It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
you should let me in, because i brush my daughters hair back, as she falls asleep gently to this song

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by deadeyedick

Reese's peanut butter cup, 4 pack.

Cool. lotta nutrition in peanut butter. When my wife and I were fist married, we lived on peanut butter, ritz crackers and pickles for about 4 months.

There's a good survival skill, able to function and work well on very short rations.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I am a survivalist, i would not buy into your camp of death, no matter what you may have in there. I think it a trap. A hollow community with a overseer, over peoples that kick them out and do what they will to them. I will definately PASS and stay far away from such a death trap of enticements to draw you in for the kill and take whatever the people inside want from you. NO THANKS, i'm smarter than that. I do not buy into the trickery of falsehoods. I do have a bottle of this magic water that cures everything, want some? he,he,he,he,he

When the SHTF, only an idiot would buy into this camp checkpoint thing, come on, think about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
you should let me in, because i brush my daughters hair back, as she falls asleep gently to this song

Yeah, let him. Is that you in the pic? Special forces man.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Oh no, I am always prepared, is that a problem for you?

"Semper preparatus"

preparation isn't a problem.... but that ball peen hammer could become one!

Do you know how uncomfortable it is to sleep with a kevlar helmet on to guard against ball peen hammer attacks in the dark of the night? I usually wake up with a stiff neck from it...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

after some thought, i would pass the camp by and hope they never see me.

i would not want to be a part of any gated community. everything may work out fine at first. but eventually someone will start to complain. then they will convince other people to complain. then someone will challenge the leader of the camp. then its a mini war inside the compound.

people will fight for food,
people will fight for water,
people will fight for the attention from the opposite sex,

it will only end tragically. a small group of three might work. a single male and two females. adding any other males to the mix is asking for trouble.

-subfab

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My wife and I have been living "off the grid" for over three years now using six 120watt solar panels and two 400watt wind generators. We have over 400 dvd's and run everything you would in a normal household with the exception of air conditioning for which we've substituted turbo fans... I'm skilled with engine repair all the way up to jet propulsion. I can build, repair or improve pretty much anything man-made and I'm also an inventor. (I invented the all-in-one printer/photocopier/scanner.) I have far too many skills to list and am probably more like "the professor" from Giligans Island than anything else. In a situation like the one proposed, I would probably stay back far enough to thoroughly observe first to ensure my own safety. If I felt safe enough I would approach bringing food with me to share. I don't really need anything but would like to teach those willing to learn before leaving. Does your community have a Wood Gasifier?

edit on 9-10-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

One male and two females in the same camp? That's sort of a scary proposition - there would be enough of you to beat me up, and take my rucksack! And you have that Wonder Woman thing going on - might be enough to beat me up if it was just you, if you caught me too deep asleep...

... or borrowed that ball peen hammer for just a second!

My great-great so many greats back grandad was a guy named Adam O'Brien. he was a frontiersman back when it was all wilderness, and he was quoted as saying that when "civilization" made it to the back woods, it brought along preachers and sheriffs and lawyers, and then after that there was never a moment's peace for anyone, where before it was all sorts of peaceful and tranquil out there.

You've probably got a good point about all the squabbling in a settlement.

I can see how the two girl-one guy thing might work. the guy to kill the wildebeests and whatnot, and something the girls could throw between themselves and, say, a bear - keeping the bear busy gnawing while they make their escape, and two girls, one to cook and the other to... gather roots and berries and stuff for the cook pot.

What? What did you think I was gonna say the second one was for?

edit on 2011/10/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xawesomepants
reply to post by nixie_nox

Contrary to what you put in your post, there are people who have in fact, lived off the land, without monocultures or any of that crap.

The natives of north america for example.
edit on 8-10-2011 by xawesomepants because: my awesome spelling

I pretty much agree with you on that, but the tribes that lived that way were primarily nomadic. The tribes that lived in primarily one locale and used agriculture did not just 'live off the land', once you start growing your food you become tied to one area.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Seeing as you don't seem to want me in your compound, I will just go back to the underground bunker that nature already built for me and mine. Caves can be very comfortable with a little foreplanning and preparation and if you already knew what you were looking for, they can be very defensible, with rabbit holes already there if needed.

Ours has potable hot and cold running water, we've already set up a fungus garden, there is arable soil within 5 minutes walk of the entrance, and we have already set up electrical generation. Oh, and for those worried about EMP, as long the electrical and electronic systems are powered down at the time of the EMP, there is no problem.

Entrance is well concealed at the end of a narrow canyon, and our setup can comfortably house 150 people and crowd up to 300, although some privacy would have to be sacrificed. Our basic set up also has emergency food and water for 2 years for 150.

Almost forgot one of the more important things, we also have a secure armory. Got to keep the kiddies out until properly trained on weapons use.

edit on 9-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: addon

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by Wolfenz

Ive fix this from my last post Video Working Now

(Goodbye 21st century hello Early 19th century )
The Visual of what could of happened if we were bombarded with EMP with the kill switch missing
if they ever made such a device ! With the Population we have The 3 trailers Above would become a reality

Escape From LA 13*

edit on 8-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm curious if zombies would provide a worthwhile form of sustenance?

Nah, the meat is usually already rotting.
Even if fresh, back to that cannibal issue.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

Jessica Biel
How about, Johnny Depp for your part?

Jessica Biel, from Blade 3 would definitely work for you, I think Hugh Jackman would fit getreadyalready. I'd be more a Peter DeLuise type.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I got nothing useful, I'm handy and a hard worker thats about all I can bring to the table. Other than that all my skills are in computers and technology.

Though am also a fairly decent writer if I'm allowed to toot my horn. Surly I could work through some news letter, write plays, music, or poems to entertain thee or bring thy new?

EDIT: Forgot to add, I prolly would be carrying my .22 and a assortment of books. Also I know how to make wine!
edit on 10/9/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Another consideration ladies... I've been preparing, and yes- training for the past three years or so with the same crew for the most part. We're families and singles, spanning a range of age and experience. We are well prepared.

In fact, I thought it was funny when somebody sent me this video- there's a picture of me and one of my work crews in the movie!!! (haha- the folks that know me have seen it, and will recognize it.)

In other words, there are folks out there who have made it their BUSINESS over the past few years to be more scary than you could ever be.

Why would I want to join somebody else's compound when I have a prepared, cohesive, and well practiced group of guys that can just come and TAKE all your stuff?

Lucky for y'all (since you're advertising on a public forum that you'll be grouped up nice and tight, and where) we're more interested in staying alive and restoring our republic than taking your stuff.

Stop being all sloppy. This thread is retarded just for existing.
edit on 9/10/11 by cbianchi513 because: fixed video link

edit on 9/10/11 by cbianchi513 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/10/11 by cbianchi513 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by Wolfenz

(Goodbye 21st century hello Early 19th century )
The Visual of what could of happened if we were bombarded with EMP with the kill switch missing
if they ever made such a device ! With the Population we have The 3 trailers Above would become a reality

Escape From LA 13*

edit on 8-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

problem with that scenario is, plisken was probably working for someone else that has all their electronics in faraday cages and now they are the only people on the planet with technology. puts a whole new spin on global elite. you're supposed to believe that if a massive emp wiped out all electronics, that it would also wipe out the electronics of the big guys. not.a.chance. and when he says "welcome to the human race", he's not talking to the elite. he's the voice of the elite talking to the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
It's TSHTF scenario. The Internet and electrical grid are down. Paper money is useless. You don't even know for sure what caused it -- maybe WWIII; maybe a CME? All communications went down before you could get any answers. Many people are dead, and many survivors have fled to rural areas in search of clean water, food, and shelter.

You're traveling on foot with only what you can carry on your back, when you come across a gated, fenced community protected by armed civilian guards. The tantalizing sound of running water and the aroma of food cooking waft from within the walls.

The gatekeeper says, "We're a small, self-governed, self-sustained community, and we must be selective about accepting new members. You can stay here if you can contribute to our community in some meaningful way. Tell me one to three useful abilities, skills, or attributes that you can offer us."

What is your answer?

(I thought the answers might be interesting, given the diversity of the individuals here on ATS. Remember, as you answer, that survival skills like DaddyBare's are at a high premium, but many less-obvious skills such as midwiving, chemistry, building, or sewing could also get you through the gate.)
edit on 10/7.2011 by graceunderpressure because: Wrong forum

edit on 10/7.2011 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

i'm sorry..but it is really hard to concentrate and read what you've written when that CREEPY creature in your avatar is staring at me like that.....thanks alot for contributing to my NIGHTMARES

edit on 9-10-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

You're my hero. We are 5 clicks NE of their camp. Welcome anytime. Wear the wonderwoman outfit under you camo!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Sounds too much like a pimp arrangement to me. I'd rather hit you in the back of the head with a ball-peen hammer, and steal your belongings.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

Any female that knows the difference between a hammer, a claw hammer, and a ball peen hammer, will be an asset in the SHTF scenario! You've just added another feather to your cap.

Not to mention the mean streak to use the hammer and the wherewithall to attack from behind. We're gonna do just fine.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

I think the Jeep belongs to Getreadyalready, actually.

Yep, my jeep, but you're driving. And the F150 bullet-proofed, and the buddy's jacked up F-250 Diesel.

We got AK47's, 12 gauges, .380s, .45s, 7mm hunting rifles, B.O.B.'s, survival guides with pre-arranged rendezvous points, stored supplies, multiple fully stocked tool boxes, construction skills, farming skills, chemistry skills, combat skills, athletic skills, and most importantly, love-making skills!

Plus, we got inside G-men. We got me, and an FBI guy, a couple of police chiefs, Air Force E.O.D. guys and gals, ex-Marine's, folks in the Governor's office, and more importantly, we got some shady 1% biker characters to help along the way. We also got the moonshiners and the boggy boys from the swamps and hills around here.

Since I'm in N. Florida, GrandpaDaddyBareDave is in Kansas, some of my group is in Missouri/Arkansas/Kansas, and some of you lovely ladies are up in the Boston/Pennsylvania NE area, it looks like we'll migrate and set up our base in NW Georgia / NE Alabama. From there we will forage out and back randomly to avoid leaving trails or patterns of behavior. Headquarters will be entirely incognito, we won't stay there, and all resources will be buried each time we leave.

If it lasts long enough, we'll eventually network out to other groups for trading, information, and organized resistance against whatever took down civilization, but we won't ever join. We will be 100% autonomous, small, mobile, lethal, and FUN!! We are going to have so much FUN!!
edit on 9-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join