It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS 10/5 Massive Arrests, Police beatings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Zaanny

lets see them beat up fellow human beings when the government cant afford to pay them
then they will be on the side of the protesters

Will we let them join after beating us up over and over? I sure won't let a pig join after that. Their chance is now.

although i dont like police id be happy to let them join if they truely understood and supported the cause.
theyre not the only people being brainwashed and i thought it was the intention to wake up all people..
but your right if a cop has bashed someone its his personal responsibilty to deal with the consequences
edit on 6-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Jesus christ can you really blame the police? they're sitting there getting their picture taken thousand times per second. I'd be a little pissed off if that was me.

Did anyone catch the little old lady hunched over at the very beginning getting the first blow from officer in white shirt? lmao!
edit on 6-10-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
New video shows them attacking the reporters.

Meet Sgt. Brian Connolly of the NYPD

edit on 5-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
'

Look at these PIGS. The people pay their salaries, only to be beaten and sprayed by them like animals.

Those cops better cut the crap. It's become quite easy for identities of offending officers to become public info. They should think about their families before they decide to beat someone with their pig sticks!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah because only police have guns..... If he shoots one person all hell will rain down on him and it should.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

The funniest part, is the fact that they're down here in the bottom "99%" with the rest of us...
Those people are fighting FOR them, and they're beating em down.

Oh man this is getting exciting!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Beating someone is breaking the law.

So, police beating someone is breaking the law.

Police are supposed to uphold the law.

So the police are breaking their own code, and should be prosecuted for this.

Entirely too simplistic thinking. If someone is breaking the law, and then resisting arrest. Chances are the arresting officer will have to get a little rough.

Just turning someone over who has gone limp can hurt that person.

Maybe all the protesters should just walk up to the cops and say, “Arrest me…I dare you.” And when arrested, go along peaceably.

It’d overwhelm the system in no time.

Right out of the Pliven playbook.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

See the thing is that McDonalds has been letting protesters use the bathroom and even sleep in the lobby at night. So you see just because he was there does not mean he was there to buy anything but maybe was there to relieve himself.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Take that, free citizen! And that! and that! yeah! Freedom! taste it! spread it everywhere! lol!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Beating someone is breaking the law.

So, police beating someone is breaking the law.

Police are supposed to uphold the law.

So the police are breaking their own code, and should be prosecuted for this.

Civil disobedience isnt breaking the law?
I'm for the protestors but what do you expect a cop to do just sit there when they are bum rushed?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yes. Stop supporting the corporate and banking structures. Get rid of the credit cards, screw your bank, deal in cash and buy from local businesses. If the Occupy movement can have that strength of resolve then we may get some where..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What a paradox man, the police are beating people for money ( and for fun i'm sure..) yet the people are protesting to change the way currency is handled in this country... How will the police feel if the protesters get what they want and the police don't get the money they were expecting?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have usually been on the same side of the fence with your posts. But I think this one might be different

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I think that the military will turn on the people if ordered to do so. It is sad but I think that is the state of affairs these days

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by JBA2848
New video shows them attacking the reporters.

Meet Sgt. Brian Connolly of the NYPD

edit on 5-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
'

Look at these PIGS. The people pay their salaries, only to be beaten and sprayed by them like animals.

Those cops better cut the crap. It's become quite easy for identities of offending officers to become public info. They should think about their families before they decide to beat someone with their pig sticks!!!

Who was the speaker at the 2:53 mark? And where was the "attack" on the reporter? All I seen was the "reporter" getting in the way of the Police doing their jobs, then soon as he identified himself the police left him alone.
You threatening the lives of these Officers families? Is this what were supposed to take from the "peaceful" protesters?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wonder if any of these people with "revolution" signs are willing to give there lives or take a life in the name of revolution? Prob not since they're all tree hugger hippies.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

What does a "tree hugger hippie" look like? Certain people keep seeing them, and as hard as I look I can't find one.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A couple of years ago at a protest over the Gaza blockade and bombardment, myself and some friends were rushed by some cops and clubbed. It was 4 of us, while 300+ watched 15-20 cops like they were an army of 10,000. From that point on I made a promise to myself that if I'm at a protest where we outnumber police, and somebody gets beat, I'm going in. Cops abuse their little tiny bit of power then they truly deserve to have the people reprimand them. All that dumb # for a measly $18-25 an hour. Stupid ass cops are among the 99% too they're just too brainwashed to see it.

I would proudly go to jail for "instigating and executing violence against an entire police force" and my argument would be valid.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
reply to post by Zaanny

Seems to be like China or Egypt, or tuinisia where they target first the media so the world cant witness there nonsense doggish behaviour

Your seeing it here on ATS. so this proves it isn't a hidden event. I'm sure some of the more unruly protestors were stirring the pot so as too provoke a response.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindweaver

Originally posted by Anusuia
reply to post by Zaanny

Seems to be like China or Egypt, or tuinisia where they target first the media so the world cant witness there nonsense doggish behaviour

Your seeing it here on ATS. so this proves it isn't a hidden event. I'm sure some of the more unruly protestors were stirring the pot so as too provoke a response.

Any average joe with a cell phone can get a video for youtube, but that's not MEDIA on the level he's talking. It IS hidden. Have you seen these beatings on CNN? Fox News? No, therefore it is hidden to the majority of Amerikans. you have to seek this stuff out, otherwise you will never know it's going on.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I was imagining such a scenario while watching video of the abuse. Solidarity among the protesters could be taken further. Protesters should also pledge to not use credit cards or support the corporate structure in any way.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I don't understand why people become "top level obedient citizens" when fighting BACK is brought up ya know?

It's like a kid getting a spaking: when that spanking becomes a beating, and that beating goes too far, the kid is naturally gonna either run, grab the arms of his parent, duck, dodge, or something. But when it comes to police, we PLANK!??!

ETA: that damn billy club hurt like HELL too so you better believe I'm willing to fight back if it happens again. I've been attending the general assembly for Occupy Atlanta and it's been growing pretty well.
edit on 6-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join