It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

reply to post by silo13

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by wildtimes

Personally I think these people are wasting their time, and Edith is starting to look like an eccentric busy-body. As far as I can tell, she's not an established or long-term friend of the family. Is she? Does anyone know? I think she just started her efforts independently. But I could be wrong about that.

I've no idea - I'm just posting what I find. If you get any information on her would you let me (us) know?
Thanks tons.

Found this article posted today about Edith.
Mother who knows pain of an unsolved case tirelessly helps other causes

But it’s the hand-painted letters covering her car that announce Edith Fine-Duskin’s mission: “Bring Baby Lisa Home.”

“I will find that child,” the 44-year-old Kansas City woman asserts. “When I start something, I don’t stop.”

Fine-Duskin’s nervous energy is apparent in how she moves and talks, often unable to complete one rapid-fire sentence before launching into another one.

Missing child cases in particular draw her to action. Pamela Butler, Kara Kopetsky, Kelsey Smith and Erica Green are among the young victims whose cases she has embraced.

Today that energy is focused on Lisa Irwin. Virtually every day since the 10-month-old’s parents reported Lisa missing from her Northland home two months ago, Fine-Duskin has handed out fliers, scoured woods with other volunteers and organized regular prayer vigils in front of the family’s home.

---------

“Lisa deserves justice,” Fine-Duskin said.

It was another case where justice was not done that helps explain her motivation to seek it today.

The victim was 11 years old. Her name was Windy Fine. She was Fine-Duskin’s daughter.

“I want to keep going because I know my daughter would want me to,” she says.

When Windy was 8 years old, a decade before Lisa Irwin’s case exploded into the headlines and became a rich topic for network television talking heads, Windy was touched by the sad story of another little Kansas City girl who became known as Precious Doe.

Windy asked her mother what they could do to help, and together they became immersed in the case of the unknown child, decapitated and dumped in a wooded area near Swope Park.

They took part in the gruesome search for the girl’s missing head. Later, after someone found it, they became involved in the group dedicated to learning who Precious Doe was and who would do something so horrible.

“We wanted to know who that poor baby was,” Fine-Duskin said.

Fine-Duskin and the rest of the world eventually got answers: Erica Green, killed by her mother’s live-in boyfriend. He and Erica’s mother now reside in prison.

But the revelation came too late for Windy.

On Oct. 11, 2003, while riding in a car with her mother and brother, she was killed by a hit-and-run driver who never has been caught.

Much more at the link!

OiO

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

My goodness!!

Sad story. Off topic here, but...she took her 8-year old to look for a girl's head? I can't imagine that...just can't. Parallel that Lisa's older half-brother is the same age. I wonder what he would like to be doing to help find his sister. Or if anyone is paying attention to what he wants or feels. I certainly hope so.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by skibaboo

Hello, new to ATS but not to the Baby Lisa case. I've been following it from the beginning. One thing that is still bugging me is the removal of the tape and tape dispenser, as documented on the search warrant.

We also know from the search warrant that they removed the blanket, clothing and glow worm, all to me sound plausible items which dna could have be found on. If that was the initial purpose (as we do not know the purpose of removal)

Thanks for chiming in and Welcome to ATS!

About that tape dispencer. It's been bugging me for a while. And it goes back to the garbage bag over the window.

WHEN was that garbage bag placed there? Was the tape dispenser used to apply the tape to keep the garbage bag up? Could it have been put up the very night Lisa went missing? - You know, fake the break in scene and garbage bag over the baby's window. Something there is adding up, I'm just no sure hat yet. More of a mind-set psychological thing than physical.

Also - WHY would LE feel the need to take a tape dispenser for evidence? Was it just laying around? Where did they 'find' it? What led them to believe the TD was important?

Thanks for asking - it's good to take some of the older physical facts and rehash them.

Welcome, again, to ATS.

peace

About the garbage bag, somewhere in the thread it was linked that Jeremy tried to close the window and it would not close properly. Perhaps they put the garbage bag over it to block the cold since the window wouldn't close properly.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about the windows. The one with the damage (intruder-like bent screen that LE tried to re-enact as point of entry) was in the front of the house, and Lisa's room was at the back of the house. I thought the one that wasn't properly closing was the bent screen one. But I don't know.

The phones and the windows are a real muddle in this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
George Anthony reached his breaking point with some of the people hanging around his house. Adults can usually deal with comments but children would be scared by strangers shouting questions. We don't know what people could say especially if they're angry at the parents.

A large gathering stationed outside a home is an open invitation for the general public. People can have many reasons for joining in and not all of them good.

I don't see why church vigils wouldn't be preferred. Church's can accommodate the community without disrupting an already traumatized neighborhood. I don't mean to sound harsh but the Irwin's aren't the only ones who might have issues. Neighbors are probably still trying to digest everything. I would think they'd be pretty nervous about their own kids right now. Would you want a bunch of strangers/media people hanging around when your child comes home from school?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about the windows. The one with the damage (intruder-like bent screen that LE tried to re-enact as point of entry) was in the front of the house, and Lisa's room was at the back of the house. I thought the one that wasn't properly closing was the bent screen one. But I don't know.

The phones and the windows are a real muddle in this whole thing.

Found this link that says the window was in the computer room. I don't remember the complete layout of the house but would the computer room have been next to lisa's room? I know this doesn't answer the bag question but just curious.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

George Anthony reached his breaking point with some of the people hanging around his house.

Yup.
He lost his cool every time he was on the stand, too. Total jackass, and obviously defensive, deliberately evasive, and uncooperative...

That's why in MY OPINION, he is the guilty one in Caylee's case.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The computer room is at the right-hand end of the house (looking at it from the front). It spans the full depth of the house, and is situated over the garage (the house has a walk-out basement level including a garage). Lisa's room was adjacent to it, yes, but only in the back half of the house.

The black bag was in her room looking out of the back of the house, on what would be the "upstairs".
The bent screen is on the front, and on the "ground floor" from that orientation..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

About the garbage bag, somewhere in the thread it was linked that Jeremy tried to close the window and it would not close properly. Perhaps they put the garbage bag over it to block the cold since the window wouldn't close properly.

Thank you Triker - I'll go back and look. I missed it and it was right here under my nose all along!

I'll link to it when I find it here in the thread - it will just take some hoeing though!
And I can understand a 'stop gap' - something quick and easy until a paycheck comes in to 'fix it proper'!
Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So I've thought all along that Jeremy is sort of blameless in this and that' he's basically a good dad who tries to take care of his family and that he's believing deb's account of that night. I don't really think he had anything to do with cover up or disposal, etc. But then just now I was thinking if so and two months later he's still believing her , he'd really have to be either the biggest idiot on earth or deb the most cunning of manipulators and liars. Which do you think it is ?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
nvm... already answrered,.................
edit on 6-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

But then just now I was thinking if so and two months later he's still believing her , he'd really have to be either the biggest idiot on earth or deb the most cunning of manipulators and liars. Which do you think it is ?

He's either 'in the know' but his 'mouth is tied' (so to speak) because he knows if he opens it he'll loose his son, or, he just chooses to believe her because the options are unthinkable.
When faced with two devils and if you have a choice you choose the one that's most endurable.
That being said I think it's only a matter of time.
peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I still agree - in this case you all are correct. The prayer vigils should be stopped. For the boys sake (not for the parents because I think the heat should remain in them - turned up even...)...

But - Here's another opinion. I'm adding only for continuity of the thread:

WATCH: Father of Polly Klaas, Who Was Abducted, Killed 18 Years Ago Says Lisa Irwin’s Parents Should Welcome Media Attention Brought by Prayer Vigils

The fact that the parents of ‘a missing baby girl’ are telling people who are keeping media attention on the child to ‘go away,’ said Kelly, strikes many people as strange. Mark Klaas agreed.

“One of the collateral damages of this action of theirs is that law enforcement has closed down some of their investigation [and] reassigned detectives … which is the last thing that these parents should want,” he said. “They should be out there full force, advocating for their child, doing everything they can to encourage people to look for their child.”

He also adds he believes the children (Lisa's brothers) are being used to manipulate the public, police and media.

If you're going to be listening to your lawyers instead of your heart you belong in a courtroom. You have to do absolutely everything you can to eliminate yourself from suspicion. You have to be your children's (missing child's) best advocate and we're not seeing that with these parents.
(Rough transcript)

peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I would say at this point if Jeremy knows anything about what occurred, regardless if he was even involved, hes is screwed. Having that info and failing to act places him squarely into the being charged category as well (should it come to that point).

The only way I see him getting out of this, again if all is as we theorize, would be to talk to the prosecution about providing testimony against Deb for immunity or a reduced sentence (again if it gets to that point).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Right ! I don't know if he KNOWS like Deb told him what happened. I think he believes her story but I also think in 2 months of being together, virtually around the clock ( he hasn't gone back to work or on very many outings we are aware of so they seem to be locked down together) that she may have said something that makes him think HMMM.
Today is the court date on the custody issue involving his older child, so maybe the fear of loss will prompt him to come clean IF he has anything to come clean about.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Today is the court date on the custody issue involving his older child, so maybe the fear of loss will prompt him to come clean IF he has anything to come clean about.

I hear a 'gag' order is in place for the hearing.
I'm in hopes this is so nothing 'leaks' out that might be used in the Lisa case later.
Honestly I don't know if I rather the boy goes to his mother or not.
He seems to be doomed either way.
Sadly.

peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The gag order will be ruled on today too.

A hearing regarding a gag order in the custody battle over one of Lisa Irwin’s half-brothers has been delayed until Dec. 7. Read More

I'm not sure how that works. Maybe the judge will rule on the gag order before the custody hearing? Or hear arguments then rule depending on the info?

OiO

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Well gag or no gag, something could happen. When Jeremy sees the seriousness of the situation and IF he has any inkling Deb may be guilty, he might just decide to sacrifice DEB to save his ONLY remaining child. I guess it will depend on if the judge is leaning towards the mom in the custody thing. If Jeremy were to think she's got a real chance at taking his boy, he might just re prioritize.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
In a either related or unrelated post on FB, the man claiming to be uncle johnny says he is just landing in KC at the airport. So assuming he is the actual uncle johnny h e claims to be, he may be there to talk to the pd. So hmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
AH, borrowing a link from an fb poster here, but its good info.

'''According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior'''

'''There's a collective denial even when mothers come right out and say, "I really shouldn't be trusted with my kids."''''

A COLLECTIVE DENIAL.......... that is an interesting phrase.

crime.about.com...

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join