It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the actual end of world December 24, 2011?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The world is not going to end any time soon as long as I am around. I simply will not allow it. So sleep easy people knowing that I am ALIVE!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Well we are here for a reason. A huge population of people, all the earths creation, how the human body and animals body works, how we are superior to all known animals, how we all have the What if thoughts. We were made from something even is the something is worth nothing. A famous sculptor can take a huge block of cement that is worth nothing, knock some of the cement away and sell it for millions of dollars. We were made for a reason. If no money could be made or no one even notices i do not think the famous sculptor would have even tried. Civilization is here and getting stronger every day that goes by. It will just be sad that if the world ends civilization may not be able to save us in time. MONEY RUNS THE WORLD THESE DAYS!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ah and what do you plan to do to stop this? Conjour up some black magic potions, summon beelzebub and the highest creatures of power to stop the world from ending when humans destroy it in world war 3. haha. Every one has their own beliefs and ideas. I am the same as every one else its just i have an actual book from 1700s london which has the rituals and spells to summon creatures to end the world, however i will not atempt this as i have believe it has been attempted befor and caused the great london fire of 1666.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
demonologist842012, all these things you say have merit, but somethings men just cant know. Possibly because we are 3 dimensional and the universe has what 13 dimensions or so at the last count(possibly). The world wont end mate this is a prison planet according to some schools of thought. We just aint that lucky dude, so toke on a spliff n ride it out.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
well the last date on my calender is december 31 2011.
so thats the end of that. not.
it was the same last year and im still here
and the year before that and the year before that.
so the answer obviously is no. december 24 2011 is not the end of the world.
nor is any other date you care to mention

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I guess every one will truly see what will happen. The date may be slightly off or way off but this world will have to end one day. Nothing last forever. All the global catastrophes, wars, fighting, protest, corrupt government,fbi,cia,mso,police officers, border control guards and things like that does not make it easier. All the horrible things happening are increasing dramatically and there is no other explanation except the end is near. I believe the end is no where near what people may think but i do believe some thing very bad is going to happen soon that will effect the entire worlds population of how we live.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

of course theres another explanation...
...all these things have always happened. so at the moment theres increased activity, but thats all it is.
what are people gonna say when the end of 2011 passes and we're still here?
there'll be a new date conjured up somehow that we're all going to perish.
that scenario is becoming human nature. its doom dating
edit on 3/10/11 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Come on Jebus, bust a move, these crazys needs some Rapture!
edit on 3-10-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
I kinda hope so. I'm done with this life.
Interesting find.

I'm done with it too, only thing is I wanna see The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers and possibly the Godzilla reboot next year as well as see the day Guillermo Del Toro finally gets to make and release At The Mountains Of Madness before I die.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am sooooo glad that there is another end of the world -- I had family commitments so I missed the one that happened towards the end of September -- I will make certain I catch this one. Thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I think the next end of the world date if we are still here after 2012 will probably be around 2020-2036. It seems in reason that would be a good time to put the scare on people. It even mentions something about 2036 being the end of the world so who know. People like us may be talking and doing the exact same thing in 2036 except it will not probably not be on a computer or phone since in 2036 it will probably be considered primitive technology.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"I'm done with it too, only thing is I wanna see The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers and possibly the Godzilla reboot next year as well as see the day Guillermo Del Toro finally gets to make and release At The Mountains Of Madness before I die."

Thats more like it, capitalist pigs that we all are eh?

Still waiting on that move here Jebus!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I wonder if the ratings for the movie made about 2012 will go down if the world ends in 2011 instead? Hmmm i believe there may not be any more ratings haha unless satan decides to give the movie a rating of zero when he comes and sets the earth on fire and yells his rebel yell rawwwrrrrrr. haha

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Satans ether a pussy or a seriously mixed up entity, I mean hes had what between 2000-5000 years to come forward so to speak......dont see the dude yet eh? I say come ahead ya bam ile stick that pitch fork where the sun dont shine!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
no, it was yesterday, we're all dead

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So thats what that red door knobs is here for! I see sad people!
edit on 3-10-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonologist842012
Could the world actually be ending quicker then people may actually think?.

I sure hope not...I just bought theatre tickets for December 31st!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"Could the world actually be ending quicker then people may actually think?"
how quick do people think? Id love to see this book by the way? Can you post pics please?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I dont really feel particularly threatened by end of the world stories - as to be honest on a realistic level , to me, it will be just another Christmas eve where I will refuse to allow myself to get drawn into vast supermarket queues where people fill up two trolleys each with ridiculous amounts of food that they will never eat in a month and all the general greed that this time of year generally brings.

As a random thought - Perhaps the ending of the Mayan calendar is possibly some foresight that Seasons would be changing from 2012? We no longer have a guaranteed Spring Summer Winter and Autumn it is all very much 'all season all year' . The weather has become very erratic in the lead up to 2012. . Back in 'Mayan days' everything to do with the soil and the setting of the sun was probably far more predictable. Only a few years ago the weather was more predictable then it is now so perhaps the ending of the Mayan Calendar might be a way of predicting that there is no need for a calendar anymore to point out seasons mainly because they wont 'exist' in the known format.

Not the best of answers I suppose but just what came to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm going to approach this from two angles. First is the simple one. Coe's correlation was wrong. Simple as that. Of course, modern researchers suspect that the current GMT correlation is also wrong, but it does not change the fact that Coe was wrong as well.

Second is my oft-given speech about how 13 baktun had no special meaning to the Mayans. If you look at the entirety of the Classic Maya period there is only one mention of 13 baktun. This is on Tortuguero Monument 6. It does not refer to doomsday. Then if we look at both the Classic and Post-Columbian periods we find that once again there are no prophecies associated with 13 baktun. In fact there is no indication that 13 baktun is the end of the Mayan Long Count, or even that the Long Count ends. Prior to the arrival of the Spanish no Long Count ended on 13 baktun. In fact there were Long Counts that went up to 19 baktun. Then if we look at monuments and stelas we see dates that extend past 1 piktun. So, even if Coe was right with his correlation it wouldn't mean anything as 13 baktun held little to no significance to the Maya.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join