It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

OWS 10/5 Massive Arrests, Police beatings

page: 1
29
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Looks like NYPD is out in RIOT gear...






^ Laughable at the officer saying " I'm just doing my job"

Here is a NYPD scanner feed for all you that wanna listen live

NYPD Police Scanner

Here is some footage from the paddy wagon......


edit on 5-10-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)



This one is a good one of a NYPD cop bragging about what he is gonna do with his night stick.....



Fox reporter maced
edit on 5-10-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Turns out some of the people inside the paddy wagon are from the media team on the ground documenting the situation.....

Seems all most like they targeted them....
edit on 5-10-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny
 


you know what gets me. all the people standing around watching 5-0 beat people without doing anything about it. This also kinda gives me a answer to a question I have. " Will the military shoot unarmed American's under order."



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny
 

lets see them beat up fellow human beings when the government cant afford to pay them
then they will be on the side of the protesters



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Doesn't look good. But we would really need to see th build up to this. Doing what the police tell you to - IE Get onto the pavement and off the road, does tend to stop you from being beaten and arrested. If that is possible, of course.

I am not defending the police. I totally support the OWS movement, and I have seen already many other videos of police being brutal towards the protesters over the last 2 weeks. They react with too heavy tactics, they are not honest, and they are verging on the sort of behaviour we see (and the US condems) in the middle east.

Not acceptable.

But I would like to see more video to know how this came about. Without context we all need to be very carefull about what we read into these short video clips.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ahh yes thank god someone got the paddywagon video I was just justwatching that that video and the police brutality from tonight needs to spread.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I personally do not like the protesters but it is only fair to present information especially since they have now come to my area. Jacksonville, FL is just about 10 miles north of my home and now they will be here.

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation

Apparently the protesters are not permitted to camp at Hemming Plaza, a public park.

Local OWS will be invited live onto the local WOKV Channel 4 news station Friday between 6:30am - 7:30am.

Like other protest events no form of mic will be permitted, not even a roll that holds toilet paper.

OccupyJax



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I personally do not like the protesters but it is only fair to present information especially since they have now come to my area. Jacksonville, FL is just about 10 miles north of my home and now they will be here.

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation

Apparently the protesters are not permitted to camp at Hemming Plaza, a public park.

Local OWS will be invited live onto the local WOKV Channel 4 news station Friday between 6:30am - 7:30am.

Like other protest events no form of mic will be permitted, not even a roll that holds toilet paper.

OccupyJax

legal mumbojumbo like this is part of what they are fighting against
who says they cant be there, governmental permission is just as made up as money.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm all for peaceful protests, but what they didn't show in that you tube clip was what preceded the action by the police.

The police were standing behind a barricade when the crowd of protestors tried to rush it. They violently pushed the barricade towards the officers. There was no reason for it. The police had to stop it before it got out of hand. There are an awful lot of innocent people living and working down there who need to be able to walk on the streets. The police need to protect them too.

If the protestors didn't get violent first, the police wouldn't have taken any action.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

bahahahahaha
male cop says to female cop:
'my nightstick is gunna get a work out tonight'
get it?



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Isn't this the first day a bunch of Labor unions joined the folks?

With the amount of cameras shown in the first clip, I certainly hope that we can get the full context of the who what why's and how this situation came to a head to require the Police to use physical force to try and gain control of what appears to be situation lacking control...

I hope everyone there can stay safe, and keep their senses.. and by all means be on the look out for "new" folks hanging around trying to incite trouble.. I don't want to see anyone on any side of this get hurt, maimed or worse.

Fingers crossed that cooler heads prevail.



edit on Wed, 05 Oct 2011 22:08:48 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I'm all for peaceful protests, but what they didn't show in that you tube clip was what preceded the action by the police.

The police were standing behind a barricade when the crowd of protestors tried to rush it. They violently pushed the barricade towards the officers. There was no reason for it. The police had to stop it before it got out of hand. There are an awful lot of innocent people living and working down there who need to be able to walk on the streets. The police need to protect them too.

If the protestors didn't get violent first, the police wouldn't have taken any action.



Well you also got to look at it this way. When that cop's paycheck bounces ( and it will one day.) he will be on the other side of that line. he better start making friends now not enemies.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn
 

Actually, the protestors should be making friends with him because when the day you described comes.... he'll still have his gun!



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia
 


And it will be the last time he ever used it.......



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny
 

I was joking - hence the wink!



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny
 




This is riot gear. I didn't see any. I suppose I could have missed it.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I'm all for peaceful protests, but what they didn't show in that you tube clip was what preceded the action by the police.

The police were standing behind a barricade when the crowd of protestors tried to rush it. They violently pushed the barricade towards the officers. There was no reason for it. The police had to stop it before it got out of hand. There are an awful lot of innocent people living and working down there who need to be able to walk on the streets. The police need to protect them too.

If the protestors didn't get violent first, the police wouldn't have taken any action.



Thanks for that - I had mentioned in my post abov I wanted to know what hapened before hand before making a jugement. Like I said:

"Without context we all need to be very carefull about what we read into these short video clips."



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

If the protestors didn't get violent first, the police wouldn't have taken any action.



If wall street had not gone violent on the American dream then the people would not have to be taking action.

It has begun.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
New video shows them attacking the reporters.



Meet Sgt. Brian Connolly of the NYPD




edit on 5-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ive been planning on heading down there tommorow... Seems like it will be interesting to say the least...

Who cares if people "rush" a public area? Where is the footage of the pretext? Even still that does not deserve being beaten down and arrested...



new topics

top topics



 
29
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join