It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by rwfresh

The absolute saddest time in your life. Imagine that feeling remaining indefinitely, with no hope of understanding your way out of it and no numbing of the pain over time. I think that is at least the basic premise of hell.

So Satan can control my mind too? I will be sad if I choose to be sad. If my mind isn't even my own than it isn't even me being sad.

??? What? Who said anything about controlling your mind? Why do people get so upset about explanation they asked for? I'm just explaining what it is.

Have you ever suffered from depression? Well if you have and didn't commit suicide it was because you had some hope. But hell as defined is a place where there is no hope. Because you have the spiritual realization that the "depression" is eternal. Like we all sat around and said Hell was fake.. and then we died and found ourselves in a very disturbing and painful place.. and then after a 1000 years we start to lose hope that anything is going to change.. and then after a million years or a trillion years we come to the realization of the truth that we are not escaping.

I understand that most people do not want to sit around and contemplate hell. But many who have suffered unimaginable things here on earth, like seeing their family murdered or something terrible like that.. know that there are times in life when hope has escaped us. Well, in THEORY hell is that unimaginable pain and horror without hope. That is the DEFINITION. I am NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD BELIEVE IT OR THAT IT IS REAL.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

I got into about 4 sentences and it looked the bible quoted to me. Still doesn't scare me, but we can some drinks when U and I get there....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

cause people like you are going to be there

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Take your best shot: Not a thing will change what happens when you leave this world. It matters not what you believe because your belief will not persuade the God of Heaven to forgive if you have not asked for it. If you do not believe in God you may be surprised to find he is indeed very real. But then of course: It will indeed be a mute point ...uh at that point..
feel free to ridicule. Your post was concerning the fear of hell. If you believe in hell then you had better fear it. If you do not fear it..well it will still be there regardless of your belief. I must ask: why did you make this thread if you do not believe in it?
Matters not if you believe: it only matters if it is true...."better be sure"
...Hell is very real. And it does have a purpose. that is for those who are truly evil. Ask yourself..by what guidelines do I consider my heart? Is it evil? Or is it good?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't believe in the bible but listen to this woman explain what its like, apparently she's been there.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
READ THIS BOOK:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1318036234&sr=1-1-fkmr0

And several others of similar visits there . . . including one by former atheist Dr Richard Eby

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_cc_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1318036323&sr=1-1-catcorr

CHINESE CHILDREN'S VISITS TO HEAVEN IN THE 1911-1919 ERA

I read this one 40 years or so ago when I first went to Taiwan in the Navy. It's a great treasure I'm blessed to read again. I found the narratives Biblically accurate and encouraging.

They strengthened my hand in The Lord regarding His Nature, His ways, His love. --Qx

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_32#_

By Dr. W. G. Covington, Jr.This review is from: Visions Beyond the Veil (Paperback)

This book is taken from the writings of H. A. Baker, an American missionary to China. Prior to being in China, he served in Tibet from 1911 to 1919. Here he records the experiences of young children who were residents of the Adullam Rescue Mission in Yunnanfu, Yunnan Province, China.

Before describing what the children saw while under the influence of the Holy Spirit, the author establishes the Scriptural basis for such visions. He cites numerous incidents from the Bible that the sort of things the children saw "in the Spirit" were experienced by people in the Bible and that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

And:

endtimerevelations.org...

Visions of the Rapture, Tribulation, the Holy City, & the Thrones of GOD and satan.

The testimony of an 8 year old girl who encountered Jesus Christ.

(Jannet Balderas Canel

And:

Rawlings, Maurice — To Hell and Back, Dr. Maurice Rawlings explores our life after death (88 min).
www.spiritlessons.com...

=======================

and your question will be abundantly answered.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

This thread is a satirical off-topic thread.

So..Can U send me a picture of this place? All I ever hear is people claiming they know it exists, but no proof. Do U know how insane that sounds?

Do U know how insane it sounds when people describe imaginary places,,that they know exist,,but never seen it,,but they know its there...seriously!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Why do people get so upset about explanation they asked for? I'm just explaining what it is.
Where exactly did I get upset?

??? What? Who said anything about controlling your mind?
Only I can decide when I'm sad. Just because I'm in Hell what makes it so that I MUST be sad? If something is FORCING me to be sad than is that really me being sad? NO.

But hell as defined is a place where there is no hope. Because you have the spiritual realization that the "depression" is eternal. Like we all sat around and said Hell was fake.. and then we died and found ourselves in a very disturbing and painful place.. and then after a 1000 years we start to lose hope that anything is going to change.. and then after a million years or a trillion years we come to the realization of the truth that we are not escaping.
You can't escape Heaven either pal. You'll be trapped there for eternity, surrounded by all these happy people. Why are they all happy anyway, everyone on Earth is capable of feeling sadness and hate, why not in heaven? And why is it assumed that every single person will like Heaven, if all people are different? And what if someone were to like Hell? There is nothing that says they MUST be sad, just because they are in Hell for eternity. You THINK they will be sad but your reasoning is entirely flawed. If no one can CONTROL my mind and make me sad than I have the option to be happy. At least in Hell people have the ability to express certain emotions that are apparently forbidden in Heaven.
edit on 7-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I find this place called hell everyone talks about all the time rather a funny idea to begin with.
It is likely to me that people just don't like the idea of dying. Hell may be just a way for people to conceptualize what death is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

We are all born to DIE, no way of getting around it. Not unless someone comes up with a way to download your brain. I for one am not afraid, already accepted it..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Do U know how insane it sounds when people describe imaginary places,,that they know exist,,but never seen it,,but they know its there...seriously!
Would it sound less insane for someone to say that they do know about Hades because they did go there?
You are a little new, so you probably missed some of my posts where I go into some detail describing the place.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

We are all born to DIE, no way of getting around it. Not unless someone comes up with a way to download your brain. I for one am not afraid, already accepted it..
I don't think that people were originally created to ever die. Scientists realize that the way we are designed we could recycle things in our brain where we would never run out of storage space.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

TRue I am new to this ATS place...but not new to a lot of things...

Explain it to me..I will grab some popcorn..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

TRue I am new to this ATS place...but not new to a lot of things...

Explain it to me..I will grab some popcorn..
I don't know what you want explained. People usually loose interest in what I describe, maybe because it is not exciting. Not exciting would be a way to describe the place. People are generally caught up in a general apathy. They have only fuzzy recollections of the world where they came from and get off center by there being no way to gauge the passage of time, there not being a sun or moon or stars, but a sort of ambient light and an out of focus sort of high vaulted ceiling too far away to make out.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by rwfresh

Why do people get so upset about explanation they asked for? I'm just explaining what it is.
Where exactly did I get upset?

??? What? Who said anything about controlling your mind?
Only I can decide when I'm sad. Just because I'm in Hell what makes it so that I MUST be sad? If something is FORCING me to be sad than is that really me being sad? NO.

But hell as defined is a place where there is no hope. Because you have the spiritual realization that the "depression" is eternal. Like we all sat around and said Hell was fake.. and then we died and found ourselves in a very disturbing and painful place.. and then after a 1000 years we start to lose hope that anything is going to change.. and then after a million years or a trillion years we come to the realization of the truth that we are not escaping.
You can't escape Heaven either pal. You'll be trapped there for eternity, surrounded by all these happy people. Why are they all happy anyway, everyone on Earth is capable of feeling sadness and hate, why not in heaven? And why is it assumed that every single person will like Heaven, if all people are different? And what if someone were to like Hell? There is nothing that says they MUST be sad, just because they are in Hell for eternity. You THINK they will be sad your reasoning is entirely flawed. If no one can CONTROL my mind and make me sad than I have the option to be happy. At least in Hell people have the ability to express certain emotions that are apparently forbidden in Heaven.
edit on 7-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

You seem to think i am defending Hell in some way. Even though my message is there.. with all kinds of CAPLOCKED secrets about me not recommending you believe me if you don't want to? I mean.. we can pretend you aren't offended if you want. Honestly.. i am not trying to do anything other than give you a definition.

But since you seem to be imposing you actual beliefs of heaven and hell let's try this. Have you ever been sad? If i am to believe what you pertain are your powers of happiness then you have never been sad. Unless of course you've wanted to be sad. I can't imagine anyone wanting to suffer.. but hey to each his own.

Now if you have never suffered, except by your own conscious choice (ie: because you wanted to) then i would suggest you do not have the capacity to comprehend hell. I know in my own life i have experienced what felt like very real sorrow, very real depression, very real pain and loss of hope. But i am an EXTREMELY positive person and have with the grace of God always found hope and returned to Joy. I am extremely blessed and thankful for say not growing up in a Ugandan child army, forced to kill family and friends. Or been severely abused as a child. People who have experienced this things and come out on the other side have a better understanding of the definition of Hell and what hope is then i do.

But that said, using my own experiences of major sadness, when despite my desire to go about my merry way, i lived in sorrow and pain, i can kind of understand maybe what some of these people are talking about.

On the idea of heaven. Same thing. Heaven is not about harps and happy times. It is not about boredom or disliking things or feeling LACK in any way. That is not heaven. You need to use your imagination a little more. Heaven would be like the opposite of what i am defining hell as. Take the most amazing feeling you have EVER had. EVER. Like the best time in YOUR LIFE. Now imagine that feeling of contentment, ecstasy, joy, excitement, hope building ETERNALLY. It never let's up. You NEVER feel lack. It just eternally fills you. You don't need to go anywhere, do anything, say anything, be anything because you are enraptured in SUPREME ECSTASY ETERNALLY.

Have you taken drugs? ECSTASY? Not suggesting you do.. but if you have.. imagine the single BEST moment.. like the single best SECOND of the experience.. Then stretch it out eternally. There is NO DOUBT, NO FEAR of it ending, NO CHANCE of feeling BORED, OR WANTONNESS.

It really is just a matter of using your imagination. That is what praying or meditating is really about. Seeing how far you can stretch your imagination of how absolutely and completely contented you can be eternally.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So you mean it would be like taking a lamp in a white room and getting my face about a foot away and stare right into it?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I thought it was frozen over.

Just sayin'

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

You seem to think i am defending Hell in some way. Even though my message is there.. with all kinds of CAPLOCKED secrets about me not recommending you believe me if you don't want to? I mean.. we can pretend you aren't offended if you want. Honestly.. i am not trying to do anything other than give you a definition.
Caplocked secrets? I was emphasizing words that were important to what I was saying. All I am doing is presenting my opinion, you are the one claiming people are getting upset and offended. I am perfectly calm and relaxed, I'm enjoying this debate actually, I love these types of philosophical conversations.

Have you ever been sad? If i am to believe what you pertain are your powers of happiness then you have never been sad. Unless of course you've wanted to be sad. I can't imagine anyone wanting to suffer.. but hey to each his own.
I am not trying to say all my emotions are completely under my conscious control. What I am saying is that I DO HAVE CONTROL of my emotions to a certain extent. For instance, if I were being tortured in Hell, I might be sad for a little while, but there will come a time where the pain becomes completely meaningless. If I can't die than the physical pain means NOTHING. It's just signals being sent to my brain by my nerves, trying to tell me I'm in danger, but what danger is there in Hell if I can't die again? I don't have to be sad just because I'm in Hell. In fact I could laugh and fall in love with other people there. So you see, unless my mind is being controlled, nothing can make me permanently sad.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

So kill me again...torture me..I'll get used to it...After All U have an eternity right. So I think at some point in time if this place really existed a little light would go off in your head and u would say.. OH WELL!!!!!

Well said. We are conditioned in this life time to except hell on earth. Is the underworld that different?

You think that now because you have a limited human imagination. Trust me, hell is no place you want to be. Think of eternal darkness, you can't see anyone, they can't see you. You can hear their cries of anguish and they can hear yours but no matter how much you search for them hell is so vast you will never find anyone else. It may sound like theyre right next to you and they are not, but you reach our only to hit nothing but cold emptyness. There is no light, because God is the light, and you are shut off from him because you didn;t change your ways, for all eternity not just a given amount of time but forever. Your family will not remember you (if they are saved) nor will they care about you because to them you will never have existed (God doesnt let his children remember things that make them sad or cry). So its just you, cut off an alone for all eternity with your cries of anguish and grief and you will curse the day you had been born and it will be for nothing. The fires of hell are the fires of lonliness and how it will kindle and burn within you. This is just what the human imagination can think of, in truth it will be millions and millions of times worse because God has no limit on his imagination like we do.

There isn't going to be any "after party" in hell where you get to bang all the sluts you want like some people joke about. Then comes the lake of fire where you go after judgement day, and there you will burn with literal fire and your tongue will shrivel up in your head and your eyes will boil in their sockets and you will beg God for a drop of water but he will not hear you as your flesh crackles and burns with a stench you have never smelled until that point but you will smell it for eternity never ending.

Why should you ever wish to go to a place like that? Like i said it's millions of times worse than anything you could think of. There won't be any fallen angels ripping your intestines out or snacking on your eye balls, because theyre in the same boat you are in. This is the reward for wickidness. You can go there if you want, but as for me? I'd rather not. Not the kind of place i want to be when i die.

Oh right, heaven and hell don't exist right? Are you that sure of yourself that you want to trust your limited knowledge of what comes next to what you think and not what you know? Personally its better to believe in Jesus Christ for the hope of eternal life than to die and risk the torments of hell because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'd be happy just making it to heaven even if i end up a janitor or something i just want to be there.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Take the most amazing feeling you have EVER had. EVER. Like the best time in YOUR LIFE. Now imagine that feeling of contentment, ecstasy, joy, excitement, hope building ETERNALLY.
Ehhh...you just don't understand do you. So now Heaven is like being on drugs all the time? You are describing emotional states without explaining how those emotional states are induced or sustained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join