It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America website still having problems? A DOS attack or a stop to a run on the bank??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Bank Of America is playing stupid claiming it has no idea what has been wrong with its website for 5 days now.

NEW YORK (AP) — Bank of America's consumer online banking service was slow for a fifth day Tuesday, and the bank still wasn't saying what the problem was.

The bank said many times starting Friday that it had resolved the problem, but visitors to its home page still saw an error message for much of Tuesday saying the site was "running slowly" and customers might experience delays or have difficulty accessing parts of it.

The message encouraged customers to try again at "a non-peak time" or visit an ATM or one of nearly 6,000 branches to get into their accounts.

Looks like they are trying to slow or stop the backlash that their announced fees are causing?
Or is it an online attack?

news.yahoo.com...

MODS- I hope I put this in the right forum? If not please move it for me.
Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search and I didn't see it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've been having issues logging into the mobile site lately. Glad to hear its not just me. I though Someone was messing with my acct for a minute there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
just a banking false flag.

they're trying to slow down the masses of customers withdrawing $ out via the ease of online transfers

hence the site being down for nearly a week

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I was able to just log on fine, I am in Ca.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

I say this is a neo-run on the banks... I have a feeling that we could see more of this kind of tactic, where banks play stupid, to try to stop people from leaving... It's kinda funny that a multi-billion dollar company can't get it's website to work after several days, a website that has operated just fine for years...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Online banking has been working this entire time, so to claim this is to "stop a run on the bank" has no credibility.

You can still get in to your account, withdraw or add funds, pay bills, and do all the normal online banking activities. The stuff that is down is mostly the informational and fancy stuff: Current CD-rates, apply for a loan, open an account, all that stuff. Other than it being a bit slower than normal, any customer could perform normal banking functions.

Update: The whole site appears to be working right now at speed. Automatic transactions are working, end of month statements are processing normally, debit card purchases are being posted. etc. I don't see anything that is not working right now.

This was a pretty short-run conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

well my sky god is better than yours

j/k
I still find it kinda fishy... My girlfriend had trouble logging in (Quahog,Rhode Island) and because of that and 5 dollar a month bs, she switched banks.I also see a lot of comments around the web of people ditching BOA

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Nature has its' moments.

When disease is present,

the walls of defense will stand high.

maybe the "genius" genes do skip a generation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am a BOA user, for reasons beyond my control, and I can say that they are truly having difficulties right now.

Last Friday I went to my local branch to make a commercial deposit and the parking lot was full and the drive-thru was well into the street.

The ATM wasn't even working correctly and money transfers were on a waiting list. I know, I was trying to transfer cash.

My suggestion is to withdrawal as soon as possible and go to strictly a cash/money order basis. No matter what people are saying, BOA is in trouble and it's because people have started to pull out cash and the banks can't fulfill the demand without dipping into their reserves.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I am a BOA user, for reasons beyond my control, and I can say that they are truly having difficulties right now.

Last Friday I went to my local branch to make a commercial deposit and the parking lot was full and the drive-thru was well into the street.

The ATM wasn't even working correctly and money transfers were on a waiting list. I know, I was trying to transfer cash.

My suggestion is to withdrawal as soon as possible and go to strictly a cash/money order basis. No matter what people are saying, BOA is in trouble and it's because people have started to pull out cash and the banks can't fulfill the demand without dipping into their reserves.

What we are seeing here may be a preview of what's to come !

They are "thinking out loud" again.

All the banks will do this when necessary.....

All psychopaths have a method.

Rabis is a terrible disease

When a gila monster bites, he won't let go either

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I agree, except that you will not see a major run on the smaller local banks until they see the market is crashing. Many people I know will not see their money is threatened until the market bombs.

It's not a close enough relationship to change my view, but many folks see it that way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Bank Of America is playing stupid claiming it has no idea what has been wrong with its website for 5 days now.

"Get the heck out of that bank!"

nuf said, seriously BOA trying to stop consumers pulling all their money out at once (sounds familiar?)

behind the scenes, BOA is scrambling to cut checks to its OVERpaid execs with your savings, hence consumers being locked out intermittently!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
reply to post by schuyler

well my sky god is better than yours

j/k
I still find it kinda fishy... My girlfriend had trouble logging in (Quahog,Rhode Island) and because of that and 5 dollar a month bs, she switched banks.I also see a lot of comments around the web of people ditching BOA

It may be different, but it is not "better." I'm just telling you my experience. It works. Period. No problems. If you can't get in, sorry. I wasn't responding to the $5.00 per month fee. I was responding to the "down" web site.

I'm not being charged any fee, at least not yet.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I think this is rather alarming, there were other stopped from going into the Bank Of America, which was being protected by SWAT teams. If I were you lot I would close your accounts and take your money elsewhere. Before you a completely stopped from gaining access to your account.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And their logo looks like 11/11/11, so maybe there is really something significant coming, involving BOA.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Close your account now, stop feeding these pigs!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

People are being stopped from doing so. They cannot gain access to BOA, website to do so, when they go to the bank themselves to close their accounts they are stopped from doing so. So what to do you. Fight back?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Folks if the website does not work, walk into that bank and withdraw all of your money.

I mean, what more proof do people need here? They announce ridiculous fees on top of already ridiculous fees, and then they shut their website down as soon as people stopped doing business with them.

I'll be damned if someone were to tell me that I could not have my money, or pay them a fee to use my money.

Your money is better stuffed in your mattress at this point instead of allowing it into the hands of those vultures.

edit on 5-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by ignant

I think this is rather alarming, there were other stopped from going into the Bank Of America, which was being protected by SWAT teams.

This is a hoax.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
B of A user here, I just checked my online account and it appears that 2 of my 3 accounts isn't "available". WHAT THE HELL???

This failure ON TOP OF the annoucement that they are going to begin charging me $5/month to use my debit/check card now?

Do they want people to go back to using paper checks LOL????? Idiots.

Pulling out my money and closing my accounts once my new Credit Union accounts are all set up and functioning paying my bills.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join