It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I can't believe I got sucked into watching a political commercial. I wouldn't knowingly sit through a political commercial for any candidate for any office. My fault for not paying attention to what forum topic it was. The title was still totally misleading in my opinion. I thought it was just a sensational news item on a few visiting armed Chinese blown out of proportions the way most topics are. I'm always up for that. But getting sucked into a commercial, a political commercial, just.... sucks.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Ok, let's face it the video is a fake lead to promote Ron Paul, I'm not voting anymore because I'm tired of the lies and constant let downs of politicians, Ron Paul is not some Jesus or Ghandi reincarnate, he's just a man. He's just going to spread a bunch of misleading lies to get elected. He's just telling us what he knows we want to hear, just like Obama. This country won't get any better until the American people stop relying on this coorupt gpvernment and rely on themselves is this not the American republic? If there are really Chinese troops on our soul then they were welcomed here by our government. Cut your strings and quit being a puppet, I am an American citizen and proud of it, descendant of several presidents and revolutionary war leaders. I love this country, but I hate what the government has turned it into, blindly lead my fellow people into an obidient darkness. I lived in texas for a year and just got back several months ago, I saw no chinese troops or russian, I saw no frightened Texans, I saw nothing suspicious. We're safe from other governements, but are we safe from our own, consider this, things might just get worse yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
someone (a mod) should really change the title on this thread. I have a feeling a lot of people bit on it, only to say wtf.

tricking people into viewing the thread is not the way to go about it.

it's borderline false information spreading and fear mongering....thought ATS was better than this...
edit on 10-10-2011 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
this was a waste of my time....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

he who says 'i am only human' soon learns he is an animal. unknown

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
i totally watched and i 100% was annoyed with it. seriously, it was just coming at me the whole time, blasting away with hypothetical nonsense. most of those countries allowed us to be there, and women and children ARE NOT the majority of those taken out by our military forces.

VERY misleading......

tho i agree we should leave any country that doesnt want us there
edit on 9-10-2011 by primoaurelius because: text

Invasions aren't exactly "allowing us to be there". In regards to women and children comment; Well, according to the Iraq War Logs released by Wikileaks, there have been over 150,000 Iraqi deaths with 80% estimated to be civilian. The only thing that might be misleading is the title, but any person with half a brain will recognize within seconds it's hypothetical.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Kahlder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777

Ok, let's face it the video is a fake lead to promote Ron Paul, I'm not voting anymore because I'm tired of the lies and constant let downs of politicians, Ron Paul is not some Jesus or Ghandi reincarnate, he's just a man. He's just going to spread a bunch of misleading lies to get elected. He's just telling us what he knows we want to hear, just like Obama. This country won't get any better until the American people stop relying on this coorupt gpvernment and rely on themselves is this not the American republic? If there are really Chinese troops on our soul then they were welcomed here by our government. Cut your strings and quit being a puppet, I am an American citizen and proud of it, descendant of several presidents and revolutionary war leaders. I love this country, but I hate what the government has turned it into, blindly lead my fellow people into an obidient darkness. I lived in texas for a year and just got back several months ago, I saw no chinese troops or russian, I saw no frightened Texans, I saw nothing suspicious. We're safe from other governements, but are we safe from our own, consider this, things might just get worse yet.

First of all, the video was put together by revolution pac and is not a direct endorsement of Ron Paul. I know, it's hard to believe, but his supporters are actually responsible for this kind of madness that is spreading.

He's not telling us what we want to hear, nor is he spreading 'misleading lies'. He's simply telling us the truth. And he's been saying it a long time, which he's gotten sh*t for it his entire career given that he's one of the few guys with a set of balls in politics who speaks the truth. The reason his message has not caught on long ago, is simply due to the fact that it's been censored by our falsely trusted information outlets that have been hiding the truth to further their owner's agendas. But that changed with the invention of the internet - since now, he has a microphone, and so do his supporters.

And he's no Jesus or Messiah, this is a common misconception, but he's honest and sincere in what he says, and that is why people listen to him. No, he's not going to single-handedly improve things, that's what his 'message' of truth is doing, which inspires people to take things into their own hands and make the changes they want to see, instead of relying on someone's promises or oaths to do so, which we now know is unreliable. Knowledge is our power, and it's been too long that people have been restricted on what they learn. That is changing as the veil is slowly being lifted on the face of corruption.

The rest of what you're saying is basically Ron Paul's entire premise. I don't see why you'd want to put the man down, when he's fighting for those very values you seem to desire.

edit on 10/11/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
ninja..it's an annoying video about how if the tables were turned and we had foreign troops occupying the u,s that'd we basically be fighting like the taliban and the insurgents...which yes to a point that is true..we would fight to get them out...however...the jihadists fight not to get us out but to ELIMINATE US FROM EXSISTENCE...that's the difference..that's why its apple to oranges..and that's why it's stupid

Let's be honest here... Had the tables been turned, we'd be thinking along the same lines.

The only way we can move forward with this is to leave, and then take the next step from there. Using this argument as an excuse for a perpetual war is only going to leave us in a weakened state against our other more powerful declared/undeclared enemies. If we're going to blow resources on something, let's at least blow them on something that has some purpose, like our defense, our borders, our economy. There seems to be zero purpose or goal in this war, other than the same propaganda your post inscribes.

If we were honestly so afraid of these people, we'd have nuked them and called it a day. Fact is, they obviously aren't that big of a threat, so you have to ask yourself: What are we really fighting for over there? Are we really fighting to prevent a few people from dying, and while doing so letting 4,000+ of our own soldiers die, more than 33,000+ be injured (Est 100,000+ injured), and more than 100,000 civilians die at our fingertips?... If this is really the purpose of this war, I'd say we're losing it, and will continue losing it as we go on about fighting it. We seem to be chasing our tails here.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I agree with this post and what the video is saying, but at the same time I can only imagine how the Jews felt during the Holocaust when their leaders and government were killing their women and children, and I can only imagine what a relief it was for someone to come into their country and STOP it. I do not know what the answer is but I feel as if our very rights as citizens are being threatened by our own government. With all the talk about FEMA prison camps and false flags etc.. I wonder if we would not want a super power to come and assist us during a civil war that we may very well not be able to win

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

We keep lighter combat units deployed, e.g. 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, 10th Mountain, etc. I have combat patches with all three, I am speaking from experience.

Our heavier units: (OEF or OIF only, past ten years)
1st Cav have only deployed 5 times.
1st Armor have deployed BCTs 5 times.
1st Infantry have deployed elements 8 times.
2nd Infantry have deployed elements 7 times.
3rd Infantry have deployed 4 times.
4th Infantry have deployed elements 8 times.
25th Infantry have deployed BCTs 6 times.

Of the lighter units: (OIF-OEF only, past ten years)
10th Mountain has deployed elements 12 times.
101st Airborne has deployed elements 9 times.
82nd Airborne has deployed elements at least 16 times.

As for the two front doctrine, there was talk in 2009 of reforming strategy, but the force structure of the US armed forces is still developed around facing two major powers simultaneously, hence the reason we still maintain over 6,000 main battle tanks, over 4.000 combat aircraft, over 150 strategic bombers, 11 Carrier Strike Groups and 12 Expeditionary Strike Groups.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Sorry, some of us look at the platforms of the candidates, rather than going "Everyone else on ATS likes him, so i like him too!"

He has a good foreign policy angle. he has an absolute # domestic policy though. And his foreign policy is reliant on congress going along with him - which is "iffy" at best.

So. Sorry, not the leader of my pack. probably the best the republicans have, though, which is sad for them.
edit on 9/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

Well, obviously you are one of those who want a forceful big government, and it is obvious you are completely ignorant on the three tier system/branches of government that has existed in the United States since it was created...

The three branches/tiers of the United States government was created so that not one person, or group would have complete power, but apparently you want Obama, or some other saviour of yours to have complete control...

edit on 11-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It was annoying the way it had the words going every which way. Then it ends up being a video bashing Obama. Now I have a headache.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I EVOL this video.

Its a nice big slap in the face for ignorant americans that can't see past their noses.
So funny how many are calling "misleading title i lost my time" like u mad theres no chinese troop in Texas?
Its more like i can't stand being reality checked.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If the Chinese did invade Texas, maybe they and the Zeta's would wipe each other out.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You can tell who all the DEMOCRATS are...

They're the ones doing all the COMPLAINING about 'misleading' title etc!

Damned good vid & message IMHO, and if I could give 10 Million votes to Ron Paul, I damned well would

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've met Ron Paul. In a speech he gave in April 2008 on the front lawn on Capital Hill, he stated that he was told before that the powers that be had discussed/considered assassination as a possible means to stopping him. He is the finest example of a true American there ever has been.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

how true this is the big question is .what if ?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
OMG!OMG!OMG! I'm grabbing my ak...!!!!.. like wtf?
political bull, no more voting for me, I lost IQ listening to the first 10 seconds of that one. Had to exit quickly. Liked ron paul till he got so much attention, this vid seems to be made up.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the advert.

I'll know better than to click on one of the O.Ps threads next time.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
You can tell who all the DEMOCRATS are...

They're the ones doing all the COMPLAINING about 'misleading' title etc!

Damned good vid & message IMHO, and if I could give 10 Million votes to Ron Paul, I damned well would

I havn't been a democrat a single day in my entire life.

Propaganda is propaganda no matter how one spins it.

When misleading information is used to gain support for a cause it is propaganda.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join