It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realistic Survival Game: Scenario 1: Economic Collapse.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

ATS transponder: "Roger, Thestargateisreal, I am en route. ETA is 2 days, as I have to back track to avoid zombies. I'd rather get there in one piece, than quickly. Over."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

ATS transponder: "Roger, Thestargateisreal, I am en route. ETA is 2 days, as I have to back track to avoid zombies. I'd rather get there in one piece, than quickly. Over."
ATS transponder "depending on your route, You could lay over here. 60 miles from WV line, three routes available into and out here, Out

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oldshooter1979

ATS transponder: "I'll swing by your location, oldshoot, if you wanna bug in with us. I'll be looking for refugees along the way. Over."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Cool, I'ma play the part of the trillionaire who gave up his fortune for security and comfort.
I bought a dozen missile silos in Nevada and have rebuilt them into apartments, recreation areas, hydroponic gardens, Etc. heck I even built a mall and stocked it.
I will also need employees to run the mall, they will work for rent food and everyday luxuries I suppose.
I have also bought a fleet of helicopters and 10 billion gallons of fuel.
I have sent my invite to all before the collapse as we all know it's inevitable.
Your chopper is on the way to scoop you up, all you need do is board.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I was thinking a similar thing, get to Scotland being the priority, getting to Canada the second, but after radekus' advice that doesnt seem like such a good idea anymore

Where are you in England?

Im in the Cotswold Valleys area.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
UPDATE:
My underground complex is capable of handling 500 souls for 10 years easy.
ADD:
You have just received word via the radio, web or helo pilot that I have perished along with charlie sheen in a wonderful hooker/alcohol/drug mishap.
The pilots are given instructions to pickup ATS members and their immediate families.
There is no leader no as I playboy trillionaire G146541 has perished.
You now must manage the facility.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Jepic

I was thinking a similar thing, get to Scotland being the priority, getting to Canada the second, but after radekus' advice that doesnt seem like such a good idea anymore

Where are you in England?

Im in the Cotswold Valleys area.

I'm in London. Maybe we ere thinking the same thing because this island as great as it may have been will not offer much space to survive.

Might I ask what would bring you to scotland? Relatives? Or just easier access to Canada?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

reply to post by oldshooter1979

ATS transponder: "I'll swing by your location, oldshoot, if you wanna bug in with us. I'll be looking for refugees along the way. Over."

ATS transponder:
"We plan to bug in here. We are close enough to WV to be a lay over, or a second site if needed. Over"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
UPDATE:
My underground complex is capable of handling 500 souls for 10 years easy.
ADD:
You have just received word via the radio, web or helo pilot that I have perished along with charlie sheen in a wonderful hooker/alcohol/drug mishap.
The pilots are given instructions to pickup ATS members and their immediate families.
There is no leader no as I playboy trillionaire G146541 has perished.
You now must manage the facility.

I've named your facility a high-value target and called a bunker busting tomahawk strike from the USS Spruance.

Missile is incoming and should arrive in 1 hour. Evacuation is recommended.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Yeah we are a bit tight for space, I suppose the Midlands would be best if you cant get to Scotland, lots of Woodland etc.

A bit of both, if Canada became unrealistic I have family that live in a castle in Scotland (woops, giving away my identity there). Seems like a much better option come to think of it. Any renegades or desperates would have a hard time raiding a Castle, and would be a great place to wait out TSHTF. I believe they have Freemason Connections as well, My great great great etc Grandad was the first Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland back in 1736 so I imagine they would be well informed. I should get in contact with them come to think of it, and investigate how closely related I am.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

you dont have to imagine... look back at the early 1990's
Just look at the Paradoxes of Transition (economic, political and legal aspects): after the fall of the USSR....
Almost over night these countries got turned upside down, cast adrift... total economic collapse, their old system of obtaining goods a services gone... their old money worthless... food distribution disrupted...Times were very hard for them in the 1990's... they didn't just roll over like a dead cockroach and die... today things are better... but they have lived through a total and complete governmental collapse... look at them for inspiration and ideas of what to expect how how to over come...

Poland
Hungary
Czechoslovakia
Russia
Yugoslavia

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I ain't goin nowhere!
Me and chuck are sittin poolside sippin ambrosia laced with some tigers blood and checkin out the hotties.
Everyone here in heaven is healthy and Hawt!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

ATS Transponder: Don't forget the base in SE Texas. We can be a layover for those coming from the west. We'll leave the light on for you.

TXtriker out.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

ATS transponder: "Thanks for the layover point. Will broadcast in the list of layovers when we get them summarized. The East Coast is forming a camp in the Appalachians, get a fix on Stargate's transponder, to refer friends and get info. There is a layover in KY, contact oldshoot's transponder for coordinates and info. I am mobile right now, about 6 hours out from oldshoot, so will update then. I had a hard time crossing through Cincy, zombies blocking all the major intersections, and I went round the outerbelt, and still had to shoot my way through. I lost time, and I see a pattern forming for every major city. It was not fun getting through there. Over."

"I'm concerned about no responses from the West Coast. I fear they may have been over run by zombies. That's speculation, but I've seen the Cincy swarm firsthand. It's ugly. TXTrike, have you gotten any responses from your transponder further West? Over."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anyone who gets on a highway after a significant event creates grid lock, a second event to the first event.
Where in America could you bug out to? The people in the country have gun arsenals and have had them for hundreds of years, and they don't want outsiders on their property. If you have seen National Geographics What Happens After an Apocalypse, they picked a pandemic, is that if you starve and have to eat bugs you might as well do it at home. People will die of minor injuries from trecking around with no antibiotics, or antibiotic ointment.
Get a tenus shot boster, buy seeds, store water and gasoline. Read up on how to dig up your grass and garden on your own property. Plant fruit trees and build a cold frame. It will be the idiots who die and panic, and the smart people who hold down society and rebuild. Work on your neighbor relationships.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Where is your location? We have a camp in WV, and a few layover spots. It's best if you keep to your ATS transponder, as it's an isolated channel to ONLY ATS members.

Are you from out West? We haven't heard any reports from them yet.....Closest has been Texas. I am en-route to a layover in KY, headed to a camp in WV.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by TXTriker

ATS transponder: "Thanks for the layover point. Will broadcast in the list of layovers when we get them summarized. The East Coast is forming a camp in the Appalachians, get a fix on Stargate's transponder, to refer friends and get info. There is a layover in KY, contact oldshoot's transponder for coordinates and info. I am mobile right now, about 6 hours out from oldshoot, so will update then. I had a hard time crossing through Cincy, zombies blocking all the major intersections, and I went round the outerbelt, and still had to shoot my way through. I lost time, and I see a pattern forming for every major city. It was not fun getting through there. Over."

"I'm concerned about no responses from the West Coast. I fear they may have been over run by zombies. That's speculation, but I've seen the Cincy swarm firsthand. It's ugly. TXTrike, have you gotten any responses from your transponder further West? Over."

ATS transponder: " Have set up layover site half way between Lexington Ky and Huntington WV. Main route I-64 maybe blocked, 2nd route US60 or 460 sould be passable. It would add 4-6 hours on travel time" Out

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Looks at the zombies body, though he would usually leave the dead be, He hears a voice coming from one of the zombie's pockets. Carefully reaching in and grabbing the Radio(walkie) He announces himself. Hello whoever you been looking for is now dead. But it's good to hear another voice.. I am currently heading up towards Lodgepole a small town up in the Sequoia National Park. Figure the population wasn't more then 200 prior to the Event. Hopefully they are not all dead. If Anyone else is in the California Area or on the other side in Nevada. Feel free to head that way. I am no Ones leader but I can hunt and trap and would love the company. I am a jack of the trades, Carpentry plumbing electricity.. If it is wood I can build it. Have some military background and was raised by a Texan. The smaller towns I have went through seem half dead half dying.. So if anyone out there can make it avoid the bigger cities...

With that turns down the radio and clips it to his shoulder pack. Calling his dogs to him and wiping the arrow on the dead mans shirt he gets his baring and prepares to pass through Another small town( woodlake ) on his way to lodgepole. Looting at night sucks But its best way to remain undetected by others..

Not big on pics, Don't have allot to showoff. Got my bow and an arsenal of blades. Food enough to make the trip to lodge pole. Fishing gear and clothes. I like to take my time so I don't miss anything. I have Heritage seeds for the more common valley plants ( tomato's and peppers mainly ) Not sure how well they will grow in the colder climate but can build some heating pipes in an old building to grow. Hunting and trapping shouldn't be much of a problem. As Lodgepole is a small established community preEvent. Buildings and supplies shouldn't be to much of a problem.Where my skills may not get me into a community if it is tight. My pups can charm them to at least get them to trade with me..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Therian, you have your own ATS transponder from being a member of ATS. They were mailed to every member just before TSHTF. Please check for a package in your mail, I'm sure it's there.

ATS transponder: "We have a faint contact from west Nevada, east CA area. Lone survivor it appears so far. Therian, please stand by while other ATS members report in. Hang in there. Out."

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sorry to say, but noodle soup lacks proteins. So you will become very weak in short time.
Buy some cans of lyophilisated proteins. You can buy these in bodybuilding shops.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join