It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS 10/5 Massive Arrests, Police beatings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I wonder if any of these people with "revolution" signs are willing to give there lives or take a life in the name of revolution? Prob not since they're all tree hugger hippies.

I see you point...maybe you can extrapolate upon that thought, and explain how Ghandi used machine guns and heavy bombers to change Indias future. Then explain how Martin Luther King Jr changed America by wielding a sawed off shotgun.

People like you should start your own violent revolution, if thats what you want.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

don't forget how Rosa Park blew up that city bus.

then Martin Luther King burned down Washington.
edit on 6-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Lets not forget how Susan B Anthony stormed the capitol building with a cowboy revolver, and Lewis Sinclair screamed "The sword truly is mightier than the pen!" as he plunged a samurai sword into corporatists chests.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

And Harriet Tubman killing slave masters wherever she could find them to free the slaves...

*sigh* i love a good ole fashioned peaceful revolution..

edit on 6-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I'm hoping that law enforcement will feel solidarity towards the protesters and finally execute what their job duties should be...service to the people. But until that time we all need to look out for one another. I'm female, 110 lbs, but if I saw another person being bludgeoned I would do whatever necessary to protect that person.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

in my workplace we work with a few police officers. i'm telling you, those dudes fall under 2 extremes: completely brainwashed .. or completely down to shoot up the station, and all who oppose the people.. NYPD seem to only fall under the first extreme..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Probably something like this

The cameras always focus on the unshaved, shaggy hair people of this movement....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

isn't that what media is trained to do? go after the most absurd looking individual and air the interviews and footage of the biggest fools of the day?

antoine dodson = PRIME EXAMPLE

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

I wonder if any of these people with "revolution" signs are willing to give there lives or take a life in the name of revolution? Prob not since they're all tree hugger hippies.

I see you point...maybe you can extrapolate upon that thought, and explain how Ghandi used machine guns and heavy bombers to change Indias future. Then explain how Martin Luther King Jr changed America by wielding a sawed off shotgun.

People like you should start your own violent revolution, if thats what you want.

-America is loaded with weapons
-We're not Hindus, who culturally are peaceful people (ghandi remark)
-Compared to the days of MLK this country is FAR more militarized, The police are NOT what they used to be.
-99% of revolutions have been violent, to ask for revolution and think it will turn out like the 1% of peaceful protests is pretty foolish.
-Violence is a universal language understood by all, confused by none. Sorry but holding up revolution signs will not do anything, at least not in this country.
- All of you know damn well that mlk and other civil rights activists did not desire revolution. Why are you comparing apples to oranges?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I'm not threatening anyone, I am stating a truth.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

-Compared to the days of MLK this country is FAR more militarized, The police are NOT what they used to be.
-99% of revolutions have been violent, to ask for revolution and think it will turn out like the 1% of peaceful protests is pretty foolish.
-Violence is a universal language understood by all, confused by none. Sorry but holding up revolution signs will not do anything, at least not in this country.

1) ghandi was up against armed foes as well
2) they are culturally peaceful and THEY WON
3) umm, I recall my mother telling me stories of how bad water hoses hurt her, and how it felt to be chased down the street by blood thirsty police dogs, and to be called "'n-word' bitch" over, and over, and over again.
4) so just because things generally go a certain way means they ALL have to go that way?
5) no it's not - compassion, and empathy are. women and children who get abused by grown men DON'T UNDERSTAND so where is that "understood by all" in that situation?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

1) ghandi was up against armed foes as well
2) they are culturally peaceful and THEY WON
3) umm, I recall my mother telling me stories of how bad water hoses hurt her, and how it felt to be chased down the street by blood thirsty police dogs, and to be called "'n-word' bitch" over, and over, and over again.
4) so just because things generally go a certain way means they ALL have to go that way?
5) no it's not - compassion, and empathy are. women and children who get abused by grown men DON'T UNDERSTAND so where is that "understood by all" in that situation?

Ok lol good luck with your peaceful revolution, let me know how it goes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wonder why the NYPD TARU units that work with NYPD and counter terrorism who video broadcast to the command centers with the video cameras they hold have private security details protecting them.. Isit Blackwater? NYPD TARU units wear tan pants and ussually a blue jacket that says NYPD TARU. You can see them in this video starting at 1:15 seconds into the video. The Private Security detail has his hand on the NYPD TARU guys back. This is to let the TARU guy know his body gaurd is behind him and protecting him. If the NYPD TARU guy is a cop why does he need a body gaurd. Are we giving cops body gaurds now. I thought thats what they were supposed to be the protectors?

Heres what the TARU guys look like.

edit on 6-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Well, so far it appears to be going better than your violent one. How big was your last armed raid on government installations? Will you soon be the leader of the Free City of Cincinatti? Maybe youve got bloodlust/a deathwish, dont mean we all have to.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

and good luck tryna aim your rifle away from your own sympathizers when the crowd gets mixed up....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wow. Wake up my friend. Non-violence is not pacifism. It is taking the moral high ground. It is not lowering yourself to the tactics of your opponent. It is simple common sense, especially considering the nature of Police State tactics.

The Police State has been trained in and understand only one thing... FEAR. The Police State answer's words and voices with billy-clubs, beat-downs and instilling as much pain as they can get away with. How many times can you beat an unarmed innocent average person into submission with a baseball bat before you start to question your own morality? It must feel like beating a child or kicking a loyal dog. I'm sure that every night they struggle with their own guilt as the miracle of post-traumatic-stress works it's magicke.

This is why non-violent protest have worked throughout history. But, there is nothing peacefull about them.

The protesters are showing more courage than an armed policeman ever will. IMHO cops are nothing but a bunch of cowards with badges, guns and clubs. Correction... not cowards... bullies... (Anyone who's ever dealt with the latter knows they are nothing but the former in disguise.)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
amazing videos keep me coming i might head up to louisville this weekend and check out the occupy louisville protests

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I'm all for peaceful protests, but what they didn't show in that you tube clip was what preceded the action by the police.

The police were standing behind a barricade when the crowd of protestors tried to rush it. They violently pushed the barricade towards the officers. There was no reason for it. The police had to stop it before it got out of hand. There are an awful lot of innocent people living and working down there who need to be able to walk on the streets. The police need to protect them too.

If the protestors didn't get violent first, the police wouldn't have taken any action.

Thanks for that context. That does help explain what led up to and prompted the activity the clip shows. It's amazing how the very same behavior can appear totally out of control and brutal or an unfortunate escalation of events in reaction to developments all based on what moment a video starts and stops.

I'll continue to hope this all ends well and before some very well intentioned people get hurt in an event they lose control of as other groups start joining to push their own agendas.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

You are right! I want to see the build up to this. There are professional protesters involved in this, and they surely have plenty of experience from other protests, they stir things up. I watched that one woman on the Bridge egg the protesters on to walk on the bridge after the cops told them not to, and then they wonder why they are getting arrested. Code Pink was there the first day, and likely still involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join