It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

Westboro Baptist Church — the small Kansas congregation that has gained notoriety for protesting at the funerals of U.S. soldiers — has a new target: Steve Jobs.

Upon hearing the news of Jobs' death late Wednesday, several church members turned to social media to announce that they would protest at Jobs' funeral as well. (The Washington Post notes that many of these Tweets employed Apple technology and devices to get the word out.)

"Westboro will picket his funeral. He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin," tweeted Margie Phelps, daughter of the founder of the chur
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link

edit on 8-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think this might be the thing that gets a member of Westboro killed. Very emotional/unstable fanbois are going to completely lose their poo if Jobs funeral is picketed. While I am not a huge fan of the man, he had a family and friends that no doubt loved him and I find this tasteless like everything else about this 'church'.

What do you think guys, this going to backfire horribly on the Westboro folks?

Link

Different source I can't fix the OP.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
the best thing about all of this is that loony wench sent this announcement out on Twitter via her iPhone!!!!

Fail of epic proportions.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I wonder how many people in that church carry an Iphone.

I think they are just looking for attention.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'd love to agree that they'll be put down in some way (not killed...) and I agree this is outrageous but I think the outcome will be even better than a visit to the local hospital. I believe this kind of move will push their little family of crazies right into the public category of too absurd to ever take seriously again. Ridicule can be so much better. It's the gift that keeps on giving forever.

I can't see how absurdity like this won't pretty well eliminate them once and for all as people anyone pays any attention to. Geeze... What the heck was Steve Jobs supposed to have done anyway? How obscene. Good catch and thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye on this now to see how far they go.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I really don't get WBC. They picket EVERYONE's funeral. And most of the time their reasoning is horribly flawed. But I guess that's just what crazy people are best at doing; being crazy.

They picketed a soldiers funeral out here. Everyone surrounded them as best we could (they had an entourage of cops around them), I pegged them with a few snowballs for good measure.

edit: When were they ever taken seriously?
edit on 10/8/2011 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
the best thing about all of this is that loony wench sent this announcement out on Twitter via her iPhone!!!!

Fail of epic proportions.
Right???

They'll probably picket Jack Dorsey's (founder of twitter for those who dont know) funeral when he dies too, and tweet about it before hand...

People are weird creatures..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Once in a life time moments aren't to be taken lightly.

Birth, Death, Kids.

Rally against the man all u want while he is alive.

On the day you put him in the ground, be silent.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Domo, your link is wonky.

Hypocrites. Using Apple products to get their word out and then protesting at Jobs funeral. Not that I needed any reasons to dislike the WBC(I've seen "The Most Hated Family In America" and been around long enough to see many foolish things from them) but this is proof they are fools, idiots, imbeciles.

Using Jobs death to protest really makes them look bad. As they already are quite awful, that's kind of hard to do.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Let them do what they want.

While they want to do this for attention
and attention only

would i protest his funeral? No

Do I care someone protests it? No
Apple fan boys are way to much of wussies
to ever do anything about them..

I think Steve jobs deserves it (if you can use the word deserve)
more then a military person or a gay funeral..

edit on 8-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I am sorry but, this Church of idiots need to be dealt with accordingly....They are constantly making fools out of themselves...Anyone who supports this church needs a reality check immediately!....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Margie Phelps

I do wish the Phelps extended family would organize a protest near where I live. I'd like to join them and come up with a clever sign or two, that they would find insulting, and fix it firmly in their minds that I surely won't be welcome into whatever Heaven they believe they will eventually inhabit.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with the link. Tried to edit but it just keeps screwing up.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm tempted to change my name legally to "God" then sue these morons for slander and defamation of character

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidFusion
I'm tempted to change my name legally to "God" then sue these morons for slander and defamation of character

how they would have the law on their side because what theyre doing is exactly what it says in the bible
do you even know your god?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

how they would have the law on their side because what theyre doing is exactly what it says in the bible

The Bible is not US law.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by UniverSoul

The Bible says to picket funerals and act like idiotic douchebags that everyone despises?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The Bible is not US law.

right its only sworn on it
but from a christian persepective he is dead wrong
and if he doesnt know it he shouldnt be putting his faith into something he doesnt understand

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The Bible is not US law.

right its only sworn on it
but from a christian persepective he is dead wrong
and if he doesnt know it he shouldnt be putting his faith into something he doesnt understand

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by UniverSoul

The Bible says to picket funerals and act like idiotic douchebags that everyone despises?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

well picketing is actually a lot better then what they should be doing
if they followed it properly they would be breaking the law by having to kill the people they are picketing

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join