It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by UniverSoul

I don't think you understood his post at all. I'm sort of astonished by your answers. He is saying he wants to change his name to God, so that every time they write God hates whatever he gets to sue them for slander... Of course that wouldn't work but that was his point.

Why wouldn't it work...?

If he changed his name to God "and I do not think there are any laws preventing him choosing that name", he has every right to sue for defamation if his name is used in vain...lol

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think any media outlet (newspaper, television) that gives these idiots coverage should be fined 100k first offense.

See how long these inbreds last without any cameras around.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

These people have not one thing to do with the Bible. These people are not followers of Christ ! They are just religious. You can be religious about brushing your teeth dig?

I don't think this group is even real. This group has been designed/manufactured to make the rest of the world group all believers in this category.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling me and if you are I must commend you because this conversation has irritated me more than any other in years. So take that legal definition, apply it to what I said earlier and you get a prize!

your the troll, im just stating the facts
he said he wanted to sue them for defamation, which would mean they would have to be saying something false about god.which they are not
its not that hard to get

Would you actually point out to me a source where god actually says in his own words that he hates gay people and to kill them? and I mean God's own opinion, not something someone wrote in some book as an afterthought.

Everything they say about god is false because they put words into gods mouth without letting god himself speak his thoughts. The Bible is a medieval tabloid that has nothing to do with gods word and everything to do with a bunch of roman senators who wanted a way to make the plebs into obedient sheep.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by MrHappyman989

You're very correct. What we need to do is pay a bunch of gay male prostitutes to just go to town on each other right next to the WBC.

OMFG...!!! That would be funny as hell to watch!!

They'd have to do it in such a way that the WBC cant leave and is forced to endure it for the duration....

And all on video... "not the gay men part, just the WBC"...lol

The MSN could make up headlines like "THE WBC is treated to a gay extravaganza and loved the show so much, simply could not get out of their seats and even stayed for an encore"...

or

"WBC Finally comes out"...!!

lol
edit on 10/9/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
“You will Know a tree by the Fruit that it bares”

Westboro Baptist Church is no more Christian than Satan is himself.

Each of us should learn the lesson that this congregation teaches.

EVERYONE THAT CALLS THEMSELVES CHRISTAIN IS NOT.

This Congregation is so far from the teachings of Jesus, I would expect them to vilify the Lord himself the day he returns.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
“You will Know a tree by the Fruit that it bares”

Westboro Baptist Church is no more Christian than Satan is himself.

Each of us should learn the lesson that this congregation teaches.

EVERYONE THAT CALLS THEMSELVES CHRISTAIN IS NOT.

This Congregation is so far from the teachings of Jesus, I would expect them to vilify the Lord himself the day he returns.

Gay people don't bare fruit.
edit on 9-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Even if I did I doubt many would understand and I would just be bashed and not one person would be changed. Maybe someday I will do it anyway. I promise if anyone would listen to me with an open mind they would know that I am telling the truth.
edit on 9-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

The old testimate's filled with it, and even some of the new testimate contains it as well. Most christians try to rationalize or justify all of it. Eventually that fails, and it becomes "I understand that's(God's actions, and as a result God) absolutely abhorrent by human standards, but I have faith that he knows more than us and we can't understand his own standards." At which point, faith(having the will the believe something with no evidence) causes an impasse of debate, since it's not debatable, and also very unconvincing to anyone currently not believing.

Going ahead and claiming that it's 'not in there', I don't think you'll convince anyone that that's the truth. But by all means, try if you wish.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The WBC are just real life trolls, if no one payed them any attention, they would just go away. Unfortunately we are so morbidly curious about what they will pull, that we keep giving them the exact thing they are looking for, attention.

If anyone needs a media blackout, it's the WBC. They just need to be ignored like the trolls they are and they will give up and go away.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"If you are going to believe in something, do it right!" You said that, and then you also said that you don't support them. Which one is it? Because to me it sounds like you'd be willing to protest with them. I mean, they are only following the bible. These people are ignorant. They have no class or intelligence. People are grieving and these freaks cause so many people pain. But, hey...God is smiling down on them because they are doing his good work. If they protested at a funeral of someone I cared about I would go to jail. Someone needs to put these people in their place.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Back in 2007 a U.S. Navy Helicopter and crewmembers went down on a training mission my good friend R.I.P died in. That accident. W.B.C. showed up right @ the kill line of our base NAS Corpus Christi, Texas. I am proud of the community here they came out in extreme force and pushed WBC right back to Kansas we never seen or heard them with that. Being said any community with a back bone can and should silence this cult in any way possible! Thanks for your ear!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

As far as I can tell they are just a business. Go protest, get assaulted, sue.

This. There's even an article that explains it quite nicely. Basically they are all lawyers for a good reason: They never ever attack anyone personally, which would give people reason to attack/sue them. God hates fags instead of God hates you, because you are a fag for example.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

That makes a whole lot of sense. As much as I hate to say it, it's also quite genius. Getting people to hate them so much that a person loses it and does something irrational and then they sue your a**. Earlier I was thinking about what I would do if they were protesting at a funeral of someone I love. I came up with, throwing red paint on them, spraying them with pee-filled water guns, acting like I appreciated what they were doing so I baked them some laxative cookies...those are just a few. Yeah I would probably get a lawsuit against me.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Maybe someone should RickRoll them (again)

edit on 9-10-2011 by delius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Steve Jobs' family already held a Private funeral a couple of days ago. No public memorials are planned by the family at this time.
The Westboro idiots don't know what they are talking about--big surprise there.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by UniverSoul

The Bible says to picket funerals and act like idiotic douchebags that everyone despises?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

well picketing is actually a lot better then what they should be doing
if they followed it properly they would be breaking the law by having to kill the people they are picketing

This is correct. Per the Bible you are supposed to stone them to death.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
hey westboro baptist church go picket ows youll get all the attention you want

since thats what its all about bunch of morons if anyone needs to sit down and shut up its them.

Yeah, I'm sure there are gays among the OWS. It could turn into the riot that TPTB always wanted.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I would love to see some fanboys throw some 'forbidden fruits' at them. They probably hate Steve Jobs for naming the company Apple. The protestors probably think he somehow changed his shape from a snake to a person and made billions from promoting the eating of 'the forbidden fruit'

Anyway, these Westboro baptist church people have gone way to far. Even though, I don't think it justified to silence them because of their beliefs. They're a grey area for me, because they only anger people, and do it on purpose, yet everyone has right to exclaim their opinions. Maybe some counter-protestors can be there, that may send a signal at least.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I live in Britain so don't know much about this church you are talking about. But it seems as though once again its as if all there doing is acting like a advertising campaign. For all the compassion the bible talks about it is lost on them they seem more like a cult and will do anything for publicity. Maybe you should all picket a funeral of one of there churches member's but as evolved human beings who are a lot more enlightened we would not do this.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Domo1

How can there be a "return" when there was no "Jesus Christ" and there is no "God"? Your bible is a book of hate, spite, and murder, even if it is all lies and stories.

The way you refer to this lie as a "Lord" is also disturbing. Nothing and nobody will ever "Lord" over me, no nation, institute, monarch or false deity, ever.

You are correct nothing and nobody will ever Lord over you, so long as you feel this way. But there was a Jesus Christ and there is a God. And there is no hate, spite, or murder in the bible. All of those things you see as such are proof that God loves, nothing more.
edit on 8-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Prove to me that Jesus ever existed and that God is real. You can't, because they are lies and myths designed to keep you in fear, without thought and without care for what is actually real.

Your book of lies preaches nothing BUT hatred for those who are different, scorn for those who choose to reject your lies and murder.

The bible never teaches hatred or scorn for those who reject Jesus. Religion teaches all of these things. Way too many pastors are teaching lessons that have little to do with the bible. I can take three passages out of any book and interpret them however i like that does not make my interpretation correct. Very few people understand the bible. As a Christian I apologize for all of those people who have made you believe anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join