It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MrHappyman989

You're very correct. What we need to do is pay a bunch of gay male prostitutes to just go to town on each other right next to the WBC.

If you're willing to start a charity to pay for gay male prostitutes to go to town on each other anywhere the WBC shows up, I will donate every penny I have. This is the best idea ever.

As for universoul, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to twist the whole defamation joke into his way of insulting god.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Why don't these people show some balls and protest the wall street protests?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

It would mean they WERE saying something false about that poster if he changed his name to God. It is so sad that you don't get this.

ok so what are they saying that is false about god?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Stop this thread. It's over. The funeral was today. Private, family and close friends. The where and when was not announced publicly. Frack those Westboro people.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

If you're willing to start a charity to pay for gay male prostitutes to go to town on each other anywhere the WBC shows up, I will donate every penny I have. This is the best idea ever.
Actually on second thought we can probably get local gays to do it for free. Hell I'd make out with a guy to freak out the WBC,

As for universoul, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to twist the whole defamation joke into his way of insulting god.
I kind of figure that's what he is attempting to do.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

from your link :

He had a huge platform; gave God no glory

point one :

so much for freedom FROM religion

point two :

so much for freedom of silence

just because you have freedom of speech - you dont have to talk constantly , smetimes your silence say more

further WBC - are quick to use litigation to defend thier freedom of speech - isnt it amazing that they dont afford others the same right ?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Maybe they will understand if you put it in the form of a puppet show. Just remember to speak slowly and use very, very, small words.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Since I was bored, I actually went to their website and in a very polite, drawn out message, I suggested they take action similar to the way The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project did, for the betterment of the planet.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

I hope they read it. I think they are more concerned with condemning gay people that actually helping anyone. As far as I can tell they are just a business. Go protest, get assaulted, sue.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
the thing that kills me about it is they are speaking for someone else. Who are they to make claims as to what god thinks? Maybe God doesnt have a problem with soldiers, gays, i-pods,etc. maybe he Does. WHo knows. Maybe he prefers the Zune
(which would make me serious question his taste in electronics, not to mention his concept of Good and bad but i digress)
Point is, Who authorized them to engage in public douchebaggery in the name of any other person/entity/Crutch/Cute bedtime story?

It would be like me Protesting in front of Pizza hut with a sign that says DOMO1 Hates Pizza!

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. ( I love it)

Ultimately, I think if God has a problem with any of the things these limelight leeches feel the need to protest. Maybe they should just ask their God come on down and protest these things himself, if they are truly a big deal.

In the meantime i suggest they just pray for god to show himself, Now that would be a statement huh?
I promise to recant MY statement as soon as he does.

"GOD HATES DECAF COFFEE!" See... I can do it too.

"Buddah Hates Dubstep" "Krishna Hates FLOSSING!"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

It would mean they WERE saying something false about that poster if he changed his name to God. It is so sad that you don't get this.

ok so what are they saying that is false about god?
If somone changes their name to "god", then we are talking about the poster and not god the deity. It was supposed to be a joke about sticking it to the wbc by saying they are slandering god the person and not god the diety. Not funny when you have to explain it in detail to someone....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
They picket Steve Jobs, but not washington...very classy

Must be a political move, there is no real sense to it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It will be interesting to see if the state affords elitists like Jobs and his family the dignity they refuse to give fallen soldiers and their families is such times.

IRM

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I did not realize how famous Steve Jobs was. I thought he was just a very smart guy who marketed a lot of new things. Maybe because I am a PC user I never got into the whole Apple subculture. So the members of this church are going to picket a funeral? That seems very silly to me.

It just makes me wonder how many people will show up to this pastor's funeral when he dies so they can cheer over his death. Real Christians are taught to be respectful and loving toward a family when their loved one dies. I don't think this Westboro Baptist Church is really even a church, it sounds more like a cult to me. They just attached the Baptist to it to make it appear to be real to people who won't question them.

We have the right to freedom of religious expression, I don't know any Christian doctrine that espouses protesting funerals. This is not religious expression, it is solely political and they need to stop calling themselves Baptist because it is merely a cover for those who don't know any different.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I don't think you understood his post at all. I'm sort of astonished by your answers. He is saying he wants to change his name to God, so that every time they write God hates whatever he gets to sue them for slander... Of course that wouldn't work but that was his point.

i know what hes saying and it doesnt make sense
because slander is saying something that is false
and what westboro is saying isnt false when it comes to god

I'm not surprised that you believe in "God" and "Jesus". You are pretty dense. I'd go as far as "mentally constrained" to describe you. Forget about the user changing his name to "God" and suing. This concept is too hard for you to comprehend. Occupy yourself with things that are more suitable for your mental ability, like going to church, worshiping a god etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Stop this thread. It's over. The funeral was today. Private, family and close friends. The where and when was not announced publicly. Frack those Westboro people.

Good for them. Those crazy people are just trying to get more press by picketing more and more controversial things. Keeping the funeral private and succinct was the best thing the family could have done, and it completely steals the fire from those baptist jerks.

Honestly, what the media needs to do is stop paying attention to them. We need to ignore them, no matter what they protest or yell. If everyone pretends they don't exist and gives them no more coverage, they will fade away. Like trolls, they require attention to stay strong.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am not gay, but I would take a day off work and go to Westboro if we could put together a few days for a "Gay Pride Parade" there.

Maybe we need to watch the "obits" column in their local paper and THEN treat them to a little of their own medicine.

I really think the two could be combine for a great weekend !!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers

I don't think you understood his post at all. I'm sort of astonished by your answers. He is saying he wants to change his name to God, so that every time they write God hates whatever he gets to sue them for slander... Of course that wouldn't work but that was his point.

i know what hes saying and it doesnt make sense
because slander is saying something that is false
and what westboro is saying isnt false when it comes to god

I'm not surprised that you believe in "God" and "Jesus". You are pretty dense. I'd go as far as "mentally constrained" to describe you. Forget about the user changing his name to "God" and suing. This concept is too hard for you to comprehend. Occupy yourself with things that are more suitable for your mental ability, like going to church, worshiping a god etc.

i dont believe in god or jesus. you all are pretty dense
ill explain why what he said doesnt make sense..
1. if he was refering to himself and not actually being a god then how could he sue if their not talking about him they are talking about god, theres heaps of people called god.
2. if he was talking about being god which is just as possible from his op then he couldnt sue because what they say isnt slander.
occupy yourself with a game of russian roulette

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
These people are truly scum.

If the came anywhere near any funeral I was at, I would beat the crap out of any of them I could get at.

And

LOL at the guy who said he'd make out with a guy just to piss off the WBC...

If it was like a million man march kinda thing and it was going to defeat the WBC, hell I'd do it

I swear these people are feckin' losers... they're sick in the head and they need people to harass the crap out of them... people need to do everything they can to end this groups existence.... not violent (despite my own second line) but just to terrorise and subject them to the kind of thing they've done to others.

Man.... what a bunch of freaks.

How are they still around?

edit on 8/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I understand, this thing with freedom of speech in the USA. But really how can you all over there stand these so called Christians? Yall should kick their butts.
Id they acted that way in Scotland they would have had their butts handed to them on a plate by now.
edit on 8-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join