It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexuality is not a choice, you don't choose your attractions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
No you are right that its not a choice because opposites attract and therefore being gay is not a natural choice.

Attraction is natures way of getting to opposites to come together and reproduce....thats it.
If two people of the same sex were attracted to eachother then please tell me the point of it and what the outcome would be....please?

How quaint.

The only thing that exists in this world is sex for procreation.

Can't even imagine what other things a homosexual could contribute to this world.

GAWD! This gets so tiresome.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by chrissiel123
I don't believe anyone is born gay, but maybe one day science will be able to answer that question. The questions I have about homosexuality are 1 - is it morally or religiously ok? 1 - Is it something that will cause the downfall of society? 3 - Should gay people allowed to be married?

4 - Should those who can not even count to 3 be allowed to vote?

hahaha - thanks for pointing that out! I am a terrible proofreader!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

fair enough, that was just my opinion tho lol, i think that when mankind get to the point were sexuality really isnnt an issue then the majority of the population will actually be bi-sexual

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

"Love is a choice" huh?

You obviously have never known someone who was beaten by an alcoholic parent or molested, yet had to make sense of of the fact they can't stop loving the parent.

Do you think they would have that same dilemma for a drunk who jumped them at a bar or someone who date raped them?

Babies are inclined to love their parents, because they heard their voices before they were born. Did we all sit in the womb and decide if we loved our parents' voices?

And you know what....why should I care if two guys bump uglies behind close doors? Do we have a baby shortage in the world? No, so why do people obsess over an act they find gross. Personally, I do not sit and think about vomit I saw on the sidewalk and go out of my way to hate the person who did it or anyone who has ever vomited on a sidewalk. No. I do anything but think about it.

Yet some of you strange-os can help but continually talk about it. Here is some advise...shut up. Go and read a book about the political ideologies you claim to love or hate. Actually read your bible and if all of that bores you...go play with your kids, take your wife on a date or heaven for bid...finally figure out who is really f-ing you up the ass (SPOILER ALERT: It isn't the gays)
edit on 3-10-2011 by theingloriousbasterd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

The majority of people already are in many ways. Personally, I don't believe most people will be bi, but most people will admit they have a touch of gay. 95% (at least ) of us have a touch of gay. Most of us eventually cross paths with a person or situation related to the same sex that arouses us. That doesn't necessarily mean we had gay sex or will have it, but most of us have a touch of gay in our sexuality.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theingloriousbasterd

I'd have to question the 95% figure. I mean, I can appreciate a guy as being handsome, but as far as any kind of arousal? No, in fact, just the opposite. I'm perfectly comfortable in my own sexuality, and I have some gay friends and co-workers. My own brother is gay. I'm more of a "to each their own" kind of person. But gay thoughts? I have to go with Andrew Dice Clay on that..."How does a man go to the beach, see another fat, hairy guy, and go, Oh yeah, I gotta have that!"... I don't get it either. I don't even see what women see in us all that much, let alone how a guy can go for another guy.

Gay girls though? I get that. They like what I like, so how can I complain?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Got a question: Some people are attracted to objects and not humans i.e cars, Yes sexually. Does that mean they were born like that? I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
Got a question: Some people are attracted to objects and not humans i.e cars, Yes sexually. Does that mean they were born like that? I don't think so.

That would be a fetish. Who knows what triggers a fetish. I suppose some of it could be how the brain is wired.

But non-human objects do not produce Pheromones (and/or other body chemicals).

A scientist said: "we have to understand sexual attraction is all shades of gray. What was once thought to be gender black and white - - is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've said my whole life, "If I was born a woman I'd be a lesbian." I love women. That's how I was born. Thank christ I'm a man. I don't get hit by those stereotypes.

I don't get the hate. I really don't.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't know, if I was born a woman, I probably would have gotten a lot more action through the years with gay gals...
I'm all up for being reincarnated as a really hot lipstick lesbian.....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by GringoViejo

The whole point of attraction is to go with those who you can breed with! attraction is natures way of getting them together.

Tell me, oh wise one, how do you explain two humans of the same gender being attracted to each other then?

Are homosexuals incapable of being attracted to each other?

Please, educate me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join