It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Rips Into Occupy Wall St Protesters, Calls Them "Anti-American"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And we were so close......
This movement is just like the Tea Party movement. What started out as a non partisan movement has been hijacked. Just like the Republicans took a stronghold within the TP, so the Democrats do the same thing with the OWS. If we stand back and look at this with open eyes and unbiased feelings, it becomes so obvious that this is just another ploy to divide us. Then, the outcome will be determined by emotional overload. All by design you see, The establishment escapes unscathed and gets exactly what they want by infusing every movement and playing both sides. The outcome is a division all the while subdueing the american people and distracting from the original cause. Why, why, why can't we see that this pattern is repeated over and over again?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

I suggest you save this post. There is a real possibility that you may be proven correct in the future.

People are too easily swayed by the glamour of celebrity. As the 'celebrities' arrive, we will see what it 'suddenly' becomes.

Right now the safety of the movement is in it's disparate messages. If the unions take over, it will likely become another political theater.... at the moment, their leadership is closest to the corruption.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
is this really a surprise ? the GOP represents the top 2% of the population

if you are a member of the lower 98, why would you vote republican ? it's voting against your interest. don't buy into the flag waving, baby kissing and rhetoric about family values and christian faith

that's all window dressing to win votes

look at their record in regards to legislation and taxes and budgets

they hate you

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Really?

Explain how voting Democrat is any different?

The to 2% don't represent any party, the represent themselves at all costs. The Republicans (theoretically) stand for Conservatism and Smaller government. That is a GREAT thing for us lower 98%, but in reality the GOP doesn't follow that mold, they just look out for their own interests. The Democrats (theoretically) stand for equality and social responsibility, but in reality they have shown time and time again that they only represent themselves.

You have unknowingly bought into the same false dichotomy.

The real party lines are the haves and the have nots. The workers, the takers, and the slackers. The doers and the wait and seers. Dem/Rep is an illusion to keep the 98% fighting amongst themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I never said vote deomcratic. I just think Mr. Cain expressed the true GOP sentiment for all to see. the republicans are stalling the economy to win the white house

it's treason

oh, and anti-american

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is this the same guy who was talking about so many blacks being "brain washed" ?

It sounds like his brain could use a good bathing to help straighten out his thinking .

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I don't agree with Cain or the Repubs, except for (see siggy below).

But, I don't think anybody is stalling the economy. The economy is dead. Been dead since at least 2008. This is a zombie economy with Obama controlling the puppet strings until he runs out of money. The only thing anybody is stalling is the deep depression and subsequent recovery. Lets get it over with.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Why is there NO 'Occupy DC?' Why no protest signage against Dear Leader? We are so being played...

I support Ron Paul...but I would vote for Herman Cain...anyone but Obama...who IS the candidate of choice amongst the sheeple of OWS. Dodd/Frank's banking maneuverings and manipulations created the 'hiusing bubble' that toppled that first domino...and ill ask again...why no ODC protests? Because 'Big Dim' (Soros, et all) is calling the shots. The protesters are just useful idiots.

As for Cain...well...he has successfully turned failing business models around. What has Obama done, other than give speeches; take vacations; and campaign.

Cain HAS created jobs...Obama has only concern for one job. His own.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Cain was a director for the Federal Reserve -

Cain is Un American

edit on 6-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Cain Actually headed the exact same institution that Ron Paul fights against

If it wasn't so absurd, it would be sad

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
....Oh my,i soooooooooo in the twilight zone.Some of these candidate running are complete FRUITCAKES!!!
...THIS GUY IS A TOTAL DOUCHE...he has every right to be one.

And DISCHARGED 77 this Cain guy is NOT related to OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!
...so stop it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

its not john mccain its herman cain!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Really?

Explain how voting Democrat is any different?

The to 2% don't represent any party, the represent themselves at all costs. The Republicans (theoretically) stand for Conservatism and Smaller government. That is a GREAT thing for us lower 98%, but in reality the GOP doesn't follow that mold, they just look out for their own interests. The Democrats (theoretically) stand for equality and social responsibility, but in reality they have shown time and time again that they only represent themselves.

You have unknowingly bought into the same false dichotomy.

The real party lines are the haves and the have nots. The workers, the takers, and the slackers. The doers and the wait and seers. Dem/Rep is an illusion to keep the 98% fighting amongst themselves.

Yep that is dead on. Very good summary of what politicians are all about.
They should not recieve pay (OR gifts ie monetary) at least not as much as we are paying them seeing as how they don't frikkin represent us!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by MysticPearl

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain on Wednesday called the Occupy Wall Street protesters anti-American and anti-capitalistic. "Don't be jealous, don't be envious," Cain said as he signed copies of his memoir. "I don't have much patience for someone who does not want to achieve their American dream the old-fashioned way."

More than 400 people attended the event. The former head of Godfather's Pizza pulled up in front of the Barnes & Noble bookstore in a black luxury bus, and he entered the store to cheers and applause. After winning the Sept. 24 straw poll in Florida, Cain has seen his popularity surge, especially among conservatives.

He is showing well in many surveys, near front-runner and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who has raised more money. When asked about the thousands of people that have been protesting in lower Manhattan, Cain said, "They're basically saying that somehow the government is supposed to take from those that have succeeded and give to those who want to protest.

He added: "That's not the way America was built." Cain said people should instead protest the White House and President Barack Obama because the president has not created jobs. Bankers and others on Wall Street have created jobs, he said. "They're protesting in the wrong place," Cain said. "I'm not sure I know why they're there. If they're there because they are jealous of Wall Street and bankers and people who have succeeded, then they're there for the wrong reasons.

This country is based on people who achieve their dreams and work." He added that the protesters "should go figure out what America is all about."

Yeah, you're right Mr. Cain. Rosa Parks should have written her congressman and all of those "sit-ins" in the 60's were just misguided youth disrupting legitimate "businesses" that were creating jobs. Those people were just jealous of others who had achieved the "American Dream" and succeeded the old fashioned way, by subjegating and exploiting millions of people for their own gain. While MLK was busy dreaming, he should have instead been figuring out what this country is all about...maybe then they'd of had a little more patience with him.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

he's just killing his chances left and right did a thread about him saying the economy and lack of jobs is the peoples fault what an arse

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

That is a great point. Herman Cain is basically saying Martin Luther King Jr. should not have been a dreamer with a vision. Instead he should have sucked it up and become a banker or maybe an insurance salesman and lived his whole life to make money and be a sellout to society.

That's right everyone, just live for money, that's what Cain is saying America is all about. It's not about freedom it's about selling yourself out, selling everything out to follow the status quo and make yourself marketable.

Cain has really shown his ignorance here. Let's be honest. It's not like his Pizza chain brought manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. or did anything significant. It's actually quite funny when people who start a commercial business, especially a restaurant think they are doing the economy and the world a service. What our country needs is manufacturing jobs. So what if you start up a coffee shop, that does not help the economy it just gives people a way to waste their money in the morning.

I'm done with Cain. And I let his comments about Ron Paul supporters slide. But this is way too out there. For a Black man to disrespect the civil rights movement in such a way, he has no idea what America is about. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It seems Cain was referring to the majority of them that appear to be against Capitalism and want shared wealth, which is basically wanting Communism. So yeah most of them are un-American and lack a work ethic.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

But how is it that people who provide commercial businesses feel like they have such a right to dictate about economics? If I open a massage parlor, something NOBODY needs. Even better, a tanning salon. Now I can call myself an entrepreneur. What have I done in the grand scheme of things economically. His pizza business falls under the same category. It's not on the same level as a steel manufacturer, or a car manufacturer, or even an agriculture business or energy business. I think there are good people in these commercial type businesses, but they should not put themselves in the same category as Henry Ford, which they ALWAYS do!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
once upon a time Americans Business Was Business which was completely american and completely capitalism

now those who seek to take control of that capital and redistribute that capital is all the other isms roled in to one ugly thing thats anything but constitutionalist or capitalist.

sorry but true i could play my detractors card and whip out the race card with cain that would be fun.

but alas dont really need to.
edit on 6-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
reply to post by Convicted

But how is it that people who provide commercial businesses feel like they have such a right to dictate about economics? If I open a massage parlor, something NOBODY needs. Even better, a tanning salon. Now I can call myself an entrepreneur. What have I done in the grand scheme of things economically. His pizza business falls under the same category. It's not on the same level as a steel manufacturer, or a car manufacturer, or even an agriculture business or energy business. I think there are good people in these commercial type businesses, but they should not put themselves in the same category as Henry Ford, which they ALWAYS do!

They dont think they have a right to dictate about economics. They have some added knowledge from years of failures and successes at creating/helping companies and what it takes to grow those companies. Many times when those companies grow they create additional jobs and wealth.

In the grand scheme of things you have done little by opening anything. However, if your tanning salon or massage parlor grows to the point that you can make more money then you spend and/or create jobs for your fellow human beings then you have done something worthwhile. Beyond that, if you are successful, there is a good chance it was due to the fact that your customers felt like what they paid you for your tanning or massage service was worthwhile and that you treated them well. All that seems worthwhile to me.

A car company is only more valuable to someone who wants a car at the moment. For someone who really wants a tan or a happy ending then your business would suffice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join