It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops shoot dog for being threatening, dog doesn't look threatening at all.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by drew1749
I understand this attitude to a certain degree but I don't feel like it solves anything to wish death upon these cops.

I'm sorry but this attitude is not something that has just happened in people. It's been brewing for quite some time and the cops are going to find out when the tipping point is if they don't change their ways.

And no, I'm not "wishing" anything. Just observing and stating what WILL happen.

and that will happen is very sad. If it does indeed happen. The minute society feels that two wrongs make a right (we already do but when we start acting on it...) is a sad day indeed.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This PERSON should be taken out and shot, who cares if he's a cop, he's a stupid ignorant son of a gun!

The dog is calm, looking away, and in NO WAY a threat!!! He was tied to the truck, even before they put the pole loop around his head, not running free.

He never makes any threatening actions towards the cops and only struggles a little when they put the noose around his neck... wouldn't you struggle a little in confusion if someone put a noose on a pole around your neck??? But he clams down right away and is calmly looking the other way when the cop shoots him for no reason.

Animals are just as much people as we are, most are better than a majority of the humans I know... obviously including this cop. Human arrogance to think we are better or more important... bah

If the cop can so calmly shoot a dog who is no way a threat, well... isn't killing animals for fun one sign of serial killers in the making?

He should be tried for murder 2!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The dog would of gone to the pound and been put to sleep anyways. There are so many american pitts showing up at humane societies, being abandoned and thrown away, that this would be a mercy killing.

Police shoot dogs all the time, there is nothing exceptional about this.

The humane societies have such trouble getting rid of the bull breeds that they are just regularly put down.

What you should put your energy into is licensing pitt bulls and encouraging spay and neutering.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The dog would of gone to the pound and been put to sleep anyways. There are so many american pitts showing up at humane societies, being abandoned and thrown away, that this would be a mercy killing.

If that is true, then they still should have done it that way.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Police shoot dogs all the time, there is nothing exceptional about this.

The humane societies have such trouble getting rid of the bull breeds that they are just regularly put down.

What you should put your energy into is licensing pitt bulls and encouraging spay and neutering.

The problem is that the dog honestly didn't seem threatening. When he executed the dog, the dog was completely complacent. Probably thought he was getting a treat. I'm the kind of guy who won't hesitate to shoot a dog if he is chasing me (my neighborhood was horrible about fencing in or leashing up their dogs) but this dog was just a victim of an idiot owner and a violent cop.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The behavior of this cop exposes the contempt he has for the citizens. If he could do this to humans and just as easily get away with it, he would.

His attitude is one of a self righteous power hungry hateful person. Give someone like that a badge and a gun, and this is what you get.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ok I watched the video and see that this could have been handled better. The owner is who is at fault here no matter what the cops actions ended up as.

Maintain your dogs and this won`t happen. It isn`t like the first time there has been trouble with these dogs with the neighbors.
This isn`t like a friendly poodle these type dogs can and have killed children to adults. I understand the dog love but I understand taking care of them this is a known dog for it`s ability to fight. It`s all up to the owner in how a dog acts and this owner needs a better understanding your neighbors shouldn`t fear your dog on the streets.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Damn it...there was a reason why I didn't want to watch the video but my curiosity got the best of me. You're right...the dog did nothing I could see & it is truly heartbreaking to see the dog wag his tail even though he had just been shot. I know people on here don't care about dogs & think people put them on the same pedestal as a human, but as a dog owner this is terrible.I have no reasoning as to why the dog was shot.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
They had it on the pole, and snared.

What, exactly, warranted the shooting? It wasn't running loose, and it wasn't being threatening. It was literally staring off into the distance, apparently unconcerned with the two officers. Then randomly, he just pulls out his gun and shoots it dead. He seemed anxious to fire his toy, because he pulled it out earlier.

Both of the cops look like idiots too, frankly. Not exactly a "professional" veteran face on either of 'em, if you know what I mean.
edit on 5-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've seen this a while back, but still puts the same feeling in me, hate.
He had it on the rod/line thing (don't know what its called) and it was a controlled animal,
if the dog was going to attack them in any way, he would've done it minutes ago. Where is
animal control for that city? if the cops are to scared to handle it then call the animal control.
Don't just shoot it because you don't want to deal with it. Anyways, i hope atleast the cop that shot the dog,
gets jail time for animal cruelty, or looses his job.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

According to the article nothing happened to the cops. At all.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

The only problem with that is some people will shoot back. The things that happened in hurricane Katrina will not happen again.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I RAGED when I saw this video awhile ago. Dog didn't deserve that. Those cops were freakin pussies and frankly I would like to shoot them in the kneecaps.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

This is pathetic, "the dog resisted". He's a #ing dog!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm starting to think cops shouldn't be allowed to have guns anymore. Civilians I'm still fine with having guns. Cops I don't trust, they just spend their time oppression minorities, shooting dogs, busting pot heads, and sexually assaulting women. My mother was one of those women, we tried to press charges but the law would never believe one of their boys would ever do such a thing, and she obviously had it coming. She was arrested for possession of cannabis so she obviously was an insane criminal.

Oh and if still think the good the police do outweigh the harm and trampling of our rights just look up selective enforcement.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Seriously, those guys were a bunch of worthless doughnut eaters. I would have wrestled that dog into a truck, without a little catcher thing. What a bunch of fearful, worthless, cops.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am personnally a believer in an eye for an eye, and these cops should be shot in both shoulders, be forced to sit and submit, admitting the executioner as master, and shot in the head. Any cops that decide they want to shoot a pet or taze an innocent person should be given adequate treatment. None of this 'remove from society' Sh!t. Some people are already away from society, and loving it. If I was there I would have made sure the last thing the cops saw was a gun pointing at their face.
The dog was frightened at first, not snarling and foaming at the mouth, nor was she at the time she was shot. She seemed calm and friendly, only wasn't so when chocked with the rod, I doubt anyone or anything would. If the criminal (cop) hadn't been such a weakling or fearful then no gun would be necessary, but he thought it would be easier to shoot first, and go back acting like some tough a$$hole

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I hope that cop's mother was proud of him "to serve and protect". Now who's going to protect us from them?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To OP.

Thank you for bringing this issue up so i could find this thread. It made me aware about something kinda strange about myself. I went to the link, clicked the video and paused when the cop is standing behind the dog and the dog is in view. After that i couldn't start the video again. I already knew what was gonna happen, don't need to see that. But i can watch people getting blown up with hand-grenades and being slaughtered? I couldn't fu#g watch the video. that has never happened to me before. I usually went on oggrish and rotten back in the days and saw the most messed up stuff. But i cant watch a dog get shot? Wanna know why? Because someone in this thred wrote something about them shooting the dog and him sitting down wagging his tail. That would make me cry if i were to see it.

I'm a animal-lover of the higher degree.

PS. I am almost as close to crying as when i read that story about a girl taking a kitten an putting it in the Owen as a prank. Where is peoples feelings? This world is starting to scare the living # out of me.
edit on 5-10-2011 by FejkNick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You are going to start seeing more of this happening I am afraid. Some people love their dogs more that they would a child.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

As oppossed to people breeding and fighting pit bulls, to attack children and innocents passing by.

The real problem isn't the police.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join