It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Rips Into Occupy Wall St Protesters, Calls Them "Anti-American"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain on Wednesday called the Occupy Wall Street protesters anti-American and anti-capitalistic. "Don't be jealous, don't be envious," Cain said as he signed copies of his memoir. "I don't have much patience for someone who does not want to achieve their American dream the old-fashioned way."

More than 400 people attended the event. The former head of Godfather's Pizza pulled up in front of the Barnes & Noble bookstore in a black luxury bus, and he entered the store to cheers and applause. After winning the Sept. 24 straw poll in Florida, Cain has seen his popularity surge, especially among conservatives.

He is showing well in many surveys, near front-runner and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who has raised more money. When asked about the thousands of people that have been protesting in lower Manhattan, Cain said, "They're basically saying that somehow the government is supposed to take from those that have succeeded and give to those who want to protest.

He added: "That's not the way America was built." Cain said people should instead protest the White House and President Barack Obama because the president has not created jobs. Bankers and others on Wall Street have created jobs, he said. "They're protesting in the wrong place," Cain said. "I'm not sure I know why they're there. If they're there because they are jealous of Wall Street and bankers and people who have succeeded, then they're there for the wrong reasons.

This country is based on people who achieve their dreams and work." He added that the protesters "should go figure out what America is all about."

I'm getting pretty sick of this guy. He clearly is out of touch with Americans. Downplays complaints about the Fed, while trying to hide his own connections to it. Ripped into Ron Paul supporters for their "annoying" questions about the Fed. Now rails against the protesters. You know Mr. Cain, what the average American deals with everyday, is more then the simply annoyances you talk about. This guy is clearly a puppet, and entrenched in the establishment. Cain scares me as much as Perry or Romney. Completely out of touch. He thinks this is all about jealousy. Wow.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 6-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Star and flagged. I don't think the occupy Wall Street protests will do us any good, but I have to hand it to them for at least getting off their butts and doing something about it.

As for McCain, he's just doing what he's told to do. Like 99.9% of the politicians out there.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He also said (paraphrase here) You don't have a job? You aren't rich? Blame yourself not the banks.

If Self-Reliance is American, these people obviously aren't.

Step out of your Statist bubble and you'll see that Cain has more in common with the people then you do.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Believe me, no one cares about what Cain says, he has no chance of winning the nomination. He is a hard core Capitalist with his own agenda, getting richer, just like his brotha Obama.

+76 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As a former board member of a Federal reserve Bank, I would expect no less from Mr. Cain.

And for those of you who may have forgotten... as apparently Mr. Cain has, this country actually did start out just like this... protests and dissent... or doesn't any one remember the revolution... and the economic inequities that gave rise to it?

"The refusal of King George III to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators was probably the prime cause of the revolution." Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father.

Say, Mr Cain; do you know to whom Benjamin Franklin was referring when he said "money manipulators?" You should .... since you're one of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nine nine nine is the new six six six.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
He also said (paraphrase here) You don't have a job? You aren't rich? Blame yourself not the banks.

If Self-Reliance is American, these people obviously aren't.

Step out of your Statist bubble and you'll see that Cain has more in common with the people then you do.

Yeah, everyone works at the FED not the Post Office. Had you listened to Cain in 2008 your stock would've flopped along with every other major bank. Fortunately, they prop themselves up by getting government to coerce the common folk, and pitch in via taxes. But aside from that, he's right in line with us.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Whoever cares what this would-be-bankster-shill has to say anyway?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You need a boot in ur ass herman kane.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
we dont even need to protest
the first big step to change the world can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/10/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

And it seems more and more are seeing it the same way as Cain.
Yep TPTB have the sheeple all thinking it's about envy and jealousy, Two hundred years of indoctrinization and it looks like they'll effectively # up this protest FUBAR...It's because that's what they are hoping to accomplish making the OWS a bunch of Jealous layabouts to the outside world, it's effectively working, too. We are lost I really hope that the market does crash at this point it's really our only hope.

edit on 6-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Herman cain represents everything that should be protested about...he rolls up in a black luxury bus...starts talkin' $#!% about american's standing up for their rights...is a complete bankster shill...supports the FED...and has the nerve to tell people that they are unamerican if they can't do things the "old fashion way"...sorry Mr. Cain, but the "old fashion way" and the "american dream" are long gone for most of us...

just goes to show how out of touch so many of these political shills are with the american people...it's disgusting...
edit on 6-10-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm getting pretty sick of this guy too!

Glad I didn't change my siggy banner after the Florida Straw Poll.

There is only 1 viable solution to our woes, and his name is Paul.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

And it seems more and more are seeing it the same way as Cain.
Yep TPTB have the sheeple all thinking it's about envy and jealousy, Two hundred years of indoctrinization and it looks like they'll effectively # up this protest FUBAR...It's because that's what they are hoping to accomplish making the OWS a bunch of Jealous layabouts to the outside world, it's effectively working, too. We are lost I really hope that the market does crash at this point it's really our only hope.

edit on 6-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

What really makes me mad, is that the protesters are simply labelled as, rich, white, college kids, who don't understand the world, and have nothing better to do with their time.

No, it's actually the generation which has had our entire future mortgaged, been taken advantage of my politicians, and are finally waking up to that fact, and speaking out about it. Sick of politicians attempting to "dumb down" the younger generation.

So we can fight wars for your false causes overseas, yet we don't get to have an opinion here on our home soil? If we do, we simply are jealous, and don't understand? No, we're fed up, and the numbers which are willing to speak up is growing every day.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Meh, pretty sure Stewart said it well enough when he spoke about the tea party last night.

People want to prosper. Not be BORN into a debt that keeps them down thier ENTIRE lives. Who cares if you have a nice car? I know many "well off" people who are in debt up to thier eyeballs. That is NOT the "dream" everyone speaks of.

articles.cnn.com...:HEALTH

a new study suggests that more than 60 percent of people who go bankrupt are actually capsized by medical bills.

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

"hey, it is a fact of life to be broke and in debt... However, if you are in debt and sick of it, you are lazy and un-American". MSM tells us that extreme debt is becoming impossible to avoide, whilst candidates for becoming the next POTA are telling us we are lazy and un-American if we say something about it.

Honestly, I think this is being encouraged by the federal government to usher in way stricter police states, and a massive loss of rights. Let's see how everything pans out.

If that many people are willing to camp in a park based on the fact that life is not held in very high regard, so be it. Let's all do our thing, and be aware. It is going to get violent, from the looks of it... This is not going to be avoided, I am sorry to say that.

edit on 6-10-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
S + F to the OP, this guy is a total bankers shill. I'd be surprised if his name makes the nominations. Funny how the thieves justify their own actions with pointing fingers and calling the people that actually keep this economy rolling "lazy".
edit on 6-10-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I agree with you. I mean it's true we actually have no voice and when we try to point to the obvious corruption, we are pointed at and told we are lazy, jealous, miserable people who just don't know what hard work is about? Really? So all those Vets that have their 99% signs are lazy? These are the most hardworking in our country the miitary and they are coming home homeless injured and with no job prospects. That's only one example!!!! But yet somehow these people are (TPTB) effectively silencing our voices. I don't know how. Man maybe the flouride is for mass brainwashing and control. (I never drink water from the tap I have a very limited intake, I'd gather a lot of us "Dissentors" probably consume less water then the rest of the population). If it's not that then I don't know what the heck it is. They are pretty effective at doing what they set out to do, Take our voices away and make us look as bad as possible!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I dunno about Cain, I have many questions about his plans and background...

but...

Shouldn't this "Occupy Wall Street" movement be protesting President Obama, who was brought and bought by Wall Street and the non-tax paying GE?

And some of these protest leaders like George Soros, Micheal Moore, and the union bosses are far richer (and support policies that destroy American jobs) than the actual Wall Streeters.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

the banking institutions dont have to work for money though, nor does the federal reserve or its beneficiaries.

the fed lends the banks money, who get to turn around and lend it to the serfs (american citizens) for a higher interest rate than they themselves borrowed it at.

also they get to borrow money from you or i, when you deposit it, and reinvest it for even more money. because of the sheer scale of their borrowing they can get much higher returns on their investments than you or i could with a $1500 available balance.

so what you say, take your 1500 and invest it into a business? unfortunately for the serfs, our investments arent backed by the full faith and credit of the united states.

so what it all boils down to is that the too big to fail banks are given money on a silver platter. the fact that they could fail at all is a testament to their profoundly incompetent, greedy, and corrupt executives, and government policy makers that allowed it to happen are complicit of course, and probably profited themselves, herman cain included.
edit on 6-10-2011 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join