But others are just decent folks who are willing to risk their lives to protect our society. I appreciate them for that. Most of the cops in my neck of the woods are decent people. I can understand that different life experiences would lead to different gut feelings.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Okay, it's the middle of the night. I could have crossed Atlanta from the south end of the loop to the north, twice by now. The Mayor is traveling how? Horseback? I wonder if he isn't sitting a couple blocks behind the barricades listening to this before he comes in....if he still does.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

HA KNEW IT!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

So, you don't think immigrants should enter this country legally, so we're all given an equal chance at succeeding in this country?

in your own words.

Keep immigration policies out of this bullsh1t thread please.

no offense, but I'm more interested in what these folks are saying and whether the cops will move in.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Doesn't look like anything will happen now.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Good for the Mayor!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Has the mayor allowing them to stay been confirmed yet? or is it rumor.. I must have missed it with the last corporate ad I had to suffer through

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
you know, after the mayor comes and tells them to leave, and they dont, the cops will move in and clear em out

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Point taken on the backlash that legal immigrants get when entering this country the right way. I feel as though you probably already made that point and I some how skimmed over it, because that does make my entire argument moot. Meh, cops are a mixed bunch out here, and it seems like the majority are as crooked as politicians. I have met some nice ones though. You do have to admit though, Riot officers showing up to something like this mean business and regardless of if they're nice or not they're ordered to detain and neutralize any opposing force they might come across.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Okay, I have been up past by bedtime keeping tabs on this and I have work way early in the moring. Please continue keeping tabs on this ATS. I trust you guys for your reports (even when we don't agree on what it means or what should be done about it) more than any cable news head.
'night!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The speaker who said the Mayor would allow them to stay cited "AJC" as the source. I take that to be the Atlanta Journal Constitution. However, I see nothing on their site. I would think they would be rushed to post that.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah I overshot on the first point. Second point is moot too because this is about what's happening in this city now. All though immigration was brought up by one of the protesters.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

He is going to have a dialog with them... As long as the mayor can get political gain from this, in the news media, it's all good for now.

Remember to vote for me!

Mayor Brings Standoff To Peaceful End Without Arrests Or Violence

Front page baby.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

CAN YOU SMELL THE PROMOTION?!?!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Sounds like a plan.. these folks seem harmless, and there really isn't that many.. what's the harm in letting them stay there overnight..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
These idiots really think that they have the power to make demands?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join