It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to those who can't be mature!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Yeah I don't trust google anything. Too much shady behavior imo. Like facebook.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Can't blame me this time.

Edit: I still feel like I added some class to ATS Chat's otherwise mundane discourses.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I'd like to think that when the chat gets back up again, they could finally FIX FIX FIX it so that all of us can get in.
I still cannot get past the screen where I agree to the rules, then just blank.

When I try to go on through "explorer" I get the message "access denied".

That isn't a problem on my end, ATS chat is the ONLY place I cannot go to on my computer, so IT ISN"T ME!!!!

Sorry about the yelling, it just pisses me off that they won't make it for everyone's computer. It can't be that hard, I can go anywhere else in the world, except ats chat.

And I'm not the only one, many of us have complained, so there has to be some bad coding somewhere.

I feel your pain. I have a thread about chat not working HERE.

I wish they'd just upgrade to a new *hint* phpchat server, or something.

Sigh!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The issue is two-fold.

Yes, there has been a rash of immature un-ATS behavior in chat lately, which is part of the reason.

A more significant part is the identification of at least two security "holes" in the chat solution we're using. I'm currently investigating alternatives.

Thank heavens!

And please point your tech staff to THIS thread, where I've gone through the mill trying a OS/browser version that works. Maybe some of my errors will help out de-bugging the holes.

Preferably, a new php chat server would be better suited for addressing the wide variety of configurations people use.

Hey, you guys updated your old e-mail system, and the new one works great! Time to do the same with Chat.

Oh, yeah, and when you have time, add in a delete function for the ATS Uploader.

(I'll take the Chat fix first! I can wait to delete pictures...)

All whining aside, you guys do an awesome job!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

I don't want to scare you but think there might be something wrong with your cat.
On a side note, had any problems with bat man lately?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Im going threw withdrawals and im not about to download skype again. I miss you guys and mblah the post count did change.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
FOR REAL?????

For all the trouble people say I cause...the few times chat has been shut down...I haven't even been there.

See...I actually keep people in line.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it back Please.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
In the mean time i guess I can look for the wiper motor online for my car....the wipers stop in the middle of the windshield
if I put them at a higher setting the are fine
so...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Who wan cyber

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great I leave for a couple days and y'all break chat....

man who knows when I'll have time to come in again. classes and such are keeping me too busy to be on much. I was really looking forward to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by Gazrok

Some Solutions:

1) Chat Mods in place...not just when shows are on
2) Multiple Bans
3) Raising the post count considerably
4) 2 room system as Roni mentioned (levels of room depending on post counts)
5) Another alternate chat system which somehow won't be abused...something like mutter?
6) An ALERT button in Chat...causing a Mod to come in asap
7) What Davey mentioned...basing entry to Chat on WATS or points

....Or let me kick their petunias

(I ish a mean bean fighting machine.)
edit on 5-10-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

HAHAHAHA! I just laughed so loud I think my neighbors heard me!

I think these are good ideas. I love chat and I am always in there and I can see when new people come in they don't even care about the rules not even when you tell them. ESP when you aren't a mod cause then they get all child like and won't listen either way. It's pretty bad poeple can't follow such simple rules.

Ohhh I liked mutter!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Our new chat solution is undergoing testing by staff, and so far looks very good. (It better be, it wasn't cheap.)

Once I do some final tweaks, we may see it live within 2-3 hours. This one uses standard in-browser Java... not Flash.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The issue is two-fold.

Yes, there has been a rash of immature un-ATS behavior in chat lately, which is part of the reason.

A more significant part is the identification of at least two security "holes" in the chat solution we're using. I'm currently investigating alternatives.

Oh well that isn't good
I hope it gets resolved and people stop being butts in chat so those of us that like it and enjoy it can continue on.

Nice avy
Dexter is awesome!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Our new chat solution is undergoing testing by staff, and so far looks very good. (It better be, it wasn't cheap.)

Once I do some final tweaks, we may see it live within 2-3 hours. This one uses standard in-browser Java... not Flash.

WOOHOO!!!

I just did the happy dance!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Im afraid to ask the post count I pm'd you, maybe I could get the stats and requirements everybodies talkin 500 to 750
or for somepeople an invite button. like horse whose only got 100
edit on 5-10-2011 by MissCoyote because: remembered something

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horselover Fat
Oh come on!!!! I just got to 100 to get back in,now i'm all of a sudden 150 shy?!

Raising the post count doesn't do anything but ostricise those of us who don't have like 1,000 posts to our names,and haven't been disruptive in chat. If someone was disruptive Ban Them! Don't punish everyone.

This really sucks.

Awe

horselover you had to post more to get back into chat?! That sucks...I see what you are saying though and I see both sides honestly.

I agree ban the offenders, permanently. No warning either. The warning is the thing you click when you agree to go into chat, that is the warning. It tells you what not to do so if you don't follow that then bye bye
It's quite simple yet there are some who just can't seem to follow the rules!

Horselover I want you to come back to chat!!
hopefully you can.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Because you're PC. See you need to be MAC.

OMG I

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
oh no! Chat down again????? Good grief Charlie Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join