It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realistic Survival Game: Scenario 1: Economic Collapse.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Premise: Could ATS members actually form a post SHTF (virtual) community? Could we get beside our differences, and create a post civilized world? Would we band together or fall apart? Could we do this?

Background Story: The date is April 15th, the year 2012. The NasDaq takes a plunge, and allows the world's economies follow suit. Looting occurs in the major cities, and Obama declares Martial Law across the USA. You have your bug out bag ready, and now is the time to move. You grab your bugout stuff, and decide to move. But where?

This is a hypothetical game, but I'm establishing a few rules:

On-Topic Posts: Keep all responses to this thread as an inflection of the game. Stay in your role. You must take on the role of your Survivalist persona, the supplies you have to share, etc. Off-topic posts are discouraged.

Pics (or it didn't happen): You must post pics of the supplies you have. Any Survivalist knows to only share a portion of your goods, and you can have a hidden stash of goods. Play crafty, what supplies you have are what you want to share. Each player in this game get's 1 (one) outrageous stash. An outrageous stash would be something like an RPG, with four shells. Or a stash of 100 gallons of water.

ATS transponders: ATS mailed out a bunch (thousands) of transponders right before TSHTF. ATS transponders allow every member of ATS to communicate easily, regardless of their own internet connection. The ATS provided transponders allow all members of ATS to communicate equally, regardless of location.

Can you establish Camps? As members of ATS, could you keep a geographically induced camp, and get it to thrive?

A camp radius is five hundred miles. I'd like to see which camps grow biggest. There's logistics to handle, which is the whole point. Do you have enough water to give your camp?

Do you have enough food? It's down to trading.

Here are my initial supplies I have:

4 full gas cans of these:

5 gallons x 4 = 20 gallons of gas. My four by four gets 15 mpg, so I can travel 300 miles. I gotta pic a spot close.

5 cases of these:

48 packs per case, times 5= 240 meals.

and, 5 cases of these:

There are 4 gallons in a case. I have 20 gallons of fresh water. I need to find a creek.

We are dealing with realism here.

Where should we form a camp? I'm in NE Ohio, so place it within 500 miles, and we can establish it. I expect other people to report their camps as well.

ATS transponder: "Over and out."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Ok, I'm sorry to slightly derail the thread for a rant, but you just pushed one of my buttons and I gotta say....

You can either be 'Over' or 'Out'. They mean different non-complimentary things and are NEVER used together!

'Over' means "I am done talking and I expect an answer"

'Out' means "I am done talking and I do NOT expect an answer"

Only one party says 'Out', and if you still want to talk after that, you will need to start a new conversation...

Again, sorry to derail, but grrrr.......

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So what do you want me to do in this thread?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'll meet you in the Appalachian mountains, somewhere in WV. Leave your food and water, we'll have more than enough once we get there.
Just bring any means to purify water that you have, your gun, your bullets, your bow (especially need that!), and your knife.

I've got a cabin that sleeps 32, my Dad will be waiting. If you're trustworthy you're welcome to join us. I'll teach you how to live on wild game, berries, and pretty much anything you can get your hands around. I even know where a sustainable supply of yellow morels grow wild. Forest covered mountains for days, we can hold out there as long as we need to.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the cabin. Never thought I would want a picture of a hunting cabin.

p.s. Bring your gas, it will keep the ATVs going a bit longer, but we'll need to do without those eventually. Bring a mountain bike if you have one.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If TS were to H TF, then I would pretty much drive north to scotland and try to hitch a ride to Canada...
When I arrive in Canada I would roam around trying to find shelter.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hmmm. Those pics look deceiving

They could all be empty packets and jugs.

Not sure what I would bring or contribute.

Can I be the one who runs around screaming, "We're all doomed, doooomed, I tell yer!" ?

Actually on a really serious note, I'd be screwed.

I can't even light a ciggie without a lighter or a zippo I think you call them.
I tried being survivalist and lit one from the toaster, burnt my lips.
edit on 9-10-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Our camp is in SE Texas. We have about 20 of us that have discussed and laid out rules of the camp and chain of command. We created our list based on skills that can be offered to the group. All extremely well armed. We have a well for water ( I know - electricity). We have a gas generator that the well can be hooked to when water is needed. We have about 2 acres here but live in a semi rural area and have discussed with friends within a 20 mile radius so that we can trade with and help each other. We have medically trained people included.

Our property is easily defended with proper visibility of incoming threats. I also have a redneck house alarm (dogs).

I've been studying natural medicine and home remedies. We have motorcycles that get 30 MPG so we can move between the groups as needed, although not very quietly. I have a trike so it also has carrying capacity. Most in the group of 20 can hunt/fish/preserve food.

Still have to stock up on gas though. This is our weak point right now. No bug out bag - intend to stay put for as long as possible.

Sorry I don't know how to do pictures.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Druid42

I'll meet you in the Appalachian mountains, somewhere in WV. Leave your food and water, we'll have more than enough once we get there.
Just bring any means to purify water that you have, your gun, your bullets, your bow (especially need that!), and your knife.

I've got a cabin that sleeps 32, my Dad will be waiting. If you're trustworthy you're welcome to join us. I'll teach you how to live on wild game, berries, and pretty much anything you can get your hands around. I even know where a sustainable supply of yellow morels grow wild. Forest covered mountains for days, we can hold out there as long as we need to.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the cabin. Never thought I would want a picture of a hunting cabin.

p.s. Bring your gas, it will keep the ATVs going a bit longer, but we'll need to do without those eventually. Bring a mountain bike if you have one.

I can make it to the Appalachians. You wanna form the first camp there?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Druid42

Wow a cabin that sleeps 32!

Sounds like a great place you've got there.

How far is it away from a populated area?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
Our camp is in SE Texas. We have about 20 of us that have discussed and laid out rules of the camp and chain of command. We created our list based on skills that can be offered to the group. All extremely well armed. We have a well for water ( I know - electricity). We have a gas generator that the well can be hooked to when water is needed. We have about 2 acres here but live in a semi rural area and have discussed with friends within a 20 mile radius so that we can trade with and help each other. We have medically trained people included.

Our property is easily defended with proper visibility of incoming threats. I also have a redneck house alarm (dogs).

I've been studying natural medicine and home remedies. We have motorcycles that get 30 MPG so we can move between the groups as needed, although not very quietly. I have a trike so it also has carrying capacity. Most in the group of 20 can hunt/fish/preserve food.

Still have to stock up on gas though. This is our weak point right now. No bug out bag - intend to stay put for as long as possible.

Sorry I don't know how to do pictures.

Over the ATS transponder: "There is a small camp in SE Texas, if you are within a 500 mile radius, please use your transponder to contact them."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Follow along, you'll get the theme....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Sorry to break it to ya, but here in Canada we're expecting the SHTF scenario as well.
Not much to eat up in the forests outta count people tend to scavenge every single edible
plant there is, so you'd end up with nothing to eat, unless of course you don't mind
living off of fish during winter while raiding farmlands during summer for vegetables and crops.
Unfortunately, unless you buy a tent, a water purifier, a magnifying glass (for starting fires),
a crossbow (or bow), a knife, fishing gear, and most importantly, REAL SEEDS,
you won't tough it out,unless your survivalist plan is to rob people of course,
but that don't end well in the long run. having a few chickens would be a blessing
since they eat insects, and there's over 15 varieties of evil flies up north that
are just deyin' to feast on your flesh. A cat to keep rodents away,
and a dog to keep wildlife away, but then again, they say dogs attract bears, add a
12 gauge somewhere on that list.

Monsanto really messed things up for us didn't it? Can't even steal a few seeds from
farmlands and grow our own food stuffs in forests anymore cause they're all terminator seeds
and don't grow back. Nice eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sure, why not. Beware rednecks with guns. Identify yourself when you come in.

reply to post by JonoEnglish

Real population? Is about a 3 hour drive. A small town is about 30 minutes away.

It's used during hunting season in the winter normally. About 20 or so guys live there for a few months, if they're not local. It has a nice fireplace, a wood stove at the other end, 10 bunks in four rooms, running water from a nearby spring, a nice deck, a place right outside to, not sure the word for it, make sure your gun is shooting straight.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

It would be nice to find somewhere that remote here in the UK. A three to four hour drive from here in the North West of England and I'd be in London.
If a SHTF situation hit here, we'd be well and truly @&^£$.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Continue to transmit your location on transponder.
We are the perimiter quide group and will receive your transmission but will not respond until we are ready to meet you and help you find you way.

DO NOT RESPOND to any other person but the first contact you made.

Beware of traps by other groups.
You must have the proper password that will be given to you by first response.

Awaiting your arrival.
Have all supplies with you at all times.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
reply to post by Jepic

Sorry to break it to ya, but here in Canada we're expecting the SHTF scenario as well.
Not much to eat up in the forests outta count people tend to scavenge every single edible
plant there is, so you'd end up with nothing to eat, unless of course you don't mind
living off of fish during winter while raiding farmlands during summer for vegetables and crops.
Unfortunately, unless you buy a tent, a water purifier, a magnifying glass (for starting fires),
a crossbow (or bow), a knife, fishing gear, and most importantly, REAL SEEDS,
you won't tough it out,unless your survivalist plan is to rob people of course,
but that don't end well in the long run. having a few chickens would be a blessing
since they eat insects, and there's over 15 varieties of evil flies up north that
are just deyin' to feast on your flesh. A cat to keep rodents away,
and a dog to keep wildlife away, but then again, they say dogs attract bears, add a
12 gauge somewhere on that list.

Monsanto really messed things up for us didn't it? Can't even steal a few seeds from
farmlands and grow our own food stuffs in forests anymore cause they're all terminator seeds
and don't grow back. Nice eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Off topic: Ok, you have the theme down.

On topic: Standing by for ATS members to transmit coordinates. The SHTF, and we need all ATS members to respond.

ATS Transponder: "We have established Base One in the Appalachians. Camp co-coordinator is Thestargateisreal. She will be accepting incoming refugees. Her rules apply for refugees, so please follow her camp's directives. Ask if you have questions. Broadcast out."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Says over ATS transponder: Calling all friendly ATS members, small camp in the Appalachian mountains offering food and shelter to anyone that can contribute to providing food and shelter. Bring meaningful supplies, like gasoline, flour, any agricultural supplies or skills you have. a means to purify water, and any weapon or vehicle that doesn't require manufactured goods to operate. Over!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

We would be bugging in. Being in the next state over, Kentucky. We have about 30 gallons of water on hand. We live close to a large lake for water and fishing as well as a river for setting lines and bank poles. Living on the edge of Daniel Boone National Forest, hunting for game is right out the back door. With my reloading supplies here, could last some time before all ammo would run out.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by Druid42

Ok, I'm sorry to slightly derail the thread for a rant, but you just pushed one of my buttons and I gotta say....

You can either be 'Over' or 'Out'. They mean different non-complimentary things and are NEVER used together!

'Over' means "I am done talking and I expect an answer"

'Out' means "I am done talking and I do NOT expect an answer"

Only one party says 'Out', and if you still want to talk after that, you will need to start a new conversation...

Again, sorry to derail, but grrrr.......

ATS transponder: "Please follow this protocol when communicating over the ATS transponders. Communication protocols are being established for the remnants of society. We need to get organized. Druid42 Out."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join