It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS 10/5 Massive Arrests, Police beatings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah because only police have guns..... If he shoots one person all hell will rain down on him and it should.

Agreed... Something else to consider and add in what you say. In New York, you're right. The police are the ones with the guns. If they get bum rushed by the crowd and lose the fight, some very emotionally wild people with absolutely no training and no self control in the riot situation then have the guns.

The police MUST use any force it takes to insure that scenario never happens down there and they never lose the fight. A lot of innocent people would wind up shot out of pure stupidity, not to mention intentional actions....if that were allowed to occur.

If an average person loses a fist fight, broken noses result. If a cop loses a fist fight, gunshots result. If a few dozen cops lose a physical fight, armed rioting in the heart of a major U.S. city results.

Just something to keep in mind when either challenging the cops in a SERIOUS way or...watching how they react to others doing it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Nobody is being fooled here. It's obvious the protestors caused the actions. Lying just makes the protestors look worse than they already do. The whole country is either laughing at them or disgusted by them.

I support peaceful protest fully, even if I don't agree with the protestors. But when they act like that, they loose me and pretty much any rational person I think.

My god, these people don't even have a coherent message. To make that far worse they got involved with MoveOn, Soros and Van Jones. I thought they were opposed to the establishment, rich folk and those in power. So why are they in bed with all of the above? Phonies? I think so. If Soros and his flunkies are involved they are running the show.

Sad that so many on ATS can't see that for what it is. Sadder still that many of the protestors don't realize who it is that they are being lead by.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why is george Soros the right-wing boogeyman? The hard right sees the puppet master soros at work everywhere, manipulating things and pulling the strings.....so why doesnt he ever have any good press? You would think a puppetmasters first step would be to make a media empire.....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

You know what? Anyone referring to the cops as PIGS, in my book, already has a biased view of police as law ENFORCEMENT Officers designated to do a job. I may not agree with individual actions, and I certainly don't wish for a police state, but I have respect for law officers in general.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So the Unions get involved and suddenly there's a buildup of real violence. I'll take the protests of the young idealistic kids doing the livestreams over the SEIU thugs who love beating ppl up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Why is george Soros the right-wing boogeyman? The hard right sees the puppet master soros at work everywhere, manipulating things and pulling the strings.....so why doesnt he ever have any good press? You would think a puppetmasters first step would be to make a media empire.....

Imagine you were Jewish person during WWII Nazi Germany, and this 14 yr old kid works for the Nazis and comes and takes your family's wealth at gunpoint....that is Soros' legacy of working for the Nazis. I am not convinced his heart is in the right place. He has said in public interviews that he has no remorse over it. I bet he has no remorse for ruining British currency either.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Imagine you were Jewish person during WWII Nazi Germany, and this 14 yr old kid works for the Nazis and comes and takes your family's wealth at gunpoint....that is Soros' legacy of working for the Nazis. I am not convinced his heart is in the right place. He has said in public interviews that he has no remorse over it. I bet he has no remorse for ruining British currency either.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

What do either of these things have to do with occupy wall street? Even if he did those things, they are not evidence he has anything to do with American economic policy.

as far as rich, creepy old men, im more worried about rumsfeld, cheney and the bush family criminals. THese men had a direct influence on wall street. Bush2 started the bailouts.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by JBA2848
New video shows them attacking the reporters.

Meet Sgt. Brian Connolly of the NYPD

edit on 5-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
'

Look at these PIGS. The people pay their salaries, only to be beaten and sprayed by them like animals.

Those cops better cut the crap. It's become quite easy for identities of offending officers to become public info. They should think about their families before they decide to beat someone with their pig sticks!!!

Sounds like a threat to me. And it's a baton, not a "pig stick".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
anybody who took the time to watch the video at Malhuia's link would know this thread is B.S. and the protesters were anything but peaceful. People interested in watching should go here:

www.myfoxny.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by evs490

Not according to RT, those Protestors were attacked for no reason. But you stick with your biased media and I will stick with mines oks.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree completely. Idiotic behavior clearly. Quite shameful all the way around. So many people are going to get hurt and so many are just waiting for an excuse to get it started. Blind leading the blind. I can't support that type of behavior. The whole movement has been jacked up from day one in my opinion. I can't even stand to watch this crap anymore because so many people are getting hurt and are going to get even more hurt as it goes on.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Occupy Seattle.....they have permits for protests at the Westlake Park which is centrally located in downtown Seattle; and (City Hall Plaza) has been made available for those who want to stay overnight...which is also in downtown Seattle... these permits are setup for 2 weeks.....at the end of the 2 weeks...they will look at the situation...and decide what to do. The Mayor of Seattle announced this.

Link: occupyseattle.org...

I live in Seattle...so that is why I am posting about Seattle. In NY they have permits too...right? Does anyone know?

edit on 7-10-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
REVOLUTION!
Ah yes, the power of persuasion. Wall Street has paid a pretty penny to buy these boys in blue, and they’re performing to the upmost of their acquired abilities. Not too long now till the peaceful demonstrators become a ravenous mob, unquenchable by anything short of justice. Revolution is returning to America, boys and girls, but do not fear, it’s all part of the plan. Pretty soon, subservient citizens are going to start an eye for an eye campaign and policemen across this great land are going to have to make a very important decision, you are either with us, or you are against us. Will the corporate donations buy back your soul when the body count begins to rise, will it protect you from the vastly uneven numbers when the movement reaches its apex? Choose, but choose quickly, and wisely. The tide is turning on the elite. The lines have been drawn. The time has come to see who will cross first.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
watching this i cant help but think of my children and their questions of life, the cops kids asking why did you do that daddy? "well you see I have to beat down the people if they are in front of me and it is their fault they got within my reach , I am trying to make sure you have no future and are completly obedient that is why I have to beat your mother , bother ,sister so if you have any freedoms left when you grow up don't blame me" but daddy i thought you loved me? " I do love you thats why I hurt you

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

not sure what "RT" stands for but you clearly did not watch the video since it shows the protesters surging towards the barricades. Unless this local news agency is a master of CGI or created a very hoax using real actors i dont see how you can call media biased on this one. Sure his words may be biased but there is no biased in actual video evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But also that force has to be balanced and not used just for the sake of "because we can use it." One thing to remember is when the S really HTF in Egypt.

By then the police in Egypt had become pretty well hated by most of the everyone protesting. Respect for them had gone long ago, and fear became the main reason they were obeyed. But once they lost a few fights the fear was gone.

That's why when the crowds really came out the cops were nowhere to be found and it was up to the army. Police had long since lost any respect or good will of most Egyptians - and then fear of them was gone too.

As you say - the police have to win. I agree. However, what I'm saying is there is more than one way to win (or prevent) a conflict. Sometimes it seems like when you have big stick everything suddenly looks like something that needs hit . But that isn't a good way to ensure you always win.

Think of cops as a schoolyard bully in one respect - they have to win every conflict or their power is gone. However, they are vastly outnumbered. The bully relies on force and fear to win - as sometimes do the police. But, if those are the only tools ever used they are bound to lose sooner or later and when they do it will be really bad because no one will stand with them.

Force might should be the last tool used, instead of the 1st or 2nd.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by evs490
anybody who took the time to watch the video at Malhuia's link would know this thread is B.S. and the protesters were anything but peaceful. People interested in watching should go here:

www.myfoxny.com...

Great, another one throwing something like fact into a situation.
Don't know what more to say, it's in the video, the crowd surged the Officers did their jobs. No big deal.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The protesters provoked this.
Obviously. At the end of the video,
The guy said thanks to the cops for *attending*
there show to attract media attention.

You keep on encouraging this kind of stuff and see how it goes...

The cops will WIN trust me...

If you want to attract media attention by getting beat with
a knight stick and provoking cops, I think you are part of the problem..
They are trying to get media attention by purposely breaking barriers, and provoking the cops.
THAT is NOT WHAT OWS is about..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As you say - the police have to win. I agree. However, what I'm saying is there is more than one way to win (or prevent) a conflict. Sometimes it seems like when you have big stick everything suddenly looks like something that needs hit . But that isn't a good way to ensure you always win.

Force might should be the last tool used, instead of the 1st or 2nd.

I sure can't find much to argue when you put it that way. In looking at the riots in England, I think we all commented on how a similar situation would result in widespread casualties and likely fatalities. There is a vast difference in how to do the policing, as you say.

I can't help but agree that it would be nice to see a nice balance somewhere between the unarmed police in Europe and England vs. what we too often see as decked out storm troopers here in the U.S.. Surely there is a happy medium there somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join