It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Sounds like a plan.. these folks seem harmless, and there really isn't that many.. what's the harm in letting them stay there overnight..

I guess the only harm is when the next group of protesters want to stay.

But if I were mayor, I would let them. Hell, I would even buy them a coke.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Works for me... But those who want to cause violence are lurking, and will not relent, they are determined to get something started somewhere... Atlanta... Anywhere.

The arrests were what the instigators wanted... That would have been bad press for the city, and for the mayor, no matter how it went.

Still, not sure which way this will go ultimately... But as long as it's peaceful, they have all the time in the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
They really don't realize the Mayor is hearing the same thing and probably in better audio than we are? They keep talking like he is on his way (Wow...He must be coming from Macon or something...tick tock) when I'll bet a small but fair % of the crowd are carrying badges in their back pockets. At least one is feeding audio/video back out to a mobile command center. They might as well talk as if directly to him, because they are IMO.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hey, it would give them time to decide what their demands are.. it's not looking good as far as focus right now..

They have many goals.. but no goals were mentioned..

they are working on it right now but it's not looking good IMO..

I see a bunch of upset folks, folks upset for their own reasons, gathered together because they feel like they have no voice.

As long as they remain peaceful, it could go somewhere, left to their own forum, they just might come up with some goals and focus.. as long as they recognize instigators as they rear their ugly head..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Place your bets. I say the mayor caves and no one gets hurt.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
when this movement turns on the police, I will join in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

That is all.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I don't think that it is in their list of demands

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I don't think that it is in their list of demands

their list of demands is soft.

I'm from Detroit, they send our tax money all over the world.... FIX MY CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those that support them, (cops) are just as guilty.....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the 'people's mic' seem to get technical problems when it doesn't agree with the speaker? The lady who just gave some P.R. objections to renaming the park after Troy Davis isn't the first one, but she sure had some technical difficulties the longer she spoke into that "mic". Just an observation.

I'd also note that Georgia *JUST* executed this man as a convicted cop killer. Perhaps he didn't do it. My opinion isn't relevant either way. What is relevant is that asking any Government in Georgia to rename a city park like this is absolutely untenable. Demands really need to be realistic, and this is just fantasy for purely political reasons if NOTHING else.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: rephrase

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Have you elected a mayor that will help the city?

The last one that I remember is serving time for robbing the folks for his own needs?

yeah, that kinda stuff in problem numeral uno, still, if the government was serious enough, it could be done. not just detroit, the whole country needs infrastructure which the two bailouts promised.. where is it?????????

EDIT:this live feed is really silly. C'MON PEOPLE!!!!!!! tptb are just gonna wait out your little hippy sit-in like ALWAYS, and then continue business as usual. hell half of these kids are giggling like crazy, NO THREAT TO TPTB!!!!!

swallow your pride, declare america an enemy, and apologize to the folks on the right and in the middle and then hope you can bring them back. they were asking for the same stuff and we all made fun of them. we CANNOT do this alone.
edit on 11-10-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

We are straying a bit off topic (apologies to the OP),

who knows if these folks can fix your city, I don't know, but one thing I do see is hope that with all the upset folks across the land, that we can toss out the lifers in Congress and replace them with honest representatives who will look out for folks like you and I..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
finally able to post. glad to see everyone found their way to the live stream, I didn't think to provide that link before hand.

A few things to address:

1) why are we as a group being referred to as idiots because we are exercising our right to make demands of the mayor?

2) the instigators there were 3 latino teenagers and they were asked to leave by (ironically) the eminem look alike whose name is Tim. He is actually one of the organizers. The bearded guy with the pipe is also an organizer.

3) that pipe, has 50 sets of prints on it because it is ONLY used for noise making.

4) we have backpacks because some are there indefinitely, some have cameras and computers, and many are students.

5) the announcement that the mayor was coming came from our direct contact with the mayors office.

6) when the police were no longer on the block, they had went back to the "processing area" and eventually disbanded.

7) the corporate guy was an exec with the parks & rec board and he was telling us that "the park is closed" and then he was muted again.

8) 2 people were there with bandanas over their faces and were asked to remove them or leave. the people who organized and want to maintain this movement do their best to keep it peaceful and avoid violence in anyway.

I got madddd video footage from a slightly better perspective than our live streamer, and quite a few photos as well.

I will go through all of it and post it up by morning hopefully. I'm mad tired, and have no voice. lol

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Good deal...

My posts were from directly watching the live stream, and organizer or not, I saw those two as instigators.. your mileage may very, it's only my opinion.

Kudos to you for taking part and I look forward to seeing what you have collected there in ATL..

Stay safe, and urge others to do the same.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Mic check

Who gives a crap what the park's name is. Your bothers in Boston are getting chewed up.

link

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
www.livestream.com...

Boston Police are gearing up to assault the protestors there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here ya go give away Atlanta take back Boston how clever.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

If the Police really did disband and split for the night, congrats. You folks really have accomplished something, however small it was. They made solid threats and statements but backed down for whatever reason. I'm very glad to hear your group self policed the apparent trouble makers. I wonder if that had something to do with the cops deciding or being ordered to fall back? It had looked by the streamer there that the police were right on the go line for moving in.

Anyway....

'grats to all down there, and here is hoping it remains quiet and peaceful for all involved....if not? Here is hoping you DID get all the instigators (That word does fit better)...and didn't miss one. God Bless and have a good night Atlanta.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

Bound to happen somewhere, sooner or later. Some authority somewhere will decide that they will be the ones to take a stand against this "movement"

I hope police in these locations take time to fully assess all anonymous tips etc.... There really are people behind the scenes who want to "kick off violence" with the police... These peaceful protesters will be made martyrs... If they have their way.

Don't give it to them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join