It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Obvious troll is obviously obvious.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
lol what hypocrites. clearly they're against him creating technology, but they manage to use "the devils" technology to get their word across. these people are messed up in the brain.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The WBC stopped having any right to speak the name of God , let alone suggest his personal preferences , when they ignored the fundamental bracing point of Christianity. Love people.

Alot of figures in history , some directly connected with the Church, and others BEING the Church (bloody Popes... should have been a stop to that long ago if you ask me) have used the word of God, to beat people over the head, and make life miserable for at times small groups, and at others , the entire freakin world.

These are not the actions of people who genuinely respect Gods messege. Wether one agrees with thier idea that some things are of God, and others are not, it is the right of God himself to punish and chastise people who have committed sins against him, by casting them into hell if he should see fit. We mortals have no business enforcing those laws here on Earth, lest we be judged, having judged others.

Thier lack of respect for thier own faith is sickening, and unfortunate, and I hope that what one of the other posters said , is true, and that Steve Jobs has been buried in private in an undisclosed location. The late Mr Jobs was a Buddhist!! Of course he wasnt going to dedicate his lifes work to God! What a complete idiocy!

Do muslim terrorists in Afghanistan shout "Glory to Jesus Christ, and every saint" when they blow some poor unsuspecting person to bits with a roadside bomb, or an RPG? I think you will find that they do not! Do atheist philosophy students praise God in heaven when they achieve thier degrees? No of course they do not. There is no more reason that they should do this, than there is for me to bow and scrape at the knee of Satan (and trust me, thats the last thing anyone who has ever known me would say I would do... mostly because I keep thinking up ways to pull off his head and make a bag out of it for carrying beers in).

Fact is these WBC cultists are little more than a right wing fundamentalist group with more in common with the Nazis than they have in common with Jesus, his teachings, or indeed any positive mindset that might have been associated with the faith they claim to represent.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Westboro derives income from lawsuits. They provoke people with their actions so that they can be the plaintiffs in civil cases that will add to their coffers. Their religion is likely more of a tax dodge than anything but is legitimate enough that the IRS can't make a case stick. When the old man finally leaves this earth, Westboro will fade as the heirs to his fortune fight over who is to become the next high priest. His demise will simultaneously make the world a better place and show him what Hell looks like for sowers of discord. See Dante's Inferno
Circle 8, Bolge 9.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not these clowns again
They're so lame and worn out.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You have to give them credit... they may be idiots, but they are very dedicated ones.

Maybe sooner or later they will get something right if they keep shooting in the dark.
edit on 8-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by Domo1

Not these clowns again
They're so lame and worn out.

thats christianity for you

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I think this might be the thing that gets a member of Westboro killed. Very emotional/unstable fanbois are going to completely lose their poo if Jobs funeral is picketed. While I am not a huge fan of the man, he had a family and friends that no doubt loved him and I find this tasteless like everything else about this 'church'.

What do you think guys, this going to backfire horribly on the Westboro folks?

Link

Different source I can't fix the OP.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Religious being used as a Demonization by association operation.

Westboro baptist operatives are being used to smear religion again. Same "church" that vetted Obama.
Come now. You've got to do better than that.

Nice try though..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy

Obvious troll is obviously obvious.

Funnah purson. Lolz

Yeah that was mildy comical.

-On topic-

This "church" is a elite shill group being used strategically to smear organized religion.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Pass the test.

Do not repay evil with evil.

The highest form of evil is calling it justice and saying it is righteous.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I suppose, I dont wanna be a jerk and clump them in one group but man are you right lol

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have an old iMac lying around back in KC. I just got back to Carlsbad when I read the news. Had Jobs died a few days before, I can think of a certain church window I might have been tempted to heave that iMac through on my way south on I-35.

just sayin

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Westboro Church needs to get their own house in order, and stop worrying about what goes on in the world and start preparing for the return of the Lord and purifying themselves or they might just find themselves getting left behind in the rapture. Our job as christians is to bring the light of Jesus Christ to the world, not to go protest some dead man's funeral. Jesus said "let the dead bury the dead, take up your cross and follow me". It doesn't matter if Steve Jobs gave no glory to God, that is between him and the Lord. Westboro needs to put down their self-righteousness and return to the Lords work. As christians we are supposed to be giving up this world to prove to Jesus that we are ready to be done with this kingdom and ready to go home to him. The Lord's bride shouldn't be concerned with what other men do, "she" should be focusing on the groom and preparing the way for him.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Domo1

The Westboro Church needs to get their own house in order, and stop worrying about what goes on in the world and start preparing for the return of the Lord and purifying themselves or they might just find themselves getting left behind in the rapture. Our job as christians is to bring the light of Jesus Christ to the world, not to go protest some dead man's funeral. Jesus said "let the dead bury the dead, take up your cross and follow me". It doesn't matter if Steve Jobs gave no glory to God, that is between him and the Lord. Westboro needs to put down their self-righteousness and return to the Lords work. As christians we are supposed to be giving up this world to prove to Jesus that we are ready to be done with this kingdom and ready to go home to him. The Lord's bride shouldn't be concerned with what other men do, "she" should be focusing on the groom and preparing the way for him.

How can there be a "return" when there was no "Jesus Christ" and there is no "God"? Your bible is a book of hate, spite, and murder, even if it is all lies and stories.

The way you refer to this lie as a "Lord" is also disturbing. Nothing and nobody will ever "Lord" over me, no nation, institute, monarch or false deity, ever.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i recall the god mooses spoke of didnt like the worship of the dead
worship of jesus is necromancy

zombie jesus is coming , will a double tap do the trick

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
well i dont support them but they are doing what the bible says to do.

Show me where the bible says to picket? Do you do everything the bible tells you to do?

pushing agenda is exactly what religion is..i dont see a differnce in what they do from what the church has done for centuries, they are just open about what they believe..while the church tries to hide it
good on them i say
if your going to believe in something, do it right

Wow....just wow.

So it's ok to picket someones funeral? I don't care who you are let the dead rest and let their family mourn in peace. This group isn't a church they are a CULT. They make up their own rules to live by!

Also she used an iPhone to post this.....if she hated the man so much then why does she have an iPhone?

I don't really care what people believe in but somethings like picketing funerals is WRONG!
Pushing your beliefs on another is WRONG!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
i recall the god mooses spoke of didnt like the worship of the dead
worship of jesus is necromancy

zombie jesus is coming , will a double tap do the trick

Yes, don't bother waiting for him to finish smashing the barrier down, and make sure you get Revive. *You need a little revive!*

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
someone keep tabs of when a WBC person dies... then we can picket their funeral.

not that its steve jobs, but funerals in general, this is disrespectful. im thinking they are actually church of christ types instead of baptists..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by UniverSoul

The Bible says to picket funerals and act like idiotic douchebags that everyone despises?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh man i didn't know the BIBLE has all that in it...OHHHHHH SHHT i gotta start reading it NOW!.

Those BIG WHINNY BABBIE B*TCHES are just looking for attention.Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa my mommy,daddy didn't pay enough attention to me whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

The only way I'm gonna get attention is being NEGATIVE DOUCHE....whaaaaaaaaa.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Your idiocy is hilarious. I've can barely remember what this post was about I've just been following your stupid comments this whole time.

I'll explain simply. If his name is god, stay with me, by writing "God Hates Fags" on signs. They would be slandering his name. Because he is "God" and is saying he doesn't hate fags. This would mean that they are spreading lies. I hope that was simple enough explanation. If you were educated you would know that god is just something that the church attatched to a mythical creatures name. Real gods have names. Like Odin and Zues. christians were just lazy and couldn't think of a good name.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join