It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pew Poll Has Ron Paul At 12%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The latest Pew Poll found Ron Paul to be at 12%, nearly tied with Herman Cain who is at 13%.

Here is a breakdown of the voters and their demographics:
Keep in mind that there are at least 12 remaining Republican debates, so based on those numbers a lot of things could happen.

Rick Perry could drop, making it a close three man race between Cain, Romney, and Paul. Or Cain and Perry could drop, making it between Romney and Paul. I really have a hard time thinking Ron Paul's numbers will drop though, because I haven't heard too many people who used to be Ron Paul supporters, but then one day said "Wait a second....I like War and the Federal Reserve, I'll vote for Mitt Romney".

On the other hand, there are lots of people who aren't really too passionate about politics, and don't really watch the debates or anything, so many of them will just vote for whoever they think has been portrayed as the best by the media. I think if every voting age American watched the debates and didn't watch any media coverage of politics at all, the poll numbers would be dramatically different from what we currently see them as.
edit on 6-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: TO edit my post

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just don't get it. Who are these fkn morons that are voting for Romney, Perry and Cain? I mean seriously, these people might very well be the dumbest meat truck drivers on the planet. How can anyone with half a brain not see through these phony corrupt losers?

I get maybe Romney and Perry because CNN only talks about them till their blue in the face, but Cain? WTF? Any American idiots that vote for the same ol crap as the last 12 years deserve what they get. This is just unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Wow herman cain is beating him, didnt know that. But I have to agree with you on how he would be better ranked in the polls if the media gave him a fair chance.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It's ironic that his least supportive demographic is "women". You would think that a man who delivered babies all his life would fare better with the ladies.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

It's ironic that his least supportive demographic is "women". You would think that a man who delivered babies all his life would fare better with the ladies.

LoL!

Well played!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodLifeGodLike

I just don't get it. Who are these fkn morons that are voting for Romney, Perry and Cain? I mean seriously, these people might very well be the dumbest meat truck drivers on the planet. How can anyone with half a brain not see through these phony corrupt losers?
I really don't know dude, it baffles me. IMO, anybody with half a brain who watches just one debate should easily notice that Rick Perry and Mitt Romney aren't the best choices at all, and won't really fix anything. I wish another criteria on the survey was "How many debates have you watched?", so we could see how a person's vote who knows what the candidates actually plan to do in office compares to somebody who just sort of coalesce's with the herd of sheeple and gets coralled by the MSM.

To be completely honest, I think many people aren't even intelligent enough to understand what Ron Paul is talking about. He's such a smart guy and he has so much to say in such a small period of time, either in his meager opportunities to speak at debates or during 5-10 minute interviews. So when people hear him going on and on about the issue at hand compared to rehearsed, phony lines that the other puppets have memorized, they're really not used to it and probably just naturally tune out.

I get maybe Romney and Perry because CNN only talks about them till their blue in the face, but Cain? WTF? Any American idiots that vote for the same ol crap as the last 12 years deserve what they get. This is just unbelievable.
I completely agree, America has completely lost it's course if people can't do something as simple as select the most viable presidential candidate to fix the problems in our country. I think it's a combination of ignorance, both of the Constitution and the reality of the issues at hand; stupidity because they just flat out can't even understand what the candidates are talking about; and media propaganda which has influenced them severely and conditioned them to think a certain way.
edit on 6-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
im sick of seeing polls because they dont really tell us stuff all
all i can say is if one of the current top 3 actually gets elected
you guys are f'd.
nothing more nothing less, all them guys are pure evil and i really see it as the end of times and start of something new and seriously dangerous
these guys are puppets, corrupt and cant tell human rights from the skull and bones leader penis in their arrrrse.
im sorry for you guys i really am.
and even tho ron paul is there i still cant believe how they would let one man actually change the world for good. what paul is saying goes against what they have been trying to do for centuries. i dont think one man can stop it, but i hope..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Just goes to show you that over Half the People in this Country are Freakin BRAIN DEAD . I see them everyday , SUV Drivin Soccer Moms living in their OWN Little Isolated World, Kids Adicted to Technology and Mind Numbing Mu Zak , Sports Fanatics who care more about their Fantasy Leagues than the REAL WORLD , Business People in Suits who think the World revolves Around them , Politicians who don't give a Rats Ahass about Anyone but themselves , Cops on Power Trips , Union Leaders who think ONLY Union Workers matter in the greater scheme of things, and lets not Forget the rest of the " Sheeple" sitting Home on the Goverment Dole eating Cheetos and watching daytime T.V. Talk about how Far this Country has Fallen , it just makes me Sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah, that lines up with all the other polls we've seen. It agrees with the reaction Ron Paul gets during the debates.

That's sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm not concerned about these meaningless polls. From what i can gather, about 2800 people were surveyed. This is not a signifigant number of people imo. Them damn romney fanatics skewed the poll again. If we do like orielly and take out the top three because of poll skewwing, Paul is the clear front runner.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I think this is a very accurate poll, closely to what I believe where the Republican candidates stand. I think this poll will is a prediction of what the 2012 Republican primaries may verywell end up looking lie.. you gotta ask yourself why Ron Paul is not gaining the majority of tea party support though.

Originally posted by Cuervo

Yes, I'm sure he knows what's best for all woman in the eyes of conservatives, since he wants to allow state governments to dictate and regulate their bodies. There are plenty of woman that don't mind this I guess, but most do mind this, and rightfully so.

To be fair though, this is the same for all republican candidates I guess, the abortion policy, but just touching back of what he "knows best" for women. I'm sure there are plenty of Ron Paul woman that could say otherwise, but what they wish to do with their bodies or whom they wish to get involved with their bodies should not apply to all women. Ron Paul will not reach into further votes if he continues to stubbornly stand on these policies, most of whom other republican candidates stand behind as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Yes, I'm sure he knows what's best for all woman in the eyes of conservatives, since he wants to allow state governments to dictate and regulate their bodies. There are plenty of woman that don't mind this I guess, but most do mind this, and rightfully so.

To be fair though, this is the same for all republican candidates I guess, the abortion policy, but just touching back of what he "knows best" for women. I'm sure there are plenty of Ron Paul woman that could say otherwise, but what they wish to do with their bodies or whom they wish to get involved with their bodies should not apply to all women. Ron Paul will not reach into further votes if he continues to stubbornly stand on these policies, most of whom other republican candidates stand behind as well.

So you're saying that women love,adore, and accept the absolute fact that federal government dictates and regulates their bodies? I find that hard to believe. At least if it were in the hands of the states abortion would have a fighting chance at being set to community standards.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Those who are against Cain have nothing to worry about, imo. His galactic hubris started to show after the Florida straw-poll and it will do him in eventually. He's already started mouthing off nonsense about Paul and the OWS'ers.
People as prideful as Cain always have something to hide and I suspect his closet is a veritable candy store of skeletons.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Really it's all ready over. Mitt wins.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
So you're saying that women love,adore, and accept the absolute fact that federal government dictates and regulates their bodies?

Where did I say this? Putting words into my argument are you? The ruling of Roe V Wade prevents federal and state governments from dictating the issue of abortion over woman. Ron Paul's view on abortion mirrors other republican candidates, but he wishes to go further where he wishes to allow states to dictate. Whatever your explanation or excuse is, his policy on this is an example of why he can never reach into other voter segments.

I find that hard to believe. At least if it were in the hands of the states abortion would have a fighting chance at being set to community standards.

Hold on, didn't you say in another thread that you believed that abortion should not be a states decision? Can you make up your mind, seriously? And as for leaving it to the communities, what a lot of BS. It took federal intervention to end slavery and racial segregation because some of the states, in particular, southern states, held governments that refused to change their policies what so ever. "Fighting chance" you say? Why must individual americans fight over what they do to their own bodies? Neither state nor federal governments have any business in dictated what a woman can do to her body, period, don't give me that "communities deciding" BS, it's just another excuse for mob rule over fundamental rights.

Bush, Reagan, they tried very hard to keep this issue as much out of the major campaigns after the primaries so as to gain as many votes as possible. Ron Paul will not win on this issue.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Sorry. I was using the Southern Guardian Tactic™ of twisting ones words and making it look like the exact opposite of what one actually, factually said. It was sophomoric, I know, but I learned from the best. Plus, it was fun.

But the federal government does have the absolute last say on what a woman can do with her body. Roe vs. Wade allows and permits women to have abortions. The federal government had the temerity to think it gave that right to them, as our government often does think that.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Sorry. I was using the Southern Guardian Tactic™ of twisting ones words and making it look like the exact opposite of what one actually, factually said.

This is your excuse? You accuse me of doing it to you before as an excuse and you have nothing to show for it? Atleast you admitted that you misquoted me.

But the federal government does have the absolute last say on what a woman can do with her body.
Roe vs. Wade allows and permits women to have abortions.

Roe vs. Wade restored the matter and decision of abortions to those of women, before governments decided to get involved in the early 19th century in this country. If there are women who are pro-life, they can make those decisions accordingly when they find themselves in a situation of an unexpected pregnancy, or assualt. Government (state and federal) wasn't involved from the start, and it should have stayed that way in the first place.

The federal government had the temerity to think it gave that right to them,

Again, the federal government restored the matter and issue of abortion to each and every individual woman, as it was at the beginning of this nations founding. Whether you're pro-life or pro-choice, you have the decision to decide which path you which to move to, you take self responsibility.

Not surprisingly, you're criticizing Roe vs wade, when before you insisted that your stance was always that states should not be given the power to decide on the matter. Unless I'm wrong? You still think that states shouldn't be given power over the matter right? Should I go back to your previous posts on this matter?

Going back to the OP, the abortion issue is but one example of why Paul fails to stand out from the others when it comes to election time, or when it comes to scientific polls. He doesn't do himself any justice in seperating his candidacy by sticking to the same old issues as other republican candidate. It shouldn't be surprising that he only got 12% despite all the hype about him on this thread, the only thing that really seperates him from the rest is his stance on the wars and the patriot act. Those may be significant issues to Paulers (they are to me, but the are one of many issues), but they are certainly not fundamental issues to voters at this point. These issues certain don't overrule the other policies that isolate him from the deciding voters.

If Ron Paul well and truly intends on gaining support and crossing the line to gain votes, if he intends to stand out, he'd review his policies and similarities to the grand old party. The wars, the patriot act, these are not defining issues that will gain him the edge on the other candidates. His last two elections should be evident... in 88' he got 2% of the vote, in 08' he got 4% in the republican primaries.

top topics

join