It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I think we will NEVER determine what that was, 'cause the ONLY data available comes from NASA and US military. I mean, who else has access to data from sun-observing space crafts??? So doesn't matter if that was an alien plasma weapon, a DARPA missile or a rogue planet. The official explanation is "That was a comet". Everything different than that, will be promptly refuted and ridiculed by the online shills.

To use the vernacular, can you prove it wasn't a comet? 'Scepticism' means being able to question, it doesn't mean rigid unquestioning faith in an alternative explanation. And lose one point for the word 'sheeple' in your username.
Dude, you are replying to the wrong person. I didn't write that. 1AnunnakiBastard wrote that. I'm SheepleFlavored because "Owlflavored" was either taken already or didn't fit the forum. I don't even remember, but the name struck me funny at the time. Anyway I was wondering why you Foe'd me. Most bizarre reason I ever saw to put someone on the respected foe list, considering you neither respect me nor even attributed the correct quote to the correct person. If you look at my original post to which Anunnaki was replying you will see we likely hold the same open minded wait and see stance. I have no idea what the damned thing is, but if it was a comet, I was speculating that there are some aspects of the Electric Universe Theory that MIGHT account for the visual effects seen as a CME MAY have been caused in response to the impact of the comet.
edit on 4-10-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by 10thletter

IF,

It was "just a small comet" I'd hate to see what a big one would do! In any case the event has caused some head scratching at NASA and those concerned, and judging by the comments there, it seems that there is a consensus that one event caused the other, but nothing is written in stone as yet.

Meet Comet Machholz (thanks Phage)

Now take another look at Sol's recent "attacker"...

Now, Machholz (the Comet, not the man) is only a few km across, what does that tell you?

Now, watch this...

I'm looking and looking and looking and i still cant figure out HOW the U.F.O. is traveling at 4:00 angle (facing us) and explodes at 9:00? The angles don't match up!!!! In order for it to have exploded out...at 9:00 the object would have to be traveling in the 3:00 direction...and even then, it wouldn't make sense. If the object hit the sun...the explosion would have come from the same SIDE the U.F.O. is traveling.

Also.......has anyone noticed...that the bottom of the disk...at around 7:00....has a bright spot on it...that never moves...until the explosion hits. And, on the opposite side....a long streak of emptiness is traveling in the opposite direction, the U.F.O. is flying. Focus you attention on the bottom half of the screen. How come things aren't moving...as fast as the top half?

Could someone do a screen shot....just as the object comes into view? The exact time is 13:36. There is an anomoly that happens....at the SAME TIME the object becomes visible....and i swear it looks like an alien spaceship (and i'm NOT a believer of aliens) It actually just 'appears' and then disappears. I got the screenshot.....but not sure how to put it into photoshop. You conspiracy theorists are gonna looooove this one! Just keep your eyes FOCUSED to the left part of the screen...and not the right.

And, there's another anomoly that i spotted at the 21:48 mark....so...could you screan shot that also. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

I do see a flaring at 19.00 approx on the upper right, just not of the same order as the later flarings on the left, but there nevertheless.

As far a CME is concerned you would think there would have to be a lot of mass involved as a striking force, that is not the kind of force I mean, but in the way described here, (saves me writing, I'm a lazy burger)

' SpaceWeather.com reports that before 2011 most solar physicists would have discounted these two events as being related, but earlier this year, the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) watched another sungrazer comet disintegrate in the Sun’s atmosphere, and it appeared to interact with plasma and magnetic fields in its surroundings as it fell apart. Could a puny comet cause a magnetic instability that might propagate and blossom into a impressive CME? Most likely this is just a coincidence, but this is definitely an event in which solar scientists are taking a closer look. The comet, named SOHO-2143, was just discovered on Sept. 30 by an amateur astronomer. '

BTW, thanks to Phage for posting the SDO video with commentary, the one I posted had none.

edit on 4-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Hey how did you imbed the movie, I couldn't get that.

Here is the screen shot you asked for.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't know anything about anything.

But to me doesnt look like a big deal. So the sun ate something. It's no big deal. I've never even been to the sun. and usually I'm all Gung ho and doom & gloom XD

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That was an amazing and beautiful um…coincidence?!?

I do however like the quote on space weather!

"Could a puny comet cause a magnetic instability that might propagate and blossom into a impressive CME? The question is not so crazy as it once seemed to be…"

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerVerboten

I don't know anything about anything.

But to me doesnt look like a big deal. So the sun ate something. It's no big deal. I've never even been to the sun. and usually I'm all Gung ho and doom & gloom XD

Clearly, to me at least, you have not read the thread. This isn't about doom and gloom...far from it. It's about an anomaly.

How it happened without some agency dedicated to our sky, didn't have more warning of it's being in our immediate space.

It's about the magnitude of the event, and how it caught so many off-guard.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Could someone do a screen shot....just as the object comes into view? The exact time is 13:36. There is an anomoly that happens....at the SAME TIME the object becomes visible....and i swear it looks like an alien spaceship (and i'm NOT a believer of aliens) It actually just 'appears' and then disappears.

Ooh, good eye! Yeah, i wonder what that is, i've certainly learned a lot in the past 24 hours about Stereo but what that could be, definitely isn't one of them!
edit on 10/4/11 by djz3ro because: my grammer needed fixing

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

Hey how did you imbed the movie, I couldn't get that.

Here is the screen shot you asked for.

I dont know...because someone else posted that....i just hit the "quote" button. How did you screen shot the image? I mean, i know HOW...but what program did you use to convert it? And do you see that object...to the left? What's that? Could you also screen shot the 21:48 mark?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't know why people are still saying its a comet, when nobody knows what the object was. It seems to me that it is nothing more than a formulated guess, I may not be able to prove to you that there is an afterlife but until some concrete evidence is slammed onto the table, I won't believe that this was a comet that slammed into the sun

NASA and others who agree with everything they tell you, may just claim it is a comet because it is a common object that impacts the sun all the time. I will continue to say that is is simply an object that could have been anything, including a massive high-tech missile targeting that space ship over there to the left that missed its target because it could have easily moved in the blink of an eye
, providing you with that example as the object that impacts the sun comes into vision

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

Yup. Could be that.
Could be a flying unicorn.
Could be a fire bunny.
Probably not though. Probably just another Kruetz comet.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How long does it take a CME to reach the Earth?

The average distance from the Sun to the Earth is 150 million kilometers which can be written as 150 x 10^6 Km.

CME's can vary in speed. They can range from 200 km/s to 1000 km/s, although typically, most of them travel at about 424 km/s (Avg 1996-1998 speed St. Cyr et al., 2000).

Assuming that CME's don't accelerate or decelerate on their way from the Sun to the Earth, we can easily compute from the numbers given, the minimum travel time, the maximum travel time, as well as the average travel time.

time=distance/speed

So, the average time it would take a CME to get to the Earth is 98 hrs. At 1000 km/s, a CME would take 42 hrs, and at 200 km/s, a CME would take 208 hrs.

Check out these web sites for more on CME's:
www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
(A student activity: track CME's as they head towards Earth)
lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil...
(SOHO/LASCO list of all CME's observed since SOHO launch)

So. We have 1 day to about 5 days until we can expect a possible impact.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx
I don't know why people are still saying its a comet, when nobody knows what the object was.

They are saying it because it's a comet. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean "nobody knows."
I don't know why some of you are flipping out.

The interesting part of this is the CME being released...it seems quite evident that comets crashing into the sun cause CMEs. Still, it's just a CME and nothing to be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by djdan200

The large CME (supposedly the result of the supposed "impact") occurred on the far side of the Sun and will not affect Earth.

There was a mild CME some time before that which was Earth directed. We may experience some effects from that one in 24 hours or so.

edit on 10/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

Yup. Could be that.
Could be flying unicorn.
Could be a fire bunny.
Probably not though. Probably just another Kruetz comet.

Phage honestly, no need to start of a flying unicorn in space conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
Just found this on:

spaceweather.com...

Some people wait for Phage... Not me, I wait for this guy. Great link and thank you. You should have put what it was a link to though as from your star count obviously nobody is clicking it. Spectacular!
edit on 4-10-2011 by shug7272 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

COMET AND CME: A comet discovered by amateur astronomers on Friday, Sept. 30th, disintegrated in spectacular fashion the very next day when it plunged into the sun. The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory recorded the comet's last hours. The end was punctuated by an unexpected explosion:

Comet crashes into the Sun

Spaceweather.com

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
photon torpedo's from my mind

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

what is with those 3 maybe 4 planets(sphere?) arround the sun, don`t tell me that you can`t see it!!!...one is at 12 o clock, and next to te right down to the bottom ...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I just use paint in windows to crop the image.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join