It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightInTwo

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
So what are they going to do? Kill you again. Big Deal, U are already DEAD!

Kill you again? No. Worse. The world can kill your fleshly body. Hell is said to destroy body and soul. I suggest you read the book 23 minutes in hell.

23 Minutes in Hell? That is authoratative?? Are you serious???

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
God is perfectly willing to judge you based on your works if you choose. God does give you a choice. You can choose not to ask Jesus, and simply be judged by your own works if you want. In some cases God will even allow you to use YOUR OWN SET OF RULES and judge you by your OWN standards. Especially in cases of people that have never had access to the Bible to learn the rules.

Just out of curiousity, tinfoilman, where did your theology come from? Because I certainly don't believe it's biblical.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Authoratative? Meaning, proven, with evidence? It's an eyewitness account. Are you serious? It was a suggestion. Settle down, and shut the hell up.

edit on 8-10-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So what are they going to do? Kill you again. Big Deal, U are already DEAD!

Kill you again? No. Worse. The world can kill your fleshly body. Hell is said to destroy body and soul. I suggest you read the book 23 minutes in hell.

It's called 28 Minutes In Hell and I just recommended it before you did.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Good food for thought.Maybe we´re already in hell and this is all an illusion.
Here is a good description of the lovely planet we inhabit.

"We're spinning 'round this ball of hate,there's no parole,no great escape.
We're sentenced here till the end of days,and then my brother there's a price to pay.
We're only human,we were born to die,without the benefit of reason why.
We live for pleasure,to be satisfied,and now it's over there's no place to hide.

It's such a brutal planet,it's such a living hell.
It was a holy garden,that's right,where Adam fell.
It's where the bite was taken,it's where we chose to sin.
It's where we first were naked,it's where our death begins

Here's where we keep the armies,here's where we write their names.
Here's where the money God is,here's our famous hall of shame.
Here's where we starve the hungry,here's where we cheat the poor.
Here's where we beat the children,here is where we pay the whore.

Right here we stoned the prophets,built idols out of mud.
Right here we fed the lions,Christian flesh and Christian blood.
Down here is where we hung You,upon an ugly cross.
Over there we filled the ovens,right here the Holocaust."

(BRUTAL PLANET-the text is a little shortened)
By the All-American-Alice Cooper

Maybe you're not so far from the truth.Maybe this is our punishment??
Who knows?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Lazarus Short

Settle down, and shut the hell up.

edit on 8-10-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

Not likely.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
reply to post by vedatruth

I did not say that sinners will escape the reward for their sins, just that the Kingdom of Heaven is the final/eventual destination for all. Nothing else makes sense.

Further, here is a link to a site which contains sufficient material from the Holy Bible to establish Universal Reconciliation as a doctrine:

www.tentmaker.org...

Since you insist on the concept of Justice, let me remind you that God stated that our ways are not His way, nor our thoughts His thoughts. You subscribe to Justice and Hell - I subscribe to Love and Heaven.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

If you believe in the Bible, what is your interpretation of these verses?

Revelation 2:11 - " 11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the SECOND DEATH."

Revelation 20:6 - "6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The SECOND DEATH has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."

Revelation 20:14 - "14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the SECOND DEATH."

Revelation 21:8 - " 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the SECOND DEATH."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

So kill me again...torture me..I'll get used to it...After All U have an eternity right. So I think at some point in time if this place really existed a little light would go off in your head and u would say.. OH WELL!!!!!! SO BRING IT ON! Sounds like a fun place to mess with people for a long time.

be careful what you wish for...

I'm not sure if hell exists, but I do know that dark and very twisted hateful energy does exist.

If you think this would be a" fun" way to spend eternity... I think you may have some issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I don't think i will have to worry about eating as I will be DEAD...and my stomach won't be needed anymore as I will be DEAD. Food will no longer be required for me.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
heaven doesnt want me and hell is afraid Id take over..

Or..
Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven.

After the places Ive been and things Ive seen I fear nothing not even the hell westerners are so fond of scaring people into believing their primitive barbaric religion with..
It cant be any worse than what humans inflict on each other in this world..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Once again, death is the ultimate punishment, whether the first death or the second death. Note that God never says we will be punished eternally, just made dead. I believe there will be a resurrection from both first and second death.

Think of salvation as a sale where everything is free, prepaid by the store owner, but it's this weekend only! If you wait until Monday, you have to pay full price, that being your life. If you'd gone during the weekend it would have been so much easier, for the store owner was willing to pay the price, which was His life.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Which earthly GOD? There have been thousands of GOS since man origins from every facet of this planet. So which one for the last 10,000 years?

I will tell you this, there are no GODS, no spirits, no invisible things. You are on a planet circling around a white star, that white star is circling around around this galaxy called the Milky Way(Which Human Beings labelled by the way), then this galaxy is part of another galaxy made up up trillions of stars, then this galaxy is speeding currently right now through the universe(you can't feel it) as the universe expands. Then too top it all off there are trillions of galaxies. So you are in a universe made up of countless trillions upon trillions of stars galaxies and planets.

You somehow think the earth is the center of it all and we somehow matter most. That's the most narcissistic ideology ever designed.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

hate to break it to you but Dark Energy and Dark matter make u 2/3rds of this universe already. So it's around you all of the time. Then to top it off every single thing in this universe is made up of 3 parts. A neutral, positive and negative energy. This is what makes up compounds, atoms and everything you smell, see, touch, hear and taste.

That's reality.

Stories and books about someones acid trip is not reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by gabby2011

hate to break it to you but Dark Energy and Dark matter make u 2/3rds of this universe already. So it's around you all of the time. Then to top it off every single thing in this universe is made up of 3 parts. A neutral, positive and negative energy. This is what makes up compounds, atoms and everything you smell, see, touch, hear and taste.

That's reality.

Stories and books about someones acid trip is not reality.

When I say dark energy I am talking about the fact that there are people who film rapes, and sell them so others can "enjoy " watching rapes..even the rape of a 5 year old.. that is only one small example...

I was not referring to science in any way.. merely saying that there are some vile and disgusting ways some souls get their "kicks", and watching people and children in absolute terror and pain is one of them.

That is a reality in this world.. and some people are forced to live a hell on this earth, that others would never think exists..but it does..

So if it can and does exist in this world, where does that dark spiritual energy originate?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Once again, death is the ultimate punishment, whether the first death or the second death. Note that God never says we will be punished eternally, just made dead. I believe there will be a resurrection from both first and second death.

Think of salvation as a sale where everything is free, prepaid by the store owner, but it's this weekend only! If you wait until Monday, you have to pay full price, that being your life. If you'd gone during the weekend it would have been so much easier, for the store owner was willing to pay the price, which was His life.

I'm sorry, the Bible doesn't say anything about a second resurrection from the second death. If you have a verse that I'm not aware of leading to this conclusion, please share. Thanks!

Romans 10:9 - "9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Saved from what? Could that be from the second death?
edit on 8-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I'm sorry, the Bible doesn't say anything about a second resurrection from the second death. If you have a verse that I'm not aware of leading to this conclusion, please share. Thanks!

Romans 10:9 - "9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Saved from what? Could that be from the second death?
edit on 8-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Yes, saved from everything, even the second death. I note that death and the grave are the last enemies to be conquered, so at that time and thereafter, no one can then be dead. Everlasting punishment in Hell is also thus excluded. You have merely to think these things through. I am aware that no resurrection from the second death is mentioned in the Bible, but it must be true for reasons I just mentioned. I don't cherry pick, I dredge up whole concepts.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yes, saved from everything, even the second death. I note that death and the grave are the last enemies to be conquered, so at that time and thereafter, no one can then be dead. Everlasting punishment in Hell is also thus excluded. You have merely to think these things through. I am aware that no resurrection from the second death is mentioned in the Bible, but it must be true for reasons I just mentioned. I don't cherry pick, I dredge up whole concepts.

I'm sorry, what part about "death and hell will be thrown in the lake of fire" means that it's not eternal? How must it be true based on the reasons you've given? Concepts mean nothing without scripture to back it up. Do you not have one small scripture from the Bible to even explain your theory by?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is hell. God kicked Lucifer out of "heaven" and he "fell" . Where do you think he landed??? He is here and doing a fine job of reaking havoc.
Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Jesus also talked of Satan at the last supper
John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

2 Corinthians 4:4
4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn on them

He is here, and always has been.

PLPL
edit on 8-10-2011 by Minori because:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Which earthly GOD? There have been thousands of GOS since man origins from every facet of this planet. So which one for the last 10,000 years?

I will tell you this, there are no GODS, no spirits, no invisible things. You are on a planet circling around a white star, that white star is circling around around this galaxy called the Milky Way(Which Human Beings labelled by the way), then this galaxy is part of another galaxy made up up trillions of stars, then this galaxy is speeding currently right now through the universe(you can't feel it) as the universe expands. Then too top it all off there are trillions of galaxies. So you are in a universe made up of countless trillions upon trillions of stars galaxies and planets.

You somehow think the earth is the center of it all and we somehow matter most. That's the most narcissistic ideology ever designed.

Oh, my bad. The way the OP was written seemed to assume that the account of the Bible about Hell was true. For the sake of argument of course. Since that's apparently not the case, why didn't you just make this thread in the Rants Forum?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I'm sorry, what part about "death and hell will be thrown in the lake of fire" means that it's not eternal? How must it be true based on the reasons you've given? Concepts mean nothing without scripture to back it up. Do you not have one small scripture from the Bible to even explain your theory by?

OK, let's think this through. The lost are cast into the LOF - crackle, crackle, gone, dead again. Later, Death and Hell (perhaps metaphorically) are cast into the LOF - crackle, crackle, gone, dead (so to speak). The dead are subject to resurrection, death itself is not. Neither is Hell. However, if the lost dead are still dead after Death itself is dead (again, so to speak), then it makes no sense. God is not a God of confusion. Therefore, I am impelled to believe that God will resurrect the lost at some remote future date.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join