It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does Remembering Your Dream Self Cause Your Dream Self To Remember You?

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think the key to unlocking your lucid dream potential is visualizing your dream self imagining your real self as a figment of IT's imagination! Any thoughts on my theory?
edit on 4-10-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
whoaa....thats deep. Funny you mentioned this cause ive noticed some new things in my dreaming lately. Maybe it relates to what your trying to say.

In the past few months I have noticed that in some dreams I remember a certain place, theme, or thing in a dream, then i revert back to the original place in a dream where i first encountered such things or places. Does that make sense?

I.E. i dream about this pawn shop/ antique shop very often. In the same shop work the same people i always dream about with the same items and dusty stuff. In a different dream i had someone had an item that was in the shop...then next thing i knew i was back in the shop discussing something with the shop keepers.

samething happens with a paintball field i dream about but doesnt actually exist.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname
 
I think I know what you mean and it seems very possible to me. And if say your Dream self and your real self did become aware of each other, what kind of impact would that have?



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
I think the key to unlocking your lucid dream potential is visualizing your dream self imagining your real self as a figment of IT's imagination! Any thoughts on my theory?
edit on 4-10-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)


I had a lucid dream last night, and it was awesome. The dream was so vivid that even after I realized I was dreaming, I began to re-question that assertion. Its amazing what goes on in your head during a dream. I was blowing up frogs with a rocket launcher, lmao.

In regards to your post, you're kind of saying that this is the dream and that dreams are the reality, or at least that's what you want to trick your brain into believing.

This is actually a very effective (known) way to achieve lucid dreaming. When I was actively into lucid dreaming in the past, when I first got into it, I would look at my hands and examine them very closely, all the while telling myself that I was actually in a dream. Then when I was in a dream, as a result of having done it all day, I repeated the process again, except that time, I actually was in a dream. Then,



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashlynbell
reply to post by thisisnotaname
 
I think I know what you mean and it seems very possible to me. And if say your Dream self and your real self did become aware of each other, what kind of impact would that have?



A conscious connection to your subconscious would reveal many things about yourself to yourself.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oddly this make alot of sense, while making one question the relationship between the mind body spirit and the concept of a dream self that lies between to communicate between the two... Great idea dude!



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Great Scott! That is a fantastic scenario for a story.

The dream self becomes aware that he/she is the product of a dream by the real self. Realizing that if the real self wakes up, the dream self will end, the dream self determines that the real self should never wake up.

The dream self also realizes that if the real self never wakes, the real self will die and the dream self will end. So the dream self inhabits the real body while keeping the real self in an unconscious state.

Any good writers out there want to run with this?



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Waking life meets inception with abit of the matrix? Maybe add some (noncheesy) romance and some anti-dream bodies and this'll be out next summer knowing hollywood lol.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
interesting thought. I have over the last couple of years, seemed to develop a habit of remembering dream scenes. it happens throughout the day, I will randomly remember a place I have been during a dream, the interesting part is it always seems like the places and feelings associated with the dream cant be put on a timeline. like they just continually exist but im not sure of the order that the dreams have occured. one place I dream about "feels" like its a few years old, some others seem newer...but still its all relative.
]=



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Great Scott! That is a fantastic scenario for a story.

The dream self becomes aware that he/she is the product of a dream by the real self. Realizing that if the real self wakes up, the dream self will end, the dream self determines that the real self should never wake up.

The dream self also realizes that if the real self never wakes, the real self will die and the dream self will end. So the dream self inhabits the real body while keeping the real self in an unconscious state.

Any good writers out there want to run with this?


If only it was that easy, I'd totally let that happen! My dream self is basically a (slightly) better version of me. Everytime I go lucid I try my best to stay asleep, very aware that it all is over once my body wakes up. Ultimately the only way to make those dreams last is by doing things in waking life, like dream journalling, meditating, and living a very peaceful life in general. This adds a little irony. Because there is nothing the dream body can do to make the body be that peaceful and susceptible to long, lucid dreams - it all has to be done by the waking physical body in preparation (and ultimately a kindness to the dream body). The dream body can however stall it for a minute by doing some tricks.

Now I don't want to say the waking body gives up it's life for the dream body, the waking body should enjoy all this very much and be content in a peaceful (and healthy physically and mentally) life there is no need to force anything or suffer for this.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join