It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't know, its full of fire and brimstone and you suffer, forever and ever and ever! Are you on something? Ever hear of the bible? I believe once my atheist bum dies.I'm going to cease to exist, i'm tired of you people asking silly questions.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
FEAR is never a reason to believe. I should clarify: Never use FEAR as a compass to determine which are the things that are true and those that are false.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Notice how everyone will explain these things with some type of earthly attachment to them, including all of the 5 senses of being a human being...now watch this..

YOUR DEAD...all of your body functions are gone...earth is gone..

JEESH----

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

I dont understand why people are so afraid either I recently had a christian friend (who i threatened i wouldnt be friends with anymore if they kept saying it) said I was going to burn in hell if i didnt accept jesus christ as my personal lord and savior and they know im a good person and if there is a hell or heaven i know no matter what i believe i will be judged for what i have done not what i believe i wont accept any one god who would condem other religons just because they dont believe in a certain religion and if there is a god i believe he will judge by actions not beliefs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople

It is not God who sentences us to Hell, it is ourselves.

What a crock of #. So does a judge in a courthouse not sentence someone to serve time in jail then either?

Sure you have a choices to make, but who is this god you speak of to judge AFTER HE GAVE HUMANS FREE WILL if he didn't want people to go to hell it would be a simple issue for a all powerful god to make sure that didn't happen. The god of christian beliefs is a sick and vengeful god.

the christian god would not need to remove freewill (what a joke that is) in order to make sure people did not suffer in the after life...he could simply make it happen.
edit on 7-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by rwfresh

Take the most amazing feeling you have EVER had. EVER. Like the best time in YOUR LIFE. Now imagine that feeling of contentment, ecstasy, joy, excitement, hope building ETERNALLY.
Ehhh...you just don't understand do you. So now Heaven is like being on drugs all the time? You are describing emotional states without explaining how those emotional states are induced or sustained.
edit on 7-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

You say this because you have never been baptized in holy fire. When you get baptized in holy fire God lets your spirit see just a glimpse of heaven and his glory and your spirit soars with joy beyond words or comprehension. I was baptized in holy fire and it changed me into a totally different man from what i had been. Ofcourse my description will be totally lost on you, only those who are chosen recieve the baptism in holy fire and to recieve that baptism of fire you have to open yourself up to the will of the Lord and give over your will to do his works and sacrifice the things you want in your life to do his work. This is what it means to be "called" to do the work of the Lord. Ofcourse i am wasting my words on you because you only believe what you can see with your own human eyes.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

There is no place called Hell. God did not make any 'heaven' or 'hell'.

If you look around you, you will see some people are wealthy, and some are poor. Some are healthy and some are sick. Some get money by working very little, and some can barely feed themselves after working whole day.

You will also see animals who are beasts of burden, mal-nourished, diseased, and suffering etc.

The Karmas are not erased with death, but are carried over to the next birth. This is the reason of the inequality we see between different people, and between humans and animals.

All religions ask man to develop virtue by doing good deeds, so that he does not suffer later.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Notice how everyone will explain these things with some type of earthly attachment to them, including all of the 5 senses of being a human being...now watch this..

YOUR DEAD...all of your body functions are gone...earth is gone..

JEESH----

Really? Have you never done paranormal research? A little ghost hunting? Try explaining seeing apparitions that can pick up objects and throw them at you, or pick you up off the ground and choke you while you float in the air. I don't suppose you have ever been choked by something that you couldn't see but you could feel its hands wrapped around your throat as it was squeezing the life out of you. Guess what? I have experienced that. I've even been slapped by something i couldn't even see and it left a hand print on my face that my wife even noticed. This all happened when i fell away from the Lord and went back to my sin where i dwelt for 14 years believing in aliens and being sexually promiscuos and fornicating, using drugs, and being a rotten selfish bastard who cared about no one but himself. After that attack i knew then that God was real and that Jesus Christ was real, because i had been attacked by a "demon" and it renewed my faith after it haunted me for 4 years, with each and every day being scratched and slapped, having my hair pulled, feeling a presence standing behind me glaring at me when no one was there, hearing footseps run across the floor when i was the only one in the house and sitting in my recliner.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You say this because you have never been baptized in holy fire. When you get baptized in holy fire God lets your spirit see just a glimpse of heaven and his glory and your spirit soars with joy beyond words or comprehension. I was baptized in holy fire and it changed me into a totally different man from what i had been. Ofcourse my description will be totally lost on you, only those who are chosen recieve the baptism in holy fire and to recieve that baptism of fire you have to open yourself up to the will of the Lord and give over your will to do his works and sacrifice the things you want in your life to do his work. This is what it means to be "called" to do the work of the Lord. Ofcourse i am wasting my words on you because you only believe what you can see with your own human eyes.
Well I have been splashed with some "holy water" when I was young, if that's what you mean by "baptized in holy fire". I have a feeling that's not what you mean though. So what I should take from this is that "only those who are chosen" will make it Heaven? Cool story bro.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Really? Have you never done paranormal research? A little ghost hunting? Try explaining seeing apparitions that can pick up objects and throw them at you, or pick you up off the ground and choke you while you float in the air. I don't suppose you have ever been choked by something that you couldn't see but you could feel its hands wrapped around your throat as it was squeezing the life out of you. Guess what? I have experienced that.
So are ghosts in Heaven or Hell?

I've even been slapped by something i couldn't even see and it left a hand print on my face
Glove slap baby!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I don't know, its full of fire and brimstone and you suffer, forever and ever and ever! Are you on something? Ever hear of the bible? I believe once my atheist bum dies.I'm going to cease to exist, i'm tired of you people asking silly questions.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

My dear, you are soul. What you see in the mirror is just a covering like clothes you wear.

You are a drop of consciousness who sees no beginning nor end. Even destruction of earth and sun does not destroy you.

You see your body but not self due to illusion. Illusion is created by Karmas (good & bad), accumulated over countless previous lives and the current one.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

My apologies. I should have explained that part better...

I meant that, because we have free will, we decide our destiny.

If we are miserable in our afterlife experience, it's because we couldn't let go of the misery of our Earth-life experience.

God does not make a soul miserable. A soul makes itself miserable.

Now...

If you want to talk about God being vengeful or sadistic, think about this:

ETERNITY - FOREVER

Comprehend as best as you can (as best as anyone can) what those words mean, or at least imply...

Even if you live 10,000 miserable lives to achieve your spiritual goals; all those lives combined will be a very small sliver in your combined existence. You will live so long you may even forget all about it.

Any hellish torture of human life is a mere pin-prick in the spool of eternity.

Actually it's infinitly smaller than a pin-prick.

It's nothing to get so upset about.

Be happy

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Well I have been splashed with some "holy water" when I was young, if that's what you mean by "baptized in holy fire". I have a feeling that's not what you mean though. So what I should take from this is that "only those who are chosen" will make it Heaven? Cool story bro.

The only thing you can take from it is that it is not meant for you "bro", your mind is shut to God, this is why you will not be chosen. Jesus came to give salvation to all mankind but you have to ask him for forgiveness first. Ask for forgiveness and believe in him and then accept his gift of redemption. You can be baptized or have water splashed on you every day for the rest of your life and it will not save you, just eating a cookie and drinking grape juice at communion wont save you either because you bring damnation onto yourself if you do not do it with a solemn heart and remember the Lord and his sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople

It is not God who sentences us to Hell, it is ourselves.

What a crock of #. So does a judge in a courthouse not sentence someone to serve time in jail then either?

Sure you have a choices to make, but who is this god you speak of to judge AFTER HE GAVE HUMANS FREE WILL if he didn't want people to go to hell it would be a simple issue for a all powerful god to make sure that didn't happen. The god of christian beliefs is a sick and vengeful god.

the christian god would not need to remove freewill (what a joke that is) in order to make sure people did not suffer in the after life...he could simply make it happen.
edit on 7-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

God's justice is difficult to understand but is certain, natural and automatic. There are no lawyers there to plead your case. You will reap what you sow.

Freedom of action given to man does not mean absence of God's justice. A soul is not God. A soul's karma is created by actions of that soul. A soul is free to act in human form, but still bound to the law of karma.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Really? Have you never done paranormal research? A little ghost hunting? Try explaining seeing apparitions that can pick up objects and throw them at you, or pick you up off the ground and choke you while you float in the air. I don't suppose you have ever been choked by something that you couldn't see but you could feel its hands wrapped around your throat as it was squeezing the life out of you. Guess what? I have experienced that.
So are ghosts in Heaven or Hell?

I've even been slapped by something i couldn't even see and it left a hand print on my face
Glove slap baby!

Obvious troll is painfully obvious.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I asked a legitimate question. Are ghosts in heaven or hell?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The only thing you can take from it is that it is not meant for you "bro", your mind is shut to God, this is why you will not be chosen.
Rather judgmental...so I don't have the option to open my mind and heart to God? Awww, I'm shattered.

Jesus came to give salvation to all mankind but you have to ask him for forgiveness first. Ask for forgiveness and believe in him and then accept his gift of redemption.
Forgiveness for what exactly? I was born on this Earth less than 30 years ago. I haven't done jack. If I go to Hell I will be completely fine with it. If God (assuming he exists) thinks I have sinned too much or whatever, than so be it. I will always live my life seeking the truth. I live by my own code of ethics which is much higher than many so called religious people I know. If that's not enough than SO BE IT.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

INDEED. WELL PUT.

And, some of us who have been so baptized by HIS SPIRIT . . .

have also had visits to or glimpses of hell.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

However, for those in rebellion against God--where else could they go?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Hell is not a place, but a state of being. It is separation from the light. God is, was and continues to separate the light from the darkness. Darkness is a deficiency of light energy and leads to debt. The positive manifestation of energy does work to produce something from nothing. This is how the kingdom of God and heaven are brought into being. Negative energy takes from others and creates a debt in the universe. Hell is a state of being where that something that has been created by light is diminished or separated from its evolution forward. Darkness can only take and destroy.

Here are examples: When a person takes drugs from a desire for reward, a debt must be created. Drug use creates a greater desire for the taking of reward. Stealing reward always leads to suffering and deficit. If a person smokes, they get cancer. If a person drinks too much, then become an alcoholic which leads to organ failure as health is diminished. This is the creation of a state of hell. Not only for the alcoholic, but also for those they are charged with protecting. Our taking form life always affects others in a negative way. Negative actions add to negative for us and others. Positive actions must be suffered as work to lead to lasting reward. Work creates something from nothing.

All sin must be atoned. The debt must be rectified to equilibrium. When a person creates their own hell, the debt can be equalized in two ways. Either someone comes and pays the debt forward with work, or the debt is paid by the person who took the reward. A doctor can work on a cancer patient and this work creates a payment for what was taken. We are all affected in life by choice, chance and the actions of others. Chance is not random, but is the interplay of God's providence and the laws of nature. Nature requires payment when something is taken.

A final judgment of the soul implies other previous judgments. A soul is placed in a fallen state in a body (baptized into the material world) as a way to rectify a deficit in a previous existence. A veil is placed over the soul to keep it from remembering its previous estate. This requires the person to live by faith and not fact. Why? Duplicity is created if a desire is for reward or to avoid punishment. Good must be sought as its own reward. The material world is a last attempt at refinement of the fallen soul as a redemption process from a previous debt to God. Since we live under the temple veil (The body is the temple of the spirit of God paired with the soul), we have no way of knowing the reason we initially fell from the our place with God. The object is to find and fight our way back. The final judgment will come and plenty of warning has been offered. Two spirits are at work on us. There is the Holy Spirit and there is the spirit of darkness (Satan). We make the choice which one we follow.

In John 3, Jesus states that "you must be born again." In other words, you are baptized many times into the material world to fight for your freedom. The law was our first lesson in works. The idea behind the law was to teach us that we cannot please God by works. Works are not a way to God. The law allowed us to see that faith in God can only come by a love for God and others. Once we can overcome the pride that made us fall in the first place, then we begin to develop a humble love for God and others in service and loving-kindness. Righteousness and the fruit of the spirit then follows our faith to hope and trust in God. Hope leads to love and love allows our salvation from the material world back to God.

Many souls will fail and cling to pride. Hell is the state of separation form God that a soul will eventually find itself in when the Holy Spirit (comforter) is removed and the sick and empty knowledge of being separated from God is realized. The soul will be in a state of eternal removal from the light and placed into the darkness with no vehicle (body) to exist. No kingdom will be made. The abyss is the place of eternal darkness.

Since we are unable to pay our debt fully by works, faith in God is required. The way to this faith is found in the negative that Jesus suffered on the cross. Our sin is a negative. Two negatives multiplied create a positive. Our debt is walked back by Jesus sacrifice multiplied to our debt.

Your chance to redeem yourself is here and now. The end is approaching quickly. All you need to know has been presented in the Bible. If you love God and love your neighbors (even your enemies), then you are on your way out. If you hate others (God is one of the others), then you are on your way to eternal separation form the light and any means of existence in the light. This is called eternal damnation. The choice is and has always been up to the soul that resides in the body of man.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

INDEED. WELL PUT.

And, some of us who have been so baptized by HIS SPIRIT . . .

have also had visits to or glimpses of hell.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

However, for those in rebellion against God--where else could they go?

Only one place Bo, and our warnings fall on deaf ears. The great deception God was prophecied to send has already begun. They believe the lie that he does not exist. I can't imagine he will tarry much longer. When people start disappearing mysteriously there will be those that we warned that will remember what we have said, it will be up to them to spread the word after we are gone, if they survive God's wrath that is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join