It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to those who can't be mature!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think that increasing the post count would only add to a lot of posts as davespanners mentioned..in the 3 word thread, and others of that nature.

Maybe the offenders need to be chat banned for an amount of time.. and given a pass back in under surveillance for a period of time...till they prove they can abide by the rules.

Seems sad that the majority have to be penalized for the actions of a few..

I'm sure the staff will try to come up with something reasonable..they are working on it..

edit: I see this has to do with security issues.. so its great they are trying to figure it out..
( I sort of suspected this might have something to do with it)
edit on 5-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ok just to make it clear i was joking about the xploit thing about being able to see who is "voyeur" lol i have no more programming sense then a field mouse

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Mutter!

(I still miss Mutter) ...

edit on 5-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: mutter

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As far as I know, Administration is trying to determine the best solution regarding chat. The existing issue is that it's a service that just seems ripe for repeat abuse, over and over again.

Its really not that much different than the boards as far as repeat abuse goes. Mods just need to ban the offender from chat, and for severe abuse ban them from site.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh come on!!!! I just got to 100 to get back in,now i'm all of a sudden 150 shy?!

Raising the post count doesn't do anything but ostricise those of us who don't have like 1,000 posts to our names,and haven't been disruptive in chat. If someone was disruptive Ban Them! Don't punish everyone.

This really sucks.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Horselover Fat

the post count hasnt been raised, the chat is gone, its been disabled

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Hmmm it says I need 250 to enter when I click on it.

Either way it is completely ridiculous for them to keep going back and forth with post counts and taking chat down. I don't know why taking chat away from everyone is even looked at as a viable solution just because a few ppl screwed up.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Horselover Fat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Horselover Fat

The 250 thing false hope im afraid, once you are over 250 it says

Server closed.
Chat is temporarily close due to reports of abuse.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

The site's technical staff identified the particular technical problems, risk assessment, etc.

At the moment, it's all being evaluated, so I can't give more specifics than that, other than to say that there are chat proponents in the staff, specifically as an integral part of the radio shows...so hopefully we'll find a way to restore the capability, even if in a different form, in a way that will benefit all. We'll just have to see.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The issue is two-fold.

Yes, there has been a rash of immature un-ATS behavior in chat lately, which is part of the reason.

A more significant part is the identification of at least two security "holes" in the chat solution we're using. I'm currently investigating alternatives.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I'd like to think that when the chat gets back up again, they could finally FIX FIX FIX it so that all of us can get in.
I still cannot get past the screen where I agree to the rules, then just blank.

When I try to go on through "explorer" I get the message "access denied".

That isn't a problem on my end, ATS chat is the ONLY place I cannot go to on my computer, so IT ISN"T ME!!!!

Sorry about the yelling, it just pisses me off that they won't make it for everyone's computer. It can't be that hard, I can go anywhere else in the world, except ats chat.

And I'm not the only one, many of us have complained, so there has to be some bad coding somewhere.

Because you're PC. See you need to be MAC.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandpaDave
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Am not... you are... and stop poking me....

MOM... mblahnikluver is picking on me again....

Make her stay on her side of the internet!!!!!

OKAY,Mama is here and I will take care of everything.
I will count to ten then I go for the belt 12345...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Good job on making the rant, before I did!

ATS would not wanna feel my "rant", when I go off on one...

So who are the d-bags who got chat closed down?

Come on...Now's the time to own up.

We won't hurt you.

Much.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've never been on chat here or anywhere else. I look at twitter sometimes but don't have a twitter account. I don't see the point in texting verse talking. I wouldn't do Skype simply because the evil empire now controls it and would gladly hand everything to the feds. I like email for correspondence and online bill paying.

The question I have is how is chat different from posting in threads?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Im pretty sure you already need 200+ posts to join chat

It was changed to around 10 for the ATS game I believe, then moved up to 100 (again, I could be mistaken). And I agree with Mblah, It really needs to be 200 posts or more. Otherwise this type of thing (chat being taken down due to reports of abuse) will happen time and time again.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Agreed RA...there needs to be a level of maturity and to a certain extent a 'reward' system for entering into chat otherwise it becomes farcical...x

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Actually...you shouldn't be upset with the inevitable "problem people" they exist regardless of anything...

you should be upset at how you and those who follow the rules get their consiquences applied to you...That doesn't make sense does it? Why do people who follow the rules get the same punishment as those who don't? Its poor policy but its common practice...THAT is what you should be protesting...not immature people who cause problem...unless you wan't to be protesting the rest of your life?

edit: I completely missed SO's reply above...>.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

The question I have is how is chat different from posting in threads?

Because the chat works in real time.

Seriously If you ever get the chance, and of course if/when they bring it back, you really should take the time to check it out. It's a great feature and interacting with other members is done a great deal better.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Bummer about chat mblah.

I find that chat is great for getting to know other members, and as RA just pointed out it's in real time. Its nice to also see peoples non conspiracy sides in the chat room, that can be a big bonus.

I think that maybe the chat room should be moderated in a heavier fashion than the boards, they should also have chat room levels, like 250 posts for one room, 500 for another, 1000 for another and you get the drift. Its a real bummer that people can't hold their tongues in there, repeat offenders should obviously get banned.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I tried chat once, it doesn't work for me. I think some one said that it is because I use firefox.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yeah, people have had problems trying to log onto ATS Chat with Firefox.

Google Chrome ftw (works like a charm).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join