It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

Since Elenin (or what's left of it) is above the ecliptic, we will will not pass through its tail at all. For the same reason, there will be no "alignment" in November. By then Elenin will be far above the ecliptic.

Don't get your hopes up for seeing anything with your new scope if you go looking for Elenin.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh no my little friend, it is quite easy to calculate a linear line and I have done it. Then again I have taken physics classes and worked at a national laboratory working on satellites for deep space objects, what about you?

You seem more like a dis informant here trying to obfuscate information.

C2 and C3 satellites who the same calculation.

Now put your head in the sand and go bbwbwbww..real loud.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Does ATS have an ignore button of some kind here?
edit on 4-10-2011 by TWISTEDWORDS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Does ATS have an ignore button of some kind here?

I think they just used it on you..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Oh no my little friend, it is quite easy to calculate a linear line and I have done it. Then again I have taken physics classes and worked at a national laboratory working on satellites for deep space objects, what about you?

Yet you thought the comet was the same size as Mercury...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

We have samples from the core of the sun, they are called atomic bombs.

Okay. I'll respond, even though I really shouldn't have to explain this. An approximation of what we think MAY be occurring at the centre of the sun is NOT a core sample. It is verifiably, and demonstrably not the same thing. Don't be all "There's your answer, fishbulb!" when that's not even AN answer... Let alone "the" answer.

The best we can say is that an atomic bomb blast closely enough resembles the activity on the surface (to a reasonable depth maybe) of the sun that we can infer the outer shell of the sun operates in a similar way.

That does mean, however, that solid sun survives! (Woo! Solid sun!)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

And yet you ignore the images which provide a "side view" of the event.
Why is that?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This link will explain to you how you calculate linear lines like I showed earlier and i am correct.

Straight from SOHO itself..

pretty simple Distance from center of SOHO is a straight line and you can calculate speed with each pixel that the comet passes through space. SOHO already absorbs a lot of noise so you can assume it is taken care of. Again, it took 2.22 hours to pass from the outer ring of c3 satellite to the SUN's outer corona. After 2.22 hours there is an explosion on the next frame. Space is vast and large so it would take time for the explosion to move from the SUN outwards, beyond C3 to see.
SOHO Document

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Sep19-Oct10 Mercury -1.5 Right to Left

Now this "winged" celestial body is way too large to be Mercury, not to mention it is "winged" or "ringed" on top of that

edit on 4-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: grammar

If you watch enough, you'll see that most of the planets appear as "winged'

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This also shows a front view of the SOHO camera that again shows the explosion.

10-01-2011 at 18:54 it enters the dark circle of SOHO

10-01-2011 at 21:08 This is when the explosion begins, again a front view now of the SUN. Approx 2 hours after the camera lost sight of the comet. You still see the tail, but that's expected.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A better way to explain this event would be to take a .22 caliber firearm and put it up against a watermelon and discharge the firearm. Then tell me if the bullet doesn't cause the other end of the watermelon to shoot out. This is only common sense folks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

A better way to explain this event would be to take a .22 caliber firearm and put it up against a watermelon and discharge the firearm. Then tell me if the bullet doesn't cause the other end of the watermelon to shoot out. This is only common sense folks.

A bullet goes through a watermelon. Are you suggesting the comet went though the sun?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i'm pretty sure its still there. SOHO saw it, but it could only be seen by the boys who know what to look for (there's an ATS thread that seems to check out where a discussion between an ATS member and some director at the JPL solar lab). It is at or bellow mag 7 brightness, prolly (too dim for SOHO)..easy enough to see with a semi decent scope once its away from Sol, tho.

then we'll see for sure what it's state is: hence, telescope.

Elenin's orbital inclination is only 1.8deg..that's essentially IN the ecliptic. Most planets are between 3 and 5 deg. That makes Elenin more in plane than the stable planets.

The draconoid meteor shower happens on Fri this week. The meteors originate from a comet with a 5 year orbit whose orbit intersects with our own. We get these showers every year. If you compare the distance from earth orbit to draconid orbit to the distance between elenin orbit and earth orbit, you'll find that we are closer to the Elenin orbit. We will essentially pass thru Elenin's orbit.

same deal with the alignment... its not a true 'line'.. not a 1 dimensional phenomenon. It's a tube that has a density function, prolly highest inna middle but having some discreet and prolly large effective cylindrical radius.

shrug.

i'll b watching...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

A bullet goes through a watermelon. Are you suggesting the comet went though the sun?

It would depend upon what the object (that is being thought of as just a comet) is really made of.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Last time I checked sparky the SUN isn't a solid mass object, but here you go. It took two seconds to google that, what a mystery.

SUN Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira

It would depend upon what the object (that is being thought of as just a comet) is really made of.

you are correct and since we do not know, it is possible that this is what occurred. Now, the SUN is rather large so it could have caused a reaction that disturbed the our White Star and disturbed it briefly. The star is far from a perfect. I really wish they would change the name of the white star to just a white star. Human beings have such a hard time understanding it's a small star.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

I think you're talking about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It (what was left of it) was barely visible in STEREO A HI1 at that time. It should have appeared in SOHO around the 23rd but didn't. SOHO can pick up objects at about m9 or brighter and at that time it was pretty close to the Sun and should have been pretty bright so the chances are slim.

Regarding the tail. Since Elenin above the ecliptic and since the tail is pushed by the solar wind, the tail will continue to be pushed higher above the ecliptic and miss Earth. Any debris trail is a bit different matter. It will, in the short term follow the original orbit of the comet and not approach Earth.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Last time I checked sparky the SUN isn't a solid mass object, but here you go. It took two seconds to google that, what a mystery.

SUN Wikipedia

I'm well aware that the sun is not a solid mass object. But since the comet was already evaporating before it got to the sun, I doubt seriously it went through.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

well it sounds like u got it all confidently figured out. i am not so sure.

The iceball hypothesis is toast: our comet flybys and deep impact mission proved that there's no water on comets. i think the plasma discharge hypothesis is closer to the mark.

closer.

but the fact is, we don't really know # about comets, much less the only known comet flying IN the plane of the ecliptic.

i hope we can learn something from this one..it'll be cruzing next to us at roughly 3 tenths of an AU for some time...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Well then jump in your star ship and try to reproduce something that just occurred in front of your eyes and for the record THIS IS NOT THE 1st TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED, it has happened hundreds of times on SOHO. So every time it happens eh its a coincidence?

Let me know how your experiment goes? Okay.....

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join