It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the actual end of world December 24, 2011?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

Actually, what most "researchers" use to depict the Long Count is not the Long Count. In fact it's not even Mayan. What most people claim is the Long Count is in fact the Aztec Sun Calendar which isn't even a fully functional calendar. The Mayans did not believe that time was cyclical or in different Ages. The Long Count is intended to go on to infinity. However, it's kind of hard to carve a calendar that goes on forever.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phillwhyte
The end of the World
I have been following all the stuff about the comet ELENIN and YU55 and FemA and Home land security and the state of the economy her and abroad.

All companies big and small have a long term plan. I guess the US must have one too. It might take 4 or 5 presidents to reach some of theses goals, so the president is a short tern figure. The long term plan is bigger.

The earths biggest problem right now in population.We consume food and recourses and polute.There have been no mass extinction events since the second world war. There have been no pandemics since the Spanish flue. H1N1 had potential but nothing happened.

Here is the assumption.
The US, like Hitler and Napoleon want world domination. A New World Order with them running it. How do you accomplish that? You can't start a war, that’s global suicide. If everybody dies no one wins. You could release a virus but that’s hard to control.

Here is my theory:
You need and asteroid that has a stable orbit and is not too big and not too small. YU55. Just right.
Launch a spaceship to orbit the sun and align with YU55. The orbit would need to be inside that of YU55 to allow a landing on the asteroid.
The space ship needs to be disguised to look like a comet. Small ship inside an expandable shield with a coating that would give a corona like a comet.
Then at the right time the ship would pull away form the shield making it look like the comet was breaking up.
We don't want to alarm the local population of earth right.
So you create a sense of urgency with a high profile local disaster! This allows you to create Home Land Security and give them sweeping power to search and detain people and on and on.
Then you continue to prepare everyone for the disaster to come. You create FEMA and all that comes with that. You setup a test of the emergency broadcast system for the day after the asteroid hits?

The tricky part is getting the asteroid to hit in just the right place. The opposite side of the planet from the US and on land. we don't want any waves. Sure it will black out the sun for a few days but the population would drop to a controllable number. When you are prepered you help out and take control of everyting. NEW WORLD ORDER

All of this is just my perseption of the stuff I have been reading on the internet. Anyway at 11PM my time I will be out looking up trying to see YU55.
And that’s my conspiracy theory.

I was just putting peices togehter. If a took some other data I could make another plusable theory.
The world will not end any time soon. I do think it will end in about 400 million years for sure. Phillwhyte

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

With so many folk expecting one or two catastrophic events to take place, anytime around this December 24th would be ideal for those in control to put into play at least one or two "black flag" operations, to finish off what was started on 9/11. Right now those murderous traitors to the human race are no doubt wallowing not only in the success of the horrific events enacted by them on that date, but also in the knowlege that can and will get away with whatever they choose. Does anyone even remember the Anthrax scare? Wasn't that investigation shut down as soon as it was learned that the particular type of Anthrax could only have come from a known military base, and not some secret lab somewhere?
Whatever happens ( if anything does), it will have nothing to do with "aliens" as some folk believe, but in reality it will be those same murdering traitors of ten years ago.
There have been a few investigative type shows on television that show and talk about the sudden upswing in construction of the latest in "fallout shelters" for the extremely wealthy, as well as top level members of government and their families. It seems that survival time in one of those shelters is limited in some cases to only a couple of weeks or less, so I suspect some sort of chemical will be put into the atmosphere, and will be the catalyst that triggers a deadly reaction when it comes in contact with those chemicals that have getting sprayed worldwide for years now.
Now I'm wondering what the gasses from 2 billion rotting corpses will do, if anything! What I've just posted is only my one out of the many hundreds or thousands that are floating about out there, as speculate is all we really can do. Even though I don't think anything unatural will happen, I have a well hid long abandoned silver mine I discovered over 20 years ago, that just might come in handy some day. The main entrance is only big enough to allow passage for the bear that uses it as a hibernation den.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yu-55 will hit the northern Atlantic ocean in November, probably on the 9th. As far as the effects, I am unsure it it will make much of an "impact" other than a tsunami.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

That's some great evidence you've provided to support your claim. Silly me thinking that 2005 YU55 would pass Earth harmlessly and not present a threat for at least 100 years as that's what the math shows.

I would also like to point out that Coe, who is the originator of the December 24, 2011 date, doesn't even believe that is the date for 13 baktun anymore. He currently subscribes to the GMT+2 correlation which places 13 baktun on December 24, 2012.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I didn't show any evidence - that’s all over the internet, well there is some legitimate stuff out there.
YU55 has been known about since 2005 and is in a stable orbit inside the orbit of Mars. It is not a threat.
Not unless some one gives it a nudge?
The comet Elenin fizzled out and elongated. Elongated that’s what got me. Comets fizzle out, brake apart or dive into the sun. Please show me another comet that elongated? It looked like the space shuttle undocking from the space station. Because YU55 is going to be so close to the earth it would not take much to knock it off course.
Anyway if you look at where Elenin elongated and look where YU55 was at the time and the spead of the two objects. To me it looks like a docking manuver. Thats all. Just weird.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ignoranceisnotbliss2011

I am not so sure about an 'age of enlightenment'. From my understanding, the Mayans based their calendar on cycles that repeated themselves and for whatever reason- this cycle ends on mm/dd/yyyy (enter your own dooms date here). In other words, nobody knows what this cycle is going bring. It could be an age of enlightenment or it could be an age of chocolate death OR maybe the rest of the Mayan calendar was burned along with the rest of their culture by those damn Spanish explorers. Nobody knows for sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by C3RB3RU5

Actually the Mayans didn't believe in cycles. This belief doesn't appear until the Popol Vuh which was written after the arrival of the Spanish. If you look at the way they constructed their calendars and dates it becomes apparent that this concept of different worlds never existed prior to this book. Instead they expected the Long Count to extend forever.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Oct. 28, 2011
Dec. 21, 2011
Dec. 24, 2011
Dec. 21, 2012

How many dates are the end of their calendar? Should I just stay scared all the time?

That's the idea.

Fear = control.

Bravery = freedom.

Couldn't be any simpler.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The end is really a begining were we all will be enlightened.....

......and by enlightened i mean we will realise that we were fools to believe in this hype to begin with.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

The world will not end on this date, the world itself will never end, However the world as we know it to be will soon end and be destroyed in many ways.To give a end of world date is absurd.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
2 weeks and counting.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Another one

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The one thing i can't get is: what makes some people think, that a planet that has been around for millions of years (at least) would suddenly end in the mere +/- 70 years of their cosmically pitiful existence?
edit on 10-12-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lithops
The one thing i can't get is: what makes some people think, that a planet that has been around for millions of years (at least) would suddenly end in the mere +/- 70 years of their cosmically pitiful existence?
edit on 10-12-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

World wont go boom...if you think that..you watch too much movies.

Its a transition, like night goes to day, and day goes to night.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I left that out of the equation simply, because the OP wasn't onto that, at least from what i gathered. I meant the people who really think that someday the SHTF, so to speak. People who think otherwise, like yourself, are more reasonable and i can "get" that.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well. I have been watching various biblical prophesies for the last few years trying to put them on a timetable. If 12-21 to 12-24-2012 is actually a significant date for end times then this is the possible events that could be happening then.

Gog-Magog disaster. With Iran in the news lately with a possible strike from Israel in the offing it could be Israel/US finally pull the trigger on Iran. Which in turn inflames the rest of the middle east into attacking Israel. Which under the Leviticus 26 agreement the Jews have with their God may actually cause the destruction of the army that was attacking Israel.

Another possibility. The Gog-Magog event may be attached to other predicted events and prophesies. They would be as follows.

The first return of Jesus Christ as predicted by Matthew 24 and Luke 21.

The opening of the 6th seal of Revelation.

The best I been able to figure out the Apocalypse of the Bible has 2 major events to it. The first being a preliminary event culminating with the 6th seal of Revelation and the other events mentioned. Followed by the half hour of the 7th seal of Revelation and then the sounding of the first trumpet of Rev.

Best guess on that is in the mid 2020s ..With it all over with by 2028.
edit on 10-12-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Whether the calendar ends 12/21/2012 or 12/24/2011 is irrelevant.

Originally posted by demonologist842012
For those who believe the ancient mayans along with many other ancient and modern civilizations that have predicted the end of the word,

This is a false statement. The Mayans never predicted the end of the world or anything else surrounding this date. It was simply the end of their long count calendar. If the civilization had lasted until the present they would have started a new one. People who believe that the Mayans predicted the end of the world need to brush up on what is fact and what is created to sell books and movies.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The December 24, 2011 date originates in 1966 with Michael Coe's book The Maya. By 1980, when the second edition of the book was published, he had abandoned this date and by 1984, when the third edition came out, he settled on the date he continues to support to this day, December 23, 2012. As far as I know there are no researchers that support Coe's original date. Correlations, such as the GMT, simply have a lot more data backing them.

OUTDATED INFO,OUTDATED FOR MORE THAN 3 DECADES.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Don't tell my kids, it'll give them an excuse to open their gifts early. This is just another in a long line of doomsday dates. None of the others came true [obviously] and neither will this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join