It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

From Edith Fine - March for Baby Lisa Sunday. God Bless 'em!

peace
edit on 6-12-2011 by silo13 because: remove reference to the BradWin's attending

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I found some articles this morning about the prayer vigils ending. Everything is from those "write it yourself" sites, but all claim the source of the info is from Lisa's aunt, so I'll post it and let everyone decide on the validity.

If this information is true, I can understand why the family ask that the vigils stop at the home.

Baby Lisa: Family member’s perspective why prayer vigils stopped
Ashley provides insight into why Deborah and Jeremy asked their community members to stop holding the vigils outside their home. She begins by saying, “The focus had totally shifted and it just wasn't about Lisa anymore.”

----------------

Lisa’s aunt Ashley wrote in an email, “Some of those involved in the prayer vigils created unnecessary drama.” She said the vigils became “gossip-fests” and meetings for case discussion instead of gathering to actually pray for and focus on Baby Lisa.

“Some of those involved habitually talked about what other people were supposedly doing and saying and creating a rumor mill,” Ashley said. “A lot of unnecessary stress and drama started to surround the vigils. People were always talking about other people behind their backs and someone was always mad at somebody else for something.”

-----------------

Ashley said that Jeremy and Deborah were being “incessantly approached” with people knocking on their front door numerous times a day. She said that every time they stepped outside people would surround them and try talking to them for extended periods of time.

“I understand the desire to want to talk to them, but being at someone's house 12 out of 24 hours in a day and knocking on their door and talking to them literally every single time they step foot outside their home is a bit extreme,” she said.

As much as I hope for the truth about what happened to Lisa that night, this type of behavior is unacceptable, in my opinion. If this is what was happening, I can see it being bad for the sons.

OiO

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Interesting. I'm not surprised, though, to hear that. In a way, some of those folks are drama rubberneckers; I would imagine there was back-biting, etc.

As for DB and JI being approached and asked questions....well, everyone wants to know what they have to say! Not just LE....
as for the boys, yes, it's a pity that it turned hostile rather than a supportive group rallying. I had actually thought "why don't they invite these people inside? why make them stand outside?"

Which, if the family were less tight-lipped WOULD have been a support system, and most probably would have included meals being brought over, help with chores, etc., similar to after the loss of a family member to death, or a new baby being born...

but if these "helpers" are not welcome, yeah, that would make tension for the boys.

Thanks for posting that!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I can't take anymore......... :'(

www.ajc.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
I can't take anymore......... :'(

www.ajc.com...

Very very sad story. What struck me about it was this (emphasis mine):

The girl's mother was inside while the child played outside, but a teenager was supposed to have been watching Jorelys, Lt. Jeff Hall with the Canton police department said Monday. The girl's two younger siblings were taken from their mother and placed in protective custody because of a lack of supervision, Det. Candy Worthy with Canton police said Sunday morning.

This is a sharp contrast to what we see in the Baby Lisa case. Is it because Deborah lives with Jeremy or does this mother have a history of "lack of supervision"?

OiO
edit on 6-12-2011 by OneisOne because: clarify... edit at 9:10am

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

If we can believe it, and I've no reason not to - then I can understand why the vigils have been put to an end. On the OTHER SIDE OF THAT COIN - IF JEREMY was out there controlling the situation - or Deborah - the vigils could continue!

They wonder what it's doing to the boys now - but how about let's take a little look at what this is going to do to the boys LATER!

'So, Mom, Dad, how long did you look for our little sister yourselves...'

Silence.

'So, um, Mom, Dad, why didn't you sit down with the police when they wanted to talk to you separately again?

Silence.

'So...Mom and Dad why did you give up after not even two months...'

Silence.

OIO I'm NOT mad at you - but at the situation. Thank you for pointing this out. I agree in part but I don't see any reason why those parents can get their fat backsides up off the couch and walk out there and BE PARENTS and hold that VIGIL FOR THEIR BABY GIRL! WITH THEIR TWO BOYS HAND IN HAND! It's only been TWO FREAKIN MONTHS!

And think about 'vigil memories' - how good they'll be for the boys later.

'Yeah, I remember Dad was so strong standing there in front of all the neighbors leading a prayer or two. He even got us to say one. And Mom? Mom was right there holding out hands, giving us reassurance, leading the songs. We didn't like it so much at the time but I'm sure glad we did it now'...

What will they remember?

'Yeah we were laughing our *bleeps* off playing video games watching a bunch a noobs out there prayin' on our front lawn. The losers.'

peace
edit on 6-12-2011 by silo13 because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Miami mother accused of trying to sell baby boy for $7,000

OPA-LOCKA — Children are priceless.
But for one Miami mother, $7,000 for an infant seemed like a fair trade.

Kenia Quiala Bosque, 30, stands accused of arranging to sell her 8-month-old son, authorities said. She was arrested on Sunday at her home and charged with adoption violation.

On Saturday, officials received a tip that Bosque had arranged to meet a Monroe County man in Miami for the purpose of selling her child, according to The Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Sheesh. Facepalm, and not in the funny way.
I just can't wrap my head around all this!! I can't!! What is WRONG with these people?

EDIT TO ADD ANOTHER HORROR
Police: Man accused of kicking child in stroller

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — A man is being held in jail after witnesses reported that he kicked his baby down the street while his child was in a stroller, police said.
Those who were passing by said it was the beginning of rush hour traffic when they saw a man kicking an 8-month-old girl while she sad in a stroller. One of them called 911.

Sheridan told dispatchers "I just want to jump out of this car and kill that dude. Oh my gosh, I can't stand to watch this."
Sheridan used her cellphone to capture video of the man in hopes of providing proof of the abuse.
"I was just sick to my stomach. I still am. I just can't believe people do that to their kids," Sheridan said.

Police said witnesses stopped the man; however, they said the child was suffering from more than just being kicked.

Rollins said, "Her little fingers were like ice and her nose was red. Her lips were red and she was freezing. She was not properly dress and she had nothing on her hands, face and head and no jacket."

There just are no words. No words for this madness. WTH.

edit on 6-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by wildtimes because: second edit to add location to post

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes I was initially turned WAY off by the wanting to stop vigils. When I heard the vigils were held in their front yard, that's quite another story. I still think they are guilty of this , at least one of them, but anyone who has anything happening at their home day after day wants it to stop.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Only one saying comes to mind

" One man's trash is another man's treasure""
Turn it around to ' one mans' treasure is another man's trash ' ..........

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Indeed. Very true. But I wonder also, why aren't Deborah's and Jeremy's parents and siblings there? Have they all just returned to their "normal" activities? I would be a crumpled mess -- unable to cook, clean, sleep. It would even be a struggle to give undivided attention to the boys. But what do I know. I never had anything awful happen to my kids, thank heaven.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Personally, I think these (high-profile?) vigils are ridiculous. How does gathering in front of the missing-persons' house, help?

To me it's exerting and wasting unnecessarily energy and I get the feeling many attending these coffee-clutch gatherings are just nosy bud-in-skies to begin with.

The power of prayer doesn't work better or any more effectively when it's condensed in front of someones house. And like the article suggests, most aren't praying anyway. They're exchanging viewpoints.

I think these 'vigils' ought to go through the same scrutiny as demonstrations do and that's: go to court and get a permit. Every single one of them should have to get permission. That should deter 99% of the busy-buddies.

These are the same people (in my opinion) who stick their nose into other people's business by carrying signs in front of abortion clinics. I mean, c'mon. Sure, have your 'strong' objections but keep it to yourself or.............go lobby up in Washington. Stop thinking you can change something by gathering in a group and holding signs. It's the ol' strength by numbers menality which is only effective when properly used. Gathering in front of the Irwins' home (or abortion clinic) does diddly-squat.
(end rant)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
OIO I'm NOT mad at you - but at the situation. Thank you for pointing this out. I agree in part but I don't see any reason why those parents can get their fat backsides up off the couch and walk out there and BE PARENTS and hold that VIGIL FOR THEIR BABY GIRL! WITH THEIR TWO BOYS HAND IN HAND! It's only been TWO FREAKIN MONTHS!

No problems here Silo! I've read enough of your posts to understand that you are frustrated with the situation, as most of us are.

My fear about some of the people attending the vigils were just there for the drama of it and not out of concern for Lisa. If they were there 12 hours a day, I can see that being a problem and I can see people just lurking. Maybe if they had met at 6pm stayed an hour for the vigil and then left the family alone, the family might have been more inclined to participate (that's assuming they are truly innocent!)

I do completely agree with you on the parents non-involvement in this case. Remember back before Thanksgiving when the story broke that the command center was shut down? I stated then that if there was not a "family statement" about that & an appeal for someone to come forward with info, that that would be very telling to me. Well, we never heard one peep from Lisa's parents. I think they have pretty much "washed their hands" of the fate of little Lisa. And that is very sad.

OiO

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

All of you are right. You are.

Random people shouldn't be allowed to gather on the parents lawn.

Random people shouldn't be allowed to be 'rubbernecks'.

And you're all correct - prayer isn't any more effective on someone's lawn than it is 'in your prayer closet' as it says in the 'Good Book'.

Yes, I know. And I thank you for having patience with me to allow my frustrations to rule my thinking now and again.

If anything I hope you understand that along with Lisa I'm thinking now about those boys. I just can't imagine the memories they're going to be saddles with when they get older - memories that have nothing to do with our opinion or the medias opinion, but THEIR opinion of their parents actions, and inaction.

I'm also having a tough time after reading about a man who's been convicted 4 times for child rape and just raped again. That's also got me pretty upset, so, yeah I'm a bit 'unruly' at the moment, lol.

Thank you from my heart,

peace
edit on 6-12-2011 by silo13 because: addednote

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I wonder how they're planning to deal with Christmas (assuming they celebrate it -- I don't know if they do or not).

Oh my gosh...Isn't that sad? Listen to me, why am I expecting that she WON'T be home for Christmas. !!?? That just surprised me coming into my head. Are we all losing hope?

We got our first dusting of snow here overnight. It's bitterly cold. Ground is frozen.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow. Okay, so the vigil group has obviously not disbanded, and are rerouting their "publicity" thing.

In case anyone is wondering::
No, I will not be "marching" with them. I haven't gone to any of the "vigils" or "searches" sponsored by them, nor have I gone looking for Lisa myself.

Does it mean I don't care? No. It means there is nothing I can do that is not being done already, and effectively, by police and detectives.

Personally I think these people are wasting their time, and Edith is starting to look like an eccentric busy-body. As far as I can tell, she's not an established or long-term friend of the family. Is she? Does anyone know? I think she just started her efforts independently. But I could be wrong about that.

edit on 6-12-2011 by wildtimes because: add in vigils

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There is one theory out there on the internet about Lisa being sold for adoption. This is not my theory, but considering parents do this I thought I would post it.

Lisa was sold to someone for a black market adoption and the kidnapping story was staged as the coverup. Once the dust has settled the "anonymous benefactor" will donate the "reward" money to the parents to help them "move on" with their lives, i.e. new home. And that is how the parents will be paid for selling their child.

Now I don't think this is the case at all. But if you look at it from a conspiracy stand point, it could be why the donations page was setup, to set the stage for the "donation" to the family.

OiO

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sorry in advance for this rambling post but it is on topic, trust me.
Many years ago, 12 or 15, I read a book on oprahs book club , ( the horror) called ' the deep end of the ocean'. There's a movie by same name starring Michelle Pfieffer for those who don't like reading , but the book is nowhere near the novel, but you would get the point. The story is about a mother of 2 boys. Out one day shopping, she tells older boy hold younger boy's hand for just a minute while she did something, look in her purse or go to bathroom, etc. She comes back and younger boy is gone, vanished without a trace. Older boy is beside himself and has no clue really what happeend. He may have been 7 or 8ish if memory serves. The story is mainly about her depression that set in after and lasted for years. She was unable to parent and virtually ignored the other boy, not out of anger that he'd lost his brother , but just unable to deal with any portion of life. I've thought of that book often during these last 2 months. The title comes from her little boy, perhaps the kidnapped one, saying ' mommy where is the deep end of the ocean' and mom replying ' there is no deep end of the ocean'. She thought it was a cute, darnedest things kids say moment. Years later while laying in her bed that she called home she realized there is a deep end of the ocean and I'm in it right now. It's a very depressing novel but for readers you might enjoy it and if you get a chance check out the movie . It might give us some more insight into the parents of these lost and murdered babies and what they most go through. It will also give you gratitude that your own little loved ones are underfoot !

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

There is one theory out there on the internet about Lisa being sold for adoption. This is not my theory, but considering parents do this I thought I would post it.

Lisa was sold to someone for a black market adoption and the kidnapping story was staged as the coverup. Once the dust has settled the "anonymous benefactor" will donate the "reward" money to the parents to help them "move on" with their lives, i.e. new home. And that is how the parents will be paid for selling their child.

Now I don't think this is the case at all. But if you look at it from a conspiracy stand point, it could be why the donations page was setup, to set the stage for the "donation" to the family.

OiO

At the beginning of this thread (or a couple pages into it), this is the thought I had and thought that it could have happened. Now that we are two months into it, everything is on the table about what could have happened.

IWOH

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Personally I think these people are wasting their time, and Edith is starting to look like an eccentric busy-body. As far as I can tell, she's not an established or long-term friend of the family. Is she? Does anyone know? I think she just started her efforts independently. But I could be wrong about that.

I've no idea - I'm just posting what I find. If you get any information on her would you let me (us) know?
Thanks tons.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I found the following article this morning while doing a news update for Lisa:

Missing Lisa Irwin Case: Woman "will Find that Child"

The Name is exactly what the article name is. It was an interesting read. I believe it is a blog by a person with the name Mary Jane. The woman (in the article, not Mary Jane) has put lettering on her car in hopes that it will help:

To show her dedication, she has written "Bring Baby Lisa Home" on her blue Mustang in painted lettering.

I did find the last paragraph interesting. It is as follows:

Although it is admirable that one woman dedicates herself to finding missing children, it seems slightly odd that this woman is more determined to find answers than Lisa Irwin's own mother, Deborah Bradley. Bradley has not been out searching for Lisa and she shut down the vigils on the family's front lawn. The mystery is not what happened to Lisa these days; it is why Deborah is so hesitant to find her own daughter.

Interesting.

IWOH

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join