It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Don't Think ET Has Visited Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

As i said when i am allowed to post thread.......... I will be posting the proof of interference.......... in our evolution...... Through virus....... but the reasons for intervention......... well that i do not know for clear....... and if your asking for proven scientific data...... well then in that case we might need to capture a UFO........... lol.......... and beat the crap out of him for answers.............. lol.......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by Required01

Here are the calculations on the size of the possible know universe.

I am not saying i don't believe there is life out there because by the law of averages there must be. What i am stating is that i don't think ET has visited Earth.

By your statement that other ET civilizations could be "Millions of yours more advanced that human's" that would also mean that those civilizations could have died out millions of years ago also.

Where are the calculations? again what lies BEYOND the universe then, since you think it has an ending?

I never said that you did state that, many believe in aliens.

Not likely that an civilization that mastered space travel is going to be 'died out'. Read everything i wrote to you, maybe then you'll understand what i mean.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Sorry forgot to add link on size of universe. Here :-

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you read the link you provided? Seriously?

You claim the universe is 93 billion lightyears across, yet they specificly state that the observable (as in what we can see/observe!) is estimated to be 93 billion light years across. And what's beyond that? What we can 'see' with our 'primetive' technology compared to them is unthinkable.

Size
The comoving distance from Earth to the edge of the observable universe is about 14 billion parsecs (46 billion, or 4.6 × 1010, light years) in any direction. The observable universe is thus a sphere with a diameter of about 28 billion parsecs (93 billion, or 9.3 × 1010, light years). Assuming that space is roughly flat, this size corresponds to a comoving volume of about 3.5 × 1080 cubic meters. This is equivalent to a volume of about 410 nonillion cubic light-years (4.1 × 1032 cubic light years).

Observable Universe Wiki

The title already states it!

edit on 6-10-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yes i read it. You can only quite the size of the observable universe because that's all we have to go on. What may be beyond that is pure quess work. It may end at 93.1 light years or go on much much further. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yes i read it. You can only quite the size of the observable universe because that's all we have to go on. What may be beyond that is pure quess work. It may end at 93.1 light years or go on much much further. Who knows.

So? That kinda smashes your point/statement into the ground then.
We are not bound by natural laws!

They discovered particles traveling FASTER then the speed of light! That's just what WE know.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Like many have said, doesn't really matter how big the Universe is, it just matters how close the next nearest, inhabited star system is...and of course, whether or not that civilization has advanced their technology enough to travel vast, interstellar distances.

The odds of others like us being out there are astronomically good.

However, with our current understanding of physics, the odds they could actually reach us are pretty astronomically bad.

However, the factor of more advanced physics and tech breakthroughs, is impossible to include in the calculation, as it's an unknown factor.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This is hte opinion I've always had. If I was passing by earth in my spaceship, I don't think I'd want to come down here. I mean, the spaceship is super super clean. Everything is looked after and organized. And my genetics don't allow me to go on earth directly without a suit or without extensive modifications to my body. It's an immunity issue. It's a physical issue. I've evolved to live on spaceships, not on planets. It's even a cultural issue. We know that exposing our culture to your own is dangerous to you and us. So we much prefer to avoid the chaos that would be a consequence of open contact. Anyway, earth is dirty. The people are backwards. They're so dumb too. They're comparable to a toddler on one of our large base ships. Explaining things is too time consuming for us. We might use a human as a pet or go-between sometimes, but other than that, it's too much hassle. Cleaning up after them, worrying about them, it's just not worth it.

Does that mean we avoid you altogether? Of course not. We watch you. We try to help. We want you to improve yourselves. But you have to learn a lot of it yourself. We don't go out of our way. Remember, we have to survive too. If we had to make a choice between you and us, we would let you die so that we could survive. It's not a choice we would make happily. But since we live where we want - in our artificial habitats - it's not likely that we would have to make a choice between you and us. We can exist here together easily because we do not have to live together.

When I see you down there, I always whisper "Hello. Get well soon." I always wish you the best. We were like you at one time. In the most important ways, we're the same as you. If it helps you for me to say it, life is a struggle everywhere in the universe. If we lived as you, it would be quite easy for us. But we always strive to improve ourselves. We would not be happy only surviving. Thus, we're always finding new challenges. There's always a new domain; a new frontier.

Live long and prosper. Do not dwell on the negative unless you can change it.

Do you ever wonder: "Why do you not come down here and make us like you? We're suffering." If you do then ask yourself, "Why do we not make non-human primates like us?" Are animals on earth not suffering? Primates above all, do they not deserve your respect?

In my mind, we have already met ET. ET is in dolphins, primates, avians, and so on. I would not want to be chummy with a lifeform that's more advanced than me. The thought is too disturbing. Look at how we treat animals or pets? That's not a relationship that's positive, is it? I don't think it is. I believe pets would be happier on their own. Life is happy when ti's free. Yes, life is hard, but without freedom even a long life is like murder. Our freedom is our most cherished asset.

I believe we make a mistake when we assume that our life is suffering. Anything can be! There is murder, there is crime, there is famine, there is disease, there is death, there is unfairness. All true! But everything exists as a thought. Everything, therefore, is in the eye of the beholder. If we want to live in heaven, the only way that will ever happen is if we make it happen. There is no after-life. We have to believe we can make it here and now, not 1000000 years in the future. Dreams and visions are what keep us moving forward. They motivate us to work. They're what cause people to sacrifice and struggle to achieve goals. Suffering, I believe, is a condition in the system. But it's not eternal and you can choose to sink yourself into it. You can die that way, if you choose. But I prefer to believe that we die dreaming; we die fighting!! We have a cause!

It's our cause that makes us eternal. It removes our fears. It emboldens us.

When I die, I want to die stubborn and with a cause. I will not be a victim. I will die fighting.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Every hour some microbial speck from space is hitting the Earths protective shield and it is destroyed. So therefore, an alien life form has found its way here. Now and then something makes its way through and hits the ground. Most asteroids chunks are devoid of life. If something survives, and live in an oxygen saturated atmosphere, it might have a slim chance to grow into something. Hmm, say a virus of some kind. We just don't know really, until we catch one in the act.

Who or what is the life progenitor for Earth. Something gave rise to life here, but what exactly. The debate rages to this day...Evolution versus Divine design. Perhaps a bit of both!

My current belief is that ideate itself was the progenitor...the idea of COSMOS gave rise to it, via a great birth from nothing...from which all that exists is made. This also includes the archetypal for the Divine-One. The Divine is cosmic consciousness. That consciousness is not thought as we know it, but is force to will.
Reality isn't...but rather a misconception. What is, isn't...but rather a hologram like projection from the cosmic consciousness. You may think you exist, but you don't really. Only the karmic constructed animism of self that believes it exists. Do you really believe you are just the sum of cell tissues? Or are you pure energy of force?

There is a being that is for all intents and purposes, the staff of caretakers for the cosmos. Some call them angels, I call them Extra-Dimensional-Biological-Entities; or E.D.B.E.'s These things come and go every waking second with in the cosmos. Aliens...are E.D.B.E's. They also are devoid of human thought capacity because they are not intended to be any way like us. They monitor and generally try to avoid detection.

There are several types of E.D.B.E's and the oft quoted bible has given descriptions of them in the rankings of angels. "Angels" are not benevolent...but rather malevolent..and detached. They can help if directed to do so, but otherwise really only monitor. Some have other functions, that we have yet to be made aware of.

Angels or E.D.B.E's are aliens...and they do inhabit earth. ET has visited and continues to visit Earth! One other thing, when your collection of cells decays and ceases to function, you do not go to a physical place and sit around with angels. Your consciousness rejoins the higher consciousness, and then eventually, will re-issue itself once again via karmic will when it decides it ready.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If only 0.00001 of those stars have one inhabital planet around them

Where did this number 0.00001 come from? Isn't it more reasonable to assume that almost every star has a habitable planet? Also, I saw an article about a new theory of how life evolved. Essentially life is a natural response to natural planetary forces in the same way that convection moves heat. (Sorry, I wish I could find the article - because the ideas were over my head and I can't explain them.) But if that theory is correct then life isn't a fluke; it's certain to happen on a planet like Earth and probably on many other types of planets - probably Venus and Mars in the past. I'm looking forward to pictures of a trilobite fossil on Mars. Intelligent life seems to be normal also. If there is a niche something evolves to fill that niche.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

As i have already stated, the probability of life elsewhere is a very strong possibility and it's one that i subscribe to. However.......i don't believe that ET's are flying around or landing/crash landing on Earth. The odd's that they have found us are too great.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I seriously think you need to do more homework.

NASA announced this in march already!

New Estimate for Alien Earths: 2 Billion in Our Galaxy Alone

So is it still so unlikely to you that they visisted or visiting us? If you seriously say yes, your just really ignorant!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So you think we are being visited by ET? Show me the proof. And i don't mean You Tube Videos of lights in the sky that could be anything. I am willing to accept what you say if you can provide REAL evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
In other words, they couldn't have ever gotten here, because we haven't yet figured out how to get "there".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So you think we are being visited by ET? Show me the proof. And i don't mean You Tube Videos of lights in the sky that could be anything. I am willing to accept what you say if you can provide REAL evidence.

Hell no, not going to do the work for you dude. Just use the search here on "ancient aliens" or "alien visitation". There is lots out there that would suggest alien visitation is a very likely option. Ancient civilizations on earth drawing on wall of flying disks, big headed beings, even the freaking paintings of jesus and other religious paintings have ufo's in them!

Chariots of fire coming down from the sky, gods (as in multiple) decending from the heavens, strange pendants from mayan/inca times shaped as planes.

I can go on for ever, but do the work yourself! I have been researching alien visitiation for 6 years now. Yet you come here with some strange mathematics about a observable universe and what not.

Do the work.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

LOL You call that "PROOF"? I give up.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

LOL You call that "PROOF"? I give up.

Is that ALL you can reply? And you give up? LOL yet you believe in a 2,000 year old fairy tale. But when things like these are FOUND you "give up" and laugh?

Whatever dude go believe you crazy non-sense expanation why we have not been visited.

You prove that aliens have never visited us.
You prove they have no technology that bends space and time.
You prove they don't live in our galaxy.
You prove that ALL the "whitness accounts, video's, pictures, etc are FAKE.

You can't prove that, nor that i can PROVE that they have. But to be that ignorant that would think we are the only intellegent life in billions of years is beyond me!
edit on 7-10-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

And what 2000 year old fairy tale would that be?

There is no onus on me to prove anything. You are the one who reckons we are being visited by ET.....but without a shred of proof to back it up? Was you there when the ancients where painting these "ET" murals? No i thought not. Yet you tell me they where painting evidence of ET visiting Earth. Oh dear .

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

And what 2000 year old fairy tale would that be?

There is no onus on me to prove anything. You are the one who reckons we are being visited by ET.....but without a shred of proof to back it up? Was you there when the ancients where painting these "ET" murals? No i thought not. Yet you tell me they where painting evidence of ET visiting Earth. Oh dear .

You CLAIM they are not visiting us, I never CLAIMED they where, i said i BELIEVE they are! Because of NASA releasing info that there 2 BILLION planets in OUR galaxy that can sustain life, is more then enought o dismiss your mathematical claim because it is 100% non-sense as NASA said.

So everything archologists find is made up? Just because they where not there? LOL how old are you? you even know math? What is 3 + 6?

So what is this then?
hyroglyphs

Or this?
Ufo Jesus

Or this?
Ufo Jesus

Or this?
Last one

Go here to find out the text that goes with it.
Crystal Links

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

None of those links you gave PROVE in anyway that we have been visited. What they do show however is the creative imagination of those who produced them. Show me an Alien, show me a spaceship, show me ANYTHING that has come from beyond this planet to prove other world "Beings" are visiting Earth. I will then take you seriously.

And please do yourself a favour and not quote the TV show "Ancient Aliens" They reckoned that George Washington was in contact with ET LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by cloudyday

As i have already stated, the probability of life elsewhere is a very strong possibility and it's one that i subscribe to. However.......i don't believe that ET's are flying around or landing/crash landing on Earth. The odd's that they have found us are too great.

I agree with you that the normal UFO hypothesis of hoards of aliens in space ships abducting people and probing their anuses is a little hard to believe. But I bet our star has already been visited and there is probably some alien civilization keeping an eye on us through miniature satellites or something. After all, Earth is certain to send a spacecraft to the nearby stars and if we find planets with life won't we want to know what they are doing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join