It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

George Soros' Sympathy For Wall Street Protesters

page: 3
21
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


It surely does, if someone of his stature and influence is 'sympathetic' to the cause that is very, very alarming. Perhaps he'll look to donate to Adbusters if indeed, he is not a major contributor at present.


Is that how it works?
I guess I better take a second look at the clan leaders who sympathize with the TEA party and the whole 3 people that want to fund it as much as possible. I did not realize we could transpose intention thusly.


and maybe you could make a thread on it too...(clan leaders who sympathize with the TP...)

What do you think about Soro's? Do you think he planned OWS long before it began?
In your opinion, what is OWS's main message?
Do you think Soro's should protest side by side with these seemly confused protesters?
What do you think Soro's idiology is? Do you relate to it?
Do you think he should contribute something directly to the protesters, like for instance, ... all you can eat pizza or maybe a few courses in Economics

Did you see the anti semantic protesters? In your humble gracious opinion, do you think Soro's sympathizes with them?
Do you think Soro's sympathizes with the protesters who say (yell) they hate America?
Do you agree with them?
Personally, I imagine Soros is flying high on life, thoroughly amused as to how his plan is coming together better than he imagined.
The only sympathy I will feel for those who are pushed under the bus after he (Soros) is finished with them is that they blindly trusted a snake who doesn't deserve their respect.

Edit to add: I look forward to hearing your answers.
edit on 18-10-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics
 


Given that the protests are fully justified given the US government are now sock puppets of Wall Street instead of working for the PEOPLE, I'd say Soros is spot on. Not suprising though, he helped topple a ton of injust governments and donates millions to education and other aid projects.

Go OWS!!!



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Soros clearly has several horses running in the same race. He always does. He's got them running in the OWS Triple Crown, The Middle East and even in Uganda. He's all over the place in order to advance his "Greater Good" philosophy of his Open Society fantasy. I believe the man also creates "situations" with one hand only to fight them with the other in a classic megalomaniac style once only seen in James Bond movies.

Here is a little quiz regarding OWS

WHO STARTED OCCUPY WALL STREET?
>> WHO IS THE FATHER OF OWS?
>> HOW DID THIS MOVEMENT START?
>> WHO PLANNED THIS EVENT?
>> WHO IS PAYING FOR THE MADISON AVENUE MARKETING FIRM? THE NEWSPAPERS? THE FLYERS?
>> WHAT ROLE DID SEIU PLAY IN THE PLANNING OF THIS EVENT?
>> WHO IS STEPHEN LEARNER?
>> WHO IS VAN JONES?
>> WHAT IS THE CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS?
>> WHO IS GEORGE SOROS?
>> WHAT IS HIS RELATIONSHIP TO CAP?
>> IS HE A CRONY CAPITALIST?
>> DOES HE PAY HIS FAIR SHARE?
>> IS HE GETTING RICH OFF OF THE CORRUPT SYSTEM OF WALL STREET SPECULATION?
>> HOW DOES HE MAKE HIS MONEY?
>> HE MADE $7 BILLION DOLLARS LAST YEAR PERSONALLY THROUGH HIS HEDGE FUND AND INVESTMENTS — IS THAT OKAY? IF YES, WHY? IF NO, WHY?

www.theblaze.com...

Soros is the king Midas of poop. Whatever he touches turns to !@#$ as part of his plan of course. He makes his money and then gets out.



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


The Blaze? Really? No wonder you don't really know what the movement stands for


Fact is, those people have all the right to protest given that the government are now mere sock puppets of Wall Street (proven fact!!!)...and Glenn ranting against it should tell anyone how great that movement is


The Blaze also mislead people on net neutrality, potraying the EXACT OPPOSIT of what it tried to accomplish. Why? Because good old Beck's a sock puppet too

edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Plenty of evidence to link Soros, his ideology and his money to OWS via a plethora of his connected organizations.

He is also linked to Responsiblity to Protect which is dictating Obama's foreign policy and our new troop deployment in Uganda. Soros also has oil interests in Uganda.

Move on.org, tides foundation, open society, INET etc etc are all connected to OWS in one way or another. The post from the Blaze was just a little quiz. Nothing more nothing less.

How'd you do on it?
edit on 18-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


Who cares if Soros is donating money to the movement, it's a legit movement with a good reason to protest. I can't stand the Koch brothers, but if they donated money to that cause, it wouldn't invalidate the reasons for protesting imo...not unless I had real evidence for something bad happening. So not sure why you're concerned about Soros donating money in the absence of any facts suggesting the movement is bad.

As for Uganda, they are fighting horrible rebels who rape and pillage entire villages. Now, you can argue it's a waste of taxpayer money, but considering it's gonna be US companies taking advantage of the country's resources (diamonds, minerals, etc.) once those rebels have been taken care of, there's nothing wrong with it. Uganda is an incredible rich country, and so far, almsot inaccessible because of those rebels. So not only is it a humanitarian mission, it's also going to result in profit for US companies.

In short, how is anything you posted portraying the protestors in a bad light? They are protesting the fact that the government has become a sock puppet of corporate America instead of working for the people...nothing wrong with that. As for Soros donating money, more people should support the cause. The political system in the US (and many other countries like the UK) is seriously broken, and it's about time the people stand up and say "enough is enough".

Not surprised Beck's against it though, and trying to smear the movement. He's a complete and proven liar, as is evident when examining his stance on net neutrality for example. Getting your "information" or "news" from that clown is like getting tips about how to stop drinking alcohol from an alcohol. I mean, you're getting your "news" from the man who tried to sell people gold at a price that requires a 65% increase (!!!) in price before those foolish investors break even...and you trust that guy, really?


Don't make me copy/paste my "here's how Glenn lies" post again

edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Soros is the puppeteer of the same sock puppets that you despise. The man only acts in his best interests. So, hate the puppets but not the puppeteer?

Just for the Record, Soros' attachment to the RTP doctrine/Obama Doctrine, had enough influence via his heavily supported INternational Crisis Group and his Open Society to actually get a law (S.1067) signed into place last year that has laid the groundwork for what is going on right now. All for oil!

Do a little homework on the Revenue Watch Institute. Look up INter Oil. Soros his a major stake holder. Oil baby and its dirty money influence. The same dirty money that is being spread around OWS like a herpes infection. Open YOUR eyes. Soros as been working Uganda since at least 2006 and got a man into the WH who can help him advance his interests there.

Obama

Today, I signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009. The legislation crystallizes the commitment of the United States to help bring an end to the brutality and destruction that have been a hallmark of the LRA across several countries for two decades, and to pursue a future of greater security and hope for the people of central Africa.

The Lord’s Resistance Army preys on civilians – killing, raping, and mutilating the people of central Africa; stealing and brutalizing their children; and displacing hundreds of thousands of people. Its leadership, indicted by the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity, has no agenda and no purpose other than its own survival. It fills its ranks of fighters with the young boys and girls it abducts. By any measure, its actions are an affront to human dignity.

www.whitehouse.gov...

More war mongering from RTP, Soros, and Obama. We are going to Nation Build in Uganda to further enhance and develop the oil interests of Soros. ALL at the expense of the TAX PAYER!!

I leave you this gem from Soros
"there are symbiotic moments between political and business interests" Indeed, OWS represents Both for Soros.
Great 2004 article about Soros from a time when he decided to go full bore to advance his cause. If you dare to read it.
www.newyorker.com...



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A simple Soros translation...

Original Soros - "I sympathize with the protesters"

Translation - (queue Mr. Burns voice) - "Excellent! All of them marching to the beat but too dumb to know I'm they one playing the tune!!"



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
A simple Soros translation...

Original Soros - "I sympathize with the protesters"

Translation - (queue Mr. Burns voice) - "Excellent! All of them marching to the beat but too dumb to know I'm they one playing the tune!!"


Well, so far those protestors are achieving EXACTLY what they should...politicians are slowly moving to their side because they're worried to lose votes. Hell, even people like Santorum and Romney, who were VERY vocal against the movement are now flipflopping because they realize those protestors aren't going anywhere...and opposing them will cost votes.

In short, not exactly what your point is. What's bad about the movement? Enlighten us...how is protesting against governments being mere sock puppets a bad thing???



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 





The Lord’s Resistance Army preys on civilians – killing, raping, and mutilating the people of central Africa; stealing and brutalizing their children; and displacing hundreds of thousands of people.


This should be all that matters if you care about ethics and morals. After all, isn't the US credo "freedom and liberty"? So how on earth is this humanitarian mission a bad thing? Because they get some oil revenues in return?

Are you seriously arguing in favor of letting the LRA murder and rape innocent people? Really?


And of course some companies and people will profit, they always do. But the end result won't change, they might just stop the rape and murder over there, which is 100% a good thing.

But it's ok, keep on trying to smear the movement based on "information" and opinions of Beck, the man trying to sell his viewers gold 65% above market price (I'd offer it for 60% above market price if you're interested)


Lastly, how does the whole LRA thing put the OWS in a bad light???
edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by jibeho
 





The Lord’s Resistance Army preys on civilians – killing, raping, and mutilating the people of central Africa; stealing and brutalizing their children; and displacing hundreds of thousands of people.


This should be all that matters if you care about ethics and morals. After all, isn't the US credo "freedom and liberty"? So how on earth is this humanitarian mission a bad thing? Because they get some oil revenues in return?

Are you seriously arguing in favor of letting the LRA murder and rape innocent people? Really?


And of course some companies and people will profit, they always do. But the end result won't change, they might just stop the rape and murder over there, which is 100% a good thing.

But it's ok, keep on trying to smear the movement based on "information" and opinions of Beck, the man trying to sell his viewers gold 65% above market price (I'd offer it for 60% above market price if you're interested)

edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)


I know exactly who the LRA is. They have been doing what they do for 20 YEARS! and I certainly do not advocate their actions. Nice assumption though. One fact remains is that they pose no immediate threat to the US or direct US interests. The only interests served by the mission are those of Soros. The oil profits will go straight to him for Money is only a tool to Soros. Have you looked up InterOil yet? Soros gained big with them in New Guinea. He will do the same in Uganda. Both with help from Obama. In New Guinea, it was US tax dollars invested to develop energy resources that in turn benefited Soros.

Put the pieces together that I have so literally laid out for you. 20 years of the LRA and nothing. Now we have the Obama Doctrine/Responsibility to Protect doctrine at play In Libya as a beta test for what we are seeing in Uganda. Actual, special forces and equipment on the ground. Obama is still paying back his largest donors.

Put the pieces together without referring to Beck. The information is out there without ever crossing paths with Beck.

You keep referring to Beck. I have cited nothing from Beck aside from a little quiz. Why the obsession with Beck?

My head hurts!!

The LRA connects back to Soros and his money and influence. The same money and influence being spent on OWS as it relates to the OP. He uses money to influence outcomes to persuade and to make certain guarantees. That's why he has invested so dearly in Obama, his policies and in OWS.

Put it all together instead of playing coy.
edit on 18-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


You still haven't presented the slightest proof that the OWS movement is bad. All you do is list people you don't like who are donating money or otherwise supporting it, when in reality, it doesn't matter who supports it. What matters is that they succeed in WAKING UP the people to the fact that their government are a bunch of sock puppets...and they're succeeding nicely at it so far

edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by jibeho
 


You still haven't presented the slightest proof that the OWS movement is bad. All you do is list people you don't like who are donating money or otherwise supporting it, when in reality, it doesn't matter who supports it. What matters is that they succeed in WAKING UP the people to the fact that their government are a bunch of sock puppets...and they're succeeding nicely at it so far

edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)


I have in other threads. This thread pertains to Soros and his influence and it should matter who supports OWS. The fact that you don't care speaks volumes as to your integrity. Just some cash to support the cause eh? You might as well be a sock puppet yourself.

At the beginning of this movement, I had some high hopes because there were some legitimate general ideas. Ending or reforming the fed would be a nice start. However, the message of forgiving student loans, the support given to Communist Party who now supports OWS, the lack of any reaction to the recent swell of anti semitic comments, the enlistment of Unions as warm bodies to fill the streets and a total lack of a clear message or leadership has slapped me back into reality. This movement was never grass roots to begin with. It's just a game and big party to the slackers in the streets. Lazy !@#$% Slackers.

I can't relate to these people protesting and wishing for a world free of money, obligation and responsibility. The independent and undecided voters can't relate to them either. I can't agree with the hypocrisy of this movement who marches on the home of media tycoon while passing by the home of George Soros while at the same time calling for the heads of bankers. I can't agree with the means to an ends mentality of the the organizers who advocate violence as a means.

The OWS movement is all over the place and will collapse under its own weight, rants and selfishness. It will also collapse under the weight of radical endorsements and supporting hypocrites like Obama and Rangel.
How soon people forget.... The tipping point is near and it will not favor OWS.
edit on 18-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 





the support given to Communist Party who now supports OWS, the lack of any reaction to the recent swell of anti semitic comments, the enlistment of Unions as warm bodies to fill the streets and a total lack of a clear message or leadership has slapped me back into reality.


1) How is the OWS movement supporting the communist party??? They aren't calling for communism, they're mostly against corporations abusing the government, that's supposed to work for the people, as mere sock puppets. That's the main message through all of this...obviously that message is lost on channels like Fox who focus on the odd one out in the crowd.

2) What anti-semitic comments
One fool within the movement screaming some nonsense doesn't mean the entire movement is anti-semitic. And the majority most definitely isn't anti-semitic.

3) Of course unions have an interest in the movement. Just like the OWS movement, they are against the exploitation of the working man...makes total sense.


In short, 3 of the main reasons for being against the movement are complete and utter nonsense...

And of course Obama is supporting it, just like Romney, Santorum, and a ton of politicians from all sides. That's EXACTLY THE POINT!! The movement against Wall Street influence on the government is growing quickly, and politicians are scared #less that if they don't hop on board, they'll lose votes. It shows that the movement is actually working as it's supposed to


It's pretty clear that the majority of politicians (Obama, Romney, Perry, Bachmann, congress, the senate, ...) are bought puppets, and the thing they care most about is MONEY (donations). The people can't compete with corporations and the top 1% (MINORITY) when it comes to money and buying sock puppets. Luckily, there's ONE THING politicians care more about than money...VOTES! If they can't get votes, they can't play sock puppet. It's as simple as that. By raising public awareness of the issue (aka Wall Street being a vampire squid on the face of humanity), they force politicians to deal with the issue. Cheaper than bribing them too

edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Just the cheers for the CPUSA I guess.


Why do you keep saying that Romney supports OWS? Are you referring to OWS Donor Robert Halper and his support of Mitt Romney. Confused?

Santorum?
Not exactly glowing praise from Santorum

Presidential contender Rick Santorum says it can be argued class-warfare rhetoric that President Barack Obama has been “spewing” throughout the country spawned the Occupy Wall Street movement. The former Pennsylvania senator also told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren Obama himself was responsible for bailing out a floundering Wall Street in the first place.

“Well, I think this is — we’ve seen this before, Greta — I mean, this is a group of the radical left, and the labor unions, and the progressive movement in this country trying to do what they always do, which is use protests,” Santorum said. “It was anti-war protests, it’s environmental protests, now it’s Wall Street protests. It’s the same old: We need more government, we need to constrain business, we need to shut down the profits, and we need to confiscate wealth and redistribute it. That’s their agenda.


www.newsmax.com...

STill waiting on the clear message from then entire OWS movement other than than they are tired of billionaires influencing Govt. and yet willingly take billionaire dollars to buy pizza and patchouli and still advocate that they want to abolish all currency.

Anti Semitic response

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

We are seeing some individuals holding anti-Semitic signs at the "Occupy Wall Street" rallies, and some videos posted on YouTube from the rallies have shown individuals expressing classic anti-Semitic beliefs such as "Jews control the banks" and "Jews control Wall Street." While we believe that these expressions are not representative of the larger views of the OWS movement, it is still critical for organizers, participants and supporters of these rallies to condemn such bigoted statements clearly and forcefully.

There is no evidence that these anti-Semitic conspiracy theories are representative of the larger movement or that they are gaining traction with other participants. However, history demonstrates time and again how economic downturns can embolden anti-Semites to spread malicious conspiracy theories and promote stereotypes about Jews and money. As a consequence, these statements must not be left unchallenged.

www.adl.org...

I expect the anti Semitic rhetoric to escalate in desperation as the OWS movement deflates. These are the anti Israel pro Palestine folks marching in the streets.
edit on 18-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)



edit on 18-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 





There is no evidence that these anti-Semitic conspiracy theories are representative of the larger movement or that they are gaining traction with other participants.


Hell, the head of the ADL even says that it's a few fringe crazy ones posting those signs. You can find those idiots everywhere. And there's no signs that the larger movement cares about race at all, it's not even part in their main message.

As for Santorum and Romney, you might wanna read up on the latest news. The links you posted are a week old, they flip flopped since then...only took a week




Start at 1:00 to watch the videos where you SEE and HEAR them flip flopping


They're worried about losing votes, the very thing keeping them in power. Money helps to influence the people, but it doesn't automatically get you votes. So the protest is FORCING them to act as it grows, that's the great thing...and it seems to be picking up steam


Romney saying he "doesn't care about the top 1%" is beyond hilarious


Like a fat guy eating chicken wings saying he doesn't like chicken


As for the communist party...the majority of white suprematists probably vote more right than left, does that automatically mean we should despise the everyone on the right as much as white suprematists? Nonsense argument...
edit on 18-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Thanks for the video. However, what your seeing and hearing is just a little empathy. Much like Soros' sympathy

Now my head hurts even worse. I guess that's why I'm leaning away from Romney every day.

I don't think these guys have to worry about gaining or losing any votes from the OWS crowd.

ETA
The rhetoric has shifted away from the OWS movement as a whole by replacing it with empathy for the individuals who have fallen on hard economic times. The pro politicians are certainly spin masters.
edit on 18-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

In short, not exactly what your point is. What's bad about the movement? Enlighten us...how is protesting against governments being mere sock puppets a bad thing???


What I'm saying is this - Soros is exactly the kind of mega-rich guy they are protesting against. He's in the top of that 1%. He'd be like a .1% he's so rich and controls so much money.

So when a guy you are against, who represents everything you are protesting against says, "I agree with you! I'm against me too!" - its time to start being suspicious and wonder what he is up to.



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
George Soros: I'm not Funding Occupy Wall Street


George Soros says he isn't a financial backer of the Wall Street protests, despite speculation by critics including radio host Rush Limbaugh that the billionaire investor has helped fuel the anti-capitalist movement.

Limbaugh summed up the chatter when he told his listeners last week, "George Soros money is behind this."

Soros spokesman Michael Vachon said Thursday that the activist tycoon has not "funded the protests directly or indirectly." He added: "Assertions to the contrary are an attempt by those who oppose the protesters to cast doubt on the authenticity of the movement."[/url]

Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, etc. (pretty much all the right-wing talking heads) are doing their corporate masters bidding and trying to destroy the OWS movement before it can gain any momentum, and one means they've latched onto is to try and associate it with their favorite anti-capitalist capitalist, Soros. By the same logic employed here, Bill Gates and the Ford Foundation are also anti-capitalists, since they too have donated money to the Tides Foundation.



posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


I guess if Soros says its not true I have to believe him. His money is everywhere and once it leaves his wallet how can he actually say where the money is spent. Especially when it goes to Tides, a virtual clearinghouse for donations given by those who wish to spread the wealth around. Like a liberal political wing of the United Way.

Same article here
[ex]Vachon said Open Society specified what its donations could be used for. He said they were not general purpose funds to be used at the discretion of Tides -- for example for grants to Adbusters. "Our grants to Tides were for other purposes."

Tides declined to comment.


According to IRS disclosure documents from 2007-2009, the latest data available, Soros' Open Society gave grants of $3.5 million to Tides, a San Francisco-based group that acts like a clearing house for other donors, directing their contributions to liberal non-profit groups. Among others the Tides Center has partnered with are the Ford Foundation and the Gates Foundation.

IRS disclosure documents and reports from Tides also show that Tides gave Adbusters grants of $185,000 from 2001-2010, including nearly $26,000 between 2007-2009.


I've read too much about Soros over the years to think that at least his thumbprint is and some of his money are part of this. Furthremore, Soros supports MoveOn.org and they are part of this OWS thing as well. Not to mention connections to Van Jones "Dream" movement. Than man and his money are spread everywhere ACORN, Working Families Party, Think Progress, New Organizing Institute etc etc all names associated with OWS.

Can he deny funding through any of these groups? There are hundreds of groups tied to Soros and they are all useful tools in his tool chest.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join