It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I find this place called hell everyone talks about all the time rather a funny idea to begin with. I mean you are already DEAD...So what is this supposed place going to do to you that hasn't already been done? Kill you again? I think that if there was this supposed imaginary place, that you would know..I AM DEAD..

So what are they going to do? Kill you again. Big Deal, U are already DEAD!

So kill me again...torture me..I'll get used to it...After All U have an eternity right. So I think at some point in time if this place really existed a little light would go off in your head and u would say.. OH WELL!!!!!!

SO BRING IT ON! Sounds like a fun place to mess with people for a long time.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Here, Read this when you feel like you have the time..I cannot or will not say if its an authentic account, but it does make you wonder......www.spiritlessons.com...

I suppose the worst part would be living in eternal separation from God, and living in the outer darkness. Im sure you think its all a big joke, and Im not judging you or even trying to start an argument with you, but eternity is a long time and would probably be much worse than anything that we endure here on this earth in this corrupted flesh.
I suppose we will all find out the truth in the end, but then what if it is too late then? You have a chance to change all that now, in the present. No one is promised another day on this earth.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
So kill me again...torture me..I'll get used to it...After All U have an eternity right. So I think at some point in time if this place really existed a little light would go off in your head and u would say.. OH WELL!!!!!

Well said. We are conditioned in this life time to except hell on earth. Is the underworld that different?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So kill me again...torture me..I'll get used to it...After All U have an eternity right. So I think at some point in time if this place really existed a little light would go off in your head and u would say.. OH WELL!!!!!!
I realized that when I was like 8 years old.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Seriously, What's the worst that could possible happen. You're already dead so OH WELL.. It's hilarious, things chewing on u and such. Really, so this place U need to eat. Sounds like earth to me and a pocket full of circus peanuts.

TOO FUNNY!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I would actually rather go to hell than heaven. Imagine being surrounded by blissfully happy people all the time. No thank you. Pain makes me know I'm alive. There is no love without hate.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I believe Mr. Andrew W.K sums up my feelings perfectly.

Enjoy the life you have NOW. Who cares what happens after.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Imagine the absolute worst feeling you could ever have. The absolute saddest time in your life. Imagine that feeling remaining indefinitely, with no hope of understanding your way out of it and no numbing of the pain over time.
I think that is at least the basic premise of hell. I don't think they literally pitchfork you until it doesn't hurt anymore.. Or kill you until you are use to it. It is a psychic pain and horror that goes on eternally, one with no escape or relief.

Not saying you should believe in it or anything.. Just pointing out a potentially more accurate description.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

The absolute saddest time in your life. Imagine that feeling remaining indefinitely, with no hope of understanding your way out of it and no numbing of the pain over time. I think that is at least the basic premise of hell.
So Satan can control my mind too? I will be sad if I choose to be sad. If my mind isn't even my own than it isn't even me being sad.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's just something that religious leaders (cult leaders) devised as a method of control.

Their version of God is just another version of Big Brother. He sees everything you do, and if you do anything bad he will torture you.

Hell is just a way to try and make people afraid of being bad. None of the people could even read at the time, that is why they had preachers to begin with, they could read these sacred (and prohibitively expensive) bibles aloud to the unwashed, uneducated (illiterate) masses, and so of course they added whatever they wanted to the texts. Today few people agree on what is and isn't the bible. There are many versions, and many more if you consider that what the Jewish and Muslim faiths believe are very similar in many ways.

There are LOTS of different translations of the bible, and lots of different ideas of which books are truly written down by prophets and which are BS, which are collectively labelled as apocrypha these days.

In conclusion, in a time where people were pretty liberal with the swords and the murder, Hell was a way to control people through fear and make them act respectable.

Since then the entire thing has grown wildly out of control, and that leaves us in the present day, with people saying the Earth is the center of the universe and the sole home of life, that it is only 6000 years old, and that dinosaur bones were planted in the ground by God as a test of faith.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is why everyone is so afraid of
peace on earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
What I'd like to know is why everyone is so afraid of
peace on earth.

Profit margins

They go down quickly if nobody is manufacturing war weapons, and LORD knows we don't have much else going on economically besides building machines to murder each other with.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Sounds like a blast......

The way I look at it is, if u r going to be in this imaginary place for infinity..Make the best of it..enjoy it...U R there anyways...GET IT GOT IT KNOW IT...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
It's just something that religious leaders (cult leaders) devised as a method of control.

Their version of God is just another version of Big Brother. He sees everything you do, and if you do anything bad he will torture you.

Hell is just a way to try and make people afraid of being bad. None of the people could even read at the time, that is why they had preachers to begin with, they could read these sacred (and prohibitively expensive) bibles aloud to the unwashed, uneducated (illiterate) masses, and so of course they added whatever they wanted to the texts. Today few people agree on what is and isn't the bible. There are many versions, and many more if you consider that what the Jewish and Muslim faiths believe are very similar in many ways.

There are LOTS of different translations of the bible, and lots of different ideas of which books are truly written down by prophets and which are BS, which are collectively labelled as apocrypha these days.

In conclusion, in a time where people were pretty liberal with the swords and the murder, Hell was a way to control people through fear and make them act respectable.

Since then the entire thing has grown wildly out of control, and that leaves us in the present day, with people saying the Earth is the center of the universe and the sole home of life, that it is only 6000 years old, and that dinosaur bones were planted in the ground by God as a test of faith.

I like this post....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

They don't know how. Keep showing them you are not afraid and they will jump right in!

Peace is Prosperity!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The definition for heaven and hell were made up by the same people that put wings on drawings of angels wearing white bathrobes and little halos on their heads. They also thought the Sun and all the stars went around the earth and that the earth was flat. C'mon, really? Modern religion still hangs on to these old "fairy tales"?

What if this life is Hell and Heaven is, well... look up. The entire Universe are the Heavens as they used to refer to it in days of old. This is Hell and Heaven is everywhere else.

And on the real Judgment Day all the goats and rams, seed and chaff, whatever, will be separated and the "bad apples" will go into the only place nearby that can unmake souls... the eternal lake of fire which is never quenched... Get it?

www.youtube.com...

There will be no eternal suffering, just a brief stellar plunge associated with disassociation of atomic structure. Flash in the pan and it will be as though you never were.

All that will matter in the long run is what you have done for (or to) others.
edit on 7-10-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Imagine a god that realized he was being made less and less powerful and somehow believing he had no say otherwise. I think that might be cause to make a few shudder.
edit on 7-10-2011 by yoesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hell is misunderstood greatly in modern times because people love to ignore the fact that ancient civilizations used symbolism to get their points across.

Hell is not a fiery underworld of eternal torment.

We all go to the same place when we die.

However if you live a life with anger, hatred and jealousy (ect.) In your heart, you will continue to be tortured by it in your afterlife experience. Anger is the fire (the unquenchable flame).

You will be given many MANY chances to even these emotions out (reincarnation), but there will be those who will only get worse, and eventually (after hundreds, maybe thousands of lives) their souls will burn out and no longer exist.

It is not God who sentences us to Hell, it is ourselves.

Hell is being so miserable that we choose to seperate ourselves from love and peace. To grow distant from God to a point that he/she can no longer help us. Like a student who refuses to learn, so no matter how good the teacher is, it's all hopeless.

It is your choice, not God's. That's the beauty of it. If you don't want to participate in the challenge, you don't have to. You can allow yourself to seperate from God's plan and eventually allow yourself to truly die.

Heaven will come when the souls that have completed their learning are gathered up and taken to a new world where no anger or any negativity of the sort will exist. Perfected spirits. God's plan.
edit on 7-10-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

They say that life's a carousel spinning fast, you've got to ride it well. The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell, oh well.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You have fallen for one of Satan's oldest tricks. He loves to fool people into believing that hell is a place where lost souls will spend eternity in a conscious state while they are being tortured non-stop. Read this study to learn the truth about hell, my friend: www.remnantofgod.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join