It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Rips Into Occupy Wall St Protesters, Calls Them "Anti-American"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Why is there NO 'Occupy DC?'

There is an Occupy DC.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

It's a good answer, but still I see a lot of the competition between restaurants and these types of businesses turn into cannibalism, in the marketing sense. If my coffee shop puts someone elses coffee shop out of business, nothing has been accomplished in the grand scheme of things at all. Or if we both stay in business and share the profits maybe we wasted our time but it's not worth changing. But I do see how Cain's experience in that business can contribute to his ability to act as an executive. He knows what success and failure is all about and that is very American. I think you answered the question well. At the end of the day that gives him life experience and dealing with others, negotiating and leading.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
“Blame yourself, America.”
Your government has paved the way for corporations to grow to teetering heights, and these corporations have used this climbing leverage to manipulate the power, which ushered them into existence, acting as a clopidogrel bisulfate not allowing these loopholes to close. You cannot blame the banker for taking advantage of a system, which rewards thievery, monetary debauchery, and political enslavement. You cannot blame the politician, whom finds financial gain in selling his soul to the lobbyist that pays their eternal retirement, making the allure of maintaining a career political status ongoing, or for allowing the corporations who fund said lobbyist, who in turn fund said politician from being controlled like a marionette of lies and deceit.
Blame yourself.
You cannot hate the government or the politician for playing by the rules of the game. The “game”, as it were, is a flawed system. The Founding Fathers of these United States of America never intended the game to remain unchanged. The Constitution was, by design, supposed to be a living entity, evolving with the ages to best suit the times, a guide stone to future generations to rebuild the nation as needed.
Herman Cain was right when he said Americans were to blame, however, his reason for American fault are naïve and misguided. The game isn’t going to change on its own, and as sure as death and taxes, those benefitting from the status quo aren’t going to alter their meandering existences to fix this broken system when the system showers them with such material fare. There is no room for change in their reality, and no more room at the table for “normal folk.”
The change is up to you. It is you, the one reading these words, who has to be the catalyst to change that you have been desperately hoping for. Rally to the war cry, tear down this country brick by golden brick, and rebuild it to the shimmering Mecca of humanity that it was designed to be; a nation of many peoples, where all religions are tolerated, as well as the absence thereof, where every man carries the same worth, no matter his station, as his role in the mosaic of America is as important as any of his wealthier or wallowing brothers. A country where a man can scratch a living from rock and rise to a level of dignity, able to die a better man than he was born. The Constitution isn’t sacred. This country was founded by treasonous men; hell bent on changing their fate at the point of a bayonet, because they knew their future was shrouded in uncertainty if they didn’t act. Salvation doesn’t lie in the blood of Politicians and Bankers; it lies in the ashes of the Constitution, the archaic monoliths that have come to symbolize, falsely mind you, the American Monarchy that people believe has been torn to shreds by the talons of the rich. The time has come to stop kneeling to self-proclaimed kings, who sell you your own wages, steal your retirement, turn you away from your family estates, and time to remember that every man is his own king.
The time has come to act.
For if you do not, you have no one to blame but yourself.

edit on 6-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by MysticPearl

And it seems more and more are seeing it the same way as Cain.
Yep TPTB have the sheeple all thinking it's about envy and jealousy, Two hundred years of indoctrinization and it looks like they'll effectively # up this protest FUBAR...It's because that's what they are hoping to accomplish making the OWS a bunch of Jealous layabouts to the outside world, it's effectively working, too. We are lost I really hope that the market does crash at this point it's really our only hope.

edit on 6-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

More and More are seeing what's going on.

1. print money
2. build largest scariest military in the world
3. Enforce value of paper under threat of violence with scary military

If people demand peace and refuse war it is OVER for them. Period. Nothing will stop them except FULL ON PEACE and an end to all wars. They rule with violent domination. The whole global markets thing is for us to believe and be scared about our "lenders". Evil China is going to make us pay so off to WWIII.

I say they can KEEP their paper and weapons. If they must commit suicide they can be excused from the planet while the rest of us EVOLVE into the peaceful planet we were meant to be. PEACE is PROSPERITY.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
As a former board member of a Federal reserve Bank, I would expect no less from Mr. Cain.

And for those of you who may have forgotten... as apparently Mr. Cain has, this country actually did start out just like this... protests and dissent... or doesn't any one remember the revolution... and the economic inequities that gave rise to it?

"The refusal of King George III to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators was probably the prime cause of the revolution." Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father.

Say, Mr Cain; do you know to whom Benjamin Franklin was referring when he said "money manipulators?" You should .... since you're one of them.

Nice reminder of where we came from and why.

And to Herman Cain. If he thinks I'm anti-american, he can come to Occupy Austin
and suck my balls.

Suck my balls Mr. Cain.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

If That is the best that the GOP has to offer, well that sums it up.

They are grasping at straws from the quicksand.

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Some people would say they are very American:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

-United States Declaration of Independence

I am not a proponent of revolution, but maybe there are some things there that they can identify with.
edit on 10/7/2011 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
on the OP.
you gotta love the rich kid perspective this ass hat upholds.
Cain needs to walk a mile in real society shoes. people like him are most likely shielded from the real world eb and flow of life.

chump.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thank you for the information on him sitting on the FED.
He off my short list.
Herman Cain

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I actually think it is very fascinating how the whole thing is being orchestrated, I am not saying I like it but I think I DO understand it.

It's much like a pyramid scheme.... really it is.

I understand why so many youth are pissed off....I think lots of Americans *get it* You were all told all your lives to go to college or you'd never get a good job. Parents, teachers, government all indoctrinating an entire generation to BELIEVE this is what is needed. This generation grew up being spoon fed indoctrination in public schools WHILE their parents struggled and were reduced to *government subsidies* of some kind At the same time we were all becoming slowly addicted to **consumerism**.... On the surface they don't seem at all related but OMG they ARE!

We all see the education system is dumbing down kids and it gets worse with each generation...so there your generation is, totally sold on the consumerism of student loans and the ability to *buy THINGS* If your parents struggled they said...go to college, get a white collar job it's your best ticket to a better life!

But, now....we have scores of kids that have degrees but lack the ability to do the jobs they have studied to do WELL...ask ANYONE that does hiring, most trades can not find qualified workers if they are still hiring..... How come? Well because the degrees you paid so dearly for, or rather OWE so dearly for aren't worth do damn much and the odds are you will likely have to find something ELSE to do, at least for a while.

As this country prospered each generation of parents raised the bar on what is *middle America* so now we have a large amount of the current generation resentful and angry (understandably so) and screaming they are poor and in debt, and likely unemployed.

Well you also have MANY of this generation showing up for an interview, degree in hand and OFTEN ring in nose and tats on exposed skin.... because you were indoctrinated well...

Enter people my age (50) some who have given up on and turned their backs on consumerism as much as possible... We are the ones doing the hiring and we have sold most of our pretty shinys and are downsizing, maybe going back to roommate situations...struggling to stay above water. We have minimum toys and are old enough to understand if you want to hurt Wallstreet and send them a message you GOTTA quit buying their STUFF!! When we see a bunch of young adults with IPhones and laptops, the latest designer shoes and pants, back packs etc etc etc.... complaining they are POOR, possessing a college education (something many of my generation never could afford) with state of the art toys....the resentment begins on our part....

When we hear the same youth laying out the demands of this OWS group has and see the backers we CRINGE...for unless we are pretty dang liberal it tugs on ALL our soft spots from growing up in the Cold War... We see them talking on forums like this calling for a cracking of heads and revolution and some pretty wild stuff...

Some of us do actually take the time to talk and ask questions and I can tell you LOTS of what we hear is this can't can't can't can't attitude (back to your indoctrination, you CAN'T that's why you need Big Daddy Gov.) If I offer suggestions I get told instantly none of my ideas will work and I'm out of touch, perhaps retarded etc etc etc

We are a country divided worse than since the 60's by not just left/right but also rich/poor and young/old

I get this movement is about corruption, but they have the wrong enemy....and they are being duped by TPTB who are actually BEHIND this protest. The more time goes by the MORE and MORE it's looking like an Obama re-election campaign/rally

How can they hope to accomplish their goals by protesting the VERY people they want to hire them and keep selling all the pretty shinys?

Wallstreet problems are a byproduct of the problem. Wallstreet doesn't set interest rates or create inflation or DEFLATE the dollar....they work within those confines as layed out by the FED and Federal Government.... Most of the *evil corporations* haven't done ANYTHING illegal... so why be pissed at them? Why not pissed at the ones that manipulated the currency and made what is happening LEGAL???

Reason: No one is watching DC or the FED....totally distracted about the pretty shinys...if Wallstreet wont hire the college grads and sell cheap toys for them to buy they LOOK like the bad guy.... This protest has an agenda that the protestors have not been informed about....

Obama doesnt have a doodley chance of getting re elected without energizing his base, so he IS...and....if he can't energize the base enough to win...just let it go violent and out of control...that will be reason enough to declare, or try to declare martial law....if THAT happens, no more Constitution, no more phone calls or a lawyer....no more USA....and certainly no more pretty shinys for anyone except the Elite.... but the up side is when they come to arrest you, you wont need a smart phone as you won't get a phone call and certainly won't be able to afford a lawyer but oh well, you don't get one anyway...those old EVIL days will be gone!

Orchestrated.... and the youth have swallowed the bait, hook...line and SINKER

edit on 10/7/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well he just blew his campaign among those with triple digit IQ's.

Lucky for him there aren't too many around in the US judging by the candidates leading the polls.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Cain thinks that if you don't have a job, then you should blame yourself.

That's crazy, since I know a lot of people who lost their jobs because the factory moved to china.

Those jobs are not coming back, the power brokers have killed this country in their quest for more money.

Simply GREED.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm gonna love to see and hear his excuse when the primaries come up and he's eliminated.The look on his face when he realizes that the TPTB used him as the GOP's token black candidate will be priceless!
The guy seems to have a massive ego it's gonna be great!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

awesome. now the circus is complete. lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

So if we ignore the problems that the bankers create then we are the bad guys? maybe Cain should tell the Bankers to buck their ideas up.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

F**k you Herman Cain... you're pandering to nothing but FASCISTS... and your potential candidacy will die like Fascism.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
He's only echoing the statements I read here everyday on ATS. About people being able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get a Job. It's always rich people telling poor people to buck up their ideas and stop complaining, It just highlights how out of touch they are with the reality. It's as though they are unaware of a financial crisis and the meltdown that is happening before our very eyes.

Apart from Ron Paul, do the GOP have anyone capable of defeating Obama, coz from over the pond, the GOP has never looked weaker. Why has the GOP fielded such a week set of candidates? Is this the best your nation has to offer? And people mock OWS for not having a clue.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone saw this but its more cain talkin sh*t on cnn

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have been a conservative supporter of Cain since day one. However, I know what he was trying to get across but it is still poor judgement on his part and I am ashamed of the man for coming off like that. I thought he may have a chance but his true political colors are bleeding through now and I can't support anyone like that. I for one am glad he slipped up. I expect him to do more harm than good from this point on.

I guess there is no one left for me to support. Life goes on. Not the first time and won't be the last.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
In a way, he's stating it how it's always been. Let me explain.

Back during the mid-late 90s I lived in the US. I lived there for six years and it was during a prosperous time - the IT bubble, Clinton administration, etc. I wasn't fortunate to be one of those in a high-paid job - a lot of the work I did was temp work at $9 an hour. After spending six years around Americans, something bothered me enough to make me move away, but I could never really summarize it at the time. Since then, it became a lot clearer.

There was one strong underlying fact about the way almost everyone I met, worked with and interacted with behaved, but it was manifested in many different ways:
- an indifference to, or lack of want to know about things going on outside the country, state or even town
- a large number of people indifferent to, or in favour of capital punishment
- a strong need to hold onto gun ownership
- an indifference about other people, in general

This can all be summarized in a simple, short and easily recognizable phrase: "Every man for himself."

This is what I believe really didn't sit with the way I was raised and how I am comfortable living. But this is, in essence, what people really meant when they talked about "The American Dream."

What you're seeing now is the natural, inevitable outcome of living so long under the "every man for himself" philosophy. The difference now is that it has gotten to the point where enough people have realized the ultimate outcome. Let it go on longer and you won't be talking about 1% at the top. It'll be 0.1% and then 0.01% and eventually you'll be staring at a monarchy or dictatorship.

This guy is just speaking of the "american dream" as how it has existed for a long time. It's the "every man for himself" philosophy that the American people hold onto that needs to change if you don't want to continue down this path you're already on. But it might already be too late for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join