It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to those who can't be mature!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'd like to think that when the chat gets back up again, they could finally FIX FIX FIX it so that all of us can get in.
I still cannot get past the screen where I agree to the rules, then just blank.

When I try to go on through "explorer" I get the message "access denied".

That isn't a problem on my end, ATS chat is the ONLY place I cannot go to on my computer, so IT ISN"T ME!!!!

Sorry about the yelling, it just pisses me off that they won't make it for everyone's computer. It can't be that hard, I can go anywhere else in the world, except ats chat.

And I'm not the only one, many of us have complained, so there has to be some bad coding somewhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

i made a fix for firefox users theres a post somewhere, also i actually changed to chrome and it works perfectly every time in it. if u get access denied either its a popup blocker or your post count isnt enough i dont know

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yea I had that issue with FF, for some reason it doesn't like FF. I downloaded chrome on my last computer just for chat but shockwave always crashed so I had to either deal with it or not have chat lol

Now I have my Mac and it works fine with Safari.

I hope you can get in!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I can relate...
most times I would get kicked out...
and when I tried to get back in it would say "That Nickname is already in use"...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

ye u gotta wait a few mins before tryint o log back in

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yea I had that issue with FF, for some reason it doesn't like FF. I downloaded chrome on my last computer just for chat but shockwave always crashed so I had to either deal with it or not have chat lol Now I have my Mac and it works fine with Safari. I hope you can get in!

I use chrome, but I've tried it in FF, and IE8, and with all three of our laptops, all three browsers on all. The only common things between the laptops is that they are all from Dell, and in IE8 it shows the "access denied" message. My husband rarely posts, so I can't test the theory with his account, he hasn't got enough posts. Our laptops were bought over the course of 2 years, so they are a bit different from one another, but I can't get on with any of them.

It's weird, I have tons of posts, I've even tried the "refresh" button over 30 times, taken off all protections, allowed all popups, etc, done everything anyone suggested. I've seen that others have done the same. Maybe when the hubby comes home at Xmas, I'll try it on his Iphone instead of his laptop, see if the chat just doesn't like Dell for some weird reason.
My next computer will be a tablet, but that won't be for a while still, I have to pay off our Dell account first......
Oh well.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oh man, this really grinds my gears!!

I had no idea this had even happened Mblah, thanks for letting me know & spoiling my year! (Joking)
Jokes aside, for those of you who don't frequent chat, it's a nice place to converse live with your fellow ATS members. And it's not always about serious topics and issues, we often have a lot of fun messing around with each other.

Unfortunately, some people just don't know where to draw the line. Some people seem to completely forget that ATS T&C's still apply. What a shame we have some people messing up the fun for others. RA, I agree with you that the post count should be at least 200.

I hope SO and co. come up with a solution relatively soon so we can get chatting again. (RA - your skype room's about to get hit again buddy! LOL!!
)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I remember one of the last times this happened, the post count was raised to 500 and a bunch of people got banned. After that, the post count was dropped again... Sounds like a repeat is coming...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

500 post - 750 sounds about good....and no more dropping post counts!
edit on 5-10-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by LadySkadi

500 post - 750 sounds about good....and no more dropping post counts!

I'll second that!
Someone has to be really desperate to make over 500 posts then just to come into chat and cause trouble.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As far as I know, Administration is trying to determine the best solution regarding chat. The existing issue is that it's a service that just seems ripe for repeat abuse, over and over again.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yea i get what you mean hense why some have suggested alternates, alot of us love the chat and want it back
, raising the post lvl is one idea, or having a 2 room system. so many posts to get into the beginners room and double that to get into pro room - if you get what i mean. disabling chat for all just bcoz a few twats wernt playin nice isnt fair imho,
even tho i understand why it was done

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Some Solutions:

1) Chat Mods in place...not just when shows are on
2) Multiple Bans
3) Raising the post count considerably
4) 2 room system as Roni mentioned (levels of room depending on post counts)
5) Another alternate chat system which somehow won't be abused...something like mutter?
6) An ALERT button in Chat...causing a Mod to come in asap
7) What Davey mentioned...basing entry to Chat on WATS or points

....Or let me kick their petunias

(I ish a mean bean fighting machine.)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As far as I know, Administration is trying to determine the best solution regarding chat. The existing issue is that it's a service that just seems ripe for repeat abuse, over and over again.

So is everything else on ATS, the boards and everything else, of course abuse will be repeated.......

The solution is nipping the abuse by removing the members doing it, ie, banning the people in chat causing the problems...

Youre never going to stop it completely , just like youre never going to stop trolls on the forums unless you completely shut down the website

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by Gazrok

....Or let me kick their petunias

i like this idea

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would base the chat entry on W score rather then number of posts.
Many people of late just make random nonsensical posts in off topic threads (Im looking at you 3 word story thread) and get into chat that way.
There has definitely been a large influx of new people into chat since the post entry level was lowered for the "game" and then put back up to a lower level then it was before.

Im not exactly sure why (if ATS was trying to make the chat less open to abuse) they would lower the entry requirements to almost nothing and then get surprised and kill the room when the trolls marched in.
edit on 5-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

not wats score i have a sukky wats score

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I just read the post below.
I had no idea it was because of those issues.

I have faith in you guys that you will get it worked out.
edit on 5-10-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't think you get my meaning by "abuse", I don't just mean behavior, I mean programming abuse and security concerns. Technical reasons, let alone the behavior issues.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

nooo 500 is good enough lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join