It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'll make sure to seek out 3 or 4 of my most healthy / attractive female friends/relatives after the SHTF and come over to your place.

As we all know, women are and always have been a valuable commodity, and as their representative, they may or may not be willing to stay in your village, depending on how well you treat all of us.

Your first reaction may be to weigh the cost of feeding / housing so many new people, but I'm sure that's going to be the last thing on the minds of the guards, and other village people.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Is that the reason I have to sleep on the sofa all the time? Yeah, I got a bad attitude, but it works for me.. and I don't get bothered with pesky little details much!

Then again, it might just be that crazy gleam in my eye... that doesn't go very well with the brush axe in interpersonal relationships!

Why can no one but me see the humor in going into a grocery store on Halloween night, buying a pack of razor blades and a bag of apples, then leaning across the counter and asking the cashier for a date?

It's just me, isn't it?

Snickers... naw
I went into our local "fleet farm"store bought a couple of fresh 110 conibear traps. the blonde teen girl(cashier)asks: So what kind of animals are you catching?"
caught me off guard:
"I uh don't know; nothing this season; really just like to have'em for"emergencies..." Then I got that same gleam and said:
"er...Small children;
I live near a school; keeps 'em out of the tomato plants.
Oh Crap! I forgot to grab a bag of snickers bars..."

I'mpretty sure she knew i was kidding..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Sounds too much like a pimp arrangement to me. I'd rather hit you in the back of the head with a ball-peen hammer, and steal your belongings.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

ummm just want to mention something... most of the girls I've slept with ummm say my member hurts them, i think you're lying about something in your statement there..... just saying... ha ha
edit on 10/8/2011 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am a brewmaster, so i can purify water, capture wild yeast, and malt barley, and i wouldn't leave home without a brewpot, so i have most of the equipment necessary, and i can make the rest from earthen or scrap materials.

I am a gardener, i know how to fertilize organically, irrigate, and harvest most forms of edible plants. And i wouldn't leave home without a big bag of seeds.

I am also well versed in the construction, and assembly of yurts.

I think the beer know-how could get me into most communities, as long as they're not mormon =)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Sounds too much like a pimp arrangement to me. I'd rather hit you in the back of the head with a ball-peen hammer, and steal your belongings.

Ah, well I never made claim that the Women were my "belongings", rather that they felt safe with me, and would establish themselves inside the community if I was allowed to stay.

Also, I think it would be unethical to kidnap the Women, and I doubt a majority of the community would condone the act of stealing women. Thus, either an arrangement is made to keep me with them, or the community would basically become a nest of bandits, and possibly lose many of its members due to not wanting to associate with thieves / killers.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It would be a necessity just as much as food and water. Woman can bear children. The best are chosen. Its natural selection. Its a basic needs for survival of the species. It could become savage though and women would be traded like fruit at the market. Clans could form and women abused and confined and no one would be able to "save you". Your clan may chose to respect women and embrace them into your army and allow a free partership lifestyle, doubling your army and creating super Sparta like fighting tribes to rule the world!

edit on 10/08/2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I'd be inclined to alone or in a small group. easier to stay hidden, easier to resupply and less chance of being dictated to by some compound overlord with a small army of goons.

If you mistreated me at the gate then i would either pick your guards off from a distance or, better yet (why waste my own ammo) Use the knowledge of the location of your compound to 'parlay' my way out of dangerous situations
You'd be just another resource for me to use to survive.
or you could be smarter and nicer and make friends with those that can offer trade and info, your choice.

I would move about alot, forage and scavenge what i could and trade for everything else.

In TSHTF situations you would be better off as far from other people as possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Ive fix this from my last post Video Working Now

(Goodbye 21st century hello Early 19th century )
The Visual of what could of happened if we were bombarded with EMP with the kill switch missing
if they ever made such a device ! With the Population we have The 3 trailers Above would become a reality

Escape From LA 13*

edit on 8-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Okay, I'll allow it. I'm riding in a Jeep though, so I can't come with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hey grace....this was a fun, imaginative thread...
Always interesting thinking about the "what ifs..."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cilvanus

Mmm...you can make beer??
Very useful and I'd like to see you "In."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well in that case your welcome to travel with me

I wouldn't even expect sex!
So my life would be pretty similar to what it is now

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Ah, well I never made claim that the Women were my "belongings", rather that they felt safe with me, and would establish themselves inside the community if I was allowed to stay.

Also, I think it would be unethical to kidnap the Women, and I doubt a majority of the community would condone the act of stealing women. Thus, either an arrangement is made to keep me with them, or the community would basically become a nest of bandits, and possibly lose many of its members due to not wanting to associate with thieves / killers.

What a beautiful sentiment.
Pity it's a fantasy.
Every community in the stated scenario would be a nest of bandits, if they weren't then they would quickly be over run by bandits and i sure as hell wouldn't want to be living in that place!

Any woman that couldn't defend herself would become someone's property, unless she was in a group where the women outnumbered the men.

Maybe several generations after the 'fall' there would be more peacful and civilized settlements but not in our lifetimes.

Check out most of modern africa if you want a good example...Somalia for example.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Raivan31 because: fixed typo

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I'd rather be a bandit. They have cool outfits and the guns. I'm just going to break bandit etiquette and shower regularly.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Ball peen hammer? YOU can't stay in my little camp away from home, either!

At least not with that hammer in your belt...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Raivan31

I'd rather be a bandit. They have cool outfits and the guns. I'm just going to break bandit etiquette and shower regularly.

lol. yeah, showering is one thing i would miss.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am a survivalist, i would not buy into your camp of death, no matter what you may have in there. I think it a trap. A hollow community with a overseer, over peoples that kick them out and do what they will to them. I will definately PASS and stay far away from such a death trap of enticements to draw you in for the kill and take whatever the people inside want from you. NO THANKS, i'm smarter than that. I do not buy into the trickery of falsehoods. I do have a bottle of this magic water that cures everything, want some? he,he,he,he,he

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh no, I am always prepared, is that a problem for you?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Well waht i meant by there aren't going to be alot of hotties running around is, alot of cute girls don't have general survival skill.

Ever been out camping with a girl.... oh theres a bug... uh oh... oh no theres a fish on my line ... You want me to put the worm on the hook....

Dude, you camp with the wrong girls. Must all be city girls. Here in Montana most of the hotties are as good in the woods as they are in a club.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join