It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Don't mean to speak ill will of the deceased, but he never game a dime to charity.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Don't mean to speak ill will of the deceased, but he never game a dime to charity.

I wouldn't be too worried.

The "man" had no soul that wasn't on the shoe he had pressed up against his slaves...*cough*.. erm.."workers'" necks.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Human_Alien

I eye rolled because in 10 years no one is going to remember Steve Jobs.

This is the biggest LOL comment I have ever seen or read or anything. This is is also the most insane comment I've ever read.

The man gave us the iPod, the iMac, the iPhone, the iPad. The man revolutionized the computer. HELL, he revolutionized technology as we know it.

Just because you aren't a Mac user, doesn't mean the rest of the world will forget who the American icon is. Oh and let's not forget this is the guy who basically gave us Pixar by saving it.

Because He (MR. JOBS) also was being compared to the Beatles sir..
So do not take another persons comments out of context plEASE..
The poster did not believe (MR. JOBS) would be remembered like the Beatles,
If people would read the whole thread maybe get that part.
he (MR. JOBS) would be more compared to Michael Jackson much much bigger
and symbolic AND ICONIC. without the white glove of course (lol j.k yeeeeheeeee) . Please stop trolling
edit on 6-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

...did you just take my comment out of context and tell me to stop trolling?

Superb.

Steve Jobs can easily be compared to the Beatles. Both revolutionized something.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer...

Wrong. Hewlett Packard, Commodore, and IBM created the first computers, microcomputers, personal computers, and microprocessors.

The first successfully mass marketed personal computer was the Commodore PET, which was introduced to the world in 1977 (January).

Steve Jobs created the second microcomputer to exist.

ENIAC - February 14, 1946
(First Computer Ever Made)

Commodore PET - January 1977
(First Micro/Personal Computer Ever Made)

Apple II - June 5, 1977
(Second Micro/Personal Computer Ever Made)

Commodore 64 - August 1982
(First 64bit-Personal Computer Ever Made)

When it comes to tablets...

Microsoft Tablet PC - 2002

iPad (Tablet) - 2010

edit on 10/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Two points, Dave.

Why are you so angry? And second, you've got to source all those claims. I'm pretty well read, and I've never come across any of that.

The answers to both are the same- the book iWoz, Steve Wozniak's biography. He specifically says that when he left Apple he wanted to create a startup company that made universal remotes, but Steve Jobs used his influence to force all of Wozniak's vendors to pull their support or else lose their Apple contracts. It was from Woz' biography that I even learned that Jobs asked Woz to design a circuit for Jobs while Jobs was working at Atari, which Jobs claimed as his own and pocketed huge bonuses while only giving Woz a few bucks. Added to the fact that Jobs got all the fanboys to think he's the one who invented the computer industry rather than Wozniak, that makes him a gigantic putz in my book.

If you are in the technology field IMHO it is your obligation to buy Woz' book in tribute to the genuine inventor of the computer industry. I'm not a hater; I just choose to reserve my reverence for the true creative geniuses who wound up becoming victims of Jobs in the end. I honor John Lasseter of Pixar literally for the exact same reason.
edit on 6-10-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

Fair enough, I see where you're coming from. And since I can't debate these points with you, as I don't know the facts, but I checked out your ATS history and you seem like a straight shooter - so I will pick up that book. Thanks for recommendation. (And yes, I am in the tech field).

Found it on Amazon and ordering now: "iWoz: Computer Geek to Cult Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It"

Book link: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317925675&sr=8-1

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Steve Jobs can easily be compared to the Beatles. Both revolutionized something.

You're right, he revolutionized the corporate world by proving that Chinese worker extortion to perform work to meet goals for stolen projects can get you on the cover of Forbes. Then again, Bill Gates did it first. Woops...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Never mind.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

You're forgetting the Altair.

Both Jobs (Woz actually) and Gates wrote software for the Altair, they initially saw it as the future of computing.

edit on 6-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

You're forgetting the Altair.

Both Jobs and Gates wrote software for the Altair, they initially saw it as the future of computing.

Altair 8800 was the first micro computer, but it wasn't the first personal computer. It was commissioned by the US Air Force.

Roberts, Mims, Cagle, and Zaller created the Altair 8800.

The first programming language (Altair BASIC) was created for the Altair 8800, which was developed by Microsoft's Bill Gates and colleague Paul Allen.

Steve Jobs showed up on the scene slightly later.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I think his biggest contribution may just be the Iphone. It changed cell phones for ever. They are not just phones anymore... More like a computer in your pocket.

Actually, that's been the case for quite a few phones before the iPhone. As early as 1996 with the Nokia 9000 which incorporated not only the internet, but PIM and PC connectivity. Then Ericsson released the R380 in 2000 and when Sony joined Ericsson creating Sony Ericsson they created the P800 (and later the P900, P910 etc.) which not only gave you WAP internet access but allowed you to take your music collection on the go. And all this long before the iPhone came out in 2007. And even then, these phones could copy and paste. The iPhone isn't anything more then a glorified MP3 player. (And yes, I am an Apple fan myself.)

As for Steve Jobs, on a personal level I liked the guy. (Not saying I knew him, but from what I've read.) Apple's policy at Foxconn is another matter entirely.

But Steve Jobs, you will be missed. "Oh, and another thing..." Immortal words.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Cool tribute!

Thought I'd share this pic with your thread Gimme

Apple logo tribute

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Fair enough, I see where you're coming from. And since I can't debate these points with you, as I don't know the facts, but I checked out your ATS history and you seem like a straight shooter - so I will pick up that book. Thanks for recommendation. (And yes, I am in the tech field).

Found it on Amazon and ordering now: "iWoz: Computer Geek to Cult Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It"

That's the one. Just to let you know, the book isn't dedicated to Jobs bashing. It's simply Woz' biography. The section where he got some local hobbyist to help him design the Apple's floppy drive and paid him with his own shares of Apple stock (and subsequently turned him into a millionaire) made Woz a hero in my eyes right there.

Woz is definitely being short changed in all this fanboy hoopla and it's not right.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Its sad to see someone die.

However, we should not give him credit for another person's invention.

Link One
Link Two

I gave everyone enough information to do the research.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thank you Steve for changing the world. Rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No offense. Steve Jobs probably was a good man but that's it. My thoughts go to his family and friends. BUT... His work for Apple was evil. He nourished the cold, superficial 'cancer'-society with his superfluous luxury gadgets. Pancreas cancer can be caused by electronic (or wireless) radiation (of all kinds of electronic devices)... His work was his death. Evil.

It's a pity Steve Jobs wasn't an awakened soul.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This is interesting from a story on Yahoo, kind of sums up what kind of person Jobs was.

"In 1975, Jobs was tapped by Atari to work on the Pong-like game Breakout.

He was reportedly offered $750 for his development work, with the possibility of an extra $100 for each chip eliminated from the game's final design. Jobs recruited Steve Wozniak (later one of Apple's other founders) to help him with the challenge. Wozniak managed to whittle the prototype's design down so much that Atari paid out a $5,000 bonus — but Jobs kept the bonus for himself, and paid his unsuspecting friend only $375, according to Wozniak's own autobiography."

So he was screwing his friends over from day one.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wrong..........ENIAC was not the worlds first computer. The first computer was built by The British in 1943. It was called COLOSSUS. It was developed to break the Nazi Enigma codes. Info here:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

This is interesting from a story on Yahoo, kind of sums up what kind of person Jobs was.

"In 1975, Jobs was tapped by Atari to work on the Pong-like game Breakout.

He was reportedly offered $750 for his development work, with the possibility of an extra $100 for each chip eliminated from the game's final design. Jobs recruited Steve Wozniak (later one of Apple's other founders) to help him with the challenge. Wozniak managed to whittle the prototype's design down so much that Atari paid out a $5,000 bonus — but Jobs kept the bonus for himself, and paid his unsuspecting friend only $375, according to Wozniak's own autobiography."

So he was screwing his friends over from day one.

Yep, this literally sums up Jobs' entire career in one paragraph- ask other people to do the hard work, take the credit for it, and then pocket all the profits.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thought this was clever: "10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash." via Reddit

And very ATS appropriate

edit on 6-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Steve Jobs......without him I wouldn't have this PC in front of me.

Poor guy had the wrong last name. In a time where millions of jobs are being killed off, it is ironic (I am not blaming anyone) that he also passed on.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join