It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS 10/5 Massive Arrests, Police beatings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yep, the Unions are involved.

And it will get worse.

And the poor OWS protesters will be the union puppets.

I can hear Trumka now. "Dance, puppets, dance. It furthers our agenda.
"
edit on 5-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That cop is swingn that stick look at him..... if only someone coulda popped him one in the face.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Looks like NYPD is out in RIOT gear...

I didnt see any mass arests or cops in RIOT gear.

isnt this a bit of a stretch Zaanny?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how non-violent protestors are continually being beaten down by those whom are supposedly sworn to protect and serve?

Welcome to the Police States of America, whose goal is to rewrite the preamble of the Constitution to:

"We the one percent, in order to form a more profitable union, establish injustice, ensure domestic domination, provide for the common control, promote general obedience, and secure the blessings of obsene-income to ourselves and our descendents, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Police States of America."

When 1% of the country control 90% of the wealth and 100% of the politicians... something is wrong. Things continue to heat up, but we are not leaving the kitchen. For every blow you strike against innocent civilians, ten more citizens decide to attend an Occupy rally in their local region. Keep the faith my fellow Americans. Your efforts have not been in vain.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

In the evening, crowds surged past barriers and NYPD officers moved in to contain the protesters. By many accounts, mayhem broke out.

If your demonstration is peaceful, and the police are not bothering you, why do you need to rush the barriers?

www.myfoxny.com...

Took me a while to find the video. But, one more question - Do you know how much this is costing NYC taxpayers in overtime pay? Do you realize whose pockets that's coming out of? Not Wall Streets because by the way - the bigwigs, who really run Wall St. - are all up in Greenwich, CT.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

They can do all the marching and chanting they desire. That is peacefull protesting. When you start to rush police barriers that is an assault. Far from peacefull. What you guys expect the cop to do when there's a wave of violent people rushing him? Hand out flowers???

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Seems to be like China or Egypt, or tuinisia where they target first the media so the world cant witness there nonsense doggish behaviour

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Right and fox news does not lie. If the reporters were right there, where are the pictures or the video. As far as i can tell this video on this thread is not from the journalist from fox news, although i could be wrong. What i do know is that from the video is that we cannot tell what ignited all this.

Another thing i do know is that the news has been caught reporting misinformation. Here in Portland they have at least.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Seems the cops are wanting to do a shut down of the protest?

plus.google.com.../posts

Michael Mozart - 12:34 AM - Public

Attention! Still on the Scene at "Occupy Wall Street" Police ARE going to Storm the Park tonight. Protestors, Many Asleep will be given 5 Minutes to gather their belongings and Leave or be Arrested.

The Cops here in McDonalds warned me NOT to go Back into the Park

Stay Tuned! I'm ready to Film or Send Live Video if I can. I found a Supporter with a 4G wifi Hotspot Phone. Uploading an Interview to theToyChannel on YouTube of the Five Arrests an Hour and a Half ago

I couldnt get close but got a first hand witness account that will make you cry!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by morder1

In the evening, crowds surged past barriers and NYPD officers moved in to contain the protesters. By many accounts, mayhem broke out.

If your demonstration is peaceful, and the police are not bothering you, why do you need to rush the barriers?

www.myfoxny.com...

Took me a while to find the video. But, one more question - Do you know how much this is costing NYC taxpayers in overtime pay? Do you realize whose pockets that's coming out of? Not Wall Streets because by the way - the bigwigs, who really run Wall St. - are all up in Greenwich, CT.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

(NaturalNews) It may be a simple coincidence, or it may be the perfect embodiment of exactly why thousands of protesters across the US are hitting the streets en masse under the banner of Occupy Wall Street (OWS). Earlier this year, financial giant JPMorgan Chase & Co. donated $4.6 million to the New York Police Department (NYPD) to "strengthen security in the Big Apple" and several months later, the NYPD conveniently arrests over 700 individuals, all at one time, involved in peaceful OWS protests.
Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

The addition of unions leaders to the mix is worrisome.
The challenge for all grassroots movements is to resist co opting by the establishment, professional "community organizers" with their own agendas lurking in the background.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Ahhhhh - the irony of it all

McDonald's Corporation Profit Margin: 20.42%

ycharts.com...

If you really want to fight Wall St. stop buying the products that support them -- McDonalds, Starbucks, Apple, etc.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wonder if the cops will shut down on WiFi Twitter feeds and so on when they maje thier big move to hide what they are doing?

Michael Mozart - 12:18 AM -

I'm across the Street in a McDonalds from "Occupy Wall Street" there were 5 sidewalk arrests with Pepper Spray and Batons a few minutes ago.
I didn't go near it but I got a first hand interview with a bystander that I'm going to try to Upload to YouTube. The Cell Phone service comes and goes.

The park is now surrounded by heavy steel barricades with two openings, one at each end of the park and obviously enough barricades to shut off those openings. There are White Vans and White cop cars arriving in Droves filled with officers with Zip Tie handcuffs hanging from their belts.

Easily the most police that I have seen in my four days here reporting! As soon as AT&T wifi comes back up I have extraordinary video to post. I'll go outside in a minute to update this very tense and troubling situation!!!!
Can't post a picture, not enough signal look at the earlier postings an hour ago! Ten times that now! Very Scary! They brought in big Swat Looking Vans with cops in swat looking outfits that said NYPD TARU.

I'll keep posting! Too compelling for me to leave.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

sure looks like it...

www.twitlonger.com

According to #OccupyWallSt, the following groups will take part in today's march in addition to the #TWULocal100: AFL-CIO (AFSCME), United NY, Strong Economy for All Coalition, Working Families Party, SEIU 1199, CWA 1109, RWDSU, Communications Workers of America, CWA Local 1180, United Auto Workers, United Federation of Teachers, Professional Staff Congress - CUNY, National Nurses United, Writers Guild East, VOCAL-NY, Community Voices Heard, Alliance for Quality Education, New York Communities for Change, Coalition for the Homeless, Neighborhood Economic Development Advocacy Project (NEDAP), The Job Party,
NYC Coalition for Educational Justice, The Mirabal Sisters Cultural and Community Center, The New Deal for New York Campaign
National People's Action, ALIGN, Human Services Council, Labor-Religion Coalition of New York State, Citizen Action of NY, MoveOn.org, Common Cause NY, New Bottom Line, 350.org, Tenants & Neighbors, Democracy for NYC, Resource Generation, Tenants PAC

I recognize a few of them, but most of them I haven't heard of.. need to do some research on the list tomorrow

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is a serious question. Why occupy Wall Street? The corporations aren't doing anything the government doesn't allow. Why not "Occupy Pensylvainia Avenue?" I'm sorry, but I think the people on Wall Street are missing the big picture.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by JBA2848

Ahhhhh - the irony of it all

McDonald's Corporation Profit Margin: 20.42%

ycharts.com...

If you really want to fight Wall St. stop buying the products that support them -- McDonalds, Starbucks, Apple, etc.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Thats brilliant. Just think about it...

Get up. Starbuck for coffe. McDonalds for breakfast, Piza Hut for lunch, Protesting against globalism all afternoon.

Just too funny. People need to think.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by Zaanny

you know what gets me. all the people standing around watching 5-0 beat people without doing anything about it. This also kinda gives me a answer to a question I have. " Will the military shoot unarmed American's under order."

No they will not. The Military took an oath to defend the people, not the government. These cops may just be "doing their jobs" but the soldiers will not see it this way. Keep in mind that our soldiers are fathers and mothers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters and they will fight to the death because in their minds they will see these cops doing this stuff to their families. The boys in blue will scatter like mice before cats when the army gets involved. We do have generals who will not let the american people be crapped on, but in order to get them involved its going to take more than a few thousand people, its going to take all of america doing this, or in the least they will get involved when unarmed people start dying to "people" who are well armed and well trained.
edit on 6-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Beating someone is breaking the law.

So, police beating someone is breaking the law.

Police are supposed to uphold the law.

So the police are breaking their own code, and should be prosecuted for this.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

I am not defending the police. I totally support the OWS movement, and I have seen already many other videos of police being brutal towards the protesters over the last 2 weeks. They react with too heavy tactics, they are not honest, and they are verging on the sort of behaviour we see (and the US condems) in the middle east.

Not acceptable.

well said

when all is said and done,

i doubt we'd noticeably able to tell the 2 apart.

that is, angry mobs are going to be treated like ants, in the end

either side of the atlantic

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Don't doubt what the army will do. General Douglas MacArthur lead soldiers against former soldiers that were protesting in DC. The soldiers wanted their bonus pay that had been promised. They didn't get it so they began to occupy Washington. At first the Army supplied them with shelter. Then after a clash with police left two men dead MacArthur followed a presidential order to clear out the protesters. He brought in mechanized units and tear gas. They used so much tear gas fires broke out in several locations leading to the death of one person.

No, they didn't shoot anyone. They didn't hesitate to follow a presidentail order to forcibly remove them with the threat of death either. They entered the camp with bayonets out marching in front of "mechanized" and armored units.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Zaanny

lets see them beat up fellow human beings when the government cant afford to pay them
then they will be on the side of the protesters

Will we let them join after beating us up over and over? I sure won't let a pig join after that. Their chance is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join