It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Domo1 I am having difficulty determining where you stand. On the day Jobs died you had no problem poking some type of humor Jobs (southpark video post) while his corpse was probably still warm, yet in this article you find it "tasteless" that these folks are prepared to protest the funeral. Not a personal attack and you are of course entitled to your thoughts and opinions, you just seem a tad ambivalent.

To the article, it's like I've said before. The people who give WBC any form of publicity or discussion are the real losers and the one's perpetuating their nonsense. Ignore them and they will just slither back to whatever cesspool that spawned them.

brill
edit on 8-10-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When one of them dies will they protest there members funeral lol

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think we'll be discussing this on ATS Live later on today.

I imagine there will be some strong opinions

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pathetic losers. It's good of them to announce their intentions, though; Jobs' family now have forewarning, and they have plenty of money to hire security to keep these loathsome nutbars away.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
lmao wow this church is just classic.

I bet alot of people are going to protest when they start dying off...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

have you ever read the bible? You and WBC really are the reason so many hate Christians and refuse to believe in the bible. You make claims that go against the very core of what the bible teaches. It would be nice if people would stop using the bible as justification to act like an idiot.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Domo1

How can there be a "return" when there was no "Jesus Christ" and there is no "God"? Your bible is a book of hate, spite, and murder, even if it is all lies and stories.

The way you refer to this lie as a "Lord" is also disturbing. Nothing and nobody will ever "Lord" over me, no nation, institute, monarch or false deity, ever.

You are correct nothing and nobody will ever Lord over you, so long as you feel this way. But there was a Jesus Christ and there is a God. And there is no hate, spite, or murder in the bible. All of those things you see as such are proof that God loves, nothing more.
edit on 8-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
An iPicket. ?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Even if Westboro does picket Job's funeral the fanboy's won't resort to violence. There isn't an app for that.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I think this might be the thing that gets a member of Westboro killed. Very emotional/unstable fanbois are going to completely lose their poo if Jobs funeral is picketed. While I am not a huge fan of the man, he had a family and friends that no doubt loved him and I find this tasteless like everything else about this 'church'.

What do you think guys, this going to backfire horribly on the Westboro folks?

Link

Different source I can't fix the OP.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

You might just be my favorite kitty. I agree these folks are going way too far. I've already been rebuked this week, but I'll give it anyway these people will have a lot o explaining to do when they meet their maker! I am bad but there are things I just won't do.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As a Christian I say...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
These people said that (Paraphrased) God manipulated Steve and apple through his will just so that they could use bible apps on the I phones to carry out their messages.

Now they're picketing the funeral of the man they delusionally claimed was carrying out gods will.

These guys are like internet trolls in real life. No consistency, no rationality, just doing whatever will anger the most people and make the most infamous names for themselves. I find it very hard to believe that they believe in what they do.

edit:

Originally posted by sacgamer25
And there is no hate, spite, or murder in the bible

Lets not go there. That's like saying there's no stars in the night sky.

If you really believe that, make a topic claiming such and see where it goes. I'm not going to derail this one by going into how wrong that statement is here.
edit on 8-10-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why do assholes have to do things like that? what did he ever do to them

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i mean really? do they really think holding signs at a funeral is going to please an immortal spirit known as "God" or the Universe?

LAWL

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is a religion of lawyers masquerading as Christians. Nothing more. They seem to think that the 1st amendment shields them. Truth be told, I hope it does but….

I won’t shed a tear when they get their comeuppance.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Even if I did I doubt many would understand and I would just be bashed and not one person would be changed. Maybe someday I will do it anyway. I promise if anyone would listen to me with an open mind they would know that I am telling the truth.
edit on 9-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Domo1

How can there be a "return" when there was no "Jesus Christ" and there is no "God"? Your bible is a book of hate, spite, and murder, even if it is all lies and stories.

The way you refer to this lie as a "Lord" is also disturbing. Nothing and nobody will ever "Lord" over me, no nation, institute, monarch or false deity, ever.

You are correct nothing and nobody will ever Lord over you, so long as you feel this way. But there was a Jesus Christ and there is a God. And there is no hate, spite, or murder in the bible. All of those things you see as such are proof that God loves, nothing more.
edit on 8-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Prove to me that Jesus ever existed and that God is real. You can't, because they are lies and myths designed to keep you in fear, without thought and without care for what is actually real.

Your book of lies preaches nothing BUT hatred for those who are different, scorn for those who choose to reject your lies and murder.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
As a Christian I say...

As a christian wouldn't this be more appropriate?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be08334e16b7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
At least they are consistent.

Gotta give them that.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Seems like your standard religious mentality to me.

Do as i say or burn.

The absolute stupidity of these people who they say want to live by gods ways yet as soon as someone has a different aspect on things or just lives their life a way that the godsquad dont approve of they form a mob that goes and chants at a funeral???

wow.

If god could be at all arsed with our politics i wouldnt be surprised if he just hung his head and sighed.If he wasnt so omnipotent i could even start to feel for him when the people that shout the loudest about representing him carry on this way.Kinda like watching one of your kids growing up to be a real jackass.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join