It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Don't Think ET Has Visited Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think some people don't really grasp wastness of space, and somehow think our Earth is "special". My opinion is Life is "norm" in universe. As common as anything else. When we speak space and time and all components this our Universe contains, its quite certain life is given. Point is if Others visit, and I'd say no not yet. that's all

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I too believe that life is common in the Universe but I don't believe we've/we're been/being visited.

The vastness of space pretty much makes it improbable that it's happening.

Our closest star, Proxima Centauri would take us anywhere from 50,000 to 200,000 years to get there, and it's only 4 light years away, unrealistic.

Plus, has everyone forgotten Einstein's E=mc squared? The closer you get to the speed of light the more energy required until it begins finite.

So unless "Aliens" have developed instant space travel, their ships aren't traveling faster than light, as the energy required would be more than the Sun put's out in it's entire life.

I would love to believe an advanced civ has been checking us out, but why if they are clumsy enough to be spotted flying around, why aren't they clumsy enough to land, be looking at a rock and some red neck with a shotgun shoots one?

Plus, why Earth? Water is extremely common, so 'for our water" is out the window. "to look at a new species" ? Do us in the US travel to Australia to look at the toejam on an ant in the desert?
edit on 7-10-2011 by sniffs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Also, why do we just assume they would be our same size? if there are Stars out there that make the Sun look like a pebble, why can't we imagine planets rotating around those Stars with life that is so large, they could hold the Earth in their hands and squash it like a pimple?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Considering Humans have not really been around that long, why would it not be possible for them not to have visited earth before we were even here. Many posibilities surround the notion that they even had a hand in our existence, technology, religion, etc. To think that none of this could be possible, is just being closed minded. We have enough people telling us this could not be possible, we need more people actually looking into that fact that this is possible and stop hiding all the facts that we should be allowed to know about.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

space was "infinite" (being a ridiculously large number to calculate) before "we" (existence of man on earth) were here, and is still growing, to think that we are the only one that inhabited this rock is a bit of a farce, according to research into the summerians, the Tibeten's, the mayan, the Aztec and many more, all have knowledge of the same super ability to build monolithic structures, now this is where our "past" was wrong, we are not to say that ancient civilizations were at all using prehistoric tools, aka the stone axe and "rock smashing" tools. the ancients have had technology that we are barely rediscovering today in some cases, one specific group in india understood resonant frequencies, and understood the use of acoustics, not to mention the people of Tibet used acoustic levitation using trumpets, horns, drums, and humming of monks. that knowledge right there helps explain that our "ancestors" had an unusually better grasp of the cosmos than we did. and for my source, you can find all this information either through books or internet sources. ive done the research, you can go ahead and do that same. start with frequencies, frequency is key.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Of course I think everyone is entitled to their opinions as I hope you are with mine...I am definitely on the side of life being the norm in the universe but to say we haven't been visited because the universe is huge is kind of putting the universe in a very small box. You're assuming distance and size matters when it comes to inter-galactic travel and you're not even taking into account the possibility of inter-dimensional visitors. I don't know, I think that it is really beyond our comprehension and it's fun to make hypothesis but you have to understand that we just aren't informed enough to make a good one.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why Earth? and Why Humans?

Would you fly 10,000 miles to look at the dirt under the foot of an ant?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
you know, i hear people say that all the time..."we would be like ants to them" and it has never made any sense to me. Ants have a hugely interesting social structure that we are still learning from now, they perform feats with their bodies that we can barely do with machines and they have a communication structure, like plants, that uses chemicals to speak to one another. I would think that an alien race (millions of years past ours) would find us pretty interesting considering how removed they would be from our system. Now, with all the other aliens that are within a hundred thousand years of us evolutionarily, we'll we might still be on fairly close level. Just my opinion
edit on 7-10-2011 by kettenreaction because: misspelled something

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettenreaction
you know, i hear people say that all the time..."we would be like ants to them" and it has never made any sense to me. Ants have a hugely interesting social structure that we are still learning from now, they perform feats with their bodies that we can barely do with machines and they have a communication structure, like plants, that uses chemicals to speak to one another. I would think that an alien race (millions of years past ours) would find us pretty interesting considering how removed they would be from our system. Now, with all the other aliens that are within a hundred thousand years of us evolutionarily, we'll we might still be on fairly close level. Just my opinion
edit on 7-10-2011 by kettenreaction because: misspelled something

You have to realize though that not everyone shares the same interest. While you might think it's interesting to look at the feat of an ant, I summize most people on Earth would not.

When I walk down the street, I do not look at the path I'm walking to make sure I'm not stepping on any ants, I know I step on them.. do I care? No, I do not.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Plus, has everyone forgotten Einstein's E=mc squared? The closer you get to the speed of light the more energy required until it begins finite.

Even our current knowledge of physics recognizes that there may be loopholes (specifically wormholes) to Einstein's alleged cosmic speed limit.

Heck, even recently at CERN, they've seen that neutrinos just may be able to travel faster than light, so what does that do to his equation? Like Newton's before him, we STILL may use it as a handy tool, but it may not be as concrete as we think it is.

The bottom line is that older civilizations may be well aware of how to travel such distances in more manageable time frames. Just because we can't do it now, is silly to say it can't be done. Any quick search will show plenty of quotes of famous people stating such and such would be impossible, and then, 10 years later or less, we'd prove them wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm meant the interest in them scientifically. There are plenty of scientist out there that study ants and bugs and things we (most people) think of as small and uninteresting. All I was saying was I think that even a very advanced race could still find, scientifically, humans to be interesting and worthy of studying.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that we will explore the nearby stars within a thousand years, because Earth's GDP will be much larger and technology will be better. Who knows maybe we will find life on another planet in this solar system and it will motivate us to make the effort to explore a nearby star.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Even our current knowledge of physics recognizes that there may be loopholes (specifically wormholes) to Einstein's alleged cosmic speed limit.

Heck, even recently at CERN, they've seen that neutrinos just may be able to travel faster than light, so what does that do to his equation? Like Newton's before him, we STILL may use it as a handy tool, but it may not be as concrete as we think it is.

The bottom line is that older civilizations may be well aware of how to travel such distances in more manageable time frames. Just because we can't do it now, is silly to say it can't be done. Any quick search will show plenty of quotes of famous people stating such and such would be impossible, and then, 10 years later or less, we'd prove them wrong.

Wormholes and even blackholes are still just theories(yes, Einstein's relativity leaves room for these to exist). No one has absolute proof that blackholes exist. We can see massive amounts of light coming from the center of galaxies, but all it is is a theory that dust is rubbing together, getting hot and glowing as it's sucked into the void. Why is it, that everything, including light get's sucked into black holes, but Quasars can spit jets of particles and light from the center of their blackholes? Why wouldn't it just instantly get sucked back in and not create thousand light year beam's that we can detect? Is there a part of a blackhole in the center that is weaker than after the Event Horizon? Are those particles/beams of light moving FTL to negate the blackhole's pull?

If you take a sink and turn the water on, you get a pretty decent representation of what a blackhole should look like. If you take a sesame seed and drop it on the outer rim, it will eventually get sucked into the center. Is this ultimately going to happen to our Solar system?

If not, is dark matter falsely pushing against the suction of the blackhole creating this Event Horizon?

While all of the Universe studies are very interesting, very plausible, and make sense, 100% of it is theory until we can overcome the vast distances and prove it.

(sorry for getting offtopic)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
There is no doubt in my mind that we will explore the nearby stars within a thousand years, because Earth's GDP will be much larger and technology will be better. Who knows maybe we will find life on another planet in this solar system and it will motivate us to make the effort to explore a nearby star.

Go to the stars within 1,000 years? There are places on Earth that man has not been to, so i can't see us reaching the stars that soon:-

top-10-list.org...

If people reallly think that ET is visiting Earth and has been doing so for thousands of years then why has there been nothing left on Earth to show they have been here. Like some advanced technology etc. At least when man went to the moon we left a mood buggy there LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
If people reallly think that ET is visiting Earth and has been doing so for thousands of years then why has there been nothing left on Earth to show they have been here. Like some advanced technology etc. At least when man went to the moon we left a mood buggy there LOL

Not trying to be pedantic, but we left things on the moon because we could barely get the astronauts there and back. Leaving Earth's gravity is probably trivial for aliens that can travel 10 light years. There is so much junk is space that there could be miniature alien satellites up there snapping pictures and gathering electronic signals to send home for their social scientists and biologists to study.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Question:

What number comes after Sextrillion? And what comes after that? How high can you count?

Just stepping onto your thread to tell you that you are wrong, I am the living proof. *(At least for me that is*)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Question:

What number comes after Sextrillion? And what comes after that? How high can you count?

Just stepping onto your thread to tell you that you are wrong, I am the living proof. *(At least for me that is*)

Living proof of what?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WOW, people have to change their thinking for example not all life needs what the Human needs to survive and this includes parallel's as humanoids in form.

Plain and simple like myself I am as Human as you but with a Alien Soul that was transferred.....since this is something you can't imagine there is no way I can see you could possibly accept something like this to be possible but it is.

I've realized trying to explain how this is doesn't work well so I just take it for what it is and believe it is just what it is.

I try my best to look at everything dealing with this subject from both positons ...one living this Human life learning observing and comparing it to life in the Universe that has been denied you by the ones you chose as your Leaders.

About all I want to say is thngs are going to get worse but in time depending on your age you children and grandchildren will not be in debt as they make out their life will be the way you could only wish yours to be.

This cycle will close soon enough and the survivor's and one's like myself that have a job we were sent here to do will bring forth the existance you can only imagine.

Only time will show you my words one way or the other.

Their are many of us here whether transferred into Human form or living in the deepest of Earth's waters or looking down upon you and appearing as a star.

Wake up to what is most important in life which is ....................life

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
for people like me who think aliens have visited and there is contact between gov and aliens... please who didn't do it all ready vote here
vote here
edit on 8-10-2011 by MarkLuitzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by Required01

None of those links you gave PROVE in anyway that we have been visited. What they do show however is the creative imagination of those who produced them. Show me an Alien, show me a spaceship, show me ANYTHING that has come from beyond this planet to prove other world "Beings" are visiting Earth. I will then take you seriously.

And please do yourself a favour and not quote the TV show "Ancient Aliens" They reckoned that George Washington was in contact with ET LOL

How about the paintings with the 'disk shaped' objects in it? From times where nothing in this world can fly exept birds and insects? Show me a picture of a disk shaped opject bird or insect that lived at those times please!

You say it isn't true, witch means that whatever any whitness in court would say is automaticly BS because it's not proof! Tell that to the criminal convicted. Paintings are whitnesses telling what they see, same as wall writings, same as hyroglyphs.

But it is very clear that you started this topic with your mind all made up, and you simply are here to trying to 'sound' smart with a calculation that is already proven to be BS. You show that nobody no matter what they provide can change your mind, witch leaves very little room for 'discussion', afterall you are on a discussion forum not a dictation forum.

So my question is, why did you make this thread? What was the reason for it?

So because i believe in the Ancient Astronauts THEORY, i automaticly agree with whatever a TV show (made to get ratings!) is claiming? They did not invent the theory, all they do is show there view on it, and make it more 'interesting' so they get ratings. No ratings means the show gets pulled! Look at UFO Hunters! They got pulled for season 4 because there was not enough interest.

So stop putting words in my mouth and thinking you even know the slightest bit about me. I do NOT agree with everything a tv SHOW claims.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join