It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Don't Think ET Has Visited Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

No not at all. I'm not taking anything away from the intuitiveness and intelligence of our ancestors. It's just that there needs to be more of a rigorous examination on the pyramids and their contents. These pyramids were not just tombs for the deceased.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Do you know why i think the Egyptians built the pyramids? Well, the hyrogliphics denote Egyptian culture not anything "ET". Also they are built in............Egypt.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Nice "Story" but no proof it was "Not of this world". For all we know it could be humkan time travelers from our future. Sounds just as plausable .

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We are all basing our opinions off of human technologies and the expected outcome we hope it achieves as it progresses into the future at an accelerating rate when comparing ourselves to beings of other star systems.
Alien tech and societies could evolve with properties at different rates in galaxies with entirely opposite effects on how things naturally progress. it is outside our ability to rationalize their technology with any means because it is non-existant within our realms of thinking. UNLESS. Properties are universal in which case, they have just as hard of a time travelling space and communicating with other races as currently do and ultimately age with the same technological advances as we did, from rocks to space stations.

That said, I will base my opinion on the matter on the assumption they have relavtively similiar technology in certain aspects such as computer systems, cryogenic freezing and AI robotics.

Computer systems - Matched with AI robotics, an advanced alien species could simply map the stars as we have, but by sending out AI probes to collect information that is analyzed by these highly efficient alien supercomputers.
They would be able to tell the creators of the system, the content of our planet or even Galaxy.
Imagine a probe that has a personal camera on it with the capabilities of Hubble, that can move around at near light speed. Add X-ray, microwave, radio.
It would be able to constantly relay information on everything within 13.5 billion light years.

Assuming the intentions of the Alien race, we have to assume they are potentially malevolent. Based on our history.
What purposes would it serve for them to travel to Planet Earth?

Like any species, to devour, or work for the good of the colony? Would it simply be for our natural resources?

In this case, a full scale invasion or complete takeover of earth, their technology would need to be considerable.
Their transport would have to be massive in scale, the size of an Asteroid. And self sufficient.
Gravitation, maybe using magnetics. Air, possbily using natural fauna. Most importantly, they would need order.
By order, I mean, they would have to have a moral code, to make it that far through space without a civil war.

Cryopreservation - I believe would be a necessary function to survive a longterm space travel.
Mastery of their anatomy would be key. Eugenics, cloning. Meshing biotechnologies and creating cyborgs.

Let's face it, space travel, no matter the technology or speed you're travelling, is not a short term thing unless you're staying within your star system. You need to be a mix of artificial and natural parts that can be transplanted with cloned parts to stay alive.

I don't feel like typing any more so that's a pretty good idea of what i'm trying to convey to you all, don't be afraid to throw some ideas in their or carry on with an idea.

edit on 4-10-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok first just think of all the advancements that have occurred on our planet in the past 100 years. To me it's staggering. Now imagine a life form from another planet that's just a measly 10,000 years more advanced than us.

We have a satellite called Kepler that searches our galaxy for earth like planets. It has found 15 already maybe more. Eventually we'll have satellites that are better at finding habitable planets or even being able to detect life perhaps. And imagine how many will be found within the next 10,000 years. They estimate there are over 2 billion earth like planets in the Milky Way so forget the entire universe our galaxy alone could hold many advanced civilizations.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Reece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
The possible know diameter of the Universe is 96 BILLION LIGHT YEARS
There are estimated to be 300 SEXTRILLION STARS (300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000)
If only 0.00001 of those stars have one inhabital planet around them that would still equal 300,000,000.0 alien lifeforms are possible. With that many possible lifeforms how would they have found US? The maths are too large for the chance that any ET may have hit on finding Earth.

Maybe they are a billion years ahead of us technologically and can do things that would seem impossible to us.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
To bring the math a bit into perspective, besides our Sun, there are 46 sunlike stars within 54 light-years of Earth, on average a billion or so years older than our Sun, with probably no more than a couple of dozen habitable planets. We are already observing planets within that range and farther. So, of course, any civilization millions of years older than ours would have been aware of Earth a very long time ago. And they may have long since colonized some planets that they found habitable but uninhabited, while only observing planets with less advance civilizations. Those are our galactic neighbors, no more than 54 light-years away, the most likely culprits.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

When the great European explorers i.e The British, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese etc landed on new found continents, they went ashore and made themselves known to the Natives. On the other hand people believe that ET's can travel huge distances across space and when they find planet Earth what do they do? They just play around in Earths atmosphere without making contact with the people of Earth. Let's use a little common sense here.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well, in Star Trek, they talk about the Prime Directive: Observe but don't contaminate a primate culture.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Observe? For what reason? Why bother to travel vast distances to just come and "Window Shop". And if as some people seem to think ET has been visiting Earth for thousands of years, then they have must have been doing plenty of observing. I think they have found out what they wanted to know a long long time ago if the existance of ET visitations can be believed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Maybe individual visitors come and go and, aside from being a site for anthropolgical study and a source of fresh art, music, sports, etc., Earth is one of the best tourist attractions in this part of the galaxy. Or maybe they're here to protect us from the Romulans, Klingons, Borg, . . . Or maybe this is the only inhabited planet in the galaxy and UFOs are just examples of ball lightning that occasionally extend landing pads and touch down (or only seem to but scorch the ground and leave indentations).

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The possible know diameter of the Universe is 96 BILLION LIGHT YEARS
There are estimated to be 300 SEXTRILLION STARS (300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000)
If only 0.00001 of those stars have one inhabital planet around them that would still equal 300,000,000.0 alien lifeforms are possible. With that many possible lifeforms how would they have found US? The maths are too large for the chance that any ET may have hit on finding Earth.

Any links/proof of that 'diamater' of the universe? IF that is the diameter of the universe, what's beyond it? Because by that conclusion it means the Universe has an end, so there must be something beyond that.

Also the universe is 'believed!' to be billions of years old! Witch means 'intellegent' life could have been around 'millions' of years before us! Witch makes them millions of years more advanced then us! We at this point can view a nice portion of the sky with 'sight' and 'signals'. Imagine what a civilization that is millions of years more advanced then us can do!

If you can bend space/time witch is a theory out there, it doesn't matter if you live 1 lightyear away or 3 million light years. You would be at the same spot in a very short time. It's the same as taking a piece of paper and drawing 2 points on each end of the paper and then folding it in half so the points line up and your distance is reduced to almost nothing.

So with the very very limited knowledge we have about space, time, or even our own planet. your numbers me render completely invalid in the future.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Do you know why i think the Egyptians built the pyramids? Well, the hyrogliphics denote Egyptian culture not anything "ET". Also they are built in............Egypt.

Yeah because aliens who don't want to disclose themselves would build pyramids in Egypt and put drawings and markings on there from the chinese. /sarcasm off.

Sorry but not everything that seems obvious, actually is obvious. Also the Egyptians have a lot of hyroglyphs that do indicate some 'beings' or 'ships' decending from the sky. Even the pharo's had 'elongaded' heads, witch is not a general human feature. Not to mention the Sumarians, that lived way before the Egyptian times. Maybe do a bit of research on ancient civilizations and 'possible' aliens and look at the evidence what they 'saw' and 'drew'.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hello Everybody.........

I believe ET............ have visited us........... there are many proofs........... but as to the question why they visit us.......... that is a difficult question.............. because at the moment we cannot determine.......... how old is our civilization........ we say Egyptian were the oldest......... but there r proofs of older civilizations............ Industrial revolution started with invention/ reinvention of steam engine........... but Greeks have the theory and knowledge to make steam engine even before 10 BC......... some claims say before 200 BC...... so we never know exactly what happen........... in the past........... because even archaeologist.......... can excavate and analyse sites that are not older than 20,000 years.......... rest sites/ evidence are now under water.......... so what level of technology existed is quite unclear......... maybe our ancestors contacted the aliens in the first place..........

Have fun......... Peace..........
Primus

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Here are the calculations on the size of the possible know universe.

I am not saying i don't believe there is life out there because by the law of averages there must be. What i am stating is that i don't think ET has visited Earth.

By your statement that other ET civilizations could be "Millions of yours more advanced that human's" that would also mean that those civilizations could have died out millions of years ago also.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Sorry forgot to add link on size of universe. Here :-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Let me explain..............

What if UFOs found us/contacted us............. say 30,000 years ago........... but when they returned.......... couple of years later......... they found sophistication and technology......... that was way too much advanced.............. ie... humans developed technology too fast............. so they started to fear us......... hence they intervene......... this may account for de evolution........ now they visit us time to time to keep track of technology.......... and also they introduce many blocks in our brains so that we might not be able to use very little part of the brain......... I believe they did this thru......... VIRUS(biological entity)....... When i m allowed to post thread will post a thread on how virus affect us and what r viruses........... but still they could not suppress the power of the brain.......... Human still continues to connect subconsciously.............. thats very debatable........ but it happens.........

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

And do you know why Egyptians carry serpent head gear???? LORD ENKI ANNUNAKI

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Let's use a little common sense here.

Its common sense in the image you reflect my friend
"WE ARE WE" FAMILY

edit on 10/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Primus87

As i stated earlier..........Where is the PROOF to what you assume may have happened. Without proof you have nothing. Just conjecture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join